Error Delegating Administrator Rights & Removing SID

I have recently taken over for a NetAdmin who I believe deleted the account
of the previous NetAdmin rather than disabling it.  Consequently ...

When attempting to use the Exchange Administration delegation wizard to add
or remove a group or a user to the Organization level, I receive the
following error:

Failed to grant permission from company\Exchange_administrators on this
object:/dc=net/dc=company/cn=configuration

Subsequently clicking the [NEXT] button yields:

The delegation wizard could not grant/change permissions for
company\exchange_administrators

I would like to remove (or if I have to, repair) this broken SID and add a
new Exchange Administrator.  Are there any tools to remove or repair broken
SID's or does anyone have any information that could help me at all?

Any thoughts would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,

Jon

0
JT (62)

Hey JT,

I am having the same issue. If you find out the solution, I'd would be great
if you could email it to me:  amanoux_at_hotmail_dot_com

please change the email address with the appropriate symbols (trying to
avoid spam)

Thanks.  I'll be sure to add to this thread if I find out anything as well.

AM

"JT" wrote:

> I have recently taken over for a NetAdmin who I believe deleted the account
> of the previous NetAdmin rather than disabling it.  Consequently ...
>
> When attempting to use the Exchange Administration delegation wizard to add
> or remove a group or a user to the Organization level, I receive the
> following error:
>
> Failed to grant permission from company\Exchange_administrators on this
> object:/dc=net/dc=company/cn=configuration
>
> Subsequently clicking the [NEXT] button yields:
>
> The delegation wizard could not grant/change permissions for
> company\exchange_administrators
>
> I would like to remove (or if I have to, repair) this broken SID and add a
> new Exchange Administrator.  Are there any tools to remove or repair broken
> SID's or does anyone have any information that could help me at all?
>
> Any thoughts would be extremely helpful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon

0
AlfredMx (1)
8/5/2005 1:15:03 AM
No luck at all as of yet.  Google is no help neither are newsgroups.  I am
going to have a hard time justifying a $300 call to Microsoft to the
President on this one.

PLEASE can anyone help!

"JT" wrote:

> I have recently taken over for a NetAdmin who I believe deleted the account
> of the previous NetAdmin rather than disabling it.  Consequently ...
>
> When attempting to use the Exchange Administration delegation wizard to add
> or remove a group or a user to the Organization level, I receive the
> following error:
>
> Failed to grant permission from company\Exchange_administrators on this
> object:/dc=net/dc=company/cn=configuration
>
> Subsequently clicking the [NEXT] button yields:
>
> The delegation wizard could not grant/change permissions for
> company\exchange_administrators
>
> I would like to remove (or if I have to, repair) this broken SID and add a
> new Exchange Administrator.  Are there any tools to remove or repair broken
> SID's or does anyone have any information that could help me at all?
>
> Any thoughts would be extremely helpful.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon

0
JT (62)
8/5/2005 1:36:06 AM
Guys,
I ran into this too. Make sure you are logged onto the ESM as the FULL
Exchange Admin when you are trying to make the changes in the Delegation
Wizard. That fixed it for me.
Steve M.

"JT" wrote:

> No luck at all as of yet.  Google is no help neither are newsgroups.  I am
> going to have a hard time justifying a $300 call to Microsoft to the
> President on this one.
>
> PLEASE can anyone help!
>
> "JT" wrote:
>
> > I have recently taken over for a NetAdmin who I believe deleted the account
> > of the previous NetAdmin rather than disabling it.  Consequently ...
> >
> > When attempting to use the Exchange Administration delegation wizard to add
> > or remove a group or a user to the Organization level, I receive the
> > following error:
> >
> > Failed to grant permission from company\Exchange_administrators on this
> > object:/dc=net/dc=company/cn=configuration
> >
> > Subsequently clicking the [NEXT] button yields:
> >
> > The delegation wizard could not grant/change permissions for
> > company\exchange_administrators
> >
> > I would like to remove (or if I have to, repair) this broken SID and add a
> > new Exchange Administrator.  Are there any tools to remove or repair broken
> > SID's or does anyone have any information that could help me at all?
> >
> > Any thoughts would be extremely helpful.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jon

0
Steve3367 (862)
8/23/2005 4:09:35 PM
That's just the issue...the full Exchange Admin no longer exists.  How would
I determine if my domain account is a true Exchange Admin--I'm in Exchange
Admin security group?

"Steve" wrote:

> Guys,
> I ran into this too. Make sure you are logged onto the ESM as the FULL
> Exchange Admin when you are trying to make the changes in the Delegation
> Wizard. That fixed it for me.
> Steve M.
>
> "JT" wrote:
>
> > No luck at all as of yet.  Google is no help neither are newsgroups.  I am
> > going to have a hard time justifying a $300 call to Microsoft to the
> > President on this one.
> >
> > PLEASE can anyone help!
> >
> > "JT" wrote:
> >
> > > I have recently taken over for a NetAdmin who I believe deleted the account
> > > of the previous NetAdmin rather than disabling it.  Consequently ...
> > >
> > > When attempting to use the Exchange Administration delegation wizard to add
> > > or remove a group or a user to the Organization level, I receive the
> > > following error:
> > >
> > > Failed to grant permission from company\Exchange_administrators on this
> > > object:/dc=net/dc=company/cn=configuration
> > >
> > > Subsequently clicking the [NEXT] button yields:
> > >
> > > The delegation wizard could not grant/change permissions for
> > > company\exchange_administrators
> > >
> > > I would like to remove (or if I have to, repair) this broken SID and add a
> > > new Exchange Administrator.  Are there any tools to remove or repair broken
> > > SID's or does anyone have any information that could help me at all?
> > >
> > > Any thoughts would be extremely helpful.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Jon

0
JT (62)
8/23/2005 4:49:05 PM
JT,
Are you running E2K3? Even as an exchange regular admin (not Full), you
should be able to view all rights assigned to your Exchange Org, before you
would grant rights to someone, by starting the Exchange Delegatin Wizard.
Are you attempting to use the Wizard from the top level e-mail domain level?
Steve M.

"JT" wrote:

> That's just the issue...the full Exchange Admin no longer exists.  How would
> I determine if my domain account is a true Exchange Admin--I'm in Exchange
> Admin security group?
>
> "Steve" wrote:
>
> > Guys,
> > I ran into this too. Make sure you are logged onto the ESM as the FULL
> > Exchange Admin when you are trying to make the changes in the Delegation
> > Wizard. That fixed it for me.
> > Steve M.
> >
> > "JT" wrote:
> >
> > > No luck at all as of yet.  Google is no help neither are newsgroups.  I am
> > > going to have a hard time justifying a $300 call to Microsoft to the
> > > President on this one.
> > >
> > > PLEASE can anyone help!

0
Steve3367 (862)
8/23/2005 6:26:00 PM
Steve,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes E2K3.  I can view all of the permissions however,
as the new admin onsite, I would like to cleanup this invalid account and
delegate a new admin for the server.  Yes, I am attempting to use the Wizard
from the top level e-mail domain level and receive the error.

"Steve" wrote:

> JT,
> Are you running E2K3? Even as an exchange regular admin (not Full), you
> should be able to view all rights assigned to your Exchange Org, before you
> would grant rights to someone, by starting the Exchange Delegatin Wizard.
> Are you attempting to use the Wizard from the top level e-mail domain level?
> Steve M.
>
> "JT" wrote:
>
> > That's just the issue...the full Exchange Admin no longer exists.  How would
> > I determine if my domain account is a true Exchange Admin--I'm in Exchange
> > Admin security group?
> >
> > "Steve" wrote:
> >
> > > Guys,
> > > I ran into this too. Make sure you are logged onto the ESM as the FULL
> > > Exchange Admin when you are trying to make the changes in the Delegation
> > > Wizard. That fixed it for me.
> > > Steve M.

0
JT (62)
8/23/2005 7:26:09 PM
Are you listed with your full domain name in the Administrators Group on
the local machine for the Exchange server?  I had the same error but once
I added myself in the Adminstrator Group on the local server (even though
the Domain Admin group was listed and I was a member of this group) I no
longer received an error and it assigned the delegated rights without any
problems.

I just added my domain account to the local admin group of my ES server with
no luck.  I tried the delegation wizard both on the local machine (logged in
as the domain admin) and on my local machine logged in as myself.  I
appreciate the help though Chris; I really do!

Thanks,

"Chris Sheffield" wrote:

> Are you listed with your full domain name in the Administrators Group on
> the local machine for the Exchange server?  I had the same error but once
> I added myself in the Adminstrator Group on the local server (even though
> the Domain Admin group was listed and I was a member of this group) I no
> longer received an error and it assigned the delegated rights without any
> problems.

0
JT (62)

MSExchangeAL error
I have just gotten this error: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: Address List Synchronization Event ID: 8331 Date: 3/23/2006 Time: 9:16:07 PM User: N/A Computer: SCAPCADC Description: The service threw an unexpected exception which was caught at f:\titanium\dsa\src\lra\abv_dg\lservagent.cpp(4511) For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. The support site says that Exchange Server SP1 will correct this problem. I currently have SBS 2003 and haven't installed the latest Service Pack for this system (I have been installing...

Outlook "Out of Memory Error"
I have a user in our firm. When she sends out a mail item as an attachment in a new e-mail and bcc's 300 people with nothing in the TO: line. After she sends this out, she then goes into her sent items and starts opening up the orginal e-mail and gets the following error " Out of memory or system resources. Close some Windows or programs and try again" Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? This has happened more then once and I can not find a solution to this anywhere. ...

Exchange 2003 SRS & Removing a 5.5 server
I am removing an Exchange 5.5 server from a EX2003 administrative group. I connect with the 5.5 admin to the SRS server for that administrative group and notice 2 things. 1) the connectors I had deleted from the 5.5 server 2 weeks ago appear under the connections in the 5.5 admin 2) when I try to delete the 5.5 server I get a message that there are 190+ mailboxes on the server. All of the mailboxes it claims are there had been moved off of the 5.5 server 2 weeks ago. There appears to be something wrong with the SRS. Can I delete the 5.5 server despite the warning about the mailboxes ...

Outlook ckecks files for errors
Hi, About 50% of the time Outlook thinks it has been closed improperly and it hasn't been. I know for a fact that I closed it using the "X" in the upper right hand corner. This wouldn't be much of a problem except it takes at least 15 mins for Outlook to check the file and it hogs all the resources, I can't even surf the net or open a program. I'd apprecaite any suggestions in helping Outlook realize it isn't crashing. O/S - Windows XP Pro (SP3) Outlook is part of Office 2003 (SP3) 2.4Ghz; 1GB of Ram Thanks Pamala If the startup scanner is ...

A little help with a LNK2019 error?
Recently turned UNICODE on in my project. Builds fine in debug mode. Release gives me only this error on build. " .... error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp___CrtDbgReport referenced in function "public: unsigned short & __thiscall ATL::CSimpleArray<unsigned short,class ATL::CSimpleArrayEqualHelper<unsigned short> >::operator[](int)" (??A?$CSimpleArray@GV?$CSimpleArrayEqualHelper@G@ATL@@@ATL@@QAEAAGH@Z) I can't quite comprehend it. The help system has this.. LNK2019.. In Visual C++ .NET 2003, this error will be generated when /clr is used...

Error Building GDI+ Sample on VC++ 6
Hi, I downloaded GDI+ for VC++ 6 and attempted to build a sample using it. Here's the relevant code snippet: #include "GDIPlusInit.h" .... GdiplusStartupInput gdiplusStartupInput; ULONG_PTR gdiplusToken; GdiplusStartup(&gdiplusToken, &gdiplusStartupInput, NULL); When I try to build this, I get the following errors: GDIPlusInit.h(39) : error C2059: syntax error : '__stdcall' GDIPlusInit.h(39) : error C2091: function returns function GDIPlusInit.h(78) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'NotificationHook' GDIPlusInit...

OMA Error #6
Hi Guys, I am having a nightmare getting mobile access working. I’m testing out Exchange 2003 SP2 with sharepoint on the same host. When accessing the /oma directory I get: A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. + Event 1501 - No user credentials were found in the HTTP request. I have read many postings. Have tried http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/817379 + Basic Auth is enabled on this directory. I have also followed suggestions about sharepoint + exchange being hosted on the same bo...

Error message on closing Outlook
Every time I close down Outlook I have to wait for an error message to come up on my Desktop that says: "MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close..." then it follows with "...please tell MS about this problem." which I USED to click as "yes" but now, only "no" and then have to click a box that says "reopen Outlook" or "close outlook". This must be answered before I can shut down Windows 2000. Try running Detect and Repair from the Outlook Help menu. If you installed your Office version from a network LAN dist...

Insert into with new record causing error
I am using paired listboxes to input information into a table that I would like to have bound by a one to many relationship. With the add button, I have an insert into statement that adds the value to the foreign table and moves that item from the first listbox to the other listbox. This works fine if it is an existing record but if it is a new record it errors because of the relationship of the primary key to foreign key because the autonumber is not excepted yet. I did find that if I put an entry into one of my subforms on one of my pages that it makes the record perminant and the ...

Removing links to other worksheets from within a workbook
I have developed a 400-worksheet workbook and during its evolution I have copied some cells from other worksheets. This has created references to other worksheets that no longer exist, so whenever I open the workbook I get the annoying messages relating to "links not found". I am using Excel 2002. When I select Edit/Links then it shows the offending 4 non-existent spreadsheets but I cannot locate the cells that reference them. When I use the Edit/Find and select Options/Within-Workbook to try to locate the spreadsheet references to these non-existent spreadsheets, no cell refe...

downloading error
I am trying to download Microsoft Publisher 2000 and it gives me an "Error 2349" Anyone knows what error this is that can help me???? Are you using Norton Anti-Virus? Make sure you shut it off before trying to install Pub. Melissa "Connie" <GPPONTE@aol.com> wrote in message news:12AFF242-A0EA-4F47-858D-590C98216DAD@microsoft.com... > I am trying to download Microsoft Publisher 2000 and it gives me an "Error 2349" Anyone knows what error this is that can help me???? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329386 (Did you try Google before you posted h...

Sorting from right to left
Is there any way to sort the right the format from right to left instead of left to right. 123456ABC 123456CBC 123456BBC I like to see that I can sort the last three characters. Thanks Rocky Hi Rocky, Perhaps you can do this. In the column next to your data, B1, enter =Right(A1,3) and fill down to the bottom of your list in column A. Now sort by column B. HTH Regards, Howard "Rocky" <rockylamATyahooDOTcom> wrote in message news:%23gox0KQ%23EHA.2596@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to sort the right the format from right to left instead > of lef...

Getting error c0072afc while trying to access Pulbic Folders node under Folder
I am getting the following error message when I click on the Public Folders node under the Folder in Exchange System Manager. The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found. Facility: Win32 ID no: c0072afc Exchange System Manager I am getting the same error while trying to create a public folder. I am running ESM from the same box on which Exchange is installed and I don't have Outlook installed on that box. Is there a way to fix it other than re-installing Exchange server? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Himanshu ...

GOTO Sub error
I have a form with a sub form. First I do a search to find the correct record. When I try to enter info in the subform after that I get the error GOTO sub error. Any suggestions. "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9495FD4-1AE4-491B-8017-0E58178798C3@microsoft.com... >I have a form with a sub form. First I do a search to find the correct > record. When I try to enter info in the subform after that I get the > error > GOTO sub error. Any suggestions. What's the error number? In VBA code, the only GoTo should...

Business Portal script error in modify advanced role
An error scripts appears below upon Modifying Advanced Roles in Business Portal System.Exception: soap:Server Server was unable to process request --> Error retrieving user information. Parameter name: userID Pls. advice. ...

Item allocation Error
We have run the Inventory-->Utility--Item Reconciliation for a particular Item. It has shown the result with previuos qty and adjusted qty. When we go to Item Inquiry for that item Qty hand 37, QtyAllocatted 2 and Qtyavailable show 35. But when you click allocation link It doesnt display any record containing Qty Allocated 2. We have check SOP10200, SVc..But couldnot find any record for that Item/site. What will be the area which is allocating the item. We are using manufacturing module along with SOP,POP and IVC module Let us know any other areas need to check. Regards Amit Hi, ...

An Error "Interface Not Registered" after Configuring Outlook 03
I Configured my MS office Outlook 2003 to Gmail email Client which was Partly sucessful but i am not able to send mail it gives an error message "INTERFACE NOT REGISTRED" i am not able to use Outlook please help tarun123v <tarun123v@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I Configured my MS office Outlook 2003 to Gmail email Client which > was Partly sucessful but i am not able to send mail it gives an error > message "INTERFACE NOT REGISTRED" i am not able to use Outlook > please help Try this. CLick Start>Run and enter regsvr32 ole32.dll in the...

remove account shared rights
I have a CRM 1.2 Installation. I removed an account from AD before removing it from CRM. I have contacted support and went through the steps to reassign all the accounts, I have downloaded and installed the 1.2 updates related to this issue. I still have a problem related to this user and sharing on contacts and other records that were owned by this user. The records are reassigned but I can not remove or change any of the sharing - even if I owned the account as administrator. Is there a fix to this sharing issue. I have looked at artilce 835319, applied all the steps as indicated ye...

Error message for data table
I tried to change a data table and now I cannot get the information that was there before or move on I am using a school lab from and everytime I try to reopen Excel it takes me dirrectly to the page with the error. So I need to know how to get it to let me refresh or delete the data table and start over. Hi, I think you need to contact the administrator of the lab. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Abigail" <Abigail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C19ED7B6-8EDA-4549-A98D-8C85093C3327@microsoft.com... >I tri...

Error question
I am running Windows XP Professional and Outlook 2002 on my local computer that is networked to several servers. I am current on all the system and Office service packs. When I try to access files on one server to send as attachments in Outlook, I get the following message: "The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you." Outlook stalls and will not open the server files to allow me to find the attachment. I am mapped correctly to that server. Can anyone offer any help? Much appreciated. ...

Getting an error in my xml schema editor code.
Hi, I have an xsd file like this. <xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="generic" elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="generic"> <xsd:element name="bookstore" type="bookstoreType"/> <xsd:complexType name="bookstoreType"> <xsd:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xsd:element name="book" type="bookType"/> </xsd:sequence> </xsd:complexType> <xsd:complexType name="bookType&q...

How do I remove bold from equaiton editor?
Even though bold is not selected in the style menu, the equations that I create are all in bold. I can't turn it off. Any ideas. Please specify version of Word and OS (Win XP?, Mac OS 10?). -- Bob Mathews Director of Training Design Science, Inc. bobm at dessci.com http://www.dessci.com/free.asp?free=news FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor On 18-Jan-2010, George wrote: > Even though bold is not selected in the style menu, the > equations that I create are all in bold. I can't turn it...

Error opening application
We have a database that was used in Access 2003. We upgraded our computer and software and now we have Access 2007. When trying to run this database we get the error "Error in opening application: 429 Error creating CSetupInfo". Any idea what this error could mean? What other info would you need to know from me? thanks Bart Bart, is the new computer running Windows Vista? If so, see: Errors using multiple versions of Access under Vista at: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://...

Outlook in Office XP Professional Errors
Hi All, I have a PC running Windows 2000 professional (SP4) and Office XP Professional and use Outlook for email. Until a few days ago it worked fine, now when I try to send/receive I get the message "Task 'David' - Sending and receiving reported error 0x80040600:'Unknown error 0x80040600' on the two accounts I have. I have checkd the knowledge base to avail. Help!! Thanks. Dave Have you tried deleting and recreating the accounts? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and...

Integration Manager error #2
Is anyone familiar with this error from the Itegration Manager: "DOC 1 ERROR: Could not locate the Integration Manager sanScript library." I get this when running a payroll transaction integreation. The import file is a flat text file located on a network drive. IM runs other integrations on this PC. Regards, - Greg Crowe ...