error message everytime I reboot the exchange server

We are running exchange 2003 on a windows 2003 server box
and everytime I reboot the server I get this error
message,

"WTEXCHANGE" has reported a "Error".  Reported status is:
Queues - "Unknown"
Drives - "Unknown"
Services - "Error"
Memory - "Unknown"
CPU - "Unknown"

The server is working great, we just always get this
message.
Any ideas on what is causing it?

Please email me at jerry.king@ktechserv.com
0
anonymous (74722)

Jerry

It appears you have monitoring setup on the Exchaneg box.  One of the services that you have set to monitor is not starting.  In ESM, expand the 'Tools' folder and open 'Monitoring and Status'.  Right click the 'Status' folder and click 'Properties'.  Ensure that all of the services listed are valid and they all show as started in Computer Management.
0
anonymous (74722)
2/3/2004 1:36:11 AM
"Jerry King" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We are running exchange 2003 on a windows 2003 server box
>and everytime I reboot the server I get this error
>message,
>
>"WTEXCHANGE" has reported a "Error".  Reported status is:
>Queues - "Unknown"
>Drives - "Unknown"
>Services - "Error"
>Memory - "Unknown"
>CPU - "Unknown"
>
>The server is working great, we just always get this
>message.
>Any ideas on what is causing it?

The System Attendant is started and is reporting that at least on of
the services you told it to monitor isn't running. That's a pretty
normal condition. :)

If it happens after the server is started then worry about it.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Get error message 0x800CCC131 evreytime I try to send e-mail Can anybody h send
I assume you're using a Hotmail account? That error message is something saying that Outlook has sent a bad request. Generally, this comes from a proxy server or firewall that doesn't understand the HTTP/DAV protocol that is used to talk to Hotmail. I'd say that someone (either your ISP or your network administrator) recently installed or reconfigured a proxy server between you and the Internet. Contact the proper person and ask them to either upgrade or reconfigure in order to support HTTP/DAV. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS&quo...

cut & paste error
After several successful cut n paste actions I receive and error msg "can not empty the clipboard". When I access the office clipboard underneath Edit it's empty. What's the cause of this error. If I close Excel I'm able to resume the cut n paste but eventually the error will return. Any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated. Hi Corey, If this is manually you can clear the clipboard at the upper right-hand icon below the clipboard titlebar on the clipboard popup. ] (View, Toolbars, Clipboard) If this has something to do with macros. You can clear the...

error message #19
I keep geting an error message outlook has caused an error in KERNEL 32 DLL and will close now. How do I correct this. It also happens in Picture it, Publsihing 2001. Help! ...

Test Message
2010-04-06 오후 6:03:10 ...

exchange 2003 message tracking error: Take the challenge
Hello.. to all..I am running exchange 2003 sp1 standard edition. I want to enable message tracking on my 2003 exhcanger server however when I select the check box to do so I am prompted to with the following error: access denied: facility: ldap provider id no: 80070005 Microsoft exchange management I am also logged in as adminstrator with full right to all mailboxes Can anyone tell me why this is happening ??? I also gave full access to the log file/folder to try to eliminate this error but I had no success Are you doing this from an account which has been delegated rights to Exchange? ...

Selecting Addresses for a new mail message
When I start a new mail message I click on the "To" button to display my contacts to select for the new message. In screen that pops up when I select the "to" shows email addresses and fax or business numbers. Is there a way to customize this screen where it will only show my contacts' email addresses and not show their fax or business numbers? Any suggestions or help is appreciated. flwmims <flwmims@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I start a new mail message I click on the "To" button to display > my contacts to select for the n...

Outlook 2007: How to break vertical line in reply to message?
Hi- When I reply to messages Outlook repeats the original message with a blue line extending the length of the message on the left side. With Outlook 2003 I could break the quoted text into blocks by clicking on the "Decrease Indent" icon. Then my response would not be preceded by the blue line. The end result is something like: | Why weren't you at the meeting? Nobody told me about it. | The next meeting is Tuesday. You bring the cookies. Do you want oatmeal, or choc. chip. This doesn't seem to work with Office 2007. The result comes out as: | Why weren't you ...

Can I delay the delivery of a mail-merged email message?
I am used to delaying the delivery of a single email message by amending the delivery options in Outlook. I would also like to do so for a mail-merged (personalised) email message that I wish to send to a group today, but do not want to be delivered until tomorrow. My mail-merged email messages are created in Word, via Mailing and Mail Wizard. Can I amend delivery options here, and if so, how? Thank you! AFAIK, you can't set the options on the message during a merge. Create a rule to delay all mail with the same subject for 10 min (or more) then set the option on ea...

Can't remove "send message" toolbar
I have an excel file that I use frequently. I sent it as an e-mail, and saved the file when den with it. Now when I open it, it has several lines under the usual toolbars dealing with "sending e-mail" ie Send this sheet, to, cc, subject etc. I've looked all over and can't seem to be able to toggle this feature on or off. The file itself works fine, and I assume this is a toolbar feature to allow for quick e-mailing, but would like to remove it. Answered my own question. You click on the e-mail icon in the standard toolbar to remove it. "Scott" wrote:...

Outlook 2003
Any ideas how to fix or is this a bug as well? Talked to tech support and this is a present bug. Under Send/Recieve options for an IMAP account you should be able to choose to download whole message, not just header. But that setting will not stick. As a result, since the message body is not downloaded, the rules cannot run on the body of the message. Travis "Travis Rabe" <travis_rabe@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bp14jm0snp@enews4.newsguy.com... > Any ideas how to fix or is this a bug as well? > > ...

windows server per server cal
there is a doc [see link] http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/client-licensing.aspx describing "per user/device mode" licence versus "per server mode" licence for client access for win 2008 it means, having large number of clients that infreqiuently access some win 2008 server, they don't need to have all of them user/device cal, but there may be a *small* number of cals installed as per/server directly on the server, allowing the simultaneous acces of that small number of clients. of course, it is distinguished from server's licence itse...

msiexec.exe application error
I forgot to register my office basic 2003 and it is now showing msiexe.exe application error. I cant reinstall my CD. How can I register it? -- xpnieve ...

Exchange Server 2003 and BES
we migrated up to 2003 exchange. we have a BES server at one of our sites. how many BES servers can you have in a single Exchange ORG? I assume only 1 right? I don't believe that there is such a limitation. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "RC" <RichChristy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1166813039.169810.49430@48g2000cwx.googlegroups.com... > we migrated up to 2003 exchange. we have a BES server at one of our > sites. how many BES servers can you have in a single Exchange ORG? I > assume only 1 right...

Messages vanish for some users
Win 2003 SBS SP1... I have two users who have messages vanish. They loose a block of messages over a short date range, such as 1/1/06 to 1/5/06, etc. One user has lost everything in their inbox back to last year, but they are still receiving messages today. They also sometimes receive their email days after it's sent and it just appears in their inbox. They are using laptops and accessing via OWA and Outlook as a client to Exchange over the Internet. Often a single user will use both techniques on different computers or the same computer. I am fairly sure that they are not intent...

how do I see my reply to message sent me?
are they in the sent folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM "Harold Letterman" <Harold Letterman@discussions.microsoft...

Exchange 2007
Hi there, I'm trying to create a public contact folder in Exchange 2007. I can create a new public folder using the "New-PublicFolder" shell command, but it defaults to Post item types. Could anyone tell me how to set it so that it defaults to Contact item types? Thanks, -Richard rk <rk@leapbeyond.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > I'm trying to create a public contact folder in Exchange 2007. > > I can create a new public folder using the "New-PublicFolder" shell > command, but it defaults to Post item types. Could anyone tell me how > t...

File Download Error
We recently had to do a database reattachment and subsequent new CRM 4.0 install for a customer who experienced a virus attack. Everything is stable and working but whenever we try to hit one of the Notes>>File attachment - we get a File Download Error and it won't find the link to the original document. We can't attach new files either. Anybody see this before? ...

Help Configuring Message Size Limits
All, I am looking for some recommendations on how to configure my message limits based on my current exchange 2003 configuration. I want to restrict the size of messages bound for the internet to 10 mb while allowing internal delivery of 20mb messages. My current configuration is a simple 10mb global send receive restriction. I have a single routing group with an internet mail service connector with no size specified in the content restrictions. I also have a default SMTP virtual server configured for each of my servers (3 gateways and 4 internal) all with no message restrictions. I ...

CRM Server Requirements
Hi, We are pursuing a prospect that is running NT4.0 and will be upgrading to Win2003. ( and yes we know that we have/should wait til CRM 1.2 before installing CRM) They will run the 'real version' of SQL and Exchange on one box. Even though they are a 'small' company, only 15 users, they aren't going to use SBS. My question is given that the box will be pretty spiffy - P4, 2.5 gighz, dual processors with 3 meg of memory (as prescribed by their infrastructure company) can I install CRM on this same machine? The user guide explains a SBS configuration with up to 25 user...

Exchange server reports no account at recipient when Outlook Express is able to deliver through regular POP3 connection
I run Exchange Server 2003 with Outlook AND Outlook Express configured to work with my various POP3 accounts. If i send email to address xyz@abc.com from the Outlook / Exchange setup I get xyz@abc.com on 01/13/05 6:44 AM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <abc.com #5.1.1> Cutting and pasting the email address from Outlook into Outlook Express and sending the message, it gets right through. Using another email address worked just fine in outlo...

Server slows to a crawl at end of workday
Greetings, Running Exchange 5.5 still here. At the end of the day, at varying times between 4:00 and 5:00pm our server seems to freeze up, forcing us to reboot it. A previous sysadmin set up script logic and made it so that Outlook always had an OST, whether the user was a desktop or laptop. Could it be that at the end of the day users with huge mailboxes are logging off and their offline synchronizations are grinding the server to a halt? Any other ideas? We've been totally unable to reproduce this error and this is driving us crazy. We're also running OL2003 on most clients, s...

updating CRM Connector when moving the CRM Database to another server.
What updates to the MS CRM Connector do I need to do if I'm moving the CRM database to another server. I have not been able to find any information on this :-( Thanks in advance for any help, D~ ...

I can only view 4-5 messages at a time in my inbox
The inbox displays additional information with each message in blue text underneath the subject; each message now takes up several lines of text where it used to take up just one; now my entire screen is taken up with just 4-5 messages whereas before I could see many more. Any idea on how to change this? It sounds like you may have Auto-preview turned on. Go to View, Auto-preview. This should just leave who its from and the subject line. Stewart. "Rick_77_77" wrote: > The inbox displays additional information with each message in blue text > underneath the subject;...

Out of the Office replies (with Exchange Server)
I have a single user for which this option does not work. I have tried a different pc, upgrading her outlook client to 2002 (from 2000) with no avail. I even moved the mailbox between storage groups to see if that would help. Our servers are running exchange 2000. thanks in adv. any help is appreciated. NET Please try the steps in the following article. 248709 XCLN: Error Message: Out of Office Assistant Cannot Be Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=248709 -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "NETC...

Exchange 2003 Hosting Enviroment
I set up Global Address List specific to companies that we host email for. Everything works fine (I get the custom list) until I click Send/Receive - Download Address Book, or a user in Cached Mode downloads it. Instead of downloading the custom list it downloads the list containing every mail object in the domain. I set the QueryBaseDN for OWA, and the MSExchUseOAB settings for OAB in ADSI but whereas OWA works fine, OAB doesn't work. What am I missing or doing wrong? Thank you. Check the Default OAB - does it include all the custom Address Lists? Here's a tutorial on setting up G...