Envelope Journaling in Exchange 2000

We have been successfully journaling messages on our Exchange 2000 Server for 
a 
few months but have not been successful in implementing Envelope Journaling 
(in order to capture/archive e-mail sent to Exchange distribution lists).  I 
ran the exejcfg -e command and received a success message that indicates 
Envelope Journaling has been enabled.  However, Envelope Journaling is not 
working.  I see reference to an Active Directory setting in "Journaling With 
Exchange 2003" but what specifically needs to be changed is not addressed.  
Is this an Exchange 2003-only setting?  If not, what change needs to be made 
in AD?

Any thoughts on why I have been unsucessful in implementing Envelope 
Journaling?   What am I missing?  Thanks in advance for any guidance you can 
provide.

0
PattyW (7)
4/4/2005 7:43:01 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

6 Replies
289 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 36

Have you gone through the KB and installed the necessary hotfix?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843105


On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:43:01 -0700, "Patty W"
<PattyW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have been successfully journaling messages on our Exchange 2000 Server for 
>a 
>few months but have not been successful in implementing Envelope Journaling 
>(in order to capture/archive e-mail sent to Exchange distribution lists).  I 
>ran the exejcfg -e command and received a success message that indicates 
>Envelope Journaling has been enabled.  However, Envelope Journaling is not 
>working.  I see reference to an Active Directory setting in "Journaling With 
>Exchange 2003" but what specifically needs to be changed is not addressed.  
>Is this an Exchange 2003-only setting?  If not, what change needs to be made 
>in AD?
>
>Any thoughts on why I have been unsucessful in implementing Envelope 
>Journaling?   What am I missing?  Thanks in advance for any guidance you can 
>provide.

0
adavid (8731)
4/4/2005 11:38:40 PM
Andy - the hotfix was installed quite a while ago.  As far as following the 
KB article goes, I did to the best of my ability but admit that I found the 
lack of step-by-step instructions a hinderance.  Besides installing the 
hotfix and running the Exejcfg -e command, what steps are necessary?  Do I 
need to make a change in Active Directory?

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> Have you gone through the KB and installed the necessary hotfix?
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843105
> 
> 
> On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:43:01 -0700, "Patty W"
> <PattyW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> >We have been successfully journaling messages on our Exchange 2000 Server for 
> >a 
> >few months but have not been successful in implementing Envelope Journaling 
> >(in order to capture/archive e-mail sent to Exchange distribution lists).  I 
> >ran the exejcfg -e command and received a success message that indicates 
> >Envelope Journaling has been enabled.  However, Envelope Journaling is not 
> >working.  I see reference to an Active Directory setting in "Journaling With 
> >Exchange 2003" but what specifically needs to be changed is not addressed.  
> >Is this an Exchange 2003-only setting?  If not, what change needs to be made 
> >in AD?
> >
> >Any thoughts on why I have been unsucessful in implementing Envelope 
> >Journaling?   What am I missing?  Thanks in advance for any guidance you can 
> >provide.
> 
> 
0
PattyW (7)
4/5/2005 1:43:05 PM
Ensure that: 
"Note You can also turn on envelope journaling manually. To do this,
set the decimal value 512 on the heuristics property of the Exchange
organization object in the Active Directory directory service
Configuration container. When you clear the 512 value on the
heuristics property, Exchange 2000 post-SP3 and Exchange 2003 SP1
return to the default, standard journaling. "




On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 06:43:05 -0700, "Patty W"
<PattyW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Andy - the hotfix was installed quite a while ago.  As far as following the 
>KB article goes, I did to the best of my ability but admit that I found the 
>lack of step-by-step instructions a hinderance.  Besides installing the 
>hotfix and running the Exejcfg -e command, what steps are necessary?  Do I 
>need to make a change in Active Directory?
>
>"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:
>
>> Have you gone through the KB and installed the necessary hotfix?
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843105
>> 
>> 
>> On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:43:01 -0700, "Patty W"
>> <PattyW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> 
>> >We have been successfully journaling messages on our Exchange 2000 Server for 
>> >a 
>> >few months but have not been successful in implementing Envelope Journaling 
>> >(in order to capture/archive e-mail sent to Exchange distribution lists).  I 
>> >ran the exejcfg -e command and received a success message that indicates 
>> >Envelope Journaling has been enabled.  However, Envelope Journaling is not 
>> >working.  I see reference to an Active Directory setting in "Journaling With 
>> >Exchange 2003" but what specifically needs to be changed is not addressed.  
>> >Is this an Exchange 2003-only setting?  If not, what change needs to be made 
>> >in AD?
>> >
>> >Any thoughts on why I have been unsucessful in implementing Envelope 
>> >Journaling?   What am I missing?  Thanks in advance for any guidance you can 
>> >provide.
>> 
>> 

0
adavid (8731)
4/5/2005 2:56:30 PM
Sorry to be dumb but I don't see an "Active Directory directory service 
configuration container" on the server and couldn't find an extension snap-in 
for it in mmc. 

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> Ensure that: 
> "Note You can also turn on envelope journaling manually. To do this,
> set the decimal value 512 on the heuristics property of the Exchange
> organization object in the Active Directory directory service
> Configuration container. When you clear the 512 value on the
> heuristics property, Exchange 2000 post-SP3 and Exchange 2003 SP1
> return to the default, standard journaling. "
> 
> 
> 
> 
> On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 06:43:05 -0700, "Patty W"
> <PattyW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> >Andy - the hotfix was installed quite a while ago.  As far as following the 
> >KB article goes, I did to the best of my ability but admit that I found the 
> >lack of step-by-step instructions a hinderance.  Besides installing the 
> >hotfix and running the Exejcfg -e command, what steps are necessary?  Do I 
> >need to make a change in Active Directory?
> >
> >"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you gone through the KB and installed the necessary hotfix?
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843105
> >> 
> >> 
> >> On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:43:01 -0700, "Patty W"
> >> <PattyW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >> 
> >> >We have been successfully journaling messages on our Exchange 2000 Server for 
> >> >a 
> >> >few months but have not been successful in implementing Envelope Journaling 
> >> >(in order to capture/archive e-mail sent to Exchange distribution lists).  I 
> >> >ran the exejcfg -e command and received a success message that indicates 
> >> >Envelope Journaling has been enabled.  However, Envelope Journaling is not 
> >> >working.  I see reference to an Active Directory setting in "Journaling With 
> >> >Exchange 2003" but what specifically needs to be changed is not addressed.  
> >> >Is this an Exchange 2003-only setting?  If not, what change needs to be made 
> >> >in AD?
> >> >
> >> >Any thoughts on why I have been unsucessful in implementing Envelope 
> >> >Journaling?   What am I missing?  Thanks in advance for any guidance you can 
> >> >provide.
> >> 
> >> 
> 
> 
0
PattyW (7)
4/5/2005 3:39:09 PM
Use something like adsiedit.msc
Under Configuration
CN=Services
CN=Microsoft Exchange
Right Click /Properties
Look for the heuristics property.



On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 08:39:09 -0700, "Patty W"
<PattyW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Sorry to be dumb but I don't see an "Active Directory directory service 
>configuration container" on the server and couldn't find an extension snap-in 
>for it in mmc. 
>
>"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:
>
>> Ensure that: 
>> "Note You can also turn on envelope journaling manually. To do this,
>> set the decimal value 512 on the heuristics property of the Exchange
>> organization object in the Active Directory directory service
>> Configuration container. When you clear the 512 value on the
>> heuristics property, Exchange 2000 post-SP3 and Exchange 2003 SP1
>> return to the default, standard journaling. "
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 06:43:05 -0700, "Patty W"
>> <PattyW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> 
>> >Andy - the hotfix was installed quite a while ago.  As far as following the 
>> >KB article goes, I did to the best of my ability but admit that I found the 
>> >lack of step-by-step instructions a hinderance.  Besides installing the 
>> >hotfix and running the Exejcfg -e command, what steps are necessary?  Do I 
>> >need to make a change in Active Directory?
>> >
>> >"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Have you gone through the KB and installed the necessary hotfix?
>> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843105
>> >> 
>> >> 
>> >> On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:43:01 -0700, "Patty W"
>> >> <PattyW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> >> 
>> >> >We have been successfully journaling messages on our Exchange 2000 Server for 
>> >> >a 
>> >> >few months but have not been successful in implementing Envelope Journaling 
>> >> >(in order to capture/archive e-mail sent to Exchange distribution lists).  I 
>> >> >ran the exejcfg -e command and received a success message that indicates 
>> >> >Envelope Journaling has been enabled.  However, Envelope Journaling is not 
>> >> >working.  I see reference to an Active Directory setting in "Journaling With 
>> >> >Exchange 2003" but what specifically needs to be changed is not addressed.  
>> >> >Is this an Exchange 2003-only setting?  If not, what change needs to be made 
>> >> >in AD?
>> >> >
>> >> >Any thoughts on why I have been unsucessful in implementing Envelope 
>> >> >Journaling?   What am I missing?  Thanks in advance for any guidance you can 
>> >> >provide.
>> >> 
>> >> 
>> 
>> 

0
adavid (8731)
4/5/2005 4:49:37 PM
Thanks - I believe I found my way to the correct place and changed the value 
to 512:

CN=Microsoft Exchange System Object Properties
Class: msExchSystemObjectsContainer
Select a property to view: Heuristics
Attribute Values - Syntax: INTEGER, Value(s): 512

I made the change a few hours ago but it doesn't look like Envelope 
Journaling is working as of yet.  Is a reboot required?

Thanks again for your help!

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> Use something like adsiedit.msc
> Under Configuration
> CN=Services
> CN=Microsoft Exchange
> Right Click /Properties
> Look for the heuristics property.
> 
> 
> 
> On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 08:39:09 -0700, "Patty W"
> <PattyW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> >Sorry to be dumb but I don't see an "Active Directory directory service 
> >configuration container" on the server and couldn't find an extension snap-in 
> >for it in mmc. 
> >
> >"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:
> >
> >> Ensure that: 
> >> "Note You can also turn on envelope journaling manually. To do this,
> >> set the decimal value 512 on the heuristics property of the Exchange
> >> organization object in the Active Directory directory service
> >> Configuration container. When you clear the 512 value on the
> >> heuristics property, Exchange 2000 post-SP3 and Exchange 2003 SP1
> >> return to the default, standard journaling. "
> >> 
> >> 
> >> 
> >> 
> >> On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 06:43:05 -0700, "Patty W"
> >> <PattyW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >> 
> >> >Andy - the hotfix was installed quite a while ago.  As far as following the 
> >> >KB article goes, I did to the best of my ability but admit that I found the 
> >> >lack of step-by-step instructions a hinderance.  Besides installing the 
> >> >hotfix and running the Exejcfg -e command, what steps are necessary?  Do I 
> >> >need to make a change in Active Directory?
> >> >
> >> >"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> Have you gone through the KB and installed the necessary hotfix?
> >> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843105
> >> >> 
> >> >> 
> >> >> On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 12:43:01 -0700, "Patty W"
> >> >> <PattyW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >> >> 
> >> >> >We have been successfully journaling messages on our Exchange 2000 Server for 
> >> >> >a 
> >> >> >few months but have not been successful in implementing Envelope Journaling 
> >> >> >(in order to capture/archive e-mail sent to Exchange distribution lists).  I 
> >> >> >ran the exejcfg -e command and received a success message that indicates 
> >> >> >Envelope Journaling has been enabled.  However, Envelope Journaling is not 
> >> >> >working.  I see reference to an Active Directory setting in "Journaling With 
> >> >> >Exchange 2003" but what specifically needs to be changed is not addressed.  
> >> >> >Is this an Exchange 2003-only setting?  If not, what change needs to be made 
> >> >> >in AD?
> >> >> >
> >> >> >Any thoughts on why I have been unsucessful in implementing Envelope 
> >> >> >Journaling?   What am I missing?  Thanks in advance for any guidance you can 
> >> >> >provide.
> >> >> 
> >> >> 
> >> 
> >> 
> 
> 
0
PattyW (7)
4/5/2005 9:35:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Page Numbers in Publisher 2000
I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page umbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. Instead my page #10 is labeled page #1. Can anyone help and let me know if this is possible with this software? Thanks. -- Kay -- Kay Correction "Kay" wrote: > I am completing our Employee Handbook and do not want page numbers on my first 9 pages. Page 10 is the first one I want numbered beginning with page #1. > Instead my page #10 is labeled page #10. Can anyone help and let me know if > this is possibl...

Updating Clustered Exchange
Hi People, I've an Exchange 2003 SP2 A/P cluster on 2003 Sp1 Ent. servers and I'm wondering about the best way to apply my Windows OS Updates. I presume it's just a case of... * applying updates to my passive node, reboot if required * move resources to updated node * apply updates to new passive node Am I correct?I've had a scout around Thanks for your help, Orb. I do it like that. -- ~~~~ Javier Crespo Martinez Information Technology Service University of Cantabria, Spain "Orbital" wrote: > Hi People, > > I've an Exchange 2003 SP2 A/P c...

Exchange 2003 services list
Hi All, i want to know the services list for exchange 2003 and what they are doing, any web link or reference willbe helpful thanks in advance regards shajahan ...

Using outlook 2003 do I need exchange server to share databases?
We are considering upgrading to outlook 2003. Can I and my assistant share my database of contacts and calendar? thanks for any information See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm MeNotHome wrote: > We are considering upgrading to outlook 2003. Can I and my assistant > share my database of contacts and calendar? > > thanks for any information Is this a realiable option? Thanks On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:47:56 -0500, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote: >See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/...

Broken links between journal entries and contacts
Outlook 98; standalone workstation; Win2000 Pro After reinstalling O98, I restored the data to the new setup via use of the old .pst file. When I open the Journals folder, they are all there. However, when I view the Journal tab of each contact there are no journal entries to be found there. How can I get the journal entries linked again to their related contacts? I have several hundred contacts, and an equal number of journal entries. Knack <zymatiikNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote: > After reinstalling O98, I restored the data to the new setup via use > of the old .pst file. > &...

Downgrade Outlook 2002 to 2000?
I recently purchased a PDA and it came with Outlook 2002 so I upgraded. The problem is that all my other Office applications are 2000, so I cannot use Word 2000 to compose email messages any more. I have since discovered that the PDA will work just fine with Outlook 98 or later. Is it possible to remove Outlook 2002 and replace it with 2000? Cal. uninstall it, reboot, reinstall 2000 and reboot. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual Qu...

Corrupt .mny file in Money 2000.
I'm pretty sure my .mny file got corrupted. When I start Money 2000, everything is normal for the first few seconds. I can see my account balances etc. Then I get a message that Windows XP must close Money and there is an error message about 'floating point division by zero'. I've tried every salvage utility I could find and nothing has worked. I've also read thru a ton of threads in this and other groups and have come up dry. I've opened a case with Microsoft, but that hasn't worked either. They just suggest to try the salvage utilities. I do have a ba...

NDR on Exchange 5.5
Hello, I need help from experts. How can I prevent exchange 5.5 to send NDRs to extern sender. Thanks for answers. D. Ruehling For non-existent users? Sorry, you can't. "Detlef" <detlef.ruehling@eho.tfed.de> wrote in message news:56b301c3e5b5$775c12f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I need help from experts. > > How can I prevent exchange 5.5 to send NDRs to extern > sender. > > Thanks for answers. > > D. Ruehling Hi Susan, I think I read an article in a pc magazine in the Tips and Tricks or something a long time ago that suggested ...

IIS SMTP service as anSMTP Gateway to Exchange 5.5
I could use some input on what I am proposing below. Setup: Win2K wiht IIS 5.o SMTP service setup relaying to a NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 box. (this is all working great) I have this setup to allow for Spam and Virus filtering amoung other reasons. Side note: because of things out of my control both oxes are avaible to the internet on some ports POP SMTP RPC etc.. I can't change this. Here's my problem: With this MyDoom virus I have noticed a problem with my present setup. Because I have POP3 users as well. They acccess the back exchange box. We have an A record for it. an...

upgrade exchange 2k hardware
Hi all, I'm reviewing our server hardware and am considering moving my exchange 2k std to a newer machine. I'm running a win2k domain and exchange is on a 2k member server. There are no other exchange servers. This would be a hardware move only. I would like to emulate the old system onto the new as much as possible (i.e. the os would remain a 2k member server, etc). Is there a guide out there outlining the steps for such a move? Thanks! here's some info, if you wish to keep the same server name, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297289/en-us but the better way is usuall...

Re-installing IMS on Exchange Server 5.5
Hi! I deleted the Internet Mail Service (IMS) from my exchange server because I wanted to try to set it up from scratch again. The only problem is that when I choose File-New Other-Internet Mail Service and go through the steps, it gives me an error msg at the last step where I fill in the password for the service-account that runs the Microsoft Exchange Directory-service. I know I'm typing the correct password and I have even tried to change the user and use the correct password for this other user. I still keep getting the error msg saying: "Logon Failure: unknown username or bad p...

Move Exchange server
Can someone point me to a KB article that covers the steps that need to be taken to move an exchange server to a different OU. I understand that the System Attendant service must be restarted. Unless I have microsoft documentation stating that it's O.K. to move the OU, I won't be able to do it. Thank you! On Tue, 17 May 2005 05:58:07 -0700, "Exchange help" <Exchangehelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can someone point me to a KB article that covers the steps that need to be >taken to move an exchange server to a different OU. I understand that the &...

RFaxGate Error on Exchange 2k3
The description for Event ID ( 7107 ) in Source ( RFaxGate ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Unable to query the rows in the mail list. Error (0x8004010f). I'm getting following message in application log of Exchanges server. We've got Exchange 2k3 with sp2 and latest patches on W2k3 cluster(active-passive-recommende...

Exchange 2010 Hub/CAS
I am in the process of transitioning from Exchange 2003 SP2 to Exchange 2010. I've set up 2 servers running Exchange 2010 with combined Hub Transport and Client Access roles. I am using Windows Load Balancing for the CAS array. My understanding is that the Hub Transport roles will automatically load balance. In front of these servers I have a firewall and an email filtering server. The firewall routes all SMTP traffic to the email filter server. The email filter server then routes allowed mail to my existing Exchange 2003 front-end server, which then delivers the mail to the ...

Outlook 2000 slow at opening new emails
Hello... We have a WinXP Pro laptop on a NT network with Outlook 2000 on it, the laptop has a standard network conection and syncs emails when off-line. It also has a bluetooth connection, but the default connection is a standard network port. When a new email comes in and the user tries to open the email Outlook hangs. We did do a system restore which seemed to help but the problem comes back again. No new software had been added so I'm not sure why a system restore worked, initially. Could it be something to do with the network connection and email sync...or what? It's the company ...

problems with document converted back to publisher 2000
I am trying to send a flyer that was created in publisher 2003 to a client - she requested that I convert it to Publisher 2000. I went in and saved it as a new document in the 2000 format, but when trying to email it as an attachment to her it stalls in my outbox and will not send. Any ideas? Lynette The file is probably too big. Try sending it thru yousendit.com. It's a free service. Warn her about the size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Lyn11vw" <Lyn11vw@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Failover Exchange Servers
If I have an Exchange 2000/2003 server located at a colo and another Exchange Server 2000/2003 server located in my building, can Exchange be configured so that any email that comes to my company, would hit the first server and then forward a copy to the Exchange server that is sitting in my building? The users would have their default be the Exchange Server at the building but if something were to go happen, power outage etc, I could change their setting to point to the Exchange server that is located at the colo and they could continue running with access to all their email, etc? I know th...

OWA and multiple Exchange Servers
Hi, I'll first sketch my situation: 3 Exchange-servers (exch1,2 and 3), all in the same domain but on differtent locations. Local Domain Name is clientname.local. On one of the servers OWA is configured. Problem: I want all users to use exch1 as their OWA server, regardless of on wich server they actually have their mailbox. It works fine now for users on exch1.clientname.local (wich also has an external DSN entry on the internet (https://companyname.nl/exchange)), but as soon as users that exist on any of the other servers try to log in they get redirect to eg. http://exch2.clientname....

XL 2000 Correlation Matrix
How to do a correlation matrix in Excel for a large data set? I can only find a correlation function scaler for two vectors, but I want one for a whole matrix. Any suggestions or helpful insight would be appreciated. George George Wilson - > How to do a correlation matrix in Excel for a large data set? I can only find a correlation function scaler for two vectors, but I want one for a whole matrix. Any suggestions or helpful insight would be appreciated. < Tools | Data Analysis | Correlation The Correlation tool of the Analysis ToolPak will compute pairwise correlation coe...

Setting company-wide holidays on exchange/outlook calendar
Is it possible to set holidays globally on exchange so that it will appear on everyone's Outlook calendar, instead of setting them for each user? Thanks, John ...

Update Exchange 2003 with SP1
We currently have the following Exchange 2003 servers running on Windows 2000 : One F/E serser and two Back-end servers, and we are getting ready to updated them with SP1, is there any specific order in performing this upgrade process?? Any side effects we should be aware of ??? Your input will be greatly appreciated Best, Edmundo. On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 15:26:02 -0800, Edmundog9 <Edmundog9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We currently have the following Exchange 2003 servers running on Windows 2000 >: One F/E serser and two Back-end servers, and we are getting ready to &g...

Open Publisher 2003 in Publisher 2000
I've created a document in Publisher 2003 at home. I've sent it to my Office where we have Publisher 2000 and find I can't open it. Is there anything I can do to open it? Save as... a 2000 document at home. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Nalp30" <Nalp30@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4002B348-7FF3-4CB0-A53E-1115001605CE@microsoft.com... > I've created a document in Publisher 2003 at home. I've sent it to my Office > where we have Publisher 2000 and fin...

Cannot see mail in outlook 2000 sent items folder
Hello, I have a weird problem. When I sent a mail, a few days after it desappears from the Sent Items folder. I cannot see any mail I have sent before. But when clicking on the Sent Items icon the folder appears empty and on the bottom of the left side I can see that the folder contains 20 items. Someone else with rights on my mailbox can see those sent items. Any idea? Thanks in advance. ...

Virtual user supports in exchange server (a email account without actually creating a email account)
I want to provide email service to my customer, but I don't want to create real user account and email account for each one. for example, I want to assign email like xyz123@mycompany.com to my customer, but I don't really have a email account named "xyz123" setup for it. Still, I want to be able to look at all the new email in the exchange server and extract those emails and doing somework accordingly. Does anyone know if Exchange server support this feature? If not, any other window based email server support it? Thank you so much for the help.. --Xin Chen In news:...

How to remove an orphaned exchange 2K server from the domain?
Someone in our department made a mistake to FORMAT an Win2K DC + Exchange 2K server without cleaning it up from the domain. I am seeing its name under at least three places: - ADUC - AD Sites and Services - Exchange System Manager Q1. I believe cleaning it from the first two is easy, however I did not find an instruction about proper steps to remove a server from Exchange System Manager. Any hint will be appreciated. Q2. Except three applications that I mentioed above, is there somewhere else I should clean up as well? Thanks in advance for any help. http://support.microsoft.com/defau...