Error removing replica from "SYSTEM CONFIGURATION" Public Folder

I want to remove an Exchange server from the replication tab on the "SYSTEM
CONFIGURATION" public folder (Exchange System Folder).  I am logged on with
full rights however when I remove the server I get prompted for a username
and password.  No matter what I type I cannot remove any of the servers and
eventually I get this error:--

"Exchange System Manager
The operation failed.
ID no: 80004005
Exchange System Manager
OK"

Any ideas?

I am running Exchange 2003 with SP1.
0
DB (41)

DB,

Is the other machine inaccessible? You might want to try turning it back on
and then remove the server. I have the impression it's trying to do some
mutual updating and cleaning up stuff.

Regards,

Michel Boks - B.ICT
MCSE NT4/2000

"DB" wrote:

> I want to remove an Exchange server from the replication tab on the "SYSTEM
> CONFIGURATION" public folder (Exchange System Folder).  I am logged on with
> full rights however when I remove the server I get prompted for a username
> and password.  No matter what I type I cannot remove any of the servers and
> eventually I get this error:--
>
> "Exchange System Manager
> The operation failed.
> ID no: 80004005
> Exchange System Manager
> OK"
>
> Any ideas?
>
> I am running Exchange 2003 with SP1.
0
MichelBoks (46)
4/26/2005 1:22:11 AM
Yes the server is inaccessible as it is an Exchange FES in the DMZ however I
get the same error when I try remove any of the other Exchange servers in the
org.  I also moved it from the DMZ back inside the network and can still not
remove it.

I believe the biggest clue as to what is happening is with the permissions
on the "SYSTEM CONFIGURATION" folder.  The permissions are inherited and are
set to

Default = Reviewer
Anonymous = None

Options to Add/Remove/Properties are all grayed out.

Where does this folder inherit it security?
0
DB (41)
4/26/2005 4:50:01 PM
I may have fixed this.  I craeted a new public folder tree and associated the
public folder store on this server to it.   Then I just deled the store and
the public folder tree.  (see this posting)

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/browse_thread/thread/19bbe8858ba6a842/bc4fd13bb7ea286d?q=%22public+stores+associated+to+the+folder+tree%22&rnum=1&hl=en#bc4fd13bb7ea286d

"DB" wrote:

> Yes the server is inaccessible as it is an Exchange FES in the DMZ however I
> get the same error when I try remove any of the other Exchange servers in the
> org.  I also moved it from the DMZ back inside the network and can still not
> remove it.
>
> I believe the biggest clue as to what is happening is with the permissions
> on the "SYSTEM CONFIGURATION" folder.  The permissions are inherited and are
> set to
>
> Default = Reviewer
> Anonymous = None
>
> Options to Add/Remove/Properties are all grayed out.
>
> Where does this folder inherit it security?
0
DB (41)

Error removing replica from "SYSTEM CONFIGURATION" Public Folder
I want to remove an Exchange server from the replication tab on the "SYSTEM CONFIGURATION" public folder (Exchange System Folder). I am logged on with full rights however when I remove the server I get prompted for a username and password. No matter what I type I cannot remove any of the servers and eventually I get this error:-- "Exchange System Manager The operation failed. ID no: 80004005 Exchange System Manager OK" Any ideas? I am running Exchange 2003 with SP1. DB, Is the other machine inaccessible? You might want to try turning it back on and then remove t...

ESM System Configuration folder
Hello all, i recently migrated exchange servers (2003 to 2003 front- and back-end). As a step to decommission the old exchange server i turn it off. Everything seems to be fine except i constantly get entries in a queue on the new backend server. This queue is a connection to the old exchange server (protocol: SMTP; type: default SMTP virtual server). I think these entries are coming from the System Configuration folder under public folders in ESM because I see that replication is configured to the old exchange server. Can I just remove this replication? I was hesitant because of the n...

Numeric empty fields (System Configuration)
Hello, When installed CRM we got number configuration different from the one that we use in our systems. So, we tried changing that configuration but when we did it CRM just undo the change and got back to the wrong configuration. Looking at support.microsoft.com I found this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/921547/en-us. We applied the solution described there and we changed the number configuration successfully. However, after that change, we are unable to enter values in numeric fields on any crm form. When we enter any numeric value CRM just clean the field in...

Two stores listed in System Configuration folder
Hello, We migrated from an Exchange 5.5 single-server installation to a Exchange 2003 single-server installation. We think we have correctly moved all data and roles to the new exchange 2003 server. We have been using the 2003 for over 6 months with no problems. Our old server is still listed under the "Servers" folder but we don't see much more evidence of the old server than that. We are ready to delete the old 5.5 server from the directory following the instructions in the MS KB articles. The physical server is no longer available. My question/concern is this: Under ...

Publish Probles and System Configuration
Hi, We are using Sever 2003. We are experiencing problems to publish projects (updates just not refelcted in the PWA) and resources (MSP_VIEW_RES_ENT is not updated with new resources). Whenever it happens our system people do 3 things: 1. Shrink the DB 2. Check that the ViewNotes service is up 3. Clean the VIEWDROPS folder This remedy helps for a very short time. An external consultant experting in the system aspect of Project Server diagnosed the problem as follows: The fact that the ViewNotes service and the DB are on the same machine prevents the service from being raised ...

error removing replica for public (system) folder "System Configuration"
Setup: Two servers in Exchange site mail4: Windows 2003, Exchagne 2003, all mailboxes mail1: NT4.0 exchange 5.5, on it's way OUT.... scheduled to remove mail1 from site this weekend, checking all public folders replicated correctly. Used PFMigrate, and looked OK. In ESM, "Public Folders", viewing "System Folders".. checking there were only mail4 replicas, and found "System Configuration" folder that had replica for both machines. did "Remove" for mail1, when i went to apply or "OK", pop-up window looking for userid and password ...

Public Folder "System Configuration" in 5.5 has no owner
I've been running the DS/IS Consistency Adjuster on my Exchange 5.5 organization in preparation for a migration to 2003. I got a slew of warnings about public folders with no Owner, so I've gone through and manually fixed them. However, even after all that, I still have the folder "System Configuration" showing up in each site as having no Owner. I cannot find this folder in the Exchange Administration utility to fix it. How can I resolve this issue? If it can't be fixed, then will it cause problems with either the ADC connection agreements or the replicatio...

"System configuration" access error
I'm having problems to access some zones in CRM 3.0. I can navigate to Configuration > "Automatic numbering" (I have it in spanish and don't know the exact translation), but can't navigate to Configuration > System configuration. CRM 3.0 raises a generic error and I don't find the solution: Error. For more information, contact your system administrator. I can't from any machine and with any user. Thanks in advance. ...