ESM Locally

Is there any way of installing ESM locally?  I use ADUC etc locally, and
wondered if this tool can be installed locally and then pointed to a server.
If it is possible, were would I find it?  Thanks!

-------
Tech Admin
West Midlands, England
Stressed and Tired!
--------
0
ChrisHagon (16)

Hi
The ESM tool can be installed locally.

http://www.petri.co.il/administer_exchange_2003_from_windows_xp_2000_2003.htm
The tool it self needs to be installed directly from the Exchange Server CD.

--
Best Regards
Jan Englund

"Chris Hagon" <ChrisHagon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way of installing ESM locally?  I use ADUC etc locally, and
> wondered if this tool can be installed locally and then pointed to a
> server.
> If it is possible, were would I find it?  Thanks!
>
> -------
> Tech Admin
> West Midlands, England
> Stressed and Tired!
> --------

Thanks Jan, you've made my life easier!

"Jan Englund" wrote:

> Hi
> The ESM tool can be installed locally.
>
> http://www.petri.co.il/administer_exchange_2003_from_windows_xp_2000_2003.htm
> The tool it self needs to be installed directly from the Exchange Server CD.
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Jan Englund
>
> "Chris Hagon" <ChrisHagon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there any way of installing ESM locally?  I use ADUC etc locally, and
> > wondered if this tool can be installed locally and then pointed to a
> > server.
> > If it is possible, were would I find it?  Thanks!
> >
> > -------
> > Tech Admin
> > West Midlands, England
> > Stressed and Tired!
> > --------

0
ChrisHagon (16)

Windows 2008 local printer port disappears
Hi, We have a Windows 2008 server which is working as file and print server, as part of its role we have what we call a BIN printer installed on it. Basically this is a fake printer which we set up on a Local Port called null so that anything that is printed to it is deleted handy for miss sent prints. The trouble is when ever the print spooler is restarted the null port disappears, the printer is still there but is now offline. I have tried with different port names but the same thing happens. Can anyone help? Thanks, Anthony ...

Possible to export .pst contents to my local file system?
I would like to export the contents of my .pst file to my local file system. So in Outlook I may have some folders/files like the following; "Personal Folders\stuff\msg1" "Personal Folders\stuff\msg2" "Personal Folders\stuff\msg3" .... I would like to export this so I would have the following (or something similar) on my local file system; "c:\Personal Folders\stuff\msg1.html" "c:\Personal Folders\stuff\msg2.html" "c:\Personal Folders\stuff\msg3.html" .... Is there any way of doing this? Thank you. ...

Local Queue
Hello, Just a simple question on Exchange 2003 queue. Basically I want to queue external mail on my exchange servers for 48 hours in preperation for some of my other exchnage servers moving. I have set the Default Local SMTP server to 2 days on the Virtual SMTP server? Is this Correct? Default expiration timeout on SMTP virtual servers is 2 days. Additionally you can adjust the delay timeout as well if you want - notifies senders of delays at end of this interval. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "...

Localizing AfxMessageBox, "Yes", "No", and app title
I have an MFC / C++ app in Studio 2005 that supports 10 languages using MBCS for Chinese. I can change the language of my GUI by calling SetLocale for each thread and the dialogs and CString strings are then loaded with the correct language. But any calls to AfxMessageBox get the English title (on XP English) of the application and Yes / No / Cancel buttons in English. The CWinApp has a member variable with the app title, so I can reload that. But I haven't figured out how to get the Yes / No / Cancel buttons to change language too. Any ideas? You'll have to load the MFC for t...

Users not authenticating to local GC when hitting remote Exchange 2k3 server
We have a central Exchange site (2003) where we are consolodating a lot of our remote plant and field office locations. One of these locations has their own DC (GC) in our domain. The user authenticate to that DC when they log in. HOwever, when they are connected to the email server at our HQ, they use one of the DCs also located in the HQ site. This seems to be causing unecessarily slowness. I know that Exchange builds a list of available GCs (shown in the directory access tab for that server). The remote GC is not in the same site as our central Exchange servers, so it doe...

logons section within ESM help
I am running a user count from performance monitor, it says we have 200 user connected. When I go to the ESM > to the Mailbox store the logons it shows me all the user connected. Problem is (like other users) it says I'm conncted about 15 times, there are 10 on differnt days saying the client I used is HTTP (OWA) and the other 5 are Client 11.0.8000 (Outlook 2003) and these are all for today. What does htis mean, surely the HTTP ones shouldn't be there as I'm not using OWA today and I should only have one instance in there as I'm only using Outlook 2003 ? Thanks i...

Limits
Hi all! I cannot understand the behaviour of setting up the limits in Exchange System Manager (ESM) and Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC)... If I set up an limit for send and recieve in ESM for Store and in ADUC for some specific users set up different (sey greater) limit, which limit will be in hold? Shoud it be the lesser (from ESM) or the greater (from ADUC)? I supposed the greater (specific) limit from ADUC be in hold, however when I set up the 200M limit in ESM for Store and e.g. 500M limit for some users, these users cannot send and recieve mail if they have mailbox 200...

Selecting local printer
I'm sure this is really easy, but I can't find the answer. I want to select from one of the locally configured printers (similar to the Printer Name dropdown in the Print dialogue), but without using a full Print dialogue. ConnectToPrinterDlg doesn't really do what I want because I don't want to browse network printers. Can you help please? Check out the EnumPrinters API call and PRINTER_INFO_2 (other numvers like _4) etc News wrote: > I'm sure this is really easy, but I can't find the answer. > > I want to select from one of the locally configure...

Como alterar o local de entrega dos meus emails Outlook 2007
Como posso alterar o local de entrega dos e-mails? Sabe como nas verções anteriores. "Alexandre" <Alexandre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7152EED5-64F3-4C6C-A357-ADAD8163A571@microsoft.com... > Como posso alterar o local de entrega dos e-mails? > Sabe como nas verções anteriores. Tools>Account Settings>Data FIles tab. Select the data store you want to use as the delivery locaiton and click Set as Default. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Account is not local, relaying disallowed
This is a network that was set up prior to me. SBS 2003 using pop3-connector for mail through smallbusiness.yahoo.com All of a sudden they are not able to send to some external recipents as well as receive from some. errrrr Here is a couple of erros we are getting back. There is nothing to be found in the event viewer. Thanks for any help!! They have been able to send and recieve from these domains in the past. error message: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <xxxxxxxx.org #5.5.0 smtp;5...

Connection to local MSDE Database
I have a sql query made in the jscript OnSave event of the Appointment entity, which connects (using the ADODB) to the xxx_MSCRM database on the server to fetch data and put it into fields of the appointment. Obviously, this does not work when the client is using the Offline Outlook client. My question: I would like to change to connection string to point towards the local MSDE database when the client is using outlook, but don't know which server/Instance to use, and which credential to use. I've tried finding this local msde with a ODBC connection but can't connect to it. ...

Send error to specific local recipients
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C63611.23424F50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, here is my scenario, I have a 2 Exchange servers, one is acting as a failover using = replication software, so it is not actually live. Platform: Exchange 2K3 with SP2 on Win2K3 with SP1 I have an issue when one user tries sending email to other internal = users in the GAL they bounce back with this message. If she send to a = distro group +Office Staff she gets an NDR with the message below from = ...

Can not open Office Files from local HDD
I have Office for Mac 2004 and can not open any file I am sent from email (either Entourage or Lotus Notes) after saving it to my HDD. My disk is formatted with the default OSX Journaled file format. I can copy the file from my HDD to a FAT formatted external HDD and open them just fine. I am running OSX 10.5.2 and am an Admin on the machine. Any assistance or direction on where to look for a resolution would be appreciated. Thanks, William Hi William, So, you receive an attachment, you double-click to open it, it opens fine, you re-save it to a new location, you close it, and suddenly...

Event ID 400 for "local" domain ?
I'm getting this about every hour or two. I also get them occasionally for real domains, but this one for "local" is strange. Any ideas? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: Connection Manager Event ID: 4000 Date: 7/20/2005 Time: 2:16:47 PM User: N/A Computer: SERVSJ03 Description: Message delivery to the remote domain 'local' failed for the following reason: Unable to bind to the destination server in DNS. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: d5 02 04 c0 �..� O...

IMAP Folders
Is there a way I can have Outlook 2007 maintain a local copy of IMAP folders on my hard drive If I lose network connectivity I can't see my IMAP folders, when I am on a satellite, sunspots, severe electrical storms, gamma ray bursters etc often take the bird down. Like most people I have info in my mail folders to which I need to refer for "local purposes". Also the satellite is slow due to signal propogation delay, having a local copy means no waits. I use IMAP rather than POP because a) when I'm on the road I access my mail folders via the mail service providers w...

Local Delivery Message Queue
I have 7 messages in the Local Delivery Message Queue that showed up this morning. All are in a retry state. The sender is Exch5.5-PubIS@domain.com and the recipient is Exch2k3-IS@domain.com. Can someone please explain what these messages are? Should I delete them? I'm not sure why they are not being delivered. If more information is needed, please let me know. THanks. -- DLove Sounds like public folder replication. Your public folders replicate traffic via the Exchange queues. This replication could be several things like content, back fill request, ect… Are you running Exc...

Local Email without Internet Email
We are using Exchange 2003 with Active Directory 2003. We have a student that we need to allow the use of email for communication with teachers on the network, but not allow that student to send or receive email from the internet. I haven't found a way to do that yet. Any suggestions? Can it be done? -- Lauri Bellingham Public Schools Application Support see this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF025.html -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Lauri" <lmcbeath@nospam.bham.wednet.edu> wrote in message news:%23oHOj4IIHHA.816@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > We are using Ex...

Copy Local Message Rule
I've created a complicated message rule for filtering that I would like to put on other client machines. Can I copy it? Is this possible? WIn2k server/ Exchange 2k w/all current SPs. STEVE ...

Change driver of network printer on local machine?
We have a bunch of computers in the office which connect to a Win2003SBS. We have two Brother laser printers on our network. Is it possible for my computer to use a different printer driver for one of the printers or would I need our network consultant to login to the server and change the driver? The reason I ask is because there's two types of drivers.. PCL and BR-SCRIPT. The PCL offers more features. I'd like to start taking advantage of them. One of the features is a macro feature, which can store stuff in the printer memory, such as a letterhead you use often...

Download pictures
Users have outlook 2007 and outlook 2003 50/50 with exchange 2003sp2. I would like to universally set all outlook clients to allow images in messages sent from our mail server and prompt for others. Is this doable or Is this a GPO question? regards -- CR ...

localized standard strings
hi, i'm looking for a way to retrieve the localized string versions of "Turn Off Computer", "Hibernate", "Restart" and so on. Any ideas? Peter ...

ESM
Hi, I created some Public folders in OL 2003 before Xmas no problems as I am the administrator for the local domains server & Exchange admin. Today I tried to create additonal folders form my LAN XP machine but continually receive the error of: Unable to create the folder. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator. When I look at the folder properties in OL I see the folder contact is NT USER:S-1-5-21-606747145-1682526488-682003330-1109 but I have no idea who that is...or was more likely! If I then g...

How to share Access Database in local area network
Dear Sir, I created a DB using Access 2003 and still working on it. how can i use my DB by many users in the same time with out locking the Database. when i did before, an error message appears every time from the other comuter showing that can not creat lock file!! could you please show me the appropiate way of sharing the DB file? Each user requires at least Read, Write and eXecute permission on the folder where the MDB (or MDE) file is located. (Delete is usually recommended as well, but isn't 100% necessary: not having it will mean that the location file--the .LDB file--will no...

ESM error ID c1030af2 "Internal Server Error"
Hi all, We are in progress of upgrading from our 2000 domain and Exchange to 2003. So far we have deployed a w2003 server, upgraded to a DC and transfered the FSMO roles from the old W2K DC. The W2K DC has been demoted to a member server this server hosts Exchange 2000. Exchange 2003 has been installed on the new 2003 DC in the same site as the E2K. We now come to mgrate Exchange 2000 from the old DC to the new DC with Exchange 2003. As described in Q307917 Removing the first Excahnge 2000 Server from the site, we attempt to connect to the Public folders using ESM to replicate and g...

CRM Localization
Does anybody know which localization are exactly available now for CRM 1.2, please? I have read an article (source is microsoft czech) from october 04 about czech localization of CRM. But I cannot find NO other information about it. ...