Event ID 125 - help!!!!

I have received an Event ID 125 on an Exchange 5.5 server.  Along with this I have an ID Error #193, 1005 7 and 100 amonst others.  Is it possible that during a backup in schedule+ for a client on the client's machine, that the procedure corrupted the EDB.log or any other file?  If so, should I be using Microsoft Base Article #275602 to repair.  At this point, my Echange server is down.  Thanks.

Hello Deb

Based on the limited information; the 275602 XADM: Microsoft Exchange Server
Information Store May Stop After a http://support.microsoft.com/?id=275602
would be a recovery method. Did you already do a restore and this is what
you re left with?

I would ask you to look for more details.  Compartmentalize the Exchange
start up process.

1. Stop all Exchange services
2. Clear and SAVE the Application and System Event logs
3. Start only the System Attendant service- results, look in Event logs
4. Start the Directory service - results, any errors
5. Start the Information store - results errors specific to the starting of
the store either by pop up or Event log.

This usually gets more focused on the exact error when a component starts
rather than all trying to come up together.

Unfortunately I am heading out for the evening, but post the errors in your

Good luck,

--
Ted Cormier
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
confers no rights

Don't miss out on FREE training at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;pwebcst&expand=none

"Deb Jensen" <debra.jensen@mdrsys.com> wrote in message
> I have received an Event ID 125 on an Exchange 5.5 server.  Along with
this I have an ID Error #193, 1005 7 and 100 amonst others.  Is it possible
that during a backup in schedule+ for a client on the client's machine, that
the procedure corrupted the EDB.log or any other file?  If so, should I be
using Microsoft Base Article #275602 to repair.  At this point, my Echange
server is down.  Thanks.

0
tedc (23)
11/10/2003 11:34:57 PM
I have not attempted any type of restore on this server.  Basically, this just started today.  I followed your five instructions and when I got to the attempt to start the IS, I got the an error #4294966781.   I also got an MSExchangeIS #1120 & 5000.  It also says the database is replaying log file and that log file name is "edb075AF.log".

     ----- Ted Cormier [MSFT] wrote: -----

     Hello Deb

     Based on the limited information; the 275602 XADM: Microsoft Exchange Server
     Information Store May Stop After a http://support.microsoft.com/?id=275602
     would be a recovery method. Did you already do a restore and this is what
     you re left with?

     I would ask you to look for more details.  Compartmentalize the Exchange
     start up process.

     1. Stop all Exchange services
     2. Clear and SAVE the Application and System Event logs
     3. Start only the System Attendant service- results, look in Event logs
     4. Start the Directory service - results, any errors
     5. Start the Information store - results errors specific to the starting of
     the store either by pop up or Event log.

     This usually gets more focused on the exact error when a component starts
     rather than all trying to come up together.

     Unfortunately I am heading out for the evening, but post the errors in your

     Good luck,

     --
     Ted Cormier
     Microsoft Exchange Support

     purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and
     confers no rights

     Don't miss out on FREE training at
     http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;pwebcst&expand=none

     "Deb Jensen" <debra.jensen@mdrsys.com> wrote in message
     > I have received an Event ID 125 on an Exchange 5.5 server.  Along with
     this I have an ID Error #193, 1005 7 and 100 amonst others.  Is it possible
     that during a backup in schedule+ for a client on the client's machine, that
     the procedure corrupted the EDB.log or any other file?  If so, should I be
     using Microsoft Base Article #275602 to repair.  At this point, my Echange
     server is down.  Thanks.

Hello Deb

I am checking in on your note after getting settled in today, and saw your
post on what the results were.

Based on those errors I would be suspecting that your Anti Virus may be
involved.
Are you properly configured per the information within;
245822 XGEN: Recommendations for Troubleshooting an Exchange Computer with
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=245822

I have been seeing recently where Anti Virus scanning of transaction logs is
quarantining the edb.log and thus shuts Exchange down, then it will not
restart with similar event to yours.

Look in your saved app logs to about the time of the event and see if you
have any AV events relating to scanning MDBDATA or edb.log

Hopefully in my absence you searched our KB and found;
185577 XADM: Error 1120 and 5000 Occurs When Starting Information Store
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=185577

245058 XADM: Information Store Does Not Start with Service Specific Error
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=245058

Hope this is not too late for you

--

"Debra Jensen" <debra.jensen@mdrsys.com> wrote in message
> I have not attempted any type of restore on this server.  Basically, this
just started today.  I followed your five instructions and when I got to the
attempt to start the IS, I got the an error #4294966781.   I also got an
MSExchangeIS #1120 & 5000.  It also says the database is replaying log file
and that log file name is "edb075AF.log".

>      ----- Ted Cormier [MSFT] wrote: -----
>
>      Hello Deb
>
>      Based on the limited information; the 275602 XADM: Microsoft Exchange
Server
>      Information Store May Stop After a
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=275602
>      would be a recovery method. Did you already do a restore and this is
what
>      you re left with?
>
>      I would ask you to look for more details.  Compartmentalize the
Exchange
>      start up process.
>
>      1. Stop all Exchange services
>      2. Clear and SAVE the Application and System Event logs
>      3. Start only the System Attendant service- results, look in Event
logs
>      4. Start the Directory service - results, any errors
>      5. Start the Information store - results errors specific to the
starting of
>      the store either by pop up or Event log.
>
>      This usually gets more focused on the exact error when a component
starts
>      rather than all trying to come up together.
>
>      Unfortunately I am heading out for the evening, but post the errors
in your

>      Good luck,
>
>      --
>      Ted Cormier
>      Microsoft Exchange Support
>
>      Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup
>      purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and
>      confers no rights
>
>      Don't miss out on FREE training at

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;pwebcst&expand=none

>      "Deb Jensen" <debra.jensen@mdrsys.com> wrote in message
>      > I have received an Event ID 125 on an Exchange 5.5 server.  Along
with
>      this I have an ID Error #193, 1005 7 and 100 amonst others.  Is it
possible
>      that during a backup in schedule+ for a client on the client's
machine, that
>      the procedure corrupted the EDB.log or any other file?  If so, should
I be
>      using Microsoft Base Article #275602 to repair.  At this point, my
Echange
>      server is down.  Thanks.

0
tedc (23)

Is there a way to attach a xslt template to a xsltargumentlist? please help!
in C#, I use the following way to do transform, the I assign my extension object to the xslArg, so in xsl, I can call functions in the extension object. Now, I want functions in the extension object to call template in the xsl, this way I can put some customized code into the template. I think it is reasonable, but I don;t know how to do it, anyone has some idea on this? Thanks. xslt.Transform(xmlDoc, xslArg, textHTML, null); david wrote: > in C#, I use the following way to do transform, the I assign my extension > object to the xslArg, so in xsl, I can call functions in the extens...

sync jobs fail with error ID 104
Hi, every sync job with DPM2010RC fail, if the protected data source is a W2K8R2 x64 fileservice. The only way to create recoverypoints is to start a (long running) consistency check. On the Fileserver there are NFS Services enabled; the DPM and the Fileserver are running a casesensitive kernel. I thing, the problem already existed in DPM 2007 and the problem was fixed; but I can't remember how. Regards! -Raffael- Can you please send the logs present under below directories after a sync job failure to praveend-at-microsoft-dot-com? From DPM Server: %progra...

Passing login user ID as a parameter using HTML
Hi.. My requirement is to display user specific reports on the custom default home page when the user logs into the CRM application I have a Home page where we display the reports in general (for all users) within frames. We call the RDL reports from SQL Reports using the following sample URL code: "http://<server name>/Reportserver?/Salesreport" for displaying the salesreport. Here "Salesreport" is the RDL file which will take User Id as a parameter. Now My requirement is to pass the login User Id as a parameter to the RDL file When executed the followin...

Microsoft Excel Help
Why are they called arguments when creating an Excel function? i need to no for a Excel test! what makes them arguments? Hi if you mean the 'parameteres' of a function how would you call them otherwise :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "martz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0b2601c4d8e5$c05f7bd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Why are they called arguments when creating an Excel > function? i need to no for a Excel test! what makes them > arguments? ...

Need help grouping charts
I have identical charts which occur on multiple sheets. Is there any wa to group them for editing? When I group the sheets themselves, it seems to deactivate the charts I tried doing it with a macro as an alternative and then flipping th sheets one by one and keying the macro, but I get a message box with: "Run-time error 1004", "Unable to get the ChartObjects property of th worksheet class". Does anyone have any ideas -- Izz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Izzy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Help with Now()
Hi, I am creating a spreadsheet and I need to have a cell and that record the date and time each row is entered seperately. The problem I have at the moment is whenever I add a new row of data i updates the previous rows time? does any one have any suggestions on how to stop this happening? thank -- sydoll ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sydolly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2712 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46697 Now() is a volatile function and will change ev...

DB Mail is is not working. Need help please.
I have try stop and start the db mail by executing the SPs below but no luck. Does anyone has seem the error below and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for your advise/help. --steps USE msdb; go EXECute sysmail_stop_sp; go EXECute sysmail_start_sp; go EXECute sysmail_help_queue_sp @queue_type = 'Mail'; go queue_type length state last_empty_rowset_time last_activated_time ---------- ----------- ---------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------- ------------...

Help with Raw Stock Data Collection
Is it possible to have Excel search through 1 minute raw data and be able to determine if the price moves between a certain boundary for a certain time then it will be classified as "Type 1". And if it is increasing for a certain time then it will be "Type 2" and likewise for when it is decreasing. I want Excel to be able to automatically search through the raw data and determine what is the type of state without myself having to manually pinpoint it on the chart then going back and doing a manual search and calculation in Excel. Only issue is that the exact number determi...

Third request for help with Payables Error message!
Ok I have posted this for the third time with no response! I need help to know if there is any kind of issue on the back end of our environment. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated! We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a ...

HELP
I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Catagory I indicated "Taxes : Federal Income Tax". Yet in the Income/Expense report, this payment is not included in my total federal taxes paid for this month. I should note that the check was written from an Investment Account. If I write the check from my checking account, the amount correctly shows up in the Income/Expense report. Any ideas as to why it works differently, depending on which account I pay the tax from? In microsoft.public.money, Tom wrote: >I just wrote a check to the IRS, and in the Expense Cat...

Calendar/Dates Help
Hi All, I have an excel spreadsheet that lists every date in the year, with a particular code in the next cell. IE: Monday 3/01/2005 11M 22M 32M Tuesday 4/01/2005 11T 22T 32T Wednes 5/01/2005 11W 22W 32W Thursday 6/01/2005 11H 22H 32H Friday 7/01/2005 11F 22F 32F Saturday 8/01/2005 11S 22S 32S Sunday 9/01/2005 11N 22N 32N Monday 10/01/2005 11M 21M 33M Tuesday 11/01/2005 11T 21T 33T Wednes 12/01/2005 11W 21W 33W Thursday 13/01/2005 11H 21H 33H Friday 14/01/2005 11F 21F 33F What I need is to be able to search by the code eg "33T" and have all the dates listed for ...

Urgent help with CStringArray
Hello, i need to return a CStringArray from a class method, but CStringArray (and CStringList also) doesn't have a copy constructor! I want avoid memory allocation within the metod because I don't want to force the class user to deallocate pointers... this is the piece of code: const CStringArray MyClass::MyMethod() { CStringArray StrArray; for (...) StrArray.Add("something"); return StrArray; // this will generate a missing copy constructor compile error } Thank you, Gaetano Sferra "Gaetano Sferra" <rebusmail@iol.it> wrote in messag...

vlookup help #3
hello, I cant figure out the proper syntax for the attached workbook. Th first 8 options on worksheet two work perfectly ( ie when checked, the appear on worksheet 3) I dont know how to apply the formula of th first 8 options to the rest of the checkboxes. Can someone please help me figure out how to do this? Thanks i advance. Aladdi Attachment filename: start order2.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=46674 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Right-click on the sheet tab for the Options worksheet. Select View ...

Bill Pay Help
I just signed up for Bill Pay (I have Money 2005), I'm not sure how to coordinate Bill Pay with my Bills list and my checking account register. It makes a separate Bill Pay register, but won't allow me to merge it with my checking account (as Help suggests). Tech support was completely useless, in fact it seems they're in a hurry to get us off the phone. ...

Just Help Me
Hello All . . . Please answer the questionary in the following URI http://nees.awardspace.com/ Thanks a lot . . . :D Post the question here, and we might. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "CorfuVBProgrammer" <merianosnikos@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1167902152.017496.205590@11g2000cwr.googlegroups.com... > Hello All . . . > > Please answer the questionary in the following URI > > http://nees.awardspace.com/ > > Thanks a lot . . . :D > ...

Help revising slow code
I am using the following code to remove all the lines in a worksheet that have a zero value in Column H. Because there are thousands of rows in the worksheet, this loop takes forever! Does anyone have any suggestions for doing this more quickly? Thanks! Sub Delete_Row_w0() Dim Firstrow As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim Lrow As Long Dim CalcMode As Long Dim ViewMode As Long With Application CalcMode = .Calculation .Calculation = xlCalculationManual .ScreenUpdating = False End With With Sheets(1) .Select ...

Need Help
Query: Say i have multiple sheets dated 04/01/10 to 04/30/10, each contain names, say A, B, C, D, etc... but these name does not appear in the same order in each sheet. Now data is in time format in front of A, B, C, D, etc. Eg. in sheet 04/01/10 A1 B1 A 1:00:00 D 1:53:00 C 2:45:00 like this data in other sheet till 04/30/10. Now in a new sheet i want this data to be collated in time format in front of the individual sorted in Alphabetical order. Also it should give me the Sum of the data. Is it possible and how? Thanks in advance for the help!...

corrupted PST file
Hi, I have Outlook 98, running on XP, on a PII 400Mghz Dell desktop. My PST file is about 1.95GB. It has been running extremely slow, and has had to be restarted a bunch of times in the past 2 weeks. Yesterday, it gave an error that the PST file was corrupted, and that PST file need to have the Inbox Repair Tool run on the file, and then the system restarted. I ran the Inbox Repair Tool on the PST, and it did not work. I am totally unable to use the file, which has all my critical contacts and emails. If someone could help out, I would be MOST grateful.... I pulling my friggin ...

Autofilter help
Hi all I have 4 columns of data with an auto filter on - all ok I then reduce my selection so I finally only have one row of data - all ok Not ok: Problem: Is there an easy way that I can copy the data in the top row of the filter, to another worksheet page - so if the filter is changed so top line shows new result - still copies over the data in the top row of the filter. Bearing in mind that the top row could be I.E. Originally Row 8 or 108 depending on the selection. Autofilter Line = 1 2 3 4 eg Result of A/F a a a a <== copy the result of this line to dif...

Help need for .net assembly in Workflow manager
A simple code (given below) creates a task thro' .net assembly . I invoked this code via console application & found that it is running fine. It is creating task in CRM successfully. The problem is : when I included it in Work flow manager, it displays that "task completed" in workflow monitor but it is not creating a task in CRM . using System; using System.IO; using TaskCreation.CRMWeb; namespace TaskCreation { /// <summary> /// Summary description for Class1. /// </summary> public class Class1 { public Class1() { // // TODO: Add construc...

Term ID Error
Ok, for the last week, I have been trying to get my PinPad (Verifone 1000se) to work. I have done all of the test and the issue seems to be when it goes out and gets the authorization, I get the Status as FAILED and Result 3: Term ID Error. I have contacted both Paymentech and Vital and they both tell me that things are correct on their end. Paymentech is the one that sent me the PinPad and was supposed to be injected. What else could be the issue? Bill, What did Vital say when you told them that error message? Sounds like one of the two of you have the wrong Terminal ID #. -- = ...

Active Directory and Exchange System Manager Facility Win32 ID No. c0070002
Hi Folks, Recently I have been encountering a problem with the Active Directory users and the system manager in the exchange server 2003. Upon right clicking on the active directory user I get an error stating "The System cannot find the file specified Facility: Win32 ID No: c0070002 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension." Following this error the active directory mmc crashes. I get a similar error when I double click on the Exchange System Manager. When I check out the Application Log in the system's event viewer after recieving this error, I see the following e...

Help Locking Worksheet
I inherited a workbook that has several sheets, have gone thru and mad changes and now when I lock it I cannot go from the last table cell o the first row to the second row. Tabbing will just continue you out o the same row. I want to be on cell BD3, hit tab and go to C5. Does the fact that I have the to & leftmost cells frozen have anythin to do with this? How can I fix it -- jlabshe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jlabsher's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1556 View this thread: http://www.excelfo...

Help: Seting the value of another cell with a formula
I know that there's a way to make a cell a particular value based on the entries of a range, or array of cells, but is it possible to do the reverse, using only one formula in a cell. Here's what I'm trying to do: What I would like to do is set one of a range of cell to have a value based on the value in A2. Example: Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2007. I want A10 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2008. I want A11 to equal A1, i.e.:2 Cell A1 has a value of 2, A2 has a value of 2009. I want A12 to equal...

Is batch ID is required in payables transaction entry form?
Is batch ID is required in payables transaction entry form? How about if I just have 1 invoice and do not want to create a batch for it? can I still process the invoice? Hi Bab, A batch i.d. number is not required. You have to post your invoice both in the Payables module and also in the Financial module. I check weekly for any "series batches" that have not been posted in my A/P, A/R, P/R, and Financial modules. If they go unposted it can create havoc. I hope this has been helpful to you. -- Diana "Bab" wrote: > Is batch ID is required in payables transa...