Eseutil /Y

Do the exchange services need to be stopped in order to use the eseuitl /Y?

If on a dismounted store (an old recovery storage group that I am using) it
tells me that is cannot access the file because it is in use by another
process.

Thanks
0
Tyson (157)

Databases must be dismounted, or IS down, when running any eseutil...depends
on version of Exchange...but I've never heard of the /y switch...what are
you attempting to do?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Do the exchange services need to be stopped in order to use the eseuitl
> /Y?
>
> If on a dismounted store (an old recovery storage group that I am using)
> it
> tells me that is cannot access the file because it is in use by another
> process.
>
> Thanks

0
sconkey (3059)
4/13/2007 4:15:56 PM
Eseutil /Y is the switch for copying the database.

I am running Exchange 2003 SP2.

"Susan" wrote:

> Databases must be dismounted, or IS down, when running any eseutil...depends
> on version of Exchange...but I've never heard of the /y switch...what are
> you attempting to do?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Do the exchange services need to be stopped in order to use the eseuitl
> > /Y?
> >
> > If on a dismounted store (an old recovery storage group that I am using)
> > it
> > tells me that is cannot access the file because it is in use by another
> > process.
> >
> > Thanks

0
Tyson (157)
4/13/2007 4:28:05 PM
now I remember...yes I used this once before...but you will need to dismount
the database before/while you run this...

--

> Eseutil /Y is the switch for copying the database.
>

> I am running Exchange 2003 SP2.
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> Databases must be dismounted, or IS down, when running any
>> eseutil...depends
>> on version of Exchange...but I've never heard of the /y switch...what are
>> you attempting to do?
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Do the exchange services need to be stopped in order to use the eseuitl
>> > /Y?
>> >
>> > If on a dismounted store (an old recovery storage group that I am
>> > using)
>> > it
>> > tells me that is cannot access the file because it is in use by another
>> > process.
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
sconkey (3059)
4/13/2007 4:34:03 PM
this database is dismounted but it still says that it is in use.

"Susan" wrote:

> now I remember...yes I used this once before...but you will need to dismount
> the database before/while you run this...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Eseutil /Y is the switch for copying the database.
> >

> > I am running Exchange 2003 SP2.
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> >> Databases must be dismounted, or IS down, when running any
> >> eseutil...depends
> >> on version of Exchange...but I've never heard of the /y switch...what are
> >> you attempting to do?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >>

> >> "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Tyson (157)

> this database is dismounted but it still says that it is in use.
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> now I remember...yes I used this once before...but you will need to
>> dismount
>> the database before/while you run this...
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Eseutil /Y is the switch for copying the database.
>> >

>> > I am running Exchange 2003 SP2.

0
sconkey (3059)
4/13/2007 4:53:27 PM
hmmm...that should be all that's necessary...if you can, you might want to
set that database to not mount on start up, and reboot the server, when you
can...then try again...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> this database is dismounted but it still says that it is in use.
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> now I remember...yes I used this once before...but you will need to
>> dismount
>> the database before/while you run this...
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Eseutil /Y is the switch for copying the database.
>> >

>> > I am running Exchange 2003 SP2.

0
sconkey (3059)
4/13/2007 4:54:11 PM
ok thanks.

I will give that a try this weekend.

"Susan" wrote:

> hmmm...that should be all that's necessary...if you can, you might want to
> set that database to not mount on start up, and reboot the server, when you
> can...then try again...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > this database is dismounted but it still says that it is in use.
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> >> now I remember...yes I used this once before...but you will need to
> >> dismount
> >> the database before/while you run this...
> >>
> >> --
> >> Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >>

> >> "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Tyson (157)
4/13/2007 5:00:04 PM
do you have any file-level AV running against that file, perhaps?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> hmmm...that should be all that's necessary...if you can, you might want to
> set that database to not mount on start up, and reboot the server, when
> you can...then try again...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> this database is dismounted but it still says that it is in use.
>>
>> "Susan" wrote:
>>
>>> now I remember...yes I used this once before...but you will need to
>>> dismount
>>> the database before/while you run this...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>>

>>> "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
sconkey (3059)
4/13/2007 5:03:47 PM
Esuetil is an offlinerepair tool.  The database must be dismounted..

"Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Do the exchange services need to be stopped in order to use the eseuitl
> /Y?
>
> If on a dismounted store (an old recovery storage group that I am using)
> it
> tells me that is cannot access the file because it is in use by another
> process.
>
> Thanks

0
John

DPM2010RC, should i check off run eseutil for 2010 exchange?
I'm setting up protection on our 2010 exchange mailboxes, which were just migrated from 2007.. I've copied over the eset files.. Should i be checking off run eseutil to check integrity? Or leave it unchecked, as i think exchange 2010 does this by default? I have "run for both db and log files as of now as well. Our size of mailbox is about 50GB or so. Thanks Hi, It is recommended to enable eseutil integrity check for exchange backups to ensure recovery from the backup . Exchange 2010 DBs can grow upto 2TB and running eseutil is time consumi...

Time Series Chart Data Plot Line ''Disappears'' When Y Axis Formating Is Changed
SITUATION: I've never used Exel for chart-creation. This question probably makes that all too obvious. Using Exel 2002's chart wizard, I was able to generate a time-series chart which displayed my data. However, on the resulting chart, the Y Axis displayed the years generically (1-30). I wanted this axis to display the years specific to the dates involved (e.g. 1920-1947). I right-clicked on the Y Axis and choose <Format Axis>, followed by the Scale Tab. There I set "Minimum:" to the starting data of my time series, "Maximum:" to the ending date. All ot...

Buy X get Y
I am trying to sell an item using buy 5 get 1 free discount for the customers on price level standard and level A only. I don't want to offer this deal for the customers on price level C and D since my price of this item is already very low. Is there a way to do this ? Thanks for help. ...

Custom Y-axis scale
I was hoping someone might be able to help me with a small problem I have got which has been baffling me for some time. I would like to graph data onto a bar chart but do not know how the amend the y-axis scale to show a customised set of grades. For example, I would like the y-axis to represent the following scale: A1i, A1ii, A2i, A2ii, A3i, A3ii, A4i, A4ii. How do I do this and get Excel to recognise these figures within the dataset I am graphing? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers Phil Use this custom format \A#i in chart Format Axis|Number|Custom Assign: 1 to A1i 1.5 to A1i...

truncation of y-axis text
Excel 2003 Chart y-axis: how do I stop it truncating the text? It used to be ok in Excel 2002! Hi, The truncation is a know problem. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870698 A work around is to add additional characters to the end of the text. Try using the non-breaking space character. To enter this type ALT+0160 using the numeric keypad. Cheers Andy Trainman wrote: > Excel 2003 Chart y-axis: how do I stop it truncating the text? > It used to be ok in Excel 2002! -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Andy Thanks for the advice. I w...

automatically get x y intersection from a chart
I am trying to find a formula to automatically return the x/y intersection on a chart to a cell. To provide some more background to what I'm trying to do. I need to intersect a WT then match the CG to produce the KIAS where the WT and CG are variables defined in a separate cell. I also need the formula to round...for the sake of simplicity. Ie: WT=2359, CG=39.8, KIAS= ? WT CG KIAS 2300 40.9 44 2300 39 46 2300 37 47 2300 35 48 2300 33 49 2350 40.9 44 2350 39 45 2350 37 47 2350 35 48 2350 33 49 2400 43.5 44 2400 40.9 45 2400 39 46 2400 37 47 2400 35 48 2400 33 49 2450 43.5 44 ...

how do i do x/y axis graph
i need to do a x/y axis graph. but i need my y axis to have alphabetical information not numerical values, how do i do that any ideas? tks very much ...

How to create multi columnar chart with 2 Y axis AND ALONG WITH TR
PLEASE HELP AS PER SUBJECT BELOW IS THE DATA. 2004 2005 2006 2007 EBDIT 145 265 395 480 PAT 1.2 2.6 3.9 5.4 Hi, Have a look here, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html If you post again put your question in the body of the post not the subject title as that will get truncated. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "viral_pandya_virurids" <viralpandyavirurids@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21DC4CBF-4AFE-42C6-B110-766E978BB438@microsoft.com... > > PLEASE HELP AS PER SUBJECT > BELOW I...

How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set?
How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each data set? On Jul 20, 5:26 am, libertyforall <r...@royhuff.com> wrote: > How do I get a graphy with 2 data sets to have 2 Y axis one for each > data set? Hi libertyforall, have a look at Jon Peltier's beatiful site, especially: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html Have fun, cheers Michael ...

X and Y axes
I have created a line chart with the x and y axes. The x axis ranges from -10 to +10. This is exactly a graphing problem in math! How can I make a vertical line appear, such as x=1??? This would be a vertical line extending up and down to infinity! Thanks, FLKulchar On Fri, 27 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, F. Lawrence Kulchar <FLawrenceKulchar@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I have created a line chart with the x and y axes. >The x axis ranges from -10 to +10. > >This is exactly a graphing problem in math! > >How can I make a vertical line appear...

How to control aspect ratio of X,Y axes?
Is there a straight-forward way to control the aspect ratio of the X and Y axes? I managed to do it by manually dragging the length and width of the chart area until the aspect ratio looked like what I wanted. But I'd rather do it a more methodical way, if possible. For example, I thought under the Format Axis > Scale, I thought there might be something for Units per Inch. Nope. (I am using Excel 2003.) Since my original X coordinate ranged from 1 to 597 and Y ranged from 118 to 155, the aspect ratio was way off. I wanted 1-to-1; that is, the visual distance between 118 and...

Is there a way to split the y-axis values in a chart?
I am trying to make a scatter graph with some high values and some low values -say 0 to 100 and 900 to 1000. Is there a way to have the y-axis display 0 to 100 then a line with values 900 to 1000 above the line? Hi, Here are some examples of split axis. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/broken_y_axis/tutorial/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm Cheers Andy otyokwa wrote: > I am trying to make a scatter graph with some high values and some low values > -say 0 to 100 and 900 to 1000. Is there a wa...

Least number of digits in Y-axis labels
I'm looking for an automatic way to format the value axis with the least number of digits possible after the decimal. I want the format to switch from #,##0 to #,##0.0 to #,##0.00, etc. as needed. That is, I never want the Y axis to display the same number twice, because that means we need to add more digits to the right of the decimal. And I never want the Y axis to display "0" in every right-most character after the decimal, because that means we need to reduce the number of digits displayed. Other than using macros, can anyone suggest a way to display the least number...

second Y axis #2
The help screen says that it can be done (if you understand the cryptic notes). I have a large chart that needs to have a separate set of line graphs overlayed from the right hand Y axis with different scaling. The help screen says something about a "format menu" which I have no idea what it is. I think it means to select the data on the excel spreadsheet then go to the menu. Can anyone help this novice do a job? I guess this is what I get for using Excel once each year. My chart is a chart of ten costs on a area chart over time. I need to incorporate another value whic...

Y axis title cropped
Help. Whenerever I do a title for the Y axis in excel the title gets cropped off. I tried reinstalling office XP ( Excel 2002, SP3) but that did not work. Why does my version of excel do this? I can take the same file and put it on a lab computer create a chart in the same worksheet and then it works fine. HELP! ...

x-y coordinates a character in DrawText()
I'm using DrawText() to output a long string (several paragraphs). Everything works great, but I need to know x-y coordinates of any given character in the string as it's drawn by DrawText(): GetCRectOfChar(int nChar, �) or GetCPointOfChar(int nChar, �) Does anybody have a function that does that and takes into account the fact that the text is multiline? Take a look at CDC::GetCharacterPlacement(....); AliR. "Lance Lee" <llprog2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e84997ec.0410312205.252d05c@posting.google.com... > I'm using DrawText() to output a long st...

Combined bar and line chart (two Y axis) how to make excel know which data goes where
Hello all, after the super fast problem fixing last time i had a problem, i'd like to ask the excel collective for some more help... :) now trying to plot a combined bar chart and line graph. I basically want all the sets of data except one to appear as columns plotted against the axis on the left and the last set of data (which is a cumulative value of the data appearing for the columns) plotted against the right hand axis as a line. I can plot the graph fine, but out of the 7 sets of data which i want to appear as 6 sets of columns and one line, i get four sets of columns and three ...

defrag database with Eseutil
OK, I've printed off the kb 192185... but i don't have 110%... The size is 1.55 gig... at the moment i only have 1.38 gig spare.... what should i do??? Add another drive. :) or defrag on another machine that does have the room. XADM: How to Run Eseutil on a Computer Without Exchange Server 244525 Don't let hardware become your limitation. I hope this helps Gayle Heizer, MCSE Microsoft Exchange Support ************* Please reply directly to the thread with any updates. You may receive this email notification before you are able to view my reply in the newsgroup. Please ...

x and y variables in formulas??????
I am trying to enter in some geometry formulas and can't figure out how to do x and y variables when doing geometry style formulas such as in a triangle. Any help would be great. Thanks what is the formula? "tomsquad" <tomsquad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED23C8E4-ADBD-41AB-9E73-3C9960A7ACBA@microsoft.com... >I am trying to enter in some geometry formulas and can't figure out how to >do > x and y variables when doing geometry style formulas such as in a > triangle. > Any help would be great. Thanks Hi, What exactly is ...

Add 2nd Y axis in XY scatter chart?
Is there any way to add a second Y axis and then plot data associated with this axis in an XY scatter chart? If so, what are the steps? Thanks, Don Culp Hi Don, Add your data to the chart then double click the new data series. On the Axes tab of the format dialog chose Secondary axis. Cheers Andy Don Culp wrote: > Is there any way to add a second Y axis and then plot data associated with > this axis in an XY scatter chart? If so, what are the steps? > > Thanks, > Don Culp > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Custom Format Y-axis; '$1.6 K' ?
What code sequence do I choose, (edit), to achieve this? Boswell On either the y-values on the worksheet or the y-axis, use a custom format such as #.0, "K" Need this in VBA? Just record a macro as you do it. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Boswell" <boswell6@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:D73B6256-2166-4DC8-A53F-000A9729F83E@microsoft.com... > What code sequence do I choose, (edit), to achieve this? > Boswell Hi, 1. Right-click the Y axis and choose Format Axis. 2. On th...

How to create a scatter chart with 2 "X" values with common "Y"s
I Need to create a chart with lots of horizontal curves at different Y values. there are 128 to be precise and I would prefer not to create each as an individual series unless ... is there a way to copy a series mapping it tonew cells? (There are also a few diagonal curves so a bar chart wont work.) Thanks! Just copy the cells from your spreadsheet that contain your data series, then select the chart, Edit/ Paste Special, and choose the relevant options, including "new series". -- David Biddulph "M_LeDuc" <M_LeDuc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

y axis #6
I have a chart that auto-formats the values of the intervals of the y axis. That is fine. However, when I preview the chart, the intervals change and the chart prints with those changed values. Double click on the axis, and on the Scale tab, enter the scale values you want the chart to use. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "lily" <lily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:548B8CBE-F01F-4064-8185-8D77BC9F358B@microsoft.com... >I have a chart that auto-formats the v...

Eseutil and Exchange 5.5
Hi, The priv.edb on our Exchange 5.5 server has reached 16GB. I tried to run the eseutil program to free up some white space. I have to defrag to another server because there is not a partition large enough to accomidate the defrag. This is the first time I've done this and am not sure what I am doing wrong. I mapped a drive (h:) to a directory I created (dbback) on another server which I shared and granted full access to it. I ran the following - c:\winnt\system32> eseutil /d /ispriv /th:\dbback\tempdefrag.edb /p the program initiated but terminated within a minute with the f...

How do I force the y-intercept value
Is it possible to force the Y-intercept value to 100 when performing linear regression? ...