Errors with Distribution Group Wizard and link to Public Folder Ar

I'm having a problem with setting up a Distribution Group with the Public
Folder.  My objective is to create a number of Distribution Groups that will
archive the e-mail to them to a public folder.  The DG and PF are both being
created, but the link between the two is not.  My objective is to use the PF
as the store where a team will go to view general e-mail addresses that are
being sent (webmaster@mycompany.com, for example).

I am using the Add Distribution Group Wizard (ADGW, Server
Management\Standard Management\Distribution Groups\Add a Distribution Group)
to add the DG.  I am having no problems with setting up the DG Information,
Group Membership, or Group Manager pages.  When I come to the Group Options
page, I am leaving both 'Create a public folder to archive e-mail messages
sent to this group' and 'Enable this group to receive e-mail messages from
users outside of your network' check. I get the confirmation screen and
everything looks right.  When the wizard goes into creation, the progress bar
runs all the way to the end rapidly and then, after a loooong wait, I get the
message:

'The wizard could not successfully configure this group.  The following
could not be completed: - The Exchange public folder could not be created.
Do you want to keep this group?'

If I answer yes, the both the DG >>and the Public Folder<< (despite the
error message) get created, and the DG works fine (i.e. User members receive
e-mails posted to that DG), but the PF does not receive a copy of the
message.  It appears that the creation of the link between the two is what
fails.

We are running SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 running in Native mode.  I know
that the above function worked on setup, as the default Distribution group
based on the <companyname> that is created during install exists and posts
successfully to the associated Public Folder.  When I look at the properties
for this DG, the PF reference is listed as a member, but when I go to add my
other PFs to their associated DG, I do not get a Microsoft Exchange System
Objects component listed under the AD (which what is listed for my
<companyname> DG member.

I believe that the problems boils down to the following: the MS Exchange
System Objects are either not listed with the AD, or I don't know where to
find them.  I have both browsed and searched the AD trying to locate this
entry with no success.  Is there anyone that has faced and resolved this
issue that can point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Andre

0
CogniLore (1)

Moving Public folder in Exchange 2003
Hi, I can see on the following page: "http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3AdminGuide/048c8478-a2bf-4811-a6ec-d8a99719f4bf.mspx" that a PF can be moved within a PF tree using the system manager; 1- Does this actually launch a PF content move to a new location ? 2- If yes, can the new location be a new server in another administrative group ? 3- Actually what is the best way to move a PF from one admin group to another admin group, the goal is to consolidate and decommission the original servers ? Thanks, Luca. If you Rehome your Public Folder to anot...

Access 2007 Lookup Wizard Drop down Boxes
I am trying to create a multivalued look up field using the lookup wizard. As far as I can tell all the information is in the properties box correctly yet when I click on the drop down arrow nothing appears in the box. The frustrating part is I have another lookup box in this table that works correctly. Please help. when you say multivalued lookup box do you mean combo box? if so, do you have the combo box based on another table? -- deb "Access 2007 Lookup Wizard DropDown Box" wrote: > I am trying to create a multivalued look up field using the lookup wi...

Problems expanding distribution lists
Hello! We have some problems expanding distribution lists. Background: We are running trhee MSXS2k, placed in two routing groups at two locations, connected by WAN. In each location there are two DCs and two GCs. We are using global security groups for mail distribution - we have only one domain, so... Here is what it's all about: From location A, every user working with this MSXS can send mail to a DL and the message is delivered. From location B, users can see the DLs and send mails to them, but they do not reach anyone. Reason for that seems to be, that the categorizer on MSXS in...

FQDN vs Domain DNS name error
A user got the following error msg when she tried to send mail to a Comcast address recently: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <netbiosname.subdomain.domain.com #5.5.0 smtp;521-EHLO/HELO from sender 12.34.56.78 does not map to netbiosname.subdomain.domain.com in DNS> In ESM->...Protocols->SMTP->Default SMTP virtual server properties->Delivery->Advanced the Fully-qualified domain name was set to the NetBIOS name of the server vs the public DNS name. I changed it to...

Exchange web pages giving "unspecified error" when tryin to access
Hi, I just recently installed Exchange 2003 Standard, and everything seems to be working on the mail side (so far) while testing. But the web pages are not displaying correctly, and I really don't want to re-install after getting it all prepped. The default IIS page still displays, but I'm getting "unspecified error" displayed on the page when I try to access Exchange. In event log, I get this from MSExchangeDSAccess: Process IISIPMFD58842E-9022-4716-8A76-7C9F0A46EF36 -T 20 -AP "EXCHANGEAPPLICATIONPOOL (PID=208). The shared memory heap could not be created. And...

Printing get error: "Unable print because paper setting out of ran
I get the subject error (traduction from italian, sorry), so I can't print anyway my calendar. Here's the error stamp http://www.allfreeportal.com/imghost/images/962474err.JPG I did: - Reinstalled office - Try changing all parameters available on paper size - Remove and reinstall printer... Nothing good :(( How I can restore original parameters of layout of calender? Regards and thanks Did try deleting the outlprnt file? paste the following line in the address bar of windows explorer: %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and it will open to the fo...

Bad Mail folder filling up
Over the last couple of days, I noticed our badmail folder filling up quickly. I dont have NDR delivered to any mailboxes, how should I trouble shoot where this is coming from? I just recently opened up relaying to One server on the network Hi Bruce You should be able to navigate to the BadMail directory and open one of the file, this should tell you who the message originally came from and where it was going? What version of Exchange do you have? -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bruce&q...

error #2
Hi, I had a vc++6 project. I had developed another project in vc++ NET 2003. I wanted some functionality from the new project in the old project. SO I converted the old project to .sln. I then took files from the new project and then added to the created solution. I get these errors though afxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void * __cdecl operator new[](unsigned int)" (??_U@YAPAXI@Z) already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR71D.dll) nafxcwd.lib(afxmem.obj) : error LNK2005: "void __cdecl operator delete[](void *)" (??_V@YAXPAX@Z) already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSV...

Two 'Personal Folders' folders?
I recently got a new computer with Outlook 2003. I copied my old .pst file from my old computer and pointed Outlook 2003 to it. Now for some reason I have two personal folders with exactly the same subfolders and e-mail messages. Why is this? Do I need both? How can I get rid of one or the other? Thank you. Right click on the top level of the folder - the folder set without the little house - and choose close. If that fails, try File, Data file management. if that fails, create a new profile. http://faq.outlookmvps.org/archives/000733.html -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author...

Unable to close excel as a group from the task bar
Hi all, I have noticed (ok actually a user logged it) that when you have multiple worksheets open in excel (and they are grouped on the windows taskbar) you cant close minimise the group, in fact all the options in the right click menu are greyed out. I've had a look on the web and kind fine a few instances of people asking this question but no one seems to have an answer. ( i know i can untick windows in taskbar and just have one instance of excel but im curious why close group doesnt work) thanks in advance >>but im curious why close group doesnt work There are lots of que...

change text and icon of a XP grouped taskbar button
Hi I need to change the text and icon of the taskbar button that XP collects simular buttons under, (after choosing "Group simular taskbar buttons" in the taskbar properties) Can anyone give me directions on where to start looking? thanks and regards Anders Sandberg ...

Outlook 2007 Task Form Insert Ribbon (Attach Group)
Does anybody know what happened to the Insert Tab on Task Forms in Outlook 2007. Even some Microsoft training materials show an Insert Tab on the form for new Tasks. However, I can't find any way to make it appear, though it does show up on new Appointment forms. Has somethiing changed perhaps? Thanks for any insight anyone has. Bill I see it here as the 2nd tab on an open task. There is no Attach group, = though. The group with attachment commands is called Include. = =20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turt...

Exchange Task Wizard
Hi~ Anyone know of a way to set the default server and mailbox store presented in Exchange Task Wizard GUI - Move Mailbox ? Thanks, Itrcb4 make the one you want shown first alphabetically. this probably means creating a brand new server and information store, but it's the option you have short of writing your own tool/script for moving objects. "itrcb4" <itrcb4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C951CAEC-B2FB-4EAE-AB72-3F967365250A@microsoft.com... > Hi~ Anyone know of a way to set the default server and mailbox store > presented in Exchange T...

error in Pivot grand total
Hi I'm having trouble with the grand total in my pivot. It doesn't calculate right I have 4 numbers -3,101000000000000000000000000000 -7,663000000000000000000000000000 3,101000000000000000000000000000 7,663000000000000000000000000000 Added toghether these should become 0, and they do if i use the SUM function But my grand total in the pivot calculates it to a very smal decimal number. 0,000000000000000888178419700125 Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? "Magnus" <mamc@korsnas.se> wrote in message news:19b101c38d9d$8efdb780$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > I...

Contacts going to Outlook contacts folder on Sync?
We have a setup with only one BU... I seem to be getting random contacts in my Outlook Contacts folder after I go offline. Why is this? Jake, When you go offline, CRM will "sync" the Outlook contacts with the contacts that you have access to in CRM. So the "random" contacts could be others that the user has visibility to in the system. Matt "Jake Horn" <jhorn@order4chaos.com> wrote in message news:uxhc7EEwDHA.1576@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... We have a setup with only one BU... I seem to be getting random contacts in my Outlook Contacts folder after I go...

PM Missing Distribution
We have a transaction in Payables that has no distributions. The transaction is posted, and appears correctly in the GL. It also appears correctly in the AP Trial Balance. I tried running Checklinks, but it didn't yield anything. I've double checked PM10100, and there is no corresponding distribution line. How do I get the PM10100 table to repopulate? Hi, Great Plains does not have a facility to regenerate distribution entries when the same was previously deleted (using utilities, accidentally or intentionally). Technically you can do it two ways: Firstly, since t...

Entourage Exchange emails coming in as folders
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3354693547_24706898 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I am on Entourage 2008 version 12.2.4, exchange server 2003 Out of the blue my Exchange emails are coming across as new folders under the Inbox. For example, an email with the subject �Invoice Enhancements� is coming across as a FOLDER titled �Invoice Enhancements.EML�. When I click on the folder, nothing is there. My IT say...

List View Grouping in MFC 9.0
Dear Friends, I want to split List control into groups at run time similiar to Windows VISTA MY Computer view. i.e. 1) I can expand and collapse the items at run time ? 2) Header of groups should be in user defined color etc. Any help is highly appreciated. I am developing the MFC application in Visual Studio 2008 + feature pack 1. You may want to look at some of these controls. The Outlook bar control might work for you, or perhaps a tree control and list control in a splitter window: http://www.codejock.com/downloads/samples/controls.asp#controls_vistataskdialog Tom <Smadhuka...

Two "Personal folders" #2
Dear all; When opening outlook 2003, I see two personal folders. One with the "Home" icon and the other one with a sort of "directories" icon. They both have the same contents. Can I, and if so how, get rid of one of them ? Mark. If you right click on the duplicate "personal folders" (not the one that has Outlook Today next to it) and select Close, do you get an error? If yes, you most likely will have to create a new mail profile via the mail applet in the control panel (don't copy the existing one) and delete the old one. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Out...

Passwording a linked spreadsheet
Hi All, I've been asked to create a series of spreadsheets that link into one master spreadsheet. Each spreadsheet will have a summary column where the users will input what they want to see on the master spreadsheet. The master spreadsheet will then only show that field. However I want users to have access to the master spreadsheet but only selected personnel can have access to all of the seperate spreadsheets. I would like to password each of these files with a different password. Only problem is that when your in the master spreadsheet and you update the links, it asks for the pas...

Linking Multiple Queries and a SharePoint List
Hi, I have an Access 2007 Database (MyDB) which connects to an enterprise database (EnDB) using an ODBC connection. MyDB extracts a list of servers from the EnDB that have an error status, and appends (no duplicates) any records found into MyDB. All works well. I then have another query that cross-checks MyDB against the EnDB for any servers listed in MyDB where the error no longer exists in the EnDB, and if any are found it flags a feild in my local databse. I use two queries to acheive this - 1) Find unmatched Query, 2) Update Query (using the data produced in the Fi...

New User with weird error
I have always been a quicken user but this weekend we decided to move over to Microsoft Money because it appears to be a superior product. We added our accounts and everything looks like it went great. I see our Credit card, checking and savings accounts in there. When I look at the Savings and Credit Card accounts everything is perfect but when I look at the Checking all our data in not in there. Our Check register only has from 2/15 to 3/1. it should have from 2/1 to 4/15. So when I look at the accounts Home Page I see the "transactions to read:263" so I click that an...

Public control collection?
I need to have a control collection that is public to other modules and procedures. When I declare it in the procedure it like Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Dim JobNameBox As New Collection For a = 1 To Controls.Count - 1 If Left$(Controls.Item(a).Name, 12) = "JobNameCmbBx" Then JobNameBox.Add Controls(a) Controls.Item(a).Clear rw = 2 ' change to job name worksheet While Worksheets("JobNamesList").Cells(rw, 1) <> "" Controls.Item(a).AddItem (Worksheets("JobNamesList").Cells(rw, 1...

Control Outlook Stationery Folder
Sir, I want to make an application in which WE 'll give CDs to our clients. The CDs will have a folder containg some htm files. On running the CD the setup should install the file from CD -Folder to the Staitonery folder on the system by dynamiclly picking the stationery folder in the system (C:/ D: / E:/ drive) any. Copied HTM file should also become the default stationery for new mail messages . How could i achieve thsi . Please reply me back. Regds, SHYAM MAGGO ...

Error message when building check batch in TWO
I am trying to get a test file out of TWO to see if Safepay can generate the file I need. When trying to build a check batch in TWO, I get the following message: a get/change operation on table 'ME_Direct_Deposit_SETP' cannot find the table Does this mean that EFT for payables is not fully installed in TWO? Many thanks, Jackie ------=_NextPart_0001_86EC2C7C Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jackie, Thank you for including the complete error message that you receive when trying to build the check batch. As you suggested, all company databases need to...