End user wants to create items in Global Address List

I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and
entries in the global address list.  Any idea how I can configure him to do
this?

Douglas

0
douglas1 (15)

he would have to have Exchange permissions, and that isn't a particularly
good idea...

"Douglas McIver" <douglas@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and
> entries in the global address list.  Any idea how I can configure him to
do
> this?
>
> Douglas

0
susan7353 (1225)

Limit User Access to certain Vendors
Is there a way to do this that anyone knows of while still allowing access to the rest of the vendors? Eric, I can't see how you would be able to do this without a customization. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Eric Huebschman" <eric@thccorp.com> wrote in message news:38762F86-EE70-446A-8DA0-BAAB1C72CEE8@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to do this that anyone knows of while still allowing access > to the rest of the vendors? On Sep 10, 4:00 pm, "Victoria [MVP]" <victo...@flex-solutions.com> wrote: > Eric, &...

How can I get To-do's to show up in the Today screen Task list?
Hi, I am a new Outlook user, and have recently run into a problem in that I missed doing some things I had made "To-Do" to remind me to do. Unfortunately, I assumed that the Today screen would show my active "To-Do's" but I realize it only show's "Tasks". I'm a unclear what the difference is. Is there anyway to integrate them so they both show up on the Today screen? Why are they in different folders? Thanks for your help. Ed Outlook 2007? They are on the To-do Bar... it's replacing Outlook today because few users use it. The to-do list ...

Wanted vb.net trainer -hyderabad location
Hi friends!! Greetings!! We are in need of a vb.net trainer urgently for hyderabad location..pls forward ur resumes to meghanaitsol@gmail.com With regards, Meghana IT Solutions "Meghana" <meghanaitsol@gmail.com> wrote in message news:83702ee7-4dd6-4d76-9aaa-b879c186c7f2@t9g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > We are in need of a vb.net trainer And the best place to find one, in your considered opinion, is in a peer-to-peer newsgroup dedicated to C#...? Sounds like a VB.NET trainer is the least of your requirements... -- Mark Rae ASP.NET MVP http...

Project Fixed Price Invoice with Item
My client uses Fixed Price Invoices. They would like to add items to the invoice. They transfer items from inventory to the project and they would like those to show on the invoice. They want their invoice to look like an SOP invoice. I thought I would modify PA Invoice Format Project Detail Page 1. The main table is PA Billing Header TEMP. I tried linking table PA_Billing_ITEM_TEMP2 , but all I got was blanks. Any ideas? Thank you. ...

Child domain users and Parent domain Exchange
I am feeling pretty lame right about now.... Can Child Domain users use Exchange in the Parent domain? IF so, how? If not, do I need to install exchange in the child domains too? What would be the best way to do it? On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:29:51 -0800, "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAM.GOAWAY.ArborMed.com> wrote: >I should add that there's a VPN connecting the two domains. domain.com >and child.domain.com Run domainprep in the child domain. Set up Domain RUS pointing at a local DC in that domain. > > >"Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPA...

Disabled User
We are using Exchange 2003 and we have a user that belonged to GroupX and everything worked as it should when he was a valid user. He is no longer with us so we disabled the account and removed him from GroupX so when folks email GroupX it will not attempt to deliver to him. But apparently it still does as we always get the following reply from System Administrator: **** Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test email - ignore this. Sent: 1/19/2007 10:47 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: FirstName LastName on 1...

auto fillin box for e-mail show deleted addresses ... how do I get rid of them?
I go to create a new e-mail (with Outlook 2007) and fill in the 'To' field with one alpha character. I see a drop down box (to speed things along) but at least one of those 'suggestions' is not valid; that particular address does not exist. It did exist at one time though. How do I flush out those helpful though inaccurate\old e-mail addresses? Thanks, DH either select it using the arrow key and press delete or delete the nk2 cache file. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20060823.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24...

Outlook does not recognize address
My company has an intranet mailing system that does not have an domain ending just a username. Outlook will not let me create mail or a new contact, but will let me reply to these addresses. Whenever I type in the username I get a message, "Outlook does not Recognize Address" Any clues as to what I can do to get it to accept these email addresses. On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:47:02 -1000, Wilson <Wilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My company has an intranet mailing system that does not have an domain > ending > just a username. Outlook will not let me creat...

Filter List for Linked Values
I have a list of Numbers. In that list some Cells are: - Linked Values [ e.g. ='[Sales.xls]Sheet1'!K61) ] - Forumlas [ e.g. =1802+254+356 or =sum(A2:B32) ] - Manually Entered I want to filter the list for linked values. Is this possible? Hi not without VBA (using a user defined function) and a helper column >-----Original Message----- >I have a list of Numbers. In that list some Cells are: > > - Linked Values [ e.g. ='[Sales.xls]Sheet1'!K61) ] > - Forumlas [ e.g. =1802+254+356 or =sum(A2:B32) ] > - Manually Entered > > I want to filter the l...

Printing address lables from spreadsheet?
I have created numerous address lists on spreadsheets. Is it possible to construct these lists in a way to send to a printer and it just labels the envelopes and such? I do this all the time... I use mail merge in Word and use my exce sheet as the database. I have found it to be the best way to get whole bunch of different envelopes/letters out quickly -- eluehman ----------------------------------------------------------------------- eluehmann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1309 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?th...

Cannot create credit card account
I have a credit card account with a bank. I'm trying to set up an additional credit card account with the same bank, but Money won't allow it. I get the following message: ================ The service that allows you to download transactions from MSN Money My Accounts has been disabled. Close and reopen Money. If the problem persists then try turning the service off and then re-enabling it. If the problem still persists you will need to re-enable the service with a new Windows Live ID. ================ Naturally, restarting Money has no effect. Nor does restarting Windows. I...

Global error handler
Is there, in ACCCESS 2007, and/or VB a global error handler? I've checked the docs but not sure on the feasibility of this. I've seen On Error and OnError, and a discussion excepotion handling, but again, I'm not sure on the implementation of error and exception handling. -- The personal opinion of Gary G. Little You must add the error handling to each routine. There's not a way to just make it automatically go to an exception handler without doing so. In each routine, you can call a generic error handler. Here's an example of how: Error Handling in VBA at: ...

Exchange 2003
Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 SP2 This is a very strange problem. I have one user who turns on his out of office assistant and the out of office messages are not sent internally or externally. All other users use out of office and the messages are sent properly both internally and externally. I have the option configured to allow this (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262352). I can't for the life of me figure out why this one user is having this problem. Everything appears to be configured for that user exactly the same as all the other users who ar...

Migrate Contact Address Data from CRM 1.2 to 3.0
We are upgrading from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. In order to migrate the existing data, we are using the CRM web services (in "../crmservice.asmx"). CRM 1.2 stores the contact data in the ContactBase table; I create a data source, create an instance of the "contact" object from the CRM web service, set each of the contact properties from the field values in the DataRows of the DataSet source, and then use the contact object's Create() method to add each contact to the CRM 3.0 database -- all of this works very well. However, CRM 1.2 stores the contact's address d...

creating a macro that will paste a value and then move
Please, help! I am trying to recreate a macro that opens a workbook, goes to Sheet 1, pastes clipboard info into A1, then moves to B1, then saves and closes the file. I know how to make the file automatic and how to get it to open and close (Auto_Open), but I cannot remember how to get the macro to move from cell to cell (left-to right). What happens is that when I do a recorded macro and then try to rerun it; it will paste into A1 and then will tab over to B1. Then upon the next time that I call up the spreadsheet, it will even paste to B1, but will not move further from that spot. I then...

mail want be delivered for the 2nd domain
we have registered another domain made an MX record added @domain.com in defaul policy now i can get mail only for alex@domain.com, but not alex.surename@domain.com what should i do? Add or modify email address format in Recipient Policy. %g.%s@domain.com http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822447 -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "guzzi" <guzzi@_DOT_yandex.ru> wrote in message news:OYTtu%238NGHA.2268@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > we have registered another domain > made an MX record > a...

How to mail disable users
I want to reinstall my exchange 2000 server, but it is telling me I have to mail disable users first. How do I do this??? thanks in advance On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:34:24 +0800, "AlanM" <notme@nothere.com> wrote: >I want to reinstall my exchange 2000 server, but it is telling me I have to >mail disable users first. How do I do this??? >thanks in advance > > How is that you're planning to, and even needing to re-install Exchange? "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message news:qb8su0pdcmrt1h4aaedg3ikho4ae7im8cs@4ax.com... &g...

new address lists not showing up in outlook client
Hello, for some reason any new address lists i create now do not show up in the outlook address book. please point me in a direction. Thanks Jon Is the client running Outlook 2003 in cached mode? "jon" <jgreen@alro.com> wrote in message news:340401c47ee8$d1914ed0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > for some reason any new address lists i create now do not > show up in the outlook address book. please point me in a > direction. > > Thanks > Jon yes 2003 cached mode! >-----Original Message----- >Is the client running Outlook 2003 in cached mode? ...

List Box and Updating the table
I want a form with 24 list boxes that the user can have multiple selections for each box..I understand that I need to have a table that will hold results and a new row for each selection, what i need to know is how do i get the data from the List boxes populated into the table? Thanks. Lisa, there are several problems with this. First, You will have to open the form on Friday and come back Monday to actually see it. I once tried a form with only 8 list boxes and it took 2 to 5 minutes to load the form. It has to retrieve the data from the database for each list box, one at a time. ...

Chart visable for one user and no one else
This is quite odd. One user is able to view a chart, however, when anyone else opens the document, the chart doesn't exist. The chart is in a separate sheet labeled, CHART. We are using Excel XP with DocsOpen. Anyone know anything about this kind of behavior? Thanks in advance, Kathy K. ...

Groove Workspace
I am using Groove on my office pc and notebook to synchronize files. It works perfect. I invited a couple of my students to share my workspace. They have Groove installed on their computers. If I search for them in Groove public directory, their names appear. However we cannot share the workspace. My students are waiting for my confirmation. On my end, there is no prompt, or anything that I can do to confirm them. How do I add them? Best you post this to the groove newsgroup On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microso...

Exporting Query
Dear all, I have a query set up and I export the results into a CSV file using DoCmd.TransferText. Sometimes this query returns no records. In that case I don't want to export the CSV. I can think of a couple of ways to do this: 1) Create a recordset object on the query, check if there are any records and if so go ahead and export. However, this means running the query twice (once to check recordcount and once to export) which is not efficient. 2) Change the query into a make-table query, use OpenQuery, export the resulting table if rowcount is not 0 and then dele...

Don't want to repeat a selection
I have a sheet for a sports team. When making the lineup I select the players from a drop down list. How do I format the cell to not repeat a name that is selected in a cell? Take a look here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html In article <0057298B-9990-433C-86E5-746B26D4CE18@microsoft.com>, "gcheatwood" <gcheatwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a sheet for a sports team. When making the lineup I select the > players from a drop down list. > How do I format the cell to not repeat a name that is selected in a cell? ...

Excel Waiting List Help
I could use some help with an Excel Waiting List I am trying to create. My first column A is labeled Date and I formatted it as date. I have typed in 6/1/07 in A-1; I would like it when I type in in A-2 “6” the 1/07 is filled in already for me. The reason, this is a log of calls and there may be more than one entry call for that date. (Lazy typer) Also need help with column C. If in C-1 I type in Smith as the last name I would like it to type in for me “_mith” in C-6 if I type in S. Reason, this would tell me that person already called that day or in the past. Sounds like it might not...

Going to certain cell address
Hi, Maybe I was not clear in my previouse posting dated 17/1/07 @ 10:45PM. What I ment is: if C1=1 need to go to cell address a8 if c1=2 need to go to cell address a68 ....... ...... and so on In other words: If i entered the value of 2 in cell c1 and press enter key I want to go to the cell addresss A68 Hope that I made myself more clear. Khalil A small macro would do the trick. Adapt as needed and put it into the code page of "ThisWorkbook" Cheers, Joerg Mochikun Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range) If ActiveCell = [c1] Then ...