Event ID 1022 Exchange 2000

I am getting this event every 15 mins in event viewer:

Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store [SERVER]"
- Windows 2000 account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; mailbox /O=[DOMAIN]
Limited/OU=KEL_DOM/cn=Recipients/cn=SystemMailbox{72983266-F156-43A3-A160-C68BA494CCEB}.
Error: -2147221231

There seem to be a few posts, but none with a solution that works for
me. Microsoft have confirmed it as a problem
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 but say
it is fixed in SP2.

I am running Exchange 2000 SP3 + latest hotfixes 16/8/04 native, 2k
domain with 2003 & 2000 servers - all SP's applied. There are no other
obvious symtoms, except the exchange server seems to be bottlenecking
every now and again and users are getting "connecting to exchange..."
messages.

There are some posts about a disabled account - but I only have 2
disabled accounts within my domain - both are not even worth
mentioning.

Any suggestions - brick wall is beginning to break under the weight of
my head!!!

Many thanks

BB
0
bella1 (2)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q273448 indicates
that you can try to rebuild RUS to solve this.

You may also want to go ahead and remove the Exchange attributes from the
disabled accounts.  If the mailboxes for those accounts contain mail, then
you can use Exmerge to export it, then delete the mailbox.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Bella" <bella@kel.co.uk> wrote in message
>I am getting this event every 15 mins in event viewer:
>
> Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store [SERVER]"
> - Windows 2000 account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; mailbox /O=[DOMAIN]
> Limited/OU=KEL_DOM/cn=Recipients/cn=SystemMailbox{72983266-F156-43A3-A160-C68BA494CCEB}.
> Error: -2147221231
>
> There seem to be a few posts, but none with a solution that works for
> me. Microsoft have confirmed it as a problem
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 but say
> it is fixed in SP2.
>
> I am running Exchange 2000 SP3 + latest hotfixes 16/8/04 native, 2k
> domain with 2003 & 2000 servers - all SP's applied. There are no other
> obvious symtoms, except the exchange server seems to be bottlenecking
> every now and again and users are getting "connecting to exchange..."
> messages.
>
> There are some posts about a disabled account - but I only have 2
> disabled accounts within my domain - both are not even worth
> mentioning.
>
> Any suggestions - brick wall is beginning to break under the weight of
> my head!!!
>
> Many thanks
>
> BB

0
Ben
2/16/2005 3:23:54 PM
I have followed these steps - thanks, and have had no events YET!
however, the 1022's seemed to stop the day after I posted my first
message (typical!) BUT I have since noticed that there were
accompanying warning messages:

Event 9548
Disabled user /O=Organization/OU=DOMAIN/cn=Recipients/cn=SystemMailbox{72983266-F156-43A3-A160-C68BA494CCEB}
does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to
set an active account as this user's master account.

For more information, click

There are no exchange enabled disabled accounts.

I have had no events of 1022 or 9548 since completing your suggestion,
SO here is hoping. Many thanks for your help.

//(*_*)\\

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@NOSPAMdotmessageonedotcom> wrote in message news:<#tnAIuDFFHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q273448 indicates
> that you can try to rebuild RUS to solve this.
>
> You may also want to go ahead and remove the Exchange attributes from the
> disabled accounts.  If the mailboxes for those accounts contain mail, then
> you can use Exmerge to export it, then delete the mailbox.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
>

> "Bella" <bella@kel.co.uk> wrote in message
> >I am getting this event every 15 mins in event viewer:
> >
> > Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store [SERVER]"
> > - Windows 2000 account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; mailbox /O=[DOMAIN]
> > Limited/OU=KEL_DOM/cn=Recipients/cn=SystemMailbox{72983266-F156-43A3-A160-C68BA494CCEB}.
> > Error: -2147221231
> >
> > There seem to be a few posts, but none with a solution that works for
> > me. Microsoft have confirmed it as a problem
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 but say
> > it is fixed in SP2.
> >
> > I am running Exchange 2000 SP3 + latest hotfixes 16/8/04 native, 2k
> > domain with 2003 & 2000 servers - all SP's applied. There are no other
> > obvious symtoms, except the exchange server seems to be bottlenecking
> > every now and again and users are getting "connecting to exchange..."
> > messages.
> >
> > There are some posts about a disabled account - but I only have 2
> > disabled accounts within my domain - both are not even worth
> > mentioning.
> >
> > Any suggestions - brick wall is beginning to break under the weight of
> > my head!!!
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > BB
0
bella1 (2)

Monitoring Exchange 2003 #2
Hello, We are planning to implement MOM 2005. However, we are also concerned about implementing auditing for changes made within ESM. Will there be a tool that will allow management to know a change was completed by a specific UserID? When a mailbox store is dismounted - who dismounted it/date/time? When a change is made to the RUS - who made the change? Thank you, Exchange2003 MOM does not have the ability to monitor this in the shipped Management Pack. You can enable AD auditing on the domain controllers: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314955&sd=tech. ...

need Help for Migration Exchange 5.5
Hello NG, we`ve the following Configuration : - Exchange 5.5 with SP4 - single Winwos 2000 DC - configured both side ADC a new Hardware should be used for an Exchange 2003 and second DC. next steps i would do as following : - Update ADC Version with Exchange 2003 ADC - running Exchange 2003 forestprep, then domainprep, an after all running setup to install Exchange 2003 in the same organization, site - replicate system Folders and public Folders - moving all Mailboxes to the Exchange 2003 Store - configure the Exchange 2003 virtual SMTP Server to send outgoing Mail - reconfigure the F...

Exchange 2003
Hello I have a newly setup production exchange server (sp2). It is only serving a small subset of my organisation, about 15 users, using mydomain1.com. My active directory contains around 100 user accounts that do not have exchange mailboxes and they use our old pop3 based system and have a seperate email domain name, mydomain2.com. It would appear that whenever someone with an exchange mailbox (mydomain1.com) sends mail to people with an email address listed elsewhere in the active directory (mydomain2.com) it gets stuck in the local exchnage delivery queue rather than forwarding i...

Entourage 2004 and Exchange 2003 Cluster
Hello, I have an Active Passive Exchange 2003 SP2 cluster Exch1 and Exch2. When I set it to Exch 1 our one MAC user running Entourage 2004 is unable to connect. Does anyone know what setting to check on the Exchange server? Thanks, DOTT ...

where do office 2000 (including excel of course) service packs go
where do office 2000 (including excel of course) service packs go. I don't know why they don't give you the option of downloading and saving them before installing the various program updates and service packs. This way whenever I do a fresh reformat of my computer, i need to spend hours getting all the updates again off of the internet, where as if I could save thme, I would just have to re-install. Any help would be appreciated Don't know about Office 2000......never used it, but Office Download center offers you the choice of installing or saving to install file to disk....

Reboots when opening Word documents in Outlook 2000
Whenever I try to open a Word document in Outlook 2000, my computer reboots. This just started happening. I have reloaded Office 2000, done virus scans and checked my pc with Spybot. Nothing has been identified. Any ideas? ...

Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2003 and Czech characters
We are using the following configuration: - Windows XP English - Outlook 2003 English + MUI for French, Spanish, Italian, German - Exchange 5.5. We encounter some problem with Czech characters. When contacts are stored in the mailbox in Exchange 5.5, some czech characters are replaced in contact name, company, .... When we stored the same contact in a pst file, evrything works fine. The characters are not replaced. Have somebody an idea or a solution for me? ...

Event ID c0072030 #2
We have an Active Directory Organizational that contain all of our contacts. I have run the delegation of control wizard and given a user full control over the contacts OU. When I log on with that users account and try to update to add an SMTP address to a contact I receive the following error: There is no such object on the server Facility:Win32 ...

Outlook Opens looking for Exchange Server
A computer club member wishes to used Outlook so that she can sync with her Palm. Environment: Windows XP Pro SP2, IE 7, Windows Genuine Advantage installed. Symptom One: When Outlook is opened, the program is looking for Exchange Server. She is using a laptop with no exchange server available. Symptom Two: When performing Office Update, three items did not install all with error code 0x8024402C: 1. Update for Outlook Junk Mail (KB943591) 2. Office 2003 update SP3 3. Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906) I suspicion that Office 2003 is a 60 day trial that has never been activated. Are ...

Migrating from Exch 2000 to 2003
We're in the middle of migrating thousands of users from Exchange 2000 to 2003. Our 2000 users are experiencing a problem where anytime they are sent an e-mail from a 2003 user, they receive the e-mail as an attachment rather than a regular readable e-mail. They have to open the attachment to read it. We also are going through a Trend Viruswall server for virus cleaning, and have a Netscape mail server in the mix as well. Has anyone seen this? ...

Exchange 2003 or Outlook 2003 error
This is only happening with one of our users, and I am trying to figure out if it is with there Outlook 2003 Client or if it is with our Exchange 2003 server. I have read other posts about this however I could not tell if the error was with one or all of the clients. Also they seemed to indicate it was for outside there domain, ours is happening for both outside and inside when a mail is sent to a user on the same server and domain. They have not received the error (to my knowledge) from OWA. Error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject...

Excel Events Conflict with VB and C# AddIns
Hi, I have two com addins running in Excel. One is written in VB and the other in C#. Both addins are interested in the Workbookopen event. When the event is triggered the c# code captures the event but the VB code does not. If i disable the c# addin then the vb code works. Looks like the c# addin is somehow blocking the vb events. Anyone know how to fix this? Many thanks, Andy There is only one WorkbookOpen event, so once one add-in hooks it, there is nothing for the other one to hook. If you are hooking the WorkbookOpen event in your add-ins, this is likely your problem. You may need...

Canceling an OnClick Event
Hi all, Is it possible for a BeforeUpdate event of one control to cancel the OnClick event of another? Details: I have an unbound form that allows for editing and creating sites. txtSiteNo has a BeforeUpdate event that checks if the site already exists, and if it does, asks if you want to edit it. If so, the rest of the unbound text boxes update to what's already in the database. ctlAddSite has an OnClick Event which adds/edits the table info to the values of the rest of the unbound text boxes. Everything works fine, except that if someone enters an existing site int...

Exchange VSS Writer Error
Hi, Our Exchange Server ( running on Win2003, Exch2003-SP1 ) is having backup issues since the active backup job was interrupted by a network failure. Network switch's power was interrupted during an active backup job. After the incident, I am having error when I try to start the exchange backup. I am using Veritas Backup veritas 10 to do the backup job. I have tried to use the windows native backup but is facing the similar problem also. The following is the event details when i try to activate a backup job Event Type: Information Event Source: NTBackup Event Category: None ...

MS Exchange Server
I do not have Outlook installed on my home computer, which has WinXP installed, but I do at work so I am somewhat familiar with it. Recently whenever I try to click on a "Contact Us" link in a web page, a window opens for MS Exchange Server. I am pretty sure that has something to do with Outlook, but I do not think it has anything to do with Outlook Express. Why has this started happening and how do I remove it. I cannot use the "contact us" function on Any webpage. Thanks mmobilman In IE go to Tools - Internet Options - Program Tab and make sure your desired email p...

Exchange Password Issue
I will explain this problem as best I can. I have a Windows based network, with a windows server 2003 domain controller and an exchange server 2003, which is also a back up domain controller. Every 30 days users are required to change their windows logon password, this is set up through group policy. When users change their Windows logon passwords it does not replicate to the exchange server, so when they try to open their email it prompts them for a password, then when they enter their new password it does not work and they end up getting locked out of their accounts. Then what I do is...

How do I get upgarde for publisher 98 to 2000 ?
I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do then . aknz2004 wrote: >I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in > office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now > microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do > then . ======================================= If you want Publisher 2000, you'll have to purchase a copy of the program. You cannot upgrade Pub98 to Pub2000...they are two separate programs. -- John Inzer return e-mail...

money 2000 online bill payment
does anyone know how i can activate the online bill payment option for money 2000? It says that fifth third bank does not support online bill payment but it does. it probably didn't however at the time 2000 was rolled out. any suggestions? You could try updating or disable and re-enable online services in case Money is using an old version of the fipartnr.ini file that for some reason isn't getting updated. I'd also recommend calling the bank to ensure that you should be able to enable online bill pay in Money 2000. "scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

IMS que is filling with tons of e-mail in Exchange 5.5
Hi When ever I tried to select the Hosts and Clients that successfully authenticate option in routing restrictions. I see tons of mail que in IMS. Actually I tried to check for 2010 event and I see some junk user account which says "\temp" which is not at all in my domain or in local users. Can anyone tell is it some virus or some one is creating the account test remotely to spam. Please advis ...

different budget ID for single account
when calculating the budget for an expense account lets say 111-222-333, is there any way to tell which budget id to use or if both buget id are using for calculating the budget amount. the expense account exists in both budget id. ...

Outlook 2000 C++ Error
When I first open Outlook I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error Program: c:\\progra~1\micros~2\office\outlook.exe This ap[plication has requested the Runtime to be terminated in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. When I click OK I get about 12 more different errors, and then Outlook closes. I can then open it and it works. CAN ANYONE DECHIPER THIS? I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Office, updating all patches and SPs, Erase2000 won't open with XP (Home)....I am at a lose. ...

Exchange E-mail Redirect ... Without Attachments
For about a dozen Exchange users who want to receive copies of their e-mails on Pocket PC smartphones, I am trying to find a way to re-direct e-mail to another e-mail address... These users are engineers and they may receive 20 MB (or larger) AutoCAD files attached to an e-mail! So, in order to reduce air-time costs, prior to re-directing the e-mails, we want to strip off attachments that may have been sent by the original sender as they can handle those when they are back in the office. Is there some way to do this in Exchange Server? If not, are there any external utilities that c...

outlook (2000, XP or 2003) uses all memory on PC
Hi everyone After an Windows update for 2 weeks ago, my clients outlook2000 stated to behave stange. actually it haven't been able to start up since. (windowsXP) Outlook uses all memory 384mb ( plus virtual memory approx 1,5 GIGA), until all resources are gone i have tried to reinstall outlook/office 2000, upgradet to office XP, upgraded to outlook 2003 deleted pst files, profiles, manual clean up in regedit for outlook profiles, setting up new profiles but nothing works. i can start outlook up in safe mode, and then outlook works, but that is not a stable solution (outlook express wo...

upgrading outlook 2000 to outlook 2003
After Updating to Outlook 2003 I am not able to set Rules and alerts. Rules are giving error. Kindly mail and help in this matter as soon as possible. On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 21:56:29 -0800, Souvik <Souvik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After Updating to Outlook 2003 I am not able to set Rules and alerts. Rules >are giving error. Kindly mail and help in this matter as soon as possible. What errors? -- Dave Mills There are 10 type of people, those that understand binary and those that don't. Souvik <Souvik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After Updating to Out...

Converting Publisher 2000 files to 97
Hi. I need to be able to convert several (hundred?) Publisher 2000 files to 97 so I can import them into PageMaker. Is there a tool that I can use to do this? ingenious. Nothing I've heard of. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ingenious" <chaysster@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1111272605.734517.206710@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > > I need to be able to convert several (hundred?) Publisher 2000 files to > 97 so I can import them into PageMaker. Is there a tool that I can use > to do this? > > ingenious. > Nothin...