Error Installing Service Pack 2 on Exchange 2003

Hi

I am installing Service pack 2 and am receiving an error half way through.
The error is to do with Active Sync which is exactly what I want the service
pack for.

During the installation an error appears saying Run Time error file
c:\windows\system32\MsiExec.exe has failed to load properly (or something
very similar). Click OK and a second error comes up saying the sub component
Active Sync cannot be installed with error 0xC0070643. Cancel or Retry. If I
cancel it the rest of the installation goes through fine.

I am presuming this is stopping me enabling a mobile phone PDA device from
synchronising.

Any ideas

Jay1 (212)

Hi Jay,

"Jay" wrote:

----8<-----
> During the installation an error appears saying Run Time error file
> c:\windows\system32\MsiExec.exe has failed to load properly (or something
> very similar). Click OK and a second error comes up saying the sub component
> Active Sync cannot be installed with error 0xC0070643. Cancel or Retry. If I
> cancel it the rest of the installation goes through fine.
>
> I am presuming this is stopping me enabling a mobile phone PDA device from
> synchronising.

If you take a look into the install log you can probably see that an XML
component could not be installed, (because there is already a newer one on
your machine -this info can be found within the App' Events). I clicked the
cancel button and went through the rest of installation fine. Active Sync
seems to be working.

Hope this gives you a light

Regards Jan
0
Jan1 (88)

Exchange database is corrupted
so our exchange database is apparently corrupted... We don't have enough disk space on the drive in order to do any type of repair/defrag on the database, so we are pretty much screwed right now my question is, if we just delete the database, will all the clients computers re-sync with the exchange server and repopulate the database. Terrible idea i know, but desperate times, call on desperate measures. uh...what version of Exchange? I wouldn't recommend deleting the database/s just yet...if a defrag might help, you can always redirect the temp file to a networked drive wit...

Exchange for remote users/offices
Up to this point i've used SBS 2003 with POP3 (using Popbeamer)...the reason i chose this from the get go was because we have about 15 users here on site and about another 20 that are scattered across the globe. I didn't want to be in charge of mail for those that weren't here remotely, so figured just using the POP3 route was the way to go. Well, i'm preparing to move to SBS 2008 and REALLY want to set it up as a true Exchange server hosing the mail. But, again, am not sure i want to deal with the other 20 users if i don't have to. So, is there a way to set up ...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Exchange update problem

Inconsistent DBASE after doing a restore of Exchange 5.5 Dbase
Tried moving my dying ex 5.5 server to new hardware this weekend and it failed because the restore did not bring over a log file and left the dbase in an inconsistant state. Has any one had this happen to them or heard of this happening. Using Vertias backup Exec 10.d, The error I recieved when I tried to start the dbase after the restore was: EVENT ID 5000, could not start the information store, 0x8004010f in the app log, and in the system log was the info store service terminated wth service specfic error, 2147746063. Another question, since my dbase is 26gb and I can't copy it acros...

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Set request parameters for web services

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Outlook 2003

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

M2006 installation
I don't have an internet connection and I can't get past the Passport sign-in screen upon installation. Is there a way to install without an internet connection? Thank you. -- Mark M This install is from a CD? Somewhere on that screen or the previous one, in small type, is a cancel/skip/no I really don't want to use a Passport choice. I'd be more precise, but I can't test here. "Mark M" <MarkM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DBDC16A-8EA8-473D-AC7F-E16B9DCE75D6@microsoft.com... > I don't have an internet connection and I can...

Addressing within Exchange 2003