Error in Exchange 5.5 Public Folder access via Outlook 2000

Hi

We're running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4, with the May 2004 rollup
(841765 - Store.exe and Mdbmsg.dll = 5.5.2658.4)

Outlook 2003 clients can access a shared Public Folders contacts list
fine through the Address Book application, but Outlook 2000 users
can't.

Both groups can see and manipulate the actual folder OK, it's just the
Address Book that's not working (either through the Address Book icon,
or through creating a new mail and clicking on the "To" button and
selecting the folder from there).
Outlook 2000 users see a blank list, with the slider on the right
sized as if for a large amount of addresses (which there is).

An Outlook 2000 user can even create a new folder on the Public Folder
IS, with all the Owner rights, insert data, and still not see it
through the Address Book.

One Outlook 2003 user was running in cached mode but was changed to
Online.
The 841765 patch was applied just after one Outlook 2003 user started
using the server in Online mode.
There are no obvious problems in the Private Information Store, and no
errors (apart from normal IMC errors) in the event log. The IS hasn't
crashed, and the clients seem to work normally in all other ways.

The IS has been restarted, and "isinteg -fix -pub -test alltests" has
been run.
Three warnings and one fix was found on the first pass; on the second
no errors were found.
We're not using OWA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

James
0
p35b (7)

Another wrinkle: If, in the Address Book (Outlook 2000 / New mail / To
/ select shared contacts list) you click on the Find button and enter
an argument, the results are displayed!
Very weird, got me stumped. This is not the normal Office2003 vs
Exchange 5.5 error.

James

> Hi
>
> We're running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4, with the May 2004 rollup
> (841765 - Store.exe and Mdbmsg.dll = 5.5.2658.4)
>
> Outlook 2003 clients can access a shared Public Folders contacts list
> fine through the Address Book application, but Outlook 2000 users
> can't.
>
> Both groups can see and manipulate the actual folder OK, it's just the
> Address Book that's not working (either through the Address Book icon,
> or through creating a new mail and clicking on the "To" button and
> selecting the folder from there).
> Outlook 2000 users see a blank list, with the slider on the right
> sized as if for a large amount of addresses (which there is).
>
> An Outlook 2000 user can even create a new folder on the Public Folder
> IS, with all the Owner rights, insert data, and still not see it
> through the Address Book.
>
> One Outlook 2003 user was running in cached mode but was changed to
> Online.
> The 841765 patch was applied just after one Outlook 2003 user started
> using the server in Online mode.
> There are no obvious problems in the Private Information Store, and no
> errors (apart from normal IMC errors) in the event log. The IS hasn't
> crashed, and the clients seem to work normally in all other ways.
>
> The IS has been restarted, and "isinteg -fix -pub -test alltests" has
> been run.
> Three warnings and one fix was found on the first pass; on the second
> no errors were found.
> We're not using OWA.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> James
0
p35b (7)

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

outlook.exe not terminating
I'm running Office XP with Outlook 2002 under Windows XP Pro, current as of today, except that I have reverted the IE update to the previous version of mshtml.dll that scrolls correctly (this has had no effect on the problem I am about to describe). I typically have a lot of applications running - no big deal as I have a 3.04 P4 with 1GB of memory. A problem that happens several times a day is that outlook.exe remains in the Task Manager process list after I shut Outlook down. In older versions, there used to be a message that said "Please wait while Outlook shuts down&qu...

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Excel not Access

Max number of Rules in Outlook
Hi everyone: Just a simple question that may be a common curiosity: does anyone know what is the max number of rules I can set up in Outlook? I have reached about 70 rules and the I get the message that there is no further space on the server. Maybe it is just a matter of room and the number it is not a limitation? Thanks for answering. Cheers That's it indeed; you can only store up to 32KB of e-mail rules. Disabled rules don't count but you're properly better of combining some rules or see if they are still needed. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the mo...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Crash on 'Send"

Exchange update problem