Enterprise version of Windows 2003 necessary for Exchange?

Hello,

If I want to install E2k3 Enterprise edition, do I need Windows 2003
Enterprise edition anywhere, e.g., on separate DCs or GCs? Do I even
need it on the Exchange server itself?

Just double-checking...

Thanks,

- Alan.

0
bruguy (167)

On 26 Oct 2006 05:57:41 -0700, "Alan" <bruguy@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>If I want to install E2k3 Enterprise edition, do I need Windows 2003
>Enterprise edition anywhere, e.g., on separate DCs or GCs? Do I even
>need it on the Exchange server itself?
>
>Just double-checking...
>
>Thanks,
>
>- Alan.

Nope. Standard is fine unless you are clustering.
0
adavid (8731)

can I rename echange 2003 server with ease
Is it difficult to rename exchange 2003 server with 5000 users? Thanks In news:11A23EBE-DDF2-4E62-BAEA-0BBF51D70B9C@microsoft.com, Johan <Johan@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Is it difficult to rename exchange 2003 server with 5000 users? > > Thanks Not difficult at all if you don't mind that Exchange will break. ;-) It's impossible to rename an Exchange server without breaking Exchange. Does that answer your question? Why is there a need to rename your Exchange server? In any event, if you HAVE to rename it, you'll have to either migrate to a new s...

Exchange Developer Edition
I have a copy of Exchange 2000 Sever Developer Edition that was part of Office XP Developer. Is this a full blown version ? We have tried to Install it. Actually the installation is not the problem, can not keep it running. MTA Stacks fail to run. Other services also fail to run. Clogging up the Application Log of the Event Viewer with all kinds of errors, etc... TIA, SD ...

Is there a strand-alone Publisher version for the Mac?
I have many Publisher files on my PC and I am now about to use a MacBook with an Intel chip. Can I get a version of Publisher to use with this Mac? EugSchwartz wrote: > I have many Publisher files on my PC and I am now about to use a MacBook with > an Intel chip. Can I get a version of Publisher to use with this Mac? If you use Parallels, VMWare Fusion, or Boot Camp to get an installation of Windows, you can use Publisher for Windows on that. There is no Mac version of Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org "EugSchwartz" <EugSchwartz@...

remove previous vb6 project versions from Control Panel
Hello I use the package and deployment tool in vb6 to setup and install my vb6 projects on computers. After installing the project a few times on the same computer, I noticed different versions in the Software-screen in control panel. And I also noticed that pdw doesn't overwrite the program I wanted to install with pdw on that computer. Do you have a solution? Thanks Catharinus van der Werf csvanderwerf@planet.nl catharinus wrote: > Hello > > I use the package and deployment tool in vb6 to setup and install my > vb6 projects on computers. After installing ...

New window behavior?
It seems the Excel folks are always striving to find some way to make Excel behave differently from all other Windows applications in some regard. The most glaring example, of course, is cut, copy, and paste, but I just accidentally discovered another one, and I'm wondering how long (i.e., since what version) Excel has been doing this. I'm using Excel 2003, and when I right-click on a child window's window menu* I get a context menu with things live save, print, new window, etc. I tried this in Access and Word and right-clicking a child window window menu does...absolutely nothing...

Windows 95
How do I load a Windows 95 database into an Excel spreadsheet? "she123ilab" <she123ilab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85E861ED-0A65-41A8-8DC8-06BD52BDB5B5@microsoft.com... > How do I load a Windows 95 database into an Excel spreadsheet? Windows 95 is not a database application, it's an Operating System. What application was the database created in? Windows 95 is an Operating System and does not create databases. What application was used to create the database? File extension is?? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 02:13:03 -0700, "...

Auto-Maximise Windows in SO Manager
We have a retailer who has a small screen and therefore runs at a 800x600 resolution. Problem is, the windows in Manager then need to be constantly moved around and it drives them nuts. I have tried just changing the screen res but they aren;t happy with that as it makes the text too small. Is there any way that the windows in manager can be set to automatically maximise? Thanks, Matt -- *Matthew Warr* Retail Technology Ltd http://www.rtl-world.com 800x600 is so 1980s. You need 1280x1024 for any reasonably modern software. 1024x768 is a bare minimum. RMS is designed for 1280x1024...

Outlook 2000 client locks up when logging into an Exchange 2000 server
An outlook 2000 client locks up when trying to logon to an Exchange 2000 server.Apparently the user was using outlook when the server was rebooted. Once the Exchange server came back up, the outlook client would hang upon trying to connect to the exchange server. Is there a file which resides on the client with cached information about the clients exchange account? If so where is it located? Typically Outlook would usually just timeout, will Outlook start if using safe mode, can you open another user Outlook profile on this computer or open this problematic profile on another computer. ...

Ports 465 995 Error 0x800CCC0F Windows Mail
AT&T internet server new outgoing and ingoing email ports 465 and 995 do not work with Windows Mail Vista 64-bit OS. Need to change from old ports 25 and 110. Does anyone know how to fix? -- sumac Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com "sumac" <sumac.424jga@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:sumac.424jga@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com... > > AT&T internet server new outgoing and ingoing email ports 465 and 995 do > not work with Windows Mail Vista 64-bit OS. Need to change from old > ports 25 and 110. Does anyone know how t...

Programaticly / Automaticly save email attchments in exchange
I am looking for a soultion on how to automaticly save (detach) email attachments sent to a specific email address(mail box). The action would talke place on the exchange server when the mail arrives and would be put into a specific directory Can this be done with a script? Can this be done with VBA? If so, may I have a code sample. I apreacete you help. Regards, Peter ...

Dropdowns in Word 2003
I have created a dropdown in Word 2003; the text exceeds the field length and the text that is beyond that field length is getting cutoff on the document. Can I widen the dropdown field? How can I correct this issue? Thanks! See http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>...

CDialog on top of all windows?
Hi, I have a class derived from CDialog. When I show this dialog I want it to be modal and display on top of all the windows, even those of other applications. This is needed because the dialog is being run through Automation and I want it to be 'On Top' of the other .exe and not the ..exe it 'belongs' to; preferably without the 1st .exe also being put on top. How can I do that? Thanks, Scott Metzger In the OnInitDialog() member function of your dialog call SetWindowPos(&CWnd::wndTopMost, 0,0,0,0, SWP_NOMOVE | SWP_NOSIZE ); -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++...

Exmerge (Exch 2003)
It seems that I have to alter the security permissions on the mailboxes in System Manager if I want to use Exmerge to import PST files. The only way to do this, for the Administrator, is to remove the "Inherited rights" - am I opening a can of worms doing this? What exactly do I need to do to import PST files using Exmerge on the actual server? TIA. Either grant yourself Send As and Recieve As permissions at the target mailbox level (using AD Users & Computers in "advanced view") or do it using ESM (requires you set the "show security tab" reg key) or u...

Can office small business 2003 be upgraded to professional 2007
I have Offise Small Business 2003 and need to upgrade to 2007 or newer. Can I upgrade from Small Business version to the Professional Version and have all the programs of 2007? Or can I only upgrade to the Small Business version? John in MN wrote: >I have Offise Small Business 2003 and need to upgrade to 2007 or newer. Can >I upgrade from Small Business version to the Professional Version and have >all the programs of 2007? Or can I only upgrade to the Small Business >version? > > Yes you can upgrade to Office 2007 Professional and the good news is...

Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]? Outlook 2003 SP1 sending through wrong account, no hotfix planned ?
Hi, I have discovered today that my Outlook 2003 SP1 is sending some e-mails from the wrong account (because the recipient sees "on behalf of" that I am not using) and after spending a couple of hours searching in Google I have found the following thread where Jeff Stephenson [MSFT] posted some useful information: http://groups.google.es/groups?hl=es&lr=&threadm=3C3F7F03-B617-47B9-894A-AF242EE6BC13%40microsoft.com&rnum=10&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dmicrosoft.public.outlook%2B2003%2BJeff%2BStephenson%2BSMTP%26hl%3Des%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN%26scoring%3Dd To summarize, the prob...

Filtering Excel 2003 Charts to a date range
I have multiple charts that we look for trends on over 1-2 year time frames. Is it possible to have a chart show all the data that has been entered and when looking at the chart have a date range data to format that range differently. What I am trying to do is we have weekly or montly meetings, in these meetings I would like to show all the additional data differently that has been added since our last meeting, while showing accumulative data in a different format. The easiest way to get different formats is to use different series. If you had one series, you could use autofiltering to...

Exchange 2000 outlook 2000 folder permissions (Urgent)
We have just noticed that one of our directors calendars can be seen by all staff. We set permissions at the calendar level in outlook for people to be reviewers. We granted full mailbox access via exchange 2000 only to his secretary. Which permission on the mailbox might cause this to happen we need to turn it off immediately so that only his secretary can see the mailbox calendar -- Kath "We set permissions at the calendar level in outlook for people to be reviewers." This means they can review the calendar content. There was a bug allowing people to even see private c...

Import MS Word 2003 Table to Excel
I have a word document that has many tables. I need to take each table and put them into one cell in excel if possible. I have several test documents that I was able to transfer the information from Word to Excel in a row per record. I need to keep the tables with their respective row(record). Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

reading pane in outlook 2003 #2
i prefer not to use the reading pane and have it switched off but it seems its configured seperately for every folder, is there an overall control for the reading pane in outlook 2003 so you can just switch it off for all folders? You can do this by changing the default Messages when all folders are still in this default view. Otherwise define a new view and apply it on first use of the folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "jas0n" &...

Creating a simple form in Outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C3FAEF.C4CC0AA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can someone walk me through how I would set up a simple form in Outlook, = that when sent, the form would be in active visual mode when received by = a recipient? I don't find the help very helpful. I.e.... how about as an example it would ask the question "What day = would be best for you:". To the right of that I would like a simple drop = down menu that would have the choices Monday to ...

Backing up Exchange 2003
Hi all, I am backing up an Exchange 2003 server on Windows 2003. I am trying t backup up the system state should I do this through my Veritas 9. software or should I do it through the NT backup with Windows 2003. My problem with the Veritas software is that it wants to use Volum Shadow Copy which I want to switch off. Any advise would be greatly appreciate - fe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com...

2003 won't sychronize
I recently upgraded to Office 2003 from Office XP (2002). My laptops were set to synchonize on exit so that the user could view all mail while off line. I can't get it to automatically synchronize on exit in 2003. It looks like all the settings are right but nothing happens. I even deleted the OST file and created a new one but nothing is syncing ...

Outlook 2003- pauses for a few seconds every few keystrokes
Hi- this problem is making Outlook unusable for me. It happens with both my Windows XP machine and Vista laptop, using the same data on both machines (but not the same PST file- I synced twice with my Palm. I notice that the PST file is only a few megabytes, however, so it's small when the problem happens. In addtion, I tried deleting everything and starting from the beginning, just loading up one part of Outlook at a time to see where the problem is-- seems like it occurs when I start approaching around 300 contacts (I have about 500 contacts total), or as I ramp up my calendar ...

RE: Outlook 2003 / CRM 1.2 Install issue.
Hey there, Having trouble installing client v1.2 on a Win2000 Office 2003 client. The install completes sweet as no probs but when I first load up Outlook '03 I get the message Microsoft CRM ---------------- An error occurred whilr installing Microsoft CRM folders. Have tried searching for log files for the client but to no avail. If anyone can point me towards something or even tell me where the (install)log files are would be much apprec. Chris. Chris, I had a similar problem on a test install of CRM 1.0 with win XP and office 2003. I Just kept clicking ok and then c...

Windows XP SP3 and GP 10
We purchased 3 new computers that came with WXP SP3. I installed GP 10 SP3 and all was fine until I attempted to print purchase orders. I would go to Transactions->Purchase->Print Purchase Order Documents. I attempted to print 5 PO's and then after clicking print, the computer just sits there for about 2 minutes and then it finally printed. I then went to a WXP SP2 computer and attempted to print the same 5 PO's. They printed instantly. After trying everything under the sun, I went into the ODBC Adminstrator and changed the DSN to use SQL Server Client instead of SQ...