Error creating Distribution group SBS 2003/Exchange 2003

When I try and create a mail enabled dist group I get an error message that
"Exchange could not create public folder" Then if I choose OK it says "Do you
want to keep this dist group?"

I have tried everything I can think of. We have to create these folders
ASAP. How can I troubleshoot this? I tried network monitoring but that didn't
help - unless I am doing something wrong. SBS and Exchange on same server
obviously.

Dan
0
Danno (16)

"Danno" <Danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I try and create a mail enabled dist group I get an error message that
>"Exchange could not create public folder" Then if I choose OK it says "Do you
>want to keep this dist group?"

And you're using the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in to
do this? That'd be really weird!

>I have tried everything I can think of. We have to create these folders
>ASAP.

A distribution group isn't a folder. That's leads me to ask what
you're really trying to do.

>How can I troubleshoot this?

You'll have to clarify what you're trying to do. Creating a
distribution group can't be done from the Exchange System Manager, and
creating a Public Folder can't be done from the ADUC snap-in.

>I tried network monitoring but that didn't
>help - unless I am doing something wrong. SBS and Exchange on same server
>obviously.

Well, if it's SBS and you're using all the "wizards" to do this then I
think you should be asing the question in a SBS newsgroup, 'coz
Exchange can't create a distribution group!

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

create e-mail enabled contact by script
hy all im looking for a script or a tool that creates E-MAIL ENABLED contacts. a lot of scripts i found on the internet was able to create contacts, but they didn´t were e-mail enabled. I tried to modify some scripts that creates e-mail enabled user accounts, but it doesn´t work for contacts, because user accounts get their e-mail functionality by creating a mailbox object. This can´t be used for contacts because contacts don´t have a mailbox object. Does someone has an idea? greetings jc "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >im lookin...

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

Administrative Groups
I have 2 Administrative groups with a Exchange 2003 Server in each group. One group is on the other side of campus and is controlled by their Exchange Server Tech. I have delegated control of my server to myself. There are also users from the other server that do not belong in my server and would like to remove them. The problem is, that when I go to remove them it will not , because the user or group is inherited from the organization. How can I remove them from my server and yet not remove them from their server? It sounds like that if I remove them from the orgainization that they wi...

Exchange update problem

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

adding name /creating field/query?

Creating new attributes