Event id: 474 2 days after offline defrag

Last week my customers exchange 2000 information store dismounted and stopped
due to it's size exceeding the max 16gigs.

I had to run an offline defrag which lowered the databse to below 16 gigs
and it mounted properly. That night the was a good backup.

Since then there has not been a good backup - basically because of Event
id:474 - a chksum error.

I an afraid to restart that server or touch it because all of the email is
working - all is OK except it cannot be backed up.

We are prepared to order another server and run exmerge to migrate the data
- is this the best method - or is running eseutil to repair the store better?

Richard B.
0
RichardB (10)

Richard B <RichardB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Last week my customers exchange 2000 information store dismounted and stopped
>due to it's size exceeding the max 16gigs.
>
>I had to run an offline defrag which lowered the databse to below 16 gigs
>and it mounted properly. That night the was a good backup.
>
>Since then there has not been a good backup - basically because of Event
>id:474 - a chksum error.
>
>I an afraid to restart that server or touch it because all of the email is
>working - all is OK except it cannot be backed up.
>
>We are prepared to order another server and run exmerge to migrate the data
>- is this the best method - or is running eseutil to repair the store better?

The safest way would be to restore the database from a good backup.
The 474 error (and you may have a -1018 failure reason in the event
log, too) is usually associated with hardware or firmware problems.

Using Exchange 2003 SP2 will replace that 16GB limit with a 75GB
limit.

If you can do neither, install the 2nd server in the same
administrative group and move the mailboxes to the 2nd server. When
the database is empty, dismount it and the public folder store and any
other mailbox databases in the same storage group. Verify that the
dismounted databases are in a consistent state (use "eseutil /mh"). If
they are, delete the mailbox database files (.edb and .stm) for the
database you emptied.

Now fix the hardware/firmware.

Then mount the databases. That will create new, empty, database files.
Now move the mailboxes from the 2nd server back to the original server
and remove Exchange from the 2nd server.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

page numbering #2
I'm working on a landscape Excel document...the document will become part of a booklet,and I need the page numbers at the bottom of the page, but in portrait. Any help? ...

MSDN Installation 1.2: Javascript Errors
I have installed a CRM Server and separate CRM client (along with the supplied example database). Access through IE6 works fine. Within Sales for outlook, I have 2 issues; 1> It takes 1.5 minutes to start up Outlook (it's only a 1Ghz machine, but CPU usage appears as 1-2% while it is loading). 2> I get various script errors when clicking on the CRM Shortcuts; Errors include messages such as... 'http//crmsvr/sfa/home_comps.aspx - object does not support this property or method' IE script error 'Could not complete the operation due to error 80020101' For testing, ...

TabCtrl need to get rid of OK, ESC events
hi, i'm working on a CFormView subclass that contains a CTabCtrl subclass, which has two tabs. Each tab displays a CDialog subclass (tab1dialog, tab2dialog) that houses each tabs controls i learned all this from http://www.codersource.net/mfc_ctabctrl.html http://www.codersource.net/mfc_dialog_message.html now the PROBLEM is that I'm unable to get rid of the ENTER/ESC messages, which make my dialogs (for each tab) dissappear!!! arrghh.. i read online that overriding OnCancel() and OnOK() and PretranslateMessage() work, but in overriding those in the CDialog subclasses (tab1dialog,...

USB2 2.5 external backup
After very useful help from this group earlier, I am now deciding which external drive to buy. I am converting to USB 2.0 but on seeing a number of sales sites often 2.5 drive is shown as laptop and 3.5 as desktop. As I have very little backup 40 GB would give me ample space. I have a desktop unit but would prefer a 2.5 would this be compatible with desktop setup. Regards Roger ========================================= ============================== Roger wrote: > After very useful help from this group earlier, I am now deciding which > external drive to buy. I a...

Microsoft Outlook 2000 error #2
I have not been able to keep Outlook up on our server, it closes soon after it is opened with this error that I cannot understand. It says: Exception: access violation (0xc0000005) Address: 0x3f99a142 What does it mean and how can I fix it? Does anyone have any idea? Thank you! ...

Default Calendar Events
I have an Exchange 2003 server and would like to set default calendar events for all users. Is there a way to add these events to the server so that they show up on all calendars, even new users set up through the year ...

Multiple users #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed a home/student version of Office. My wife installed the same and unfortunately used the same of the three product codes. Every time she uses this I get kicked off. I uninstalled Office and re-installed with the idea of entering a different product code, but it never asked for a product key code. The program is fully working, except when my wife starts using hers and I get kicked off again. How do I fix this? See step #4 here: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/index.html#resetkey -- HTH |:>) Bo...

Banks #2
I am reviewing my current banking relationship and am looking for a better option than Wells Fargo. Their current charges for using bill pay through M/S money is $9.95 a month, no relief it having a high balance or combined accounts. "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F89443FF-1B73-4F22-A029-488DCE4701FF@microsoft.com... >I am reviewing my current banking relationship and am looking for a better > option than Wells Fargo. Their current charges for using bill pay > through > M/S money is $9.95 a month, no relief it having a high ...

Error Handler #2
Has anyone written an error handler for VBA forms. The error handler would display error messages based on bad input and pop up messages dynamically, etc. If not, has anyone developed a clean way to display error messages without using excessive message boxes? Thanks for any help. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Instead of message boxes and popups, consider a label on the form itself that displays the error message. In article <Ripan.zrum2@excelforum-nospam.com>, Ripan <<Ripan.zrum2@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > Has anyone written an error ...

Sumif base on 2 criteria
I am having problems coming up with a sumif formula based on two conditions. I have three columns. Column A = client #, Column B = work code, and Column C = hours. I am looking for a sumif formulat that will calculate the total hours worked for employees working on (for example) Client #387 and work code 88. Please help if you know how to do this. thanks. Joe Hi Joe; use sumproduct for this; =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100=387)*(B1:B100=88),C1:C100) I am assuming 387 and 88 are NUMBERS. If not, enclose them in ""s. "Joe Rotondo" <desjoe@aol.com> wrote in m...

Highlighting Rows #2
Hi Is there a way in which the row you are currently on in excel is highlighted in a different colour, and reverts back to original when user moves to a new row? Thanks right click sheet tab>view code>paste this>SAVE. You'll like it. 'McCurdy.Here is something inspired by Don Guillett. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim MyRng As Range Set MyRng = Target.EntireRow Application.EnableEvents = False On Error GoTo end1 Application.Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With MyRng .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=R...

reading pane in outlook 2003 #2
i prefer not to use the reading pane and have it switched off but it seems its configured seperately for every folder, is there an overall control for the reading pane in outlook 2003 so you can just switch it off for all folders? You can do this by changing the default Messages when all folders are still in this default view. Otherwise define a new view and apply it on first use of the folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "jas0n" &...

Money always forces 4 day lead time for electronic payments
My bank and I were trying to figure out why, when I order an online = payment for asap, it takes 4 (sometimes 5) business days to get paid, = but if I do it online at their website, it can be done the next business = day, or at most 2 days. Once I sync money by connecting to the bank = through money, it downloads the payment and has the right day on it. Question: Why does money not allow you to choose an earlier date for = epays (as opposed to check pays)? Any setting to change this behavior? = Thanks The bank actually determines that. If Money is using the bank's bill pay service, t...

2 Y Axes: Lines and a Stacked Column
Hello, I'm using Excel 2003 SP3 and having trouble with the following... Sample data: X Axis Y Axis1 Y Axis1 Y Axis2 Y Axis2 Y Axis2 Date DataA DataB DataC DataD DataE 1/31/09 4.3 3.6 10% 40% 50% 2/28/09 2.9 1.9 30% 60% 10% 3/31/09 1.2 6.4 15% 10% 75% I need Y Axis1 to be two simple lines and Y Axis2 a stacked column that sums to 100%. Can't figure this out. Please advise... Thanks! Jeff First, clear the cell above the dates,...

PSTDisconnectDelay #2
I'm running Outlook 98 on an XP machine and I need to change the default time for how long outlook locks it's PST file for. I have added a registry key for this and set it to 10 seconds as listed in the help files (See below) but with no change. It still takes 30 minutess for outlook to release the file. Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 234211 "The .pst file lock release interval is now configurable by adding the following DWORD value PSTDisconnectDelay to the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\8.0 \Outlook\PST Setting PSTDisconnect...

Server ActiveSync Event ID: 3007
Hi, Yesterday after 5:00 pm the mobile devices are not syncing anymore. When we look at the device we get an 0x85030022. When we look at the Front End Exchange 2003 server SP2 we see: Event Type: Warning Event Source: Server ActiveSync Event Category: None Event ID: 3007 Date: 19-5-2006 Time: 15:04:20 User: .....\...... Computer: TITOX46 Description: Exchange mailbox Server response timeout: Server: [.......] User: [.......]. Exchange ActiveSync Server failed to communicate with the Exchange mailbox server in a timely manner. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctl...

RE: Outlook 2003 / CRM 1.2 Install issue.
Hey there, Having trouble installing client v1.2 on a Win2000 Office 2003 client. The install completes sweet as no probs but when I first load up Outlook '03 I get the message Microsoft CRM ---------------- An error occurred whilr installing Microsoft CRM folders. Have tried searching for log files for the client but to no avail. If anyone can point me towards something or even tell me where the (install)log files are would be much apprec. Chris. Chris, I had a similar problem on a test install of CRM 1.0 with win XP and office 2003. I Just kept clicking ok and then c...

Ending Cash Balance in Investment Transactions Register vs Cash Transactions #2
This subject is the same as a previous topic. There didn't seem to be a conclusion in the last discussion of this problem, so I decided to address it once again for those who may still be suffering from this issue. Nonetheless, it's probably worth it for you to read the previous discussion for additional background and context information. THE PROBLEM: In MS Money 2004, for whatever reason, some transactions are stored as Opening Balance transactions and they're hidden from the user such that the opening balance will always be greater than zero even when there are no transaction...

SheetActivate event not triggered by PF5 (goto) range on different sheets.
Hi, I just noticed that the SheetActivate event is not triggered by PF goto ranges on different sheets. The same happens if the sheet i changed by selecting a named range in the drop-down list of the "Nam Box". I'm using Excel 2000 on top of XP. Is this a known issue, any workarounds, etc? thanks, Scot -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Edit offline public folder
Hi, is it possible to edit a public folder with contacts when it is offline? When it's possible how will I get this? Mike If they are added to your favorites in Outlook they should be accessible. On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 06:13:02 -0800, "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >is it possible to edit a public folder with contacts when it is offline? >When it's possible how will I get this? > >Mike ...

offline database creation
hey, i am trying to create an offline database on one of my POS stations. when i go to create database wizard it asks me for a sample database. after i choose rmssample.bck from my local machine it gives me an error cannot open backup device"C:\.......\rmssample.bck Device error or device offline. can somebody please help me out in this. Shoby, You need to change MSDE servers first. Go into SO Admin | File | Connect | for the server, type (local) - include the parenthesis Then create it. Make your changes to the Offline tab, again using (local) for the server name, test it...

Outlook 2002 Installation Problem #2
I installed my Outlook 2002 when I attempted to start it it refused to start giving me this message: "unable to open your default e-mail folders. The DLL file for the infrmation service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Do you have any ideas for me Will Decker wdecker2@cox.net Create a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal...

Money 2006 Small Business #2
Is this product available in New Zealand or compatible with New Zealand banks? I'd like to buy it via internet but am not sure if it is compatible. Tnx The 2006 versions are available for the US, Canada and Japan only. If you get the 2006 SB edition, then it will be the US one. Banks in NZ that can provide downloaded transactions (as OFX) should work with it, but you could try the trial version first and see whether that will accept a download from your bank to make sure. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org/ Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/ for tips and f...

How do I lock all cells in Excel except 2 which I need unlocked?
Alex, By default all cells in excel are protected or locked, select the cells you want to unlock and go to format, cells, protection and uncheck locked, the go to tools, protection, and protect sheet, enter a password if you want, now only the cells that you unlocked can be edited. Be aware that this protection is very easy to break, the code to do so can be found very easy, but it will work for most people . If you only need a few locked I would select them all first, Ctrl A, then go to format, cells, protection and uncheck locked, then select the cells you want to lock and go ...

60 day trial
I need help intalling my 60 day download Bearoxuz wrote: > I need help intalling my 60 day download ============================= 60 day trial download of what? And...please describe what type of help you are seeking. -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://support.microsoft.com/ph/695 Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk ...