error sending from 5.5 to 2000

When a user sends from an exchange 5.5 mailbox to a user in exchange 2000,
they receive the following error:

The message was undeliverable because the recipient specified in the
recipient postal address was not known at this address
	The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
;p=Express-Scripts;l=TEMMS014-041001192533Z-210060
            <mail5.express-scripts.com #5.1.1>

The same user on the 5.5 server can send to other users on the 2000 server.

I looked the error up in technet and got 3 kb articles with only 1, kb295377
being anything close to my problem.  I checked the entry and it already has
the correct information in the ADC property mentioned in the kb article and I
did not want to actually change it since mail is working to other mailboxes.

Can anyone lend me a hand?  Thanks in Advance.
0
Mike1154 (1216)

"Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When a user sends from an exchange 5.5 mailbox to a user in exchange 2000,
>they receive the following error:
>
>The message was undeliverable because the recipient specified in the
>recipient postal address was not known at this address
>	The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
>;p=Express-Scripts;l=TEMMS014-041001192533Z-210060
>            <mail5.express-scripts.com #5.1.1>
>
>The same user on the 5.5 server can send to other users on the 2000 server.
>
>I looked the error up in technet and got 3 kb articles with only 1, kb295377
>being anything close to my problem.  I checked the entry and it already has
>the correct information in the ADC property mentioned in the kb article and I
>did not want to actually change it since mail is working to other mailboxes.
>
>Can anyone lend me a hand?  Thanks in Advance.

Without looking at the KB articles to know what entry/property you
mean, i can tell you that we occasionally had problems with the 5.5
"Obj-Dist-Name" and AD "legacyExchangeDN" valus not being identical.
If that's the case, use ADSIEDIT to make the legacyExchangeDN value
the same as the 5.5 Obj-Dist-Name value for that user.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP