Enabling SCR

I'm trying to enable SCR on a CCR source server to a stand alone target
server in my test lab.

When I run Enable-StorageGroupCopy "CCR_Server\storage group 01"
-StandbyMachine Mailbox_Server -ReplayLagTime 0.0:0:0 I get the following
error:

Enable-StorageGroupCopy : Another standby continuous replication source is
already configured at 'L:\CCR_Server\SG1Logs' for 'CopyLogFolderPath'.
At line:1 char:24 + Enable-StorageGroupCopy  <<<< "CCR_Server\storage group
01" -StandbyMachine SCR_Server -ReplayLagTime 0.0:0:0

I obviously did something wrong initially and attempted to disable SCR
altogether and start fresh.  However, when I run disable-StorageGroupCopy
"CCR_Server\storage group 01" -StandbyMachine SCR_Server it returns the
following error:

Disable-StorageGroupCopy : Storage group 'CCR_Server\storage group 01' does
not have standby continuous replication enabled.  At line:1 char:25 +
disable-StorageGroupCopy  <<<< "CCR_Server\storage group 01" -StandbyMachine
SCR_Server

So how can I enable SCR?  One command says there is a SCR source already
configured, and the other command says that it's not enabled.  Any help is
appreciated.

On Nov 17, 7:52=A0am, SilverICE <Silver...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I'm trying to enable SCR on a CCR source server to a stand alone target
> server in my test lab.
>
> When I run Enable-StorageGroupCopy "CCR_Server\storage group 01"
> -StandbyMachine Mailbox_Server -ReplayLagTime 0.0:0:0 I get the following
> error:
>
> Enable-StorageGroupCopy : Another standby continuous replication source i=
> already configured at 'L:\CCR_Server\SG1Logs' for 'CopyLogFolderPath'.
> At line:1 char:24 + Enable-StorageGroupCopy =A0<<<< "CCR_Server\storage g=
roup
> 01" -StandbyMachine SCR_Server -ReplayLagTime 0.0:0:0
>
> I obviously did something wrong initially and attempted to disable SCR
> altogether and start fresh. =A0However, when I run disable-StorageGroupCo=
py
> "CCR_Server\storage group 01" -StandbyMachine SCR_Server it returns the
> following error:
>
> Disable-StorageGroupCopy : Storage group 'CCR_Server\storage group 01' do=
es
> not have standby continuous replication enabled. =A0At line:1 char:25 +
> disable-StorageGroupCopy =A0<<<< "CCR_Server\storage group 01" -StandbyMa=
chine
> SCR_Server
>
> So how can I enable SCR? =A0One command says there is a SCR source alread=
> configured, and the other command says that it's not enabled. =A0Any help=
 is
> appreciated.

Hi SilverICE,

This topic explains how to use the Exchange Management Shell to enable
standby continuous replication (SCR) for a storage group. Before you
can enable a storage group for SCR, you must first make sure that the
paths for the storage group files, log files, and database file can be
identically matched on the SCR source and all SCR target computers.
For example, if on the SCR source, the storage group files and log
files are located at D:\SG1\Logs and the database is located at E:
\SG1\Database, you must also have D:\SG1\Logs and E:\SG1\Database
available for the path on all SCR target computers.
Run the following command:
Enable-StorageGroupCopy -Identity <NameofStorageGroup> -StandbyMachine
<NameofSCRTargetMachine> -ReplayLagTime 0.1:0:0

Please let me know for the results.

Regards
Catastrophic Failure =93JV=94
0
Catastrophic
11/17/2009 10:54:22 AM
Thanks for the reply, but my directories are the same and the PS command you
suggest is the one I am running.

One thing that's not real clear to me is whether the directories on the
target simply need to be there or whether I also need to create like Storage
Groups and Mailstores?

"Catastrophic Failure "JV"" wrote:

> On Nov 17, 7:52 am, SilverICE <Silver...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > I'm trying to enable SCR on a CCR source server to a stand alone target
> > server in my test lab.
> >
> > When I run Enable-StorageGroupCopy "CCR_Server\storage group 01"
> > -StandbyMachine Mailbox_Server -ReplayLagTime 0.0:0:0 I get the following
> > error:
> >
> > Enable-StorageGroupCopy : Another standby continuous replication source is
> > already configured at 'L:\CCR_Server\SG1Logs' for 'CopyLogFolderPath'.
> > At line:1 char:24 + Enable-StorageGroupCopy  <<<< "CCR_Server\storage group
> > 01" -StandbyMachine SCR_Server -ReplayLagTime 0.0:0:0
> >
> > I obviously did something wrong initially and attempted to disable SCR
> > altogether and start fresh.  However, when I run disable-StorageGroupCopy
> > "CCR_Server\storage group 01" -StandbyMachine SCR_Server it returns the
> > following error:
> >
> > Disable-StorageGroupCopy : Storage group 'CCR_Server\storage group 01' does
> > not have standby continuous replication enabled.  At line:1 char:25 +
> > disable-StorageGroupCopy  <<<< "CCR_Server\storage group 01" -StandbyMachine
> > SCR_Server
> >
> > So how can I enable SCR?  One command says there is a SCR source already
> > configured, and the other command says that it's not enabled.  Any help is
> > appreciated.
>
> Hi SilverICE,
>
> This topic explains how to use the Exchange Management Shell to enable
> standby continuous replication (SCR) for a storage group. Before you
> can enable a storage group for SCR, you must first make sure that the
> paths for the storage group files, log files, and database file can be
> identically matched on the SCR source and all SCR target computers.
> For example, if on the SCR source, the storage group files and log
> files are located at D:\SG1\Logs and the database is located at E:
> \SG1\Database, you must also have D:\SG1\Logs and E:\SG1\Database
> available for the path on all SCR target computers.
> Run the following command:
> Enable-StorageGroupCopy -Identity <NameofStorageGroup> -StandbyMachine
> <NameofSCRTargetMachine> -ReplayLagTime 0.1:0:0
>
> Please let me know for the results.
>
> Regards
> Catastrophic Failure “JV”
> .

Problem with Re-enabled user mailboxes
We are running Server 2003 R2 and Exchange 2003 SP1. We have college student that will come in and work for us for a few months and then go back to school and may come back 6-8 months later. When they leave we disable there account and after 60 days their mailbox is deleted. We have noticed that when we re-enable their accounts and setup a new mailbox, the mailbox will not show up on the server even after you sent 10 emails to it. After 24 hours you get an NDR back. We also notice that under the security rights only SELF has rights. The end user can not connect via the outlook setup...

OT Partially. Enabling two CD/DVD Drives for recording simultaneously
On my recently built XP 64 Bit machine I have two CD/DVD drives installed. E & F. E did not always act right and did not always record. I determined the following: Windows does not allow two CD/DVD drives to be enabled for recording at the same time. With blank CDs in each drive Windows will allow just one drive to be enabled for recording at the same time. Starting with My Computer and Right clicking on the drive that is not enabled, bringing up Device Manager and clicking on recording there is an option to enable Recording. This enables Recording but disables recording on ...

Mail Enable on Public Folder
Hi! I have Exchange server 2003 In public folder all folders have a email SMTP adress I can't removed that. Help me beacause if the email is publish on the web i will receive alot of Viruses!! sorry for my bad english..i speak french! Hi You can set the permissions on the Public Folder so that Anonymous has "None" specified as its permissions. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Net_admin_Jeff" <Net_admin_Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CE043EE-6...

visual basic message telling me to enable macros
Each time I change the value of a cell in excel, a visual basic window opens telling me "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation on how to enable macros" I dont use any macros in any of my excel workbooks. No macros are listed in the tools/macros menu. The message occurs in all 3 of the macro security settings. This only started happening 2 weeks ago. First it happened only upon starting excel. Now it happens whenever I enter data. Uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2000 doesnt help. It sounds like you have code under that ...

Re: Junk mail doesnt filter when rules are enabled
Yes, I am dealing with this problem. I get mail from three pop accounts. I filter ALL my email based on what mail account it comes from and put it into a corresponding folder. Outlook catches ZERO percent of my junk mail because of this.... How can we get outlook junkfilter to work right?? Thanks. A very frustrated Lawrence "Sholom Deen" <sdeen@diamonds.net> wrote in message news:2ad7b851.0311061241.1a580be9@posting.google.com... > I'm having the same problem. Apparently, the junk filters are applied > before any rules, and since in 2003 the filters are not sim...

mail enable public folder programmatically (scripting)
I'm trying to find a way of mail enabling public folders (on an exchange 2003 tree) with a script. Is there someone who has experience with this. So far I have only heard that it should be possible (even with LDAP) from Microsoft, but I have not found any indication on how to do this. I have tried browsing the public folder tree with LDAP but don't see public folders until I have mail enabled them. Thanks for your time... Osgiliath wrote: > *I'm trying to find a way of mail enabling public folders (on an > exchange 2003 > tree) with a script. Is there someone who h...

Granting Permission to Enable/Disable a Device
I have just started being fascinated with web cams (never paid much attention until recently). For security reasons, I never run as Administrator and this permission is not enabled by default. I couldn't find it in Administrative Tools\Local Security Settings either. I am sure XP is good enough to make this possible. I just hope someone who reads this knows the answer because my web searches have turned up nothing. Thanks, James Boston, MA James @ Castel;1785629 Wrote: > I have just started being fascinated with web cams (never paid much > attention > ...

Email enabled Public Folders only receive internal email
I have set up an email-enabled public folder on our Exchange 2003 SP 2 server. I originally set Anonymous and Default to Contributors, but since we were having problems receiving external email, I upped their permissions to Editor. That did not fix the issue, so I don't think it is a permissions problem, at least not client permissions. All other SMTP email is working, only SMTP email to public folders is not working. I checked other email-enabled public folders and they also are not receiving email. Our SMTP email comes through a Front-End Exchange server that does not have any Exchange...

Question about enable/disable menu item in MFC
I would disable some menu items when one ListView window gets focus. I write the following codes in get focus event handler to disable menu items. But it doesn't have any effect. Can't I call CMenu::EnableItem() to disable the menu item in the get focus event handler? Jackal Huang ============================================= CMenu *Menu, *SubMenu; Menu = AfxGetMainWnd()->GetMenu(); if (Menu) { SubMenu = Menu->GetSubMenu(1); if (SubMenu) { UINT count; count = SubMenu->GetMenuItemCount(); SubMenu->EnableMenuItem(1,MF_GRAYED|MF_DISABLED|MF_BYPOSITION)...

SCL and enabling IMF
We have 50-60 exchange servers that we want to be able to enable and configure IMF via script. Specifically we want to be able to change the SCL rating and enable the IMF on the SMTP connector. Does anyone know what registry parameters or other ways we can script these changes? - IMF configuration is done in Global Settings - it only needs to be done once. - You need to enable IMF on SMTP virtual servers (not SMTP Connectors... ). - If you want to cahnge the SCL rating (of individual messages) take a look at the Custom Weighting feature that lets you change SCL based on strings in the...

Enable Client Recovery of Deleted Items
Can anyone offer assistance in enabling the user/client to recover deleted items function in Exchange 2003. The information store's retention period is set to seven days and yet the option to recover deleted items in the Outlook client is greyed/disabled. Thanks! On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 09:40:06 -0700, "JT" <JT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone offer assistance in enabling the user/client to recover deleted >items function in Exchange 2003. The information store's retention period is >set to seven days and yet the option to recover deleted item...

Outlook 2003 rules not enabled
Friends, I just installed outlook 2003. On selecting 'Rules and Alerts/e-mai rules', I find that the icons (New Rule, Change Rule etc. are al grayed out. I tried Detect and Repair but it did not solve the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com bum ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForu...

default input language in wince 6.0 regional settings is not enabl
Hi All, Can anybody know how to enable the default input language in regional settings for the targeted device using PB and catalog items. The original Wince BSP with existing target board is working fine but after cloning the BSP for custom board and adding the catalog items it's not showing the default input language was enabled. ...

Mailbox Enable User System Policy Change
I ran the ExBPA 2.7 and made the change as below: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Analyzer/e20e1769-9c10-45d0-a81f-fc5be4bedf45.mspx?mfr=true Gave it hours to replicate..but when I run the ExBPA again (Windows 2000/Exchange 2000 SP3 w/Rollup on Mailbox/Front End/Bridgehead Servers) and 3 Win2003 SP1 DCs..I still get the message. I confirmed the ADSIEDIT changes (done from the schema master)..but I don't want to upgrade the forest to Windows 2003 (native) until it is all clear. Domain level is already Win2003. Any help is appreciated. ...

Remove "padlock" from folder to enable homegroup accessI
I have a folder on my homegroup which has a "padlock" sign against it. It is on my laptop but Im cannot see it from me desktop. Sharing is enabled and I have tried putting it into "public" documents but still cannot see it when I open these libraries. I am using Word 2007 and Windows 7 Help ...

If field then checkbox and enable
On my form called f015KeyMilestones(continuous form) I have a field called KeyMilestonesSubID. How can I do the following.. If KeyMilestonesSubID =12 then the checkbox called QGateNA is checked If QGateNA is checked (user checks or the above) then the field called PassedQGDt is enabled Thank you -- deb Is QGateNA a bound control because if it isn=92t then you cannot do it, as continuous forms are a devil of a thing to do anything with. If it is a field then again you need to check it when you create the record that is attached to KeyMilestonesSubID. Though if you ca...

How do I re-enable the ability for VbScripting?
I need to know how to re-enable the ability for VbScripting so I can use scrolling stationery in my Outlook 2007. I have Windows XP. Can someone please explain to me how to do this? Thank you very much. Candy Scrolling stationery will not work in Outlook 2007 as it uses Word as = its editor and that does not work in Word. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Candy" <Candy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:B...

How do I enable the criteria pane in MSQuery (Excel 2003)?
A Microsoft Query previously set-up in Excel 2000 does not show the Criteria Pane when opening it in Excel 2003. Also, the criteria selections on the toolbar have been greyed out and are, therefore, unchangeable. Is there a setting that needs to be changed? The SQL code is still visible and changeable, but my users are more comfortable seeing the criteria in easy-to-understand column/row format. Any suggestions are welcome. If the SQL code is uncomplicated (from MS Query's prespective), you should be able to see the Criteria section by selecting View>Criteria. Otherwise, it...

Set Enabled On All Controls in a Form?
I am trying to set all controls visible, unlocked, and enabled, as the baseline for disabling or locking down some fields based on other criteria. Here's what I tried, which gives me an "Invalid or unqualified reference" error: Function SetEnabledFieldsBase() Dim ctl As Control For Each ctl In Me.Controls .Enabled = True .Visible = True .Locked = False Next ctl End Function I based this on several examples that were intended to do something to all text boxes on a form. (I have never done this before, so sorry if this i...

mail enabled public folder
Hi, how can I filter out what usually comes to Junk E-mail folder from the mail enabled public folder? Jan On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:40:32 +0200, "Jan Kucera" <miloush@community.nospam> wrote: >Hi, > how can I filter out what usually comes to Junk E-mail folder from the >mail enabled public folder? > >Jan With a standard third party anti-spam feature. PFs, as you have seen, have no capability other than whatever is done at the gateway. Couldn't I add any script that will decide and eventually move the mail? Running 2003. "Mark Arnold [MVP]&qu...

Enabling thread-safe access to a Text file #2
Sorry...accidentally posted it before I cud complete it... Hi, Mine is an MFC application. I have two threads in my application. Both threads write data to the same text file. I have one class that encapsulates all functions to write data to the file, read from the file, clear it etc. called CTextFile. Let me give you the exact scenario. class A { protected: CTextFile m_File; }; class B { protected: CTextFile m_File; }; class CTextFile { private: CString strTextFileName; public: void CreateFile(const CString& strFileName); void WriteData(CString& strData); void ReadData(C...

vba code to enable macros
Hi, Can we write a vba code to enable macros. In most of the sites it says we cant do that . The only thing we can do is change the macro setting or work around is hide the sheet which has macros. But none of them will work in my case. Can we change an excel security setting to from macro on open so that macros are enabled. No. If we can do that with code, then so could a hacker with bad intentions. Mike F "varsha12" <varsha12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBEB1614-C956-491B-B351-02DD9F711891@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Can we w...

Mail Enabled Public Folder #3
Is there any way to prevent a public folder from being mail enabled by default? This is getting really annoying... Also, is there a way to Un-mail-enable a PF? We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 (SBS 2003 Premium) TIA, Carlos. "Carlos M. Perez" <cperez@nospamruncentralnospam.com> wrote: >Is there any way to prevent a public folder from being mail enabled by >default? This is getting really annoying... Is the Exchange organization running in "mixed" or "native" mode? A mixed-mode organization will mail-enable public folders by dfaul...

Macro Enable/Disable Window
Why does excel continues to display the "Disable Macros / Enable Macro" on a workbook that had Macros, I've eliminated all Macros and the workbook but still continues to show everytime I open the Excel File. sAYk Hi You must remove the modules themselves, not only their content. -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please. "sAYk" <sayk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O6OPnVOxDHA.2520@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Why does excel continues to display the "Disable Macros / Enable Macro" on > a workbook that had Macros, I'v...

Multiple Write Access Enable for Excel
I want to take off the locking mechanism for single write access. I want all users to be able to access an excel document sitting on the netwok with write access at one time. I would also like a 4th computer which is projecting this spreadsheet on the wall to auto-refresh the spreadsheet periodically to show the changes users have made. Can either of these things be done? Shroud, Excel isn't multiple-user. I think your closest shot is to make the workbook shared (Tools - Share workbook). Any changes by any user still must be saved before they can be seen by another computer. Con...