Event ID:2111 Source:MSExchangeDSAccess

Hello Folks,
I am seeing Event ID:2111 Source:MSExchangeDSAccess error on Exchange
2000 Server (SP4 Windows) with Exchange SP# 3.

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeDSAccess
Event Category:	LDAP
Event ID:	2111
Date:		7/3/2005
Time:		6:59:32 AM
User:		N/A
Computer:	EBTJEDDC2
Process STORE.EXE (PID=4224). Received LDAP_SERVER_DOWN (0x51) from
Directory Server ebtjeddc2.EBTTIKARHQ.COM due to Kerberos ticket
timeout.

Any ideas?
Athif
http://msmvps.com/athif

0
zkathif (51)

This returns a good explanation:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/search.aspx

William

"Athif [MVP-Windows Server]" <zkathif@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message
> Hello Folks,
> I am seeing Event ID:2111 Source:MSExchangeDSAccess error on Exchange
> 2000 Server (SP4 Windows) with Exchange SP# 3.
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess
> Event Category: LDAP
> Event ID: 2111
> Date: 7/3/2005
> Time: 6:59:32 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: EBTJEDDC2
> Process STORE.EXE (PID=4224). Received LDAP_SERVER_DOWN (0x51) from
> Directory Server ebtjeddc2.EBTTIKARHQ.COM due to Kerberos ticket
> timeout.
>
> Any ideas?
> Athif
> http://msmvps.com/athif

Hi William,
This site always says. "Sorry, no results returned"

Athif

0
zkathif (51)
7/4/2005 6:28:56 AM
Ok, this was an easy one. We actually deleted a user who was part of
Domain Admin Group and had SeInteractiveLogon right on the Domain
Controller GPO. When this user was deleted, the permissions on Default
GPO and Default DC GPO still existed.

This user account in one or more Group policy objects (GPOs) could not
be resolved to a SID. We were able to trace this user from
%SYSTEMROOT%\Security\Logs\win=ADlogon.log and removed him from the
GPO's
too.

Rebooted the server & we could see Event ID 2080 and things are normal.

Good day,
Mohammed Athif Khaleel
MVP - SUS / WSUS
Windows Server Update Services Wiki
http://www.wsuswiki.com/Athifs=20

I Blog on http://msmvps.com/athif

0
zkathif (51)

Help needed with Certificates (Digital IDs)
Hi all I am running MS Outlook 2003 and am trying to sign an email which I want to send. I have created my own self-certificate using the programme "EldoS PKI Tools V1.1.26". I have then gone to Outlook's Tools>Options>Security and Imported the "Digital ID (Certificates)" which I had earlier created.I have also set up a "Default Setting" called 'Kirk Cert'. All looks well here. The problem I then get is when I create an email and the press the 'Send' button I get an error dialogue saying: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "Invalid ...

DPM 2010 RC agents and error ID 270
After doing a domain rename, I had to reconstruct a new DPM 2010 RC server with a new hostname (let's say from dpmold to dpmnew). I was able to attach the 2008 and 2003 servers to the dpmnew server successfully using "setdpmserver", however, the clients (XP and W7) refuse to get connected with dpmnew. I have ran the "setdpmserver" command on the clients (with run as admin) as well as verified that the group memberships on the local computer (for Distributed COM Users, DPMRADCOMTrustedMachines, DPMRADmTrustedMachines) are set correctly for the dpmnew server...

need to convert bin file to source
Hi All, I have lost the source code somehow & now i want convert the bin file to its source code. I have made this BIN file through exe2bin tool which converts the .exe file to .bin file & that .exe file was output of some C code. Now i have to do some little changes in that C code. Please help. Himanshu This is a bold endeavor, Himanshu! Reverse Engineering is a tricky craft, almost as difficult as writing a compiler. There are disassemblers which will give you a reasonable idea of the assembly language code that would have assembled your binary. And, I'm pretty sure the...

Ill Ex03 server, can't open event log or change services with msc
I have an exchange 2003 server which did not come up happily after a reboot which I forced after the latest IMF update. (Dell raid 5 powerdege Hardware seems OK) I have a message saying that " a service did not start" etc. What I did was start in safe mode and try to change the service start up manual, however althogh I could view the services, I could could not right click and change properties. Also I could view the event log, but not the properties for each event. I was, however able to edit the registry to change service properities. Reboot and go in in "un-safe&quo...

How to detect a webpage source has changed
I have an MFC dialog running in its own thread with a browser control displaying a page with a powerpoint presentation embedded. I need to know when the source for that page has changed. Can you query attributes of an HTML file on a remote machine in any way ? I have a timer running already so I suppose If I can query every five mins and redisplay the page if its changed it will work but is there a slick web based way to detect if a page has changed ? This may be basic. Sorry if it is. Cheers. I am not sure if there is a set way to do it. In addition, what does a change really mea...

"Not in list" event code
Hello everyone: I'm having problems with the below code for adding combo box input if input is not' in the list. What are the variables here that I must change the names of, etc...? I've tried a couple things but was not successful. Thank you! ********Code Start****************** Option Compare Database Private Sub Combo54_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer) Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strMsg As String strMsg = "'" & NewData & "' is not an available Document Number Name " & vbCrLf & vbC...

Exception causes load event to end
Hi guys and gals I'm having a wierd problem with my application. I'm calling a few functions and subs from my main load event, and everything works just fine - except when one of functions throws an exception (which is handled by the function itself). When an exception has ocured (and been handled) in one of the functions, and the rest of the code, in the main load event should run - northing happens. It's like the rest of the load event just had been completely forgotten. What could be the problem here? Regards Søren Schimkat Hi, If not done, a firs...

Event ID 8270 #2
All, We are running Exchange 2000 SP3. We do have 2 domains; domain.com running in mixed mode & native.domain.com running in native mode. The Exchange servers are in the mixed mode domain. When we create a universal security group, the system logs event ID 8270: (LDAP returned the error [41] Object Class Violation when importing the transaction....) Any help would be highly appreciated. Olivier Olivier <Olivier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are running Exchange 2000 SP3. >We do have 2 domains; domain.com running in mixed mode & native.domain.com >runnin...

Is the check code necessory in control event function?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com: 80/support/kb/articles/q180/3/66.asp&NoWebContent=1 From the above article, I learned how to add function to answer for control event. But the implementation of the function, OnDocumentComplete, puzzled me. Is the following code necessory? Why? { IUnknown* pUnk; LPDISPATCH lpWBDisp; HRESULT hr; pUnk = m_webBrowser.GetControlUnknown(); ASSERT(pUnk); hr = pUnk->QueryInterface(IID_IDispatch, (void**)&lpWBDisp); ASSERT(SUCCEEDED(hr)); if (lpDisp == lpWBDisp ) { // Top-l...

ID 447
We are running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Server 2003 SP1. Over the past few days the event log has been reporting the following error a couple times each day: ID = 447 Source = ESE Category = Database Corruption Description = Information Store (2132) First Storage Group: A bad page link (error -338) has been detected in a B-Tree (ObjectId: 98695, PgnoRoot: 36213) of database G:\Exchsrvr\Mdbdata\priv1.edb (36213 => 39906, 3382). Info I've found indicates possible cause as bad hardware or virus scan of database files, but we don't scan the database files and I'm getting no other ...

Deleting a Windows Live ID from the drop-down list
On the sign-in page, the drop-down combo lists all the Windows Live ID's available. Is there a way to remove any one of the items in the list? Found the solution :-) Click the down arrow next where it says "sign in as", then click "forget me". "grovelli" wrote: > On the sign-in page, the drop-down combo lists all the Windows Live ID's > available. Is there a way to remove any one of the items in the list? "grovelli" <grovelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05823788-4A4B-4ACC-9033-4C8802C7AF43@m...

Event ID 3017
The above event ID is showing up on my Exchange 2003 server. I did go through the following article below and did not find any Internal or External DNS configured on my SMTP Virtual Server. I also did check the configuration of the Exchange SMTP Connector and it does have the Asterisk, "*" symbol. So, what could be wrong? Thanks in advance! http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B555418 Neil, Have you enabled message tracking? If so what do you see when you track these messages? Hope this helps, Kalvin "Neil" wrote: > The above event ID is...

Error when using "Open data source".....
I have a .pub document that uses a database to fill in fields. In the past this has worked perfectly, but now when I open the doc there is an immediate error stating that mail merge cannot continue. In the mail merge menu the option to cancel the merge is active. The file containing the datasource (Access 2000) is not open. Any attempts to connect to any datasource are met with the same error. ANd the problem is there if I start with a new, blank document, too. Access files open fine directly. I cannot find any information on how to troubleshoot what looks like an ODBC connection prob...

how to update data displayed from a UDF when the source data chang
I have a workbook that I am trying to use a user defined function to always reference the previous sheet so I can make several copies of the sheet to cover a 52 week period. I have made it this far. However when I change the data and then go to the next sheet the calculations do not automatically update. I have tried to refresh the data and re-calculate the sheet but the calculation does not update. Any help would be appreciated. JMC I don't seem to have a problem with this UDF not updating. Is yours similar? Function PrevSheet(rg As Range) Application.Volatile n = Applica...

newbie question: Can I modify MFC source code?
Hi, everyone, suddenly, a strange question came to my mind: If for some reasons or own desire..... Can I modify the MFC source code, and rebuild the MFC***.DLL and libs? It seems no one have talked this issue on this news groups. Any suggestion? Thank you. You shouldnt need to do this at all. Whichever classes need modication, you should be able to derive from those and use those or override related methods to change the behavior. If you dont want to derive you can use your classes directly as well and mix it with MFC architecture. I have never had to do this(build MFC) in many years of u...

getting the account id when I have the incident id from url querystring
Hi, How to get the account id for a case when I have an incident id obtained from the request,and then say... get details like faxnumber for an account,is this a valid question ??I see an CRM Incident.Retrieve method to read the incident table perhaps,there is a foreign key, Regards, Mandar Agashe. If you use the Incident.Retrieve, it will give you the AccountId as one of the field in there. though it is most likely label CustomerId along with CustomerTypeCode. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Mandar" <mandaragashe@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127397161.44838...

How to disable or turn off hyperlink message "file from a Trustworthy Source"
Using PowerPoint 2003 using Windows 7 OS, I have inserted hyperlinks to ". svs" digital whole scanned slides (similar to an exe request). When in "show" mode, the annoying message: "Some files contain viruses ... it is important to be certain the file is from a trustworthy source. Do you want to open the file?" I have 15 presentations, all with links to different image files and I don't want this message each time. 1) I have opened as "administrator" and set security to "low" for the macro settings; 2) I have opened as &quo...

GDI and Events
Hi I'm trying to learn a bit about c# GDI and the paint event. I want to try writing a program to move a GDI square or circle around a form with the keyboard. I've i had a go but i run into recursion issues on the paint event while I am trying to store/restore the background to stop the square/circle leaving a trail. Any help / code samples appreciated. Thanks Luke *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Luke Ward wrote: > Hi > > I'm trying to learn a bit about c# GDI and the paint event. I want to > try writing a program...

Event ID: 9646 #2
I'm seeing an issue with Exchange 2003 SP1 in clustered environment. Not SP2 yet.... I see the below event log entry numerous times throughout the day on both nodes, therefore, it's not owning-node specific. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9646 Date: 12/19/2005 Time: 10:57:23 AM User: N/A Computer: XCHSRV01 Description: Mapi session "/O=ORG/OU=OFFICE/cn=Recipients/cn=JUser" exceeded the maximum of 32 objects of type "session". When clicking on the link to check MS Tech Support, not all apply. I suspect this has ...

Event ID 509??
Anyone know what this means?? Source: ESE Event Id: 509 Information Store (1234) First Storage Group: A request to read from the file C:\Progfile\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb at offset 3687149568 (0x00000000dbc57000) for 32768 (0x00008000) bytes succeeded, but took an abnormally long time (102 seconds) to be serviced by the OS. In addition, 20 other I/O requests to this file have also taken an abnormally long time to be serviced since the last message regarding this problem was posted 107 seconds ago. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardare vend...

event 9188
my excnhage 2003 enterprise srever oftenly writes event id: 9153 and also event id: 9188. i donno the reason, because i cannot find info in the internet how to resolve to this problems. Please help. System win 2003 enterprise ed server Mail server exchange 2003 enterprise ed Hi Kerberos, Assuming that you are seeing the following error code in the events '0x80072020' it is most likely a problem with the configuration on your Recipient Update Services. You need to confirm that all of the RUS are pointed to valid domain controllers. You should also verify in ADSIEdit tha...

Event Macro :)
Okay I'm way out of my depth here as I have no idea about VBA but seeing as I have started digging I want to know more. I have looked at a few webpage's including http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm The problem I have is this I want to change the colours of cells depending on criteria (this bit I have done) I also want to change Cell A to insert a date and time (NOW) when I input something in cell B ( I have also done this on a test sheet) I cannot get the two to run on the same sheet? What am I doing wrong? Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target ...

Event ID 9126
Hello, I have a problem with an Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2003. It's a single server, domain controller/exchange 2k3 server. It was a fresh install, and not an upgrade. I'm finding the following error in my event log, and cannot seem to resolve it: OALGen encountered error [0x80040402] while calculating this OAL. This OAL will not be available for client download. (\All Contacts) For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.as Any ideas how to resolve? I've tried some of the Q articles, but nothing seems to work? Thanks, Troy ...

Getting Event ID 9152 9188 on Exch 2003 native mode
I'm getting Event ID 9153, 9188 on Exch Server 2003 SP2 native mode with no 5.5 servers on it only one Domain Controller THe exchange server is a member of Exchange Domain Servers which is in the Users box of Active Directory and has never been moved. NO domain controllers have been demoted etc. but I keep getting these errors every twenty minutes or so. I've just about checked all the internet resources, and am now stymied. Does nayone out ther know how I should diagnose this? Since I haven't made an effort to memorize event ID numbers, nor am I sufficiently psychic to div...