Error ID 1016 (Network Compromise)

I've been going through my event logs, and starting two days ago, I've seen domain users showing up in Error ID 1016 with the following message: domain\username has logged on to domain\username's mailbox and is not the Primary WinNT account.

It would suggest that someone is reading someone else's mail. However, it's rampant- I'm receiving the error from multiple users accessing multiple mailboxes. It does not coincide with a backup and I've never seen the message prior to two days ago? What on earth is this?

Additionally, I had a strong password (just changed it). I changed the admin password and the Exchange service account password (both strong).

Any one have any ideas? I'm really concerned with this issue.

Thanks, all.

Best Regards,
Damon N.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I'm running Exchange 5.5 SPK 4 on a Windows 2000 Server.

"Damon N." wrote:

> I've been going through my event logs, and starting two days ago, I've seen domain users showing up in Error ID 1016 with the following message: domain\username has logged on to domain\username's mailbox and is not the Primary WinNT account.
>
> It would suggest that someone is reading someone else's mail. However, it's rampant- I'm receiving the error from multiple users accessing multiple mailboxes. It does not coincide with a backup and I've never seen the message prior to two days ago? What on earth is this?
>
> Additionally, I had a strong password (just changed it). I changed the admin password and the Exchange service account password (both strong).
>
> Any one have any ideas? I'm really concerned with this issue.
>
> Thanks, all.
>
> Best Regards,
> Damon N.

0
DamonN (2)
6/18/2004 5:40:01 PM
Start here
http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=true&Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&withinResults=&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Product=msall&Queryc=1016+exchange&Query=1016+exchange&KeywordType=ALL&maxResults=150&Titles=false&numDays=&InCC=on

--
Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain.
http://spf.pobox.com

0
kpalagin5422 (293)
6/18/2004 6:40:35 PM
I've read through that information and it didn't seem to apply, that's why I'm here. I also checked the EventID website and googled it. The information returned seemed marginal, or to apply to fixes to issues we're not experiencing.

"Kirill S. Palagin" wrote:

> Start here
> http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=true&Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&withinResults=&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Product=msall&Queryc=1016+exchange&Query=1016+exchange&KeywordType=ALL&maxResults=150&Titles=false&numDays=&InCC=on
>
> Damon N. wrote:
>
> > Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I'm running Exchange 5.5 SPK 4 on a
> > Windows 2000 Server.
> >
> > "Damon N." wrote:
> >

> >> I've been going through my event logs, and starting two days ago,
> >> I've seen domain users showing up in Error ID 1016 with the
> >> following message: domain\username has logged on to
> >> domain\username's mailbox and is not the Primary WinNT account.
> >>
> >> It would suggest that someone is reading someone else's mail.
> >> However, it's rampant- I'm receiving the error from multiple users
> >> accessing multiple mailboxes. It does not coincide with a backup
> >> and I've never seen the message prior to two days ago? What on
> >> earth is this?
> >>
> >> Additionally, I had a strong password (just changed it). I changed
> >> the admin password and the Exchange service account password (both
> >> strong).
> >>
> >> Any one have any ideas? I'm really concerned with this issue.
> >>
> >> Thanks, all.
> >>
> >> Best Regards, Damon N.
> >>

> --
> Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain.
> http://spf.pobox.com

0
DamonN (2)

KBArticle.Create() error
Hello, I've been trying to create KB articles through the SDK, and am having troube submitting the content of the article. I quieried other articles to get the articlexml strucutre, but when I try to submit this, it comes back with an error that it has too many tags (I.E. doesn't know the sub-format), but then if I create it all as CDATA it still comes up Blank. Any Ideas ...

"there has been an error reading or writing the file"
I have been having numerous problems lately with my Mny delux 2005. 1. portfolio does not show correct "Market Value" of most securities most of the time, 2. Lines listing securities on portfolio manager are duplicated and change upon being floated over by the mouse curser and 3. the program blows out after displaying the error message, "there has been an error reading or writing the file" after folowing the intructions at: http://help.msn.com/(ZmlsdGVyPUNEX0RMWCZwcm9qZWN0PW1vbmV5MDUmbWFya2V0PWVuLVVTJmN1PSZ0bXQ9dG1wOUYudG1wIC0gTWljcm9zb2Z0IE1vbmV5JmtjPSZmb3JtYXQ9)/help...

How come code inside a false condition is causing an error
How come code inside a false condition is causing an error? I have the following code with a condition that is false (lets say 1=2.) How come I get an error that is related to the code inside if the condition is false? Msg 927, Level 14, State 2, Line 3 Database 'NMS' cannot be opened. It is in the middle of a restore. The code IF 1= 2 begin select * FROM NMS..MR_BackupHistory end The error in case it is executed when the db is being restored. Msg 927, Level 14, State 2, Line 3 Database 'NMS' cannot be opened. It is in the middle of a rest...

1018 error while taking bkp in exchange 5.5
We have transfered all the mails to local pst file. I don't have onlne backup to restore to eliminate 1018 error.Offline bakup what I have is one month old, will it resolve the problem if I restore that. I have only option to run eseutil /p (hard repair) on database. what will be the implication on site. Kidly suggest. >-----Original Message----- >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;812531 >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;314917 >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;151789 >Basically you have to restor...

CRM Network Solutions
Hi, We are looking to install Microsoft CRM in a business that has two office locations. What would be the networking solutions for this? Does anyone have any network infrastructure examples? Thanks Hi, Are your two offices connected via a VPN? If so, since Microsoft CRM is a web based app, you can install it in one of your offices, and both offices can use internet explorer to access CRM. The actual server hardware will depend on how many users you'll want to serve. For example, in our corporation, most of our users are onsite. However, we do have some remote users,,,we have VPN c...

Error message in windows mail 12-21-09
I just set up my account and the existing messages imported fine, but when I try to send mail I get the following error: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'new e-mail', Account: 'mail.td-wm.com', Server: 'mail.td-wm.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Please help. Double check that all your account settings are correct. If they are, then e-mail scanning is a likely...

Can't open file: "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID"
I'm running Microsoft Excel v.X on a Mac with Panther (OS X). An Excel file which I used a lot now cannot be opened - it says "The .VBP file for this project contains an invalid or corrupt library references ID". I have no idea what this is - it's a single file with just 2 sheets in it, and is fairly simple - no links to outside objects, no graphics, etc. Just a single file. What can I do to get it opened?? Microsoft Word can read it, but I'd like to keep working on it in Excel... Thanks in advance! Mike Levin ...

CRM HTTP Error 401.1 IIS
Hei, I installed CRM on the Windows Server 2003 on three box for 100 users. All users registred in the CRM Server and working on the clients. A: 1 for Active Directory Domain controler (ADSRV) B: 1 for SQL 2000 + CRM Server ver 1.2 (CRMSRV) C: 1 for Exchange Server 2003 (EXSRV) i have one problem that when i type http://crmwebsite on the CRMSRV then i get "HTTP Error 401.1, Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials. Internet Information Services (IIS)". When i try it on the ADSRV then it works well. It is also working well on the client c...

Can I share the calenda and contact between computers on the network
I have few staff in my company. I want to share the same calenda and contact with all my staff. How can I do it? Dear Chris, are you using Exchange? If not, on this site is an article on various ways to share Outlook data: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011477571033.aspx You will also find a list of third-party sharing tools: http://www.mapistore.com/Outlook/Groupware http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Notebook synchronisation for Outlook: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware.com &qu...

sp 6 Payroll tax update error
client attempted to install Rd 6 payroll tax update and code. The TX.cab file was successful but code update was successful on 2 databases then errored out on the third. She rec'd error: 'The stored procedure smGrantAccessOnAccountMSTR returned the following results: DBMS: 0 MicrosoftDyanmics GP' Has anyone experienced the same? Thanks, Debi And the error is? DBMS: 0, Microsoft Dynamics GP: ? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot....

My Network Places
For some reason, when I click on Start | Run | Browse, My Network Places is not one of the options to Browse. My Network Places is on the desktop and works normally. The options available are My Recent Documents, Desktop, My Documents, and My Computer. It's a fresh build of XP on this machine, so I've probably forgotten to configure something. msnews.microsoft.com wrote: > For some reason, when I click on Start | Run | Browse, My Network > Places is not one of the options to Browse. My Network Places is on > the desktop and works normally. The options available ar...

error numbers
Does anyone know if microsoft has a way to look up errors and their resolution by ERROR NUMBER? I have never found anything like that. Now they have something called "Events and Errors Message Center" but even that doesn't appear to let one look up errors by error number! Thanks Hi, Fredrated schrieb: > Does anyone know if microsoft has a way to look up errors and their > resolution by ERROR NUMBER? > > I have never found anything like that. Now they have something called > "Events and Errors Message Center" but even that doesn't appear to...

OWA HTTP Error
Hi all I have just installed a new Exchange 2000 server and have tried to set up OWA 2000 but keep getting a HTTP error 404 file not found. The history is that the exchange used to be on the DC and ISA box and OWA was set up and working before although there was no reference to this in ISA so Im not sure how it worked! Troubleshooting I have done:- I am able to get to the exchange from internal using http://servername/exchange and it works fine I have set up OWA , I made the necessary adjustments to IIS ON THE EXCHANGE SERVER, allowing basic authentication and then published the web ser...

Error while import BCM Database into CRM 3.0
I am trying to import BCM Database into CRM 3.0 When I run " Data Migration for Microsoft Outlook Business Contact Manager" wizard I get an unexpected error. Can someone help ? thanks Here is the Log: 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: Welcome screen. To: PreconditionCheck screen. 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Connecting to Microsoft CRM Shamir_Systems_MSCRM 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Checking that Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack is installed: Success 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Establishing connection to CDF database: Success 8/21/2007 5:1...

Event ID in Application Log
I am currently running Exchange 2003 SP1 on both my Front-end and Back-end Servers. I am getting the Event ID 7200 on the Front-end Server. The error that I'm getting is "Background thread FDoUpdateCatalog halted on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (FRONT-END)" due to error code 0x80004005. " I am not running any Full-Text Indexing, it has never been installed. I am also not running any type of Virus scan on this server. It is occuring every 30 minutes on the dot. I have researched for the past two days and can very little information on how to re...

Error sending Excel worksheet as an attachment
If anyone can give a hand in this that would be awesome. One of our users in this office is unable to send and Excel 2000 worksheet as an attachment when selecting File > send to > Mail Recipient (as Attachment). She can send to Mail Recipient just fine (in the body of the e- mail)... and is she just right clicks the file and sends to recipient it sends fine as an attachment... she only can't send it this one way (as above). She gets the Outlook error: "The action could not be completed" and when she clicks OK to that error she gets the Excel error: "Genera...

Creating Formula with Embedded Variable ID
I need to create a single formula for my workbook that references cells from various tabs (over 20) in another workbook. I want to copy this formula into multiple tabs within my workbook. My workbook and the external workbook have the same number of and identically named tabs. I want to embed a variable into the formula that will take on the name of the tab that the formula is copied to. I imagine the formula would look something like this: ='K:\Sales Reports\[Ohio Team, Mar-21-2004.xls]variable_identifying_the_tab_goes_here'!D1 I know I can use the following formula to derive th...

Error code 57E
I have Vista 32 bit XP windows Home Premium. Try to install 2007 Microsoft System KB972581 and Visio Viewer 2007 Service Pact 2, stalls at 50% install, however any other updates are installed. I have turned off the firewall and Microsoft Security Essentials and tried to install after, and still error code 57E on these 2 updates. The updates that did install are as follows... Cumulative Security Active X Killbits Microsoft Outlook 2007 Junk Mail Filter Security Essentials for Microsoft Office Windows Malicious Removal Tool Security Update I had this problem before with the SP2 ...

Technical error

error in receiving messages.
I started getting an error message last night when I tryed to set my emails, and am still getting the same message this morning. The message is as follows The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.charter.net', Server: 'mail.charter.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E What so I need to do. Thanks, Bill "bransn1" <bransn1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:774E5DA8-C0DB-4354-8C35-A8482F1876EA@microsoft.com... >I started getting an error message last n...

custom errors in HRESULT
We have methods that all return HRESULT. We want to also report our custom error values in HRESULT. What's the right way to do this? "Sasha" <Sasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87F67172-76EA-4B3D-9FEE-EBFC687F83D0@microsoft.com... > We have methods that all return HRESULT. We want to also report our custom > error values in HRESULT. What's the right way to do this? See "Error Handling (COM)" at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/com/html/15f3ae3e-1794-4948-a7aa-6309a703364b.asp In particular, read the section on "Usi...

Run-time error 438?
Hello, I am trying to create an edit control for my form. I lock my textboxes in properties and then I created a command button with an event on onclick. My codes are working for most of them expect a few. When I click the button it gives me Run-time error 438. My code is based liked this. Me![Control].Locked=False Private Sub Edit_Record_Click() Me![Drago ID].Locked = False Me![Drago Claim Number].Locked = False Me![Dealer Claim Number].Locked = False Me![Dealer].Locked = False Me![Store].Locked = False Me![Machine Acres].Locked = False Me![Part Fail Date].Locked = False - NOT WORKING ...

Business Contact Manager import error
Hi All. I'm using the new Data Migration Pack for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. to import data from Microsoft Business Contact Manager into a new, clean, CRM 3.0 system. The import is failing, and I don't know why. I get as far as Map Users > Map Territories > Mapping Summary. When I click 'Configure' the migration stops with an unexpected error. I've included an extract of the activity log below, which shows more details. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! R 28/03/2006 11:38:11------>Next Screen Request: From ConfigurationSummary screen...

Can't save file in network or hard disk
Receive new xp last week and running excel 2000. The file has 12 tabs and lots of data linking between tabs. Sporadically, I cannot save the file back on the network, cannot save under another name, and cannot even save on the c:drive. The message is "xxx.xls cannot be accessed. The file may be read only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding". The network is not down and I am not disconnected from the network. I do not encounter this problem with the old nt. Other files have less tabs and less c...

Error Message #7
I Get a Error message saying "Not enough system resources to display porperly" when i try to open my excel 2002 Program. What can i do to work in my excel??? But i can access to some level but this error message keeps on coming on the screen.. If you have other programs open at the same time, try starting Excel with them closed.........could be you need more RAM Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Naresh h" <Naresh h@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E0EC63C-8992-483C-9CAD-2DF264A394E1@microsoft.com... > I Get a Error message saying "Not enou...