Error 80070057 - Problem creating RUS or generate new Offline Address List

I just installed a Exchange 2003 box as new server of a Exchange 5.5 site (exdeploy-tools)

I didn't received any errors during install and mail flow between servers

My issue is when I view the RUS properties it shows only Descriptio
properties and when I try to generate a new RUS service I get the erro

Exchange System Manager

Invalid Argumen
Facility: Win3
ID No: 8007005
Exchange System Manage

I received the same error message when I try to generate a new Address Lis

What is the problem

The exchange service account is member of the following groups: local administrators, domain administrators, domain users.
0
anonymous (74722)

Missing display specifiers will result in that error.

Rerunning setup /forestprep to recreate them is the solution for this. You
should find the display specifiers here:

CN=409,CN=DisplaySpecifiers,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com

409 is for english. In the 409 container (as well as the containers for
other languages) you should have lots of objects that start with msExch...
If you don't, your display specifiers are gone.

--
Cheers,

Steve Antonio
Microsoft Exchange Support

Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup
purposes only.

"Markus Spinger" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I just installed a Exchange 2003 box as new server of a Exchange 5.5 site
(exdeploy-tools).

> I didn't received any errors during install and mail flow between servers.
>
> My issue is when I view the RUS properties it shows only Description
> properties and when I try to generate a new RUS service I get the error
>
> Exchange System Manager:
>
> Invalid Argument
> Facility: Win32
> ID No: 80070057
> Exchange System Manager
>
> I received the same error message when I try to generate a new Address
List

> What is the problem?
>
> The exchange service account is member of the following groups: local
administrators, domain administrators, domain users.

0
steveant (150)
3/1/2004 10:07:28 PM
Thanks. But i re-run also setup /domainprep. Is this a bug
Another problem was event id 8331 (MSEXCHANGEAL?). Now, is running
Best regard
Marku

0
anonymous (74722)
3/2/2004 7:36:06 AM
Yes, the 8331 is a known issue and is fixed in Exchange 2003 SP1, we are
currently working on a backport to Exchange 2003 RTM.

Initial analysis seems to be indicating a threading issue in
multiproc/hyperthreading systems.

--

> Thanks. But i re-run also setup /domainprep. Is this a bug?
> Another problem was event id 8331 (MSEXCHANGEAL?). Now, is running!
> Best regards
> Markus

0
steveant (150)

Want to add new folder to all existing mailboxes
Hello, I'm trying to find a way to add a "junk mail" folder to every mailbox in my site without having to log into each one manually. any ideas thank e "Eric" <ehansen@aruplab.nospam.com> wrote: >Hello, I'm trying to find a way to add a "junk mail" folder to every mailbox in my site without having to log into each one manually. any ideas? >thanks >e Well, if you've got an anti virus or anti spam product that's Exchange integrated then the package will generate them automatically. If you haven't, then deply Outlook 2003. If y...

Problems with Public Folders replication
Hi guys, Some problems here. We have decided to install Exchange server 2003 SP1 on a new hardware with W2k3 SP1 on a new DC (yes, I know it is a bad practice, but...) instead of old Exchange server 2003 SP1 on an old DC on an old hardware. New one (additional) DC was brought live (with some minor problems, DNS, time, as always) without FSMO delegation (for now). Replication of users' accounts was smooth. Logs clear. After Exchange 2003 SP1 installation (with some DNS manipulations) also all was Ok. Dcdiag Ok. In ESM all Exchange servers are visible (old and new). So I have started ...

Exchange update problem

SQL deadlock problem

docmd.transfertext problem

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

New Disk storage

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Address book updating...

Offline defragmentation for Priv1
Hello, I have an Exchange 2000 standard server running for a long time. Now the priv1.edb is over 12GB. I have to move mailboxes from priv1 to other storage groups. After the movement, the priv1 has a lot of free space inside the database. I want to have an offline defragmentation to reduce the file so that the backup window can be shorter. I know there are some Exchange service accounts like Microsoft Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector, SMTP, System Attendant, SystemMailbox, etc. are stored in the priv1 database. When I dismount the priv1 for the offline deframentation, does the Exchange ...

hyperlinking email addresses

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

adding name /creating field/query?

transferring to new pc