ESM report wrong (4GB) mailbox size than actual (100MB)

We have an user keep on receiving the over disk quota warning messages from
system administrator but it is verified from the outlook client and the
actual email size is only sumed up to about 100MB, which is also verified by
extracting the emails to .pst file through the exmerge utility.

We have the Exchange backend running the Exchange 2003 SP2. Did anyone have
any hint ?

0
Desmond (13)

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 01:25:02 -0700, Desmond
<Desmond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have an user keep on receiving the over disk quota warning messages from
>system administrator but it is verified from the outlook client and the
>actual email size is only sumed up to about 100MB, which is also verified by
>extracting the emails to .pst file through the exmerge utility.
>
>We have the Exchange backend running the Exchange 2003 SP2. Did anyone have
>any hint ?

Using cache mode in OUtlook? Try swtching to online.
0
adavid (8731)
6/9/2006 1:17:45 PM
The user is already using online mode. Any further hints ?

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 01:25:02 -0700, Desmond
> <Desmond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >We have an user keep on receiving the over disk quota warning messages from
> >system administrator but it is verified from the outlook client and the
> >actual email size is only sumed up to about 100MB, which is also verified by
> >extracting the emails to .pst file through the exmerge utility.
> >
> >We have the Exchange backend running the Exchange 2003 SP2. Did anyone have
> >any hint ?
>

> Using cache mode in OUtlook? Try swtching to online.

0
Desmond (13)
6/23/2006 4:25:01 AM
On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:25:01 -0700, Desmond
<Desmond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The user is already using online mode. Any further hints ?

Where are the send limits set? At the store level, policy of for the
ind. account?
If you look in ESM under mailboxes and add the Storage Limits column,
does it say its over limit?

>"Andy David - MVP" wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 01:25:02 -0700, Desmond
>> <Desmond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >We have an user keep on receiving the over disk quota warning messages from
>> >system administrator but it is verified from the outlook client and the
>> >actual email size is only sumed up to about 100MB, which is also verified by
>> >extracting the emails to .pst file through the exmerge utility.
>> >
>> >We have the Exchange backend running the Exchange 2003 SP2. Did anyone have
>> >any hint ?
>>

>> Using cache mode in OUtlook? Try swtching to online.

0
adavid (8731)

Exchange 2000 + Mailbox Limits
Hi, Currently if a user exceeds their mailbox limit an email is sent to the administrator mailbox. Is it possible to add a second email address so that I also get an alert? thanks, Pritesh No choice in the UI to do so, may be able to write an event sink perhaps. Easier to simply write a script to query the store for mailbox sizes and flag mailboxes exceeding the limit. (In fact some maybe avail online... search... ) -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Pritesh Lad XP SP2 + Telnet" <PriteshLadXPSP2Telnet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Custom Item list report
I used to have an custom item list report that I used with our scanpal scanners for inventory, my computer crashed and when we reinstalled the RMS software I most have lost that report. Does anyone have this report available? or can someone tell me how to get it? Help!!! Thanks! ...

Reports - front and back
I have received a new report request - and I'm stumped (again).The front page contains page header, detail section of text fields that can grow, page footer.The back page contains page header, detail section of boilerplate text, page footer.The page headers and footers are different on the front and back, but I have the code - thanks to this forums participants - that handles it.The dimensions I'm using are: top and bottom margin = .5 inch; page header = .5 inch; page footer = 2 inches. That should leave me 7.5 inches in the detail section - which I've doubled to handle the front...

1 Mailbox for 2 E-mail addresses?
We have a user who is taking extended leave (1 year) and we would like to have all of his e-mail automatically sent to another user's mailbox without the forwarding. Is it possible to set it up so that this other user can just go to her e-mail and get his e-mail sent directly to her mailbox without the mail having been forwarded from his mailbox? why don't you want the mail to be forwarded? other option is to move the email address from the user who's going on leave to the person who's going to manage the email... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "David Rosen" <Dav...

Invoices Applied to Cash Receipts Report
Is there a report in GP 9.0 that shows the invoices that were applied to a cash receipt? I can find this information in the Receivables Transaction Inquiry by Customer, but I cannot print it out. I have a client that needs to print this information out and give it to their customer. On Jun 8, 4:38 pm, Jocelyn <Joce...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a report in GP 9.0 that shows the invoices that were applied to a > cash receipt? I can find this information in the Receivables Transaction > Inquiry by Customer, but I cannot print it out. I have a client tha...

Crystal Reports in VB.NET Express Edition
Hello, I have a quick question. I am currently using VB.NET Express. I need to use Crystal Reports (Crystal Report Viewer, etc.) in the application I am working on. The only issue - since I am using Express Edition, I am assuming that Crystal Reports is not included. So my question - can I purchase it? Or, do I need to acquire a retail box of Visual Studio. If so, which versions has it? Thank you PM "PM" <PM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAD26F5B-68BD-485F-84C0-B0443F91F19A@microsoft.com... > Hello, I have a quick question. &g...

charts from Data just in two different reports
Basic charting seems to require the information to be in a table. I however have the information only in a report. The two in question are COUNT(*) and the other is week number where the control source =Format$([Dated],"ww",0,0) Could anyone give me a pointer how to graph these please and as I have two similar such reports is it further possible to graph both together on a single chart Many thanks Richard Reports only display values/data that exists or is derived from tables and queries. You should be able to create some type of query or temporary table or whatever...

Size of workbook
My workbook is indicating that its size is 7 Mb and I do not know why. As far as I can make out it should be less than 1Mb Hi Try resetting the used range. Have a look here for info: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Andy. "Anthony Byrne" <AnthonyByrne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0EA31D2-9A5E-48E0-AFF6-FD2F5C5D3137@microsoft.com... > My workbook is indicating that its size is 7 Mb and I do not know why. As far > as I can make out it should be less than 1Mb ...

Printing reports with no data
Actually the title of this question is a little misleading, sorry. This should be fairly simple. I run 5 different reports for 2 different shifts based on certain product catagories that were produced the previous day. Sometimes there is data for those reports and sometimes not. Instead of the report opening in preview, I would rather just have a MsgBox pop up that says there's nothing to report. Other than date and shift information, I'm pulling up the product SKU, description of the product, start and end time, qty and so on. please help! Thanks Bill R. -- John 3:16 "Fo...

An Exchange 5.5 Mailbox won't disappear when servers sync
We have 2 Exch 5.5 servers, one in UK and one in Kenya - they are happily synching address lists (we have tested this over the past 24 hours) A few days ago one of our mailboxes here had to be moved to the Kenya server (this is a common thing that we have to do when staff from UK go to work in Africa - due to bandwidth etc!!!) and I deleted the mailbox here. After several syncs the Kenya server still "sees" the mailbox and so the mailbox cannot be added locally. We have tried rebooting, requesting full directory syncs, but nothing seems to shift it. We've created and deleted ma...

Oversized reports in Advanced financials
Hi, I have customized a report to show 12 months of operations on B. Sheet and P&L in advanced financials. However, I cannot control the printing so that it prints on land scape with legal size paper. Anyone had any success in this situation before? Please advise -- Manager Why aren't you using FRx to generate the report? "pancho" wrote: > Hi, > > I have customized a report to show 12 months of operations on B. Sheet and > P&L in advanced financials. However, I cannot control the printing so that it > prints on land scape with legal size paper. ...

Replace Option Group Value from form with text in report header
Hi all, Question: How can I convert the numerical option group value from a form to a string value and place it in the control source of a textbox in a report header? I have a form used to 'build' reports: users choose a query, a report, and then the rest of the controls on the form are used to build a 'where' clause for the DoCmd.OpenReports statement attached to a command button which opens the report based on all the user's choices. I've tried creating a variable on the report in the declarations area and then using a select case statement in the 'open&...

Excel sheet size
Is it possible to increase the maximum number of rows beyond ~65536? Sorry, no. -- Andy. "Z" <Z@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A494BD24-2A2D-48C8-A5CB-614BAEF2621E@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to increase the maximum number of rows beyond ~65536? No but there are ways to work around it "Z" <Z@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A494BD24-2A2D-48C8-A5CB-614BAEF2621E@microsoft.com... : Is it possible to increase the maximum number of rows beyond ~65536? ...

copy and paste excel charts as same size
I have a workbook that I need to make many charts in. And most of these charts are the same from page to page, just with data from a different sheet &/or series. I want to copy and paste one chart several times and then update the data series. However, when I paste, the chart always comes out about 75% of the size of the original. How can I copy and paste and keep the sizing in tact? I'm using Excel 2002 SP3. Thanks, Laurie A couple ways worked for me. You didn't specify that you were pasting copies of the chart onto the same worksheet and then scrolling down or over... The t...

size of database
What is the max size for an Access database before it starts bogging down? Is this a rhetorical question? A homework assignment? What is the database design (?split?)? Over what kind of network? Network speed/NIC speed/setting? On what type of PCs, with how much RAM? Which version of Access? Using what table structure? With how many records? With what indexing? "...bogging down" during what kind of operations? ?Data entry? ?Reports? ?Queries? ?Forms opening? One man's meat is another's poison ... what would "bogging down" mean to you? Specific de...

Font size in data validation drop down lists
I am using data validation lists to control user inputs to a spread sheet. How do I change the font size inside the drop down list? I have tried changing the font size on the sheet itself & changing the font size on the list page. I can't seem to find a property setting for this font size. The only way to make it appear larger is to zoom in on the page. In a data validation dropdown list, you can't change the font size. There are a couple of programming workarounds here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Font Ryan wrote: > I am using data validation lis...

Test Backup of Mailbox Store
I have recently implemented Exchange 2003 Server on Microsoft Windows Server 2003. Am running BackupExec v. 10.1. I only have a few users currently switched over to our Exchange Server, and want to just test the backup before moving the whole organization over to our Exchange Server. I have created a Recovery Storage Group in Exchange System Manager and restored the Mailbox Store to this location. I was told to run ESEUTIL /g to verify the integrity of the store. If the integrity of the store was good this would give me confidence the backup is working. The problem I am running into is I...

Outlook Mailboxes Slow on Exchange 2003 Server
We have recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 server on a Cluster environment, running Windows 2003 Cluster Servers. We did have Exchange 2000 working fine, just wanted some of the new features of Exchange 2003. Once we did the upgrades with no real problems. We have started to notice that various mailboxes will run slow periodically. It is moving throughout the server and it isn't always the same mailboxes. They run extremely slow. We have run a defrag on the Information Store and run the nightly routines before our backups. The Backups do not appear to be running during the sl...

Missing System Attendant mailbox
The first mailbox store became corrupted and cannot bring it back with edbutil /r although at the end it claimed to be fixed. Problem is, that the default system attendant mailbox was residing on this mailstore. Now, when I am trying to move mailboxes to the new mailbox store, it can not do it because of the missing SA mailbox. Creating new accounts to this new mailbox store is working well. How could I create an SA account on this new mailbox store, so I could move mailboxes from other mailbox stores? Thanks Have you restarted the SA sevice to recreate the SA mailbox on the new store? On...

Mailbox in a different AD forest
Hi all We've just created a second Active Directory forest "domain3" (win2k3) on our network and setup a 2-way trust with our exisiting domain "domain2.domain1" which contains an Exchange 2003 server. Can I setup mailboxes for the domain3 users in the domain2.domain1 Exchange server? Ideally I do not want to create disabled accounts in domain2.domain1and then associate their mailboxes with accounts in domain3, or deploy an Exchange server in domain3. I just want to host the domain3/user mailbox on the domain2.domain1 Exch2k3 server. So far I haven't read an...

Can't Mount Mailbox Stores
Getting an Error when I Try to mount the Mailbox Stores. Event Type: Error Event Source: ESE Event Category: Logging/Recovery Event ID: 517 Date: 4/19/2007 Time: 11:25:50 AM User: N/A Computer: {Computer Name} Description: Information Store (3256) #####: Database recovery failed with error -551 because it encountered references to a database, 'Mailbox Store Path, which does not match the current set of logs. The database engine will not permit recovery to complete for this instance until the mismatching database is re-instated. If the database is truly no longer available or no lo...

Calendar Report in CRM
I'm trying to write a report in CRM that will display data in a calendar format. I've been banging my head on this for weeks and I haven't turned up anything online. I have some dates with titles attached I just want a calendar to display those titles on those date. I wouldn't think it would be that hard but it is. Help! ...

Moving Mailboxes with MoveMailboxADSI_CDOEXM.vbs
All, I am in the process of developing a mailbox move procedure for a client utilizing the MoveMailboxADSI_CDOEXM.vbs script which comes with teh E2K3 SDK. I have been successful in using the script to migrate mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 servers to Exchange 2003 servers that are in the same site. However, the script does not seem to work when doing a cross-site migration eventhough I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 on my Exchange 2003 boxes. The cross-site migrations are successful using the GUI Wizard but not with the script. Has anyone else out there run into this situation? Are cro...

How do I show hyperlinked images opened in a report
I am a newbie to access and I was wondering how I can show hyperlinked images opened in a report. I have viewed other threads and it seems possible, but I can not figure it out. I currently have a table with over 2000 records and up to 6 hyperlinked images to each record along with other data. The reports will be based off querries for a few records at a time. Please help! I really need help with this one. This is what I've done: Added an Image control to the report. After I added and saved the image control, I've deleted it's picture property. I Coded the Detail Section F...

How big a record size is too big from a performance standpoint?
Hi, I'm pretty new to Access and I would like to know from a performance standpoing if there is a record / row size that is too big for an Access database. My record size will be about 4k to 6k and I will have a max of 10,000 record. They will be multiple users (1 to 4) accessing the database. I think Access 2003 and above will handle this, but I wanted to make sure before I got to far into the project. Thanks, ----- Dennis -- Dennis Dennis Use Access HELP and check "specifications". I believe you'll find that the max record length ...