event 1018

When my online back up runs it fails and I get several event 1018 errors
that says I need to restore the information store.  The drive it is store on
says it has a bad block but when I reactivate the drive and try to run the
backup again, the backup fails.  What is the best way to approach this?
Should I try to run a diag on the drive first or should I try to run the
diag utilities on the information store?

Thanks,
Ben

0
benntn (21)

The best way is to restore, provided that your good backup was not overwritten
by failed ones AND Circullar Logging is disabled.
Second best is to introduce second server in site, move data there, _properly_
delete databases, move data back.
If that is not possible you can exmerge data to .pst, properly delete databases,
exmerge data back.
Last option is hard repair with ESEUTIL.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314917
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;151789

--
Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain.
http://spf.pobox.com

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
6/23/2004 2:25:07 PM
What about installing a new hard drive and then running the performance
optimizer to move the information store to the new drive?  The drive is
failing so I will need to replace it anyways, right?  So after the new drive
in installed and the store is move, will the database still need to be
repaired or restored?

Thanks for your time,
Ben

"Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in message
> The best way is to restore, provided that your good backup was not
overwritten
> by failed ones AND Circullar Logging is disabled.
> Second best is to introduce second server in site, move data there,
_properly_
> delete databases, move data back.
> If that is not possible you can exmerge data to .pst, properly delete
databases,
> exmerge data back.
> Last option is hard repair with ESEUTIL.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314917
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;151789
>
> benntn wrote:
>
> > When my online back up runs it fails and I get several event 1018 errors
> > that says I need to restore the information store.  The drive it is
store on
> > says it has a bad block but when I reactivate the drive and try to run
the
> > backup again, the backup fails.  What is the best way to approach this?
> > Should I try to run a diag on the drive first or should I try to run the
> > diag utilities on the information store?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ben
>
> --
> Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain.
> http://spf.pobox.com

0
benntn (21)
6/23/2004 2:42:30 PM
There is (are) a damaged page(s) in database, so moving the file will not fix
the damage.

--
Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain.
http://spf.pobox.com

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

Event 4051
We are still running Exchange 5.5 SP4 (part of SBS 4.5) with Trendmicro's ScanMail 3.52 and lately we have been getting a lot of: MSExchangeIMC, SMTP Interface Events, Event 4051 issues: "A timeout occurred while trying to receive mail from <Server> and while waiting for the message body." We are still getting other email through, and are able to send out. But certain customers cannot reply successfully to our email, nor send an email to us. Microsoft's Article ID 152944 (formerly Q152944) is not very helpful. I'm already at Service Pack 4 and I certainly cannot re...

Workbook Open Event
Hi, Upon opening a workbook i want to do a check to see whether the date i cell A1 in Sheet1 is equal to today. If it isn't equal then display a msg box saying that the "index price are out of date please update". Thanks in advance. Simo -- sgrec ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sgrech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1450 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26250 hi, add this to the workbook open event sub chkdate() Dim dat1 As Date dat1 = Cells(1, 1) If dat...

Recurring events #2
I want to put my shift pattern on the Calendar, but it repeats on a five week pattern. Is there anyway I can do this on Outlook? Thanks Ryan ...

Type the following code in the event between the...
In this page http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306148/en-us where it says, "Type the following code in the event..." does anyone know what Microsoft means to put in to finish the sentence? The fragment is just above the code which starts out "Trap the ENTER key." Thanks. -- George Hester _________________________________ That would be between this: Private Sub ControlNameHere_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer) And this: End Sub -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com If my post was helpfu...

All-day events missing from calendar
We are using public folders in Exchange 5.5 and have a few of them that are calendars in which a large group of people are entering all-day events. With the Outlook 2000 client, and even with an Outlook 2003 client we notice that some of the events are missing. If we add an item it just disappears. It's as though there is a limit to the number of events that the calendar will display but yet does not give an option such as a scroll to see the missing events. We've been doing some testing with Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 and the 2003 OWA thinking that perhaps the limitation was wit...

event id 9175 #2
Hi, I receive Event ID 9175 when i click Client Permissions button from the Permissions tab of a Public Folder. What could be an issue here? I have already tried all the articles on the web including setting up HomeMDB attribute for System Attendant service using ADSIEDIT. Any help appreciated... thanks, Please use that handy little copy button on the event detail dialog and paste it into your post so we know what you're talking about. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Jack Dorson" <JackDorson@discussions.micr...

wsus event id 421
i found the error in windows server update services Event ID : 421 Source : Windows Server Update Services Type : Error Description: Connection to database failed. Reason=<error message>. Connection string: Data Source=APPLICATION\WSUS;Initial Catalog=SUSDB;Connection Timeout=60;Application Name=WSUS SQL Connection;Trusted_Connection=Yes;Pooling='true'; Max Pool Size = 100. now what i have to do to solve this problem Perhaps tяy the WSUS Newsgroup <http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverwsus/threads> O...

Missing Events in Properties Window C++ MFC
I'm trying to create a win app using Visual Studio 2005 but when I set up an MFC project and drop objects on a form, I cannot see any events in the property window. Any ideas why? Am I expecting too much? ...

On Open Event 03-18-08
I have a form called frmChangeControl. In this form is a series of tabs with different subforms. One subform is called sfrm_rom. In this subform there are multiple text boxes. The first one is called cc_number. This is what links frmChangeControl and sfrm_rom. The second one is rom_number. This is an autonumber that is created once data is entered in any of the other textboxes on sfrm_rom. I need this autonumber to calculate as soon as frmChangeControl is opened. Can someone help me with an On Open Event or any other suggestions? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.a...

MSexchangeES
I receive the error below on my exchange server. there isnt' a documentation of it. HELP ME! thanks Tipo evento: Errore Origine evento: MSExchangeES Categoria evento: Generale ID evento: 5 Data: 26/05/2004 Ora: 9.31.21 Utente: N/D Computer: CED2 Descrizione: Errore MAPI imprevisto. Errore restituito: [0x80004005]. Per ulteriori informazioni, consultare la Guida in linea e supporto tecnico all'indirizzo http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=192174 might be helpful. "caterina bretti" <bretti@gruppolabel.it> wrote in mes...

OWA ASP causes event id: 5
Recently I have started getting ASP event id: 5 errors in event viewer. They are being caused by clients using OWA. OWA has also crashed inetinfo.exe a few times. An example of the description is: Error: File/exchange/USA/inbox/messages.asp Unexpected error I am running NT 4.0 w/SP6A, Exhange 5.5 w/SP4, and Zone Alarm Firewall 2.6.362. The only way I have been able to get OWA running again is to reboot the server. I have tried restarting services, but with no luck. I have also tried reinstalling SP4, but that didn't work either. Any ideas? ...

Right-click event for command button?
I wonder if it is possible and if it is how it is done to trigger a right-click event performed on a command button in Visual C++ 6? The ClassWizard only gives two options: BN_CLICKED and BN_DOUBLECLICKED. /Joachim Subclass the button and add corresponding Message Map item.试试 Thanks could you though be a little bit more specific? How do I do Message Map? I don't think I have done that before Regards Joachim ...

Can we show a custom field on the Event page?
I have a shared calendar to reserve conference rooms. We use the Subject field to show the group/topic that is using the room and the Location field to show which room is reserved for the meeting. But I'm finding that sometimes we need to know who reserved the room. Is there a way to add a field to the Event page under Subject and Location? I know I can add a field to the table/All Events view but I'll never get my users to use that. I'd like to have a field right on the Event page that will be hard for them to ignore. Thanks, Randy -- Smooth seas never made...

Control array events and Karl's ObjArrayDemo
given a control array added via Load ctl(index+1) events don't work saw Karl's ObjArrays demo having trouble figuring how to convert the demo to my situation...braindead! I have a form with a "group of controls" that I call a ViewGroup each ViewGroup consists of one each ( lable,combo,listview) form at design time has one group with index 0 mlViewCount is howmany of these groups of 3 controls exist on form (at form load = 1) at runtime in a button click event i load new group (of 3 ctls) Private Sub AddViewGroup() 'first time this will = 1 (index 0) ...

Exception when reading MDB event history while calling OWA
I just installed an Exchange 2007 into a Win 2003 Server R2 X64 environment. Before we had an Exchange 2003 - everything was running fine. First we transferred the mailboxes to the 2007 an removed the 2003 from the exchnage topology. Now the 2007 is the only exchange in the network - all function within the domain are running fine, nor strange messages in the Event manager. We activated the OWA, installed an internal certificate and configuered the SSL login / communication. Everything seems to be well. Now after the successful login by HTTPS we get the following error message: Re...

Event Button
Hello All, I have a button I need to use in a form to run the following Append Queries Aerial Lift Append, CPR Append, Defensive Driving Append, Flagging Append, Forklift Append, Ladder Handling Append, and Pole Climbing Append I am using this for the Aerial Lift Append but want to be able to add the others at the same time. Private Sub Command13_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command13_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "Aerial Lift Append" DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEdit Exit_Command13_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command13_Click: MsgBox Err.Descrip...

SheetActivate event not triggered by PF5 (goto) range on different sheets.
Hi, I just noticed that the SheetActivate event is not triggered by PF goto ranges on different sheets. The same happens if the sheet i changed by selecting a named range in the drop-down list of the "Nam Box". I'm using Excel 2000 on top of XP. Is this a known issue, any workarounds, etc? thanks, Scot -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Server ActiveSync Event ID: 3007
Hi, Yesterday after 5:00 pm the mobile devices are not syncing anymore. When we look at the device we get an 0x85030022. When we look at the Front End Exchange 2003 server SP2 we see: Event Type: Warning Event Source: Server ActiveSync Event Category: None Event ID: 3007 Date: 19-5-2006 Time: 15:04:20 User: .....\...... Computer: TITOX46 Description: Exchange mailbox Server response timeout: Server: [.......] User: [.......]. Exchange ActiveSync Server failed to communicate with the Exchange mailbox server in a timely manner. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctl...

Event 8213 error logged
I have a bunch of 8213 errors being logged all of a sudden about every 20 to 30 minutes to my app log: Source: MSExchangeFBPublish System Attendant Service failed to create session for virtual machine <MY SERVER>. The error number is 0xc007052e. When I click on the link in the event viewer it brings me to a help file that the solution reads: The System Attendant service failed to create a session for the virtual machine specified in the Event Log. This usually occurs when the Exchange Service Account credentials have been changed or corrupted. User Action: Retyping the Exchange...

Event ID 10009 #2
I found there are several errors on my Exchange 2003 mail server. Any one can help me to figure it out? Thanks in advance! Event Type: Error Event Source: DCOM Event Category: None Event ID: 10009 Date: 4/5/2007 Time: 11:55:04 AM User: N/A Computer: Mail Server 1 Description: DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer mail.XXX.com using any of the configured protocols. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. ...

OnClick Event name for Web page
I am trying to figure out the OnXXXX convention for an event. It doesn't seem to be needed in an Windows Form page. But it seems to be needed on a web page. If I set up a User Control as so: ****************************************************** using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Linq; using System.Web; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; namespace WebApplication2 { public delegate void OwnerChangedEventHandler(string newOwner); public partial class WebUserControl1 : System.Web.UI.UserControl { pu...

Exchange Stops. Event ID 1000, 1005, 9175, 7010, 9175, 8197,9175,
These are the EID in order of occurance. This happened after the online defrag. The 9175 error is all over the logs. Thanks ps - hotfix 831464, SP1, kb 883542 ...

Outlook 2003 Event ID 19
I am experiencing some significant difficultiew with Outlook 2003 running against Exchange 5.5. Periodically (at least 5 times per day) I will have my AD account "locked out" after I receive a series of "Rpc call (EcDoRpc) to server (MYSERVER) failed with error code (5) after waiting (1031) ms; eeInfo (none)." My PC is NOT part of the domain and I access exchange via the domain\username method on outlook. Any help tracking down this would be greatly appreciated as it is driving my SysAdmins NUTS constantly unlocking my AD account. ...

event 7024 on exch 5.5
Anyone knows why Istore gives me a 7024 event and does not start? Thanks in advance G. ...

Event 1025 Error 1102 MsExchangeIS Mailbox
Can anyone shed some light on the problem below? I see there was a similar problem (and post-service pack fix) for Exchange 2000 (http://support.microsoft.com/? id=327997), but I haven't found anything for Exchange 2003. Thanks!!! Source: MsExchangeIS Mailbox Category: General Type: Warning Event ID: 1025 Description: An error occured on database "<Storage Group\Mail Store>". Function name or description of problem: Restrict/SetSearchCriteria Error -1102 - Warning: Fail to apply search optimization to folder (FID-xxxx). Retrying without optimization. Any...