Error messege when I open or right click on a folder in public folders, ID no: c1030af0

Hi

I've recently added another nic and ip-adr. to my exchange 2003 server.
And after this new hardware and ip.adr Ive got a problem whith public
folders.
When I look at the properties on a subfolder in public folders with exchange
system manager I'll get the following error:

Exchange System Manager

The operation failed due to an invalid fomat in the HTTP request. Verify
that the host header is correct for the virtual server.

ID no: c1030af0
Exchange System Manager

I'm not sure how the host headers should look like for the virtual server.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance/ Birger, Sweden (newbie)

0
birger (3)

On Tue, 24 May 2005 13:52:24 +0200, "Birger" <birger@none.zz> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I've recently added another nic and ip-adr. to my exchange 2003 server.
>And after this new hardware and ip.adr Ive got a problem whith public
>folders.
>When I look at the properties on a subfolder in public folders with exchange
>system manager I'll get the following error:
>

>Exchange System Manager
>
>The operation failed due to an invalid fomat in the HTTP request. Verify
>that the host header is correct for the virtual server.
>
>ID no: c1030af0
>Exchange System Manager
>

>I'm not sure how the host headers should look like for the virtual server.
>
>Any suggestion?
>
>Thanks in advance/ Birger, Sweden (newbie)

I guess the first question is actually why you did what you did.
Is this a replacement nic or is it an additional nic with a separate
IP? I can't really think of a reason, these days, why you would want
to have the Exchange server looking at two different networks and you
certainly wouldn't want to have two nics with different IPs looking at
the same subnet.
Can you shed a little more on your thinking because we may be able to
guide you down a different path.
0
mark7219 (5666)
5/24/2005 1:09:14 PM
On Tue, 24 May 2005 13:52:24 +0200, "Birger" <birger@none.zz> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I've recently added another nic and ip-adr. to my exchange 2003 server.
>And after this new hardware and ip.adr Ive got a problem whith public
>folders.
>When I look at the properties on a subfolder in public folders with exchange
>system manager I'll get the following error:
>

>Exchange System Manager
>
>The operation failed due to an invalid fomat in the HTTP request. Verify
>that the host header is correct for the virtual server.
>
>ID no: c1030af0
>Exchange System Manager
>

>I'm not sure how the host headers should look like for the virtual server.
>
>Any suggestion?
>
>Thanks in advance/ Birger, Sweden (newbie)

Check IIS/ Properties of the Default web site and  see what ip
addresses you are binding ( and under the advanced tab check for any
host header values and remove if any)
0
adavid (8731)

Clients can open each other's mailboxs
I have exchange 2003. All my clients can access each others mailboxes. When I look at the mailbox right I see the everyone group with full access. I am unable to remove it because it is inheriting permissions. Where can I change this? What is weird is that my administrator account use to be able to open everyone's mailbox and now it can not. have you looked at permissions at the top level of the Exchange Organization? Looks like maybe they've been set there...also check the "security" tab for "send as" right... "Paul" <pkernicky@swca.net> wr...

open two different Access reports

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Offline folder problems #2

Error in Outlook Today

Single click selects multiple cells

Public Folder link to Excel File

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

opening .pst archives

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

opening a .docx with word 2004

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook