error sending from 5.5 to 2000

When a user sends from an exchange 5.5 mailbox to a user in exchange 2000,
they receive the following error:

The message was undeliverable because the recipient specified in the
recipient postal address was not known at this address
	The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
;p=Express-Scripts;l=TEMMS014-041001192533Z-210060
            <mail5.express-scripts.com #5.1.1>

The same user on the 5.5 server can send to other users on the 2000 server.

I looked the error up in technet and got 3 kb articles with only 1, kb295377
being anything close to my problem.  I checked the entry and it already has
the correct information in the ADC property mentioned in the kb article and I
did not want to actually change it since mail is working to other mailboxes.

Can anyone lend me a hand?  Thanks in Advance.
0
Mike1154 (1216)

"Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When a user sends from an exchange 5.5 mailbox to a user in exchange 2000,
>they receive the following error:
>
>The message was undeliverable because the recipient specified in the
>recipient postal address was not known at this address
>	The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=
>;p=Express-Scripts;l=TEMMS014-041001192533Z-210060
>            <mail5.express-scripts.com #5.1.1>
>
>The same user on the 5.5 server can send to other users on the 2000 server.
>
>I looked the error up in technet and got 3 kb articles with only 1, kb295377
>being anything close to my problem.  I checked the entry and it already has
>the correct information in the ADC property mentioned in the kb article and I
>did not want to actually change it since mail is working to other mailboxes.
>
>Can anyone lend me a hand?  Thanks in Advance.

Without looking at the KB articles to know what entry/property you
mean, i can tell you that we occasionally had problems with the 5.5
"Obj-Dist-Name" and AD "legacyExchangeDN" valus not being identical.
If that's the case, use ADSIEDIT to make the legacyExchangeDN value
the same as the 5.5 Obj-Dist-Name value for that user.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Outlook 2000 item
Hello Everyone, I have a user that has some items appearing in his calendar and he doesn't know where it came from. I thinkt it came from a meeting request and was automatically inserted into the calendar but the user insists he never saw such a request. Is there a way to trace where it came from? Also there are these two black timers on the calendar item. I tried recreating the item but my timers when I create the item it is not black. click on the link to see the black timers I am referring to. http://216.174.137.195/newsgroups/outlook.jpg Thanks, Kevin Unless you're in an E...

Outlook 2000 Application Error
When I open Outlook 2000 it shows my in box but when I click to open any message, in box, deleted items, etc, it displays the following error "The instruction at "0x1000aad8" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be read. It then closes OL 2000. I can not read any of my mail at all. I can change settings as long as I do not try to open any mail. Help. ...

Repeated IsInteg Errors
I am getting a fair number of errors when I run IsInteg using syntax: isinteg -s wv1-sexch01 -fix -verbose -l "d:\data\exchsrvr\isinteg\log.log" -test alltests One or two passes with the FIX option cleans up the errors, but even just a reboot will result with integrity error. I am now running a new Win2k3 server with E2k3. My previous Win2k Adv/E2k Ent server intermittently prevented messages from being opened. Outlook threw an error "Can't open item. Unknown error." It turned out to be something whacked related to Symantec Mail Security. In troubleshooting THAT...

Connecting to boxes moved from 5.5 to 2003
I have a small organization, with about 60 clients and I'm working on an AD converison. I worked with a consultant to setup a new AD domain with the requisite trust with my old NT domain and the ADC. I have no problem moving test boxes over to the AD/Exchange03 machine, but I am not certain what the next steps in the process for accessing the moved boxes should be. I though I could simply "enable" the moved accounts I see in AD Users and Computers, but even after resetting pw's and enableing the acct, I am immediately challenged with a bad pw/username error when I atte...

Monitoring Users Mailboxes
As Admin, I have been asked to monitor a users mailbox. Our network consists of 5 domains (has 5 mailservers, with my main server retrieving the mail from our ISP and then distributing it to the other servers ). This user is in a different domain than I. My Outlook 2000 can't access the mailbox. I gave myself Admin rights to this persons mailbox. I have tried many ways to open the mailbox. I have logged onto the other domain from my PC and tried to configure Outlook to connect to the other domain mailserver but it always says it can't open the information store or there is...

Outlook 2000 How to forward emails
I am using RIM Blackberry and do not want to receive the 30 or so SPAM emails a day that my desktop receives. I thought I could set up a filter to forward emails to the Blackberry if the address is in my address book. Is there a way to entering this filter? Paul On 13 Apr 2004 19:04, "Paul S" <ps@noreply.hotmail.com> wrote: >I am using RIM Blackberry and do not want to receive the 30 or so SPAM >emails a day that my desktop receives. I thought I could set up a >filter to forward emails to the Blackberry if the address is in my >address book. Is there a wa...

error message mfc application
I keep getting an error message saying microsoft has detected an error, mfc application. what should i look for???? is there a potential virus, i have scanned with norton and nothing is being picked up????? Is this a program that your developing or is this the message windows gives you when you attempt to run the application? Have you tried to debug the application? -- ============ Frank Hickman NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply. "kruark99" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30EE73CA-1E2B-4A33-BF53-B28AEE3E2421@mi...

Exchange 5.5 relay Prohibited Auth checked
I have an Exchange 5.5 server. I have Rerouting open with Users and clients the Authenticate checked. It has been working fine for a year and now all of a sudden my pop3 users get a 550 relay prohibited error when sending mail. It works if I uncheck "users and clients that Authenticate". I don't want to leave it wide open. I know their user names and passwords are correct. What could cause this to all of a sudden stop working? What changed? Did you add or change a firewall? The reason I ask is that firewalls that do any sort of mail handling, where they accept then forwar...

Sending files from Vista
Windows mail is my default mail client. But if I right click on a data or picture file from my desktop or other areas it wants to send it with Outlook instead of Windows Mail. What settings do I have to change to get windows mail to do all my mail sending in this manner? "Stumped" <Stumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C240124-48D3-4EAB-B63B-8A0B20505905@microsoft.com... > Windows mail is my default mail client. But if I right click on a data or > picture file from my desktop or other areas it wants to send it with > Outlook >...

Why is there an attachment (editdata.mso) to emails I send out?
All of a sudden, people who get emails from me also get an attachment (editdata.mso) to the email. I have been using Microsoft Outlook 2003 for years and this has never happened. My operating system is Windows Vista. Gloria <Gloria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > All of a sudden, people who get emails from me also get an attachment > (editdata.mso) to the email. I have been using Microsoft Outlook > 2003 for years and this has never happened. My operating system is > Windows Vista. It sounds like Word's "Normal" template has been modified. With Wor...

Internet Communication error occured. (OFXIE12031)
I'm using Money 2007. Everytime I do an online update, I get this error for my Citibank Credit Cards account. Internet Communication error occured. Please try your call again later. (OFXIE12031) All other accounts work fine. Has anyone got this error or know what the real meaning of it is? Also, is there a solution for this? I searched the forum but there was no match. Thanks, On Dec 30 2007, 11:07=A0am, Amrit <Am...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm using Money 2007. Everytime I do an online update, I get this error fo= r > my Citibank Credit Cards account. >...

share junk senders and rules outlook 2000 on Win XP
I just upgraded to XP and really like the multi user ability, much better than 98 in which I did not use it. However, in outlook 2000 we'd like to share the junk email sender lists and rules between 2 users. I searched for and found the text files used for junk lists under each user, so I can manually merge the two occasionally. But would be better if could point outlook at one shared text file - does anybody know how? For the rules I could not even find a file where outlook saves the lists - any ideas? I also searched the registry for any pointers and found nothing. ...

Error Message 02-28-10
My computer has been really slow so Norton offered a free PC checkup. I did all the steps that they suggested but I believe that I did something wrong and keep gettinga message box that says: Error Loading c:\ProgramFiles\Wildtangent\Apps\CDA\cduEngine0400.dll I don't know how t stop this box from popping up on startup. Please help.. Thanks, Val Contact Norton Support? Valerie wrote: > My computer has been really slow so Norton offered a free PC checkup. I > did > all the steps that they suggested but I believe that I did something wrong > and keep gettin...

Compile error :: Trim, ...
I have an excel 2003 xls which works fine on my pc. When I send it to a colleague, it spits out errors. When he compiles it it highlight a Trim() command. When we delete the Trim(), just to test further, it then highlights an integer variable 'i' which is simply a counter. If a change that and compile further, it highlight UCase$... and I stopped trying to fix it. What is going on? Anyone ever seen this before. I check the references libraries and they are all OK. Thank you for your input, QB Hi, I don't understand why it would fail to compile TRIM(...

2004 Epay days to send reminder
I have both 2003 Deluxe and 2004 small business. In 2003 I get a message under each Epay about the days left to send the transaction. I can't get this to diplay in 2004 until the actual due date of the transaction. In 2003 it starts to remind me 5 days before I have to send it electronically. Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

sending email in outlook 2007 is not working
sending email in outlook 2007 is not working. My gut tells me it has something to do with the setup. What happens and what does the error message say -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "matt" <matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9819497-A904-4827-8A8B-CFFB88E08B16@microsoft.com... > sending email in outlook 2007 is not working. My gut tells me it has > something to do with the setup. > ...

where on Exchange 2000 do you set distribution size limit?
I have a client who wants to create a large distribution list. I know it's a setting on the Exchange server but where? thanks in advance! ...

exchange 5.5 admin tool
can i manage exchange 5.5 from my win 2000 laptop ?If i can where do I find the admin tools. Pls be specific about where I can find the tools. Thanks On Exchange 5.5 installation media. Run setup.exe from there, deselect everything except admin prog, apply Exchange SP4 on laptop and you should be fine. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > can i manage exchange 5.5 from my win 2000 laptop ?If i > can where do I find the admin tools. Pls be specific about > where I can find the tools. > > Thanks ...

IF function #5
I am having trouble with this function. Here is the formula i am using IF(h=1,C9). What is going on is that when h is not equal to 1 i returns a FALSE reading. Instead of the FALSE statement, i would lik the original number to stay. I want to keep changing h and have th readout look something like this: 1 -143 2 -182 3 -198 4 -199 5 -190 but like i said, when i change h to something other than the number i the formula it gives me the FALSE reading. Can you help. You can emai be at brett.richard@bakeroiltools. Thank -- brett409 --------------------------------------------------------------...

Excel 2007 ERROR MSGS
I am using the Trial Office 2007. I have no problems with the other programs, but when I open Excel 2007 I get the following msg: MS Visual Basic Compile Error in Hiidden Module: AutoExecNew When I try to close the program I get this error: MS Visual Basic Compile Error in Hidden Module: DistMon Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix it? Thank you. Google is your friend http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRD_en___US219&q=autoexecnew http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRD_en__...

Sumif Error (?)
Hi All, I have a multitab spreadsheet where i add 6 rows each day with the current date. On another tab I have a SUMIF formula that will pull in the totals based on a date input by the user. This morning, my row count crossed the 1100 mark, meaning i populated rows 1100-1105, column A has todays date and then there are another 15 columns with various data. On the other tab, the same formula that works every day is used and I dont get the correct number. When researching it appears that Excel is offsetting by 1 row. Instead of adding my 6 rows based upon todays date, it is taking the la...

Installing Office 2007 and keep getting earlier fersion error
I have tried the uninstall utility in Windows XP for a trial version of Office 2003. The install of Office 2007 keeps telling me the 2003 version is still there. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040201090908050807090708 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit How long has it been since you installed Office 2003 "Trial Version"? Also please confirm that YOU REALLY MEAN OFFICE 2003 and not Office 2007. These are two different products doing almost identical things like writing a letter to ...

I wish my distributions names to be anonymous when sending emails
I would like my Distribution list to be only showing as the List name in the email and not expanding so others can see who else had received my email. Is this at all possible? You'll need to put them in the BCC field. If you want something to show in the To field, make a contact named 'list name' and use your address for its email address. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

How do I stop Publisher 2000 trying to install IE5?
I have just got a new PC with XP Home Edition. I want to install Publisher from my old software (Works 2000 suite) and also possible Encarta, but when I go to install they both try to install IE5. My new PC already has IE6 installed. Will this cause any problems? How can I work around this? That's not Publisher - that's Home Publishing. Not the same program. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "bradshaw.guernsey" <bradshaw.guernsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95BA088A-0078-4529-89F9-FBFDBB5366D5@microsoft.com... >I have just ...

SEARCH ERROR
Something strange has started to happen with IE8. When i put something in the search bar it has started to come up with a page full of what looks like chinese. i'm also having a problem editing the church website since the site's been upgraded. However it has been tried with IE8 on 6 other computers but won't work properly on my laptop. any ideas? Your computer is infected with malware. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est woodstockpeace wrote: > Something strange has started to happen with IE8. When i put something in the > search bar it has started t...