Enable HTTPS/SSL OWA Exchange 2000 cluster

I am trying to enable https for owa on an exchange 2000 cluster.

I am not sure what is happening but basically the page never opens, I get no
errors in the event logs or on the page, the page just reads can not be
displayed.
0
Jason4159 (666)

question about moving mailboxes from 2000 exch to 2003 exchange and mail store size
we are finishing up moving all of our mailboxes from our old exchange 2000 server to our new exchange 2003 server. I was researching the registry change you have to make to enable up to a 75 gig mail store with exchange 2003 sp2. When I look at the registry for our exchange 2003 server I only see the key for the PUBLIC store. The PRIVATE does not appear. is this because we have not moved all of our mailboxes and so have not removed the exchange 2000 server yet? I wasnt going to make the registry change yet, just researching so I can do this when we finished moving the rest of the mai...

How Safe Are Exchange Raw Mail Files?
Hi There, My company has mandated that our office move over to Exchange 2003. Of all my research, I really only have one small question. That is, how safe and protected are the raw mail files that Exchange stores on the server? In other words, outside of using the user's password, can these files be copied and read later or are they encrypted or protected in some manner? Thanks, -Jay I am pretty certain that the mailbox store, essentially the pair of a Jet database something called a "streaming" file, are not encrypted. You should protect them as you would any se...

backing up exchange
I use the backup included with win2000 server, running exchange 2000. I select the exchange server and message stores. Whats the best way to test and make sure individual mailboxes are being backed up? Are there any permissions issues to access those mailboxes to be backed up? Thanks in advance if you're doing online backups, you are not backing up individual mailboxes, but the entire store/s...only way to ensure the backups are valid is to build a recovery server, and do a test restore... "Robrjt2" <robrjt2@aol.com> wrote in message news:20040916150235.22932.00000551...

Disabling Preview Pane in Outlook 2000
Is it possible? Thanks. Guessing you mean how can you get rid of the preview pane so you can only double click on messages to view. Then Yes, it is possible. 2 ways 1. Make sure you're in the folder that you want the preview pane gone from (ie. Inbox Right click on the message header (The part in grey telling you From: To: Subject: and CC: Left click on Preview pane It should then disappear 2. Make sure you're in the folder that you want the preview pane gone from (ie. Inbox Left click on View (On the main menu bar Then left click Preview Pane Again it should disappear Hope this he...

exchange enterprise storage limit
I heard that there is an unlimited storage limit for exchange enterprise 2003. Is this true? If so, can I "Actually" have an exchange message store 60 gb or more? Would there be any performance issues? TIA, Jackson Correct, unlimited database size. FYI: Exchange 2003 Standard Edition Service Pack 2 will increase the database limit to 74GB from 16GB. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Jackson" <jackson_num5@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uDVHikUnFHA.764@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I heard that there is an...

MVP challenge: OWA frontend-backend
So, I hope ther is a MS MVP who wants to take this challenge, or of course somebody who can answer.. I have a Windows Server 2003 with Exchange server 2003 Enterprise Frontend server and several different kinds of Exchange backend servers, in differens Sites and Exchange Administrative Groups. Now, OWA from the Internet over HTTPS goes well to the backend member server which is a Windows 2000 server with an upgraded Exchange server (from 2000 to 2003). What results in an Internet Explorer error 'The page cannot be found' from the Internet however, is a Windows 2000 domain cont...

OWA Prompting Mulitple Times for the Same Login
Hello, I have a user that is getting prompts multiple times for OWA access. If she opens a new message then she is prompted for her credentials, and if she does anything that makes a box popup she is prompted for her owa credentials. She has to login 2 differnt times to send out a simple email message. Anyone have any suggestions? ...

Exchange Clusters #2
Good Day All, The company I am with has offices in Toronto, Ontario and in Halifax, NS. I am looking for a solution that would allow our users to connect to a local exchange server (and sql server for that matter) regardless of which office they are in. So if user A in Toronto connects to an exchange server, that user will connect to the server in Toronto whereas if User B in Halifax connects to an exchange server they will connect to the server in Halifax. If user a comes to Halifax for any reason, when they connect to exchange I want the connection for them to go to the halifax server wi...

Extracting Exchange 2003 Configuration
Does anybody know of any 3rd party Utility or MS utility that can extract the Configuration of an Exchange 2003 Server? ...

OWA Certificate Error with IE7
Hi All, I noticed many post about this problem but I didn't find anything good for my problem. My customers have IE7 and to improve OWA security on our system, I activated SSL. Now it is working with https//mail.server.ca/exchange But they have now a security warning page telling : "Certificate Error : Navigation Blocked" "We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website" And I explained to teh users to click on : "Continue to this web site (not recommended)" Then they have OWA login page with the URL in red and with a certifica...

exchange crm router rules cleaning tool
Hi, I'm working with one server where is installed Exchange, AD, and Exchange CRM Router, and another with CRM3.0. So I uninstalled the Exchange CRM router without deleting the deployed rules. I installed the crm router again but when some users sent emails one email is returned indicating that the message could not be delivered to the past router's mailbox. I need to know if it's a tool to delete all the past rules or a way to clean them manually. Hi there You should be able to roolback the Rule - with the Exchagne CRM router tab, If you dont you can delete the rule eith...

Building a new Exchange 2003 server
Hi I am currently in the planning stage of adding a second Exchange Server 2003 to my domain. I currently have 1 x Exchange 2003 server, 2 x DC Win Server 2000. What we need to do is to build a new server with Win 2003 install Exchange 2003, make this the primary Exchange server, then the original server will become the back up Exchange server which I intend to keep synchronised using EMC replistor produce. Can someone please advise on best practices, any gotchas and any reccommended reading before we undertake this project. As an aside we are also planning to upgrade the domain controllers ...

Outlook 2002 not recieving new Exchange mail until I click on program.
Hello! Outlook 2002 v10.6515.6626 SP 3 on Windows XP Pro SP1. I can sit with no programs running except for Outlook and watch the screen do nothing. If I click somplace on Outlook, such as a folder or any message EXCEPT the one in the preview pane, Outlook will suddently recieve all the email that I have been sent since the last time I clicked on the program. This could be five minutes or 30 minutes... I do not recieve any mail until I actually click on Outlook. I'm connecting to an Exchange server on our LAN and I'm always connected. Can someone suggest why this may be happening? I...

Backing up Exchange 2003 SP2 with DPM 2007 on Windows server 2008
In order to be able to back up a Exchange 2003 SP2 server I need to install Exhange 2007 Management Tools on the DPM 2007 server. The DPM server is running on Windows Server 2008 (64bit). From Ms articles: “The eseutil.exe and ese.dll versions that are installed on the most recent edition of Exchange Server must be the same versions that are installed on the DPM server. If you installed DPM 2007 on a Windows Server 2008 operating system, and you are Protecting Exchange Server 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 computer, you must install the Exchange Server 2007 version of the eseut...

attachments dissapear on incoming email for outlook 2000
When email is received in outlook 2000 the attachements are not there. Do you see them if you hit forward? If not, is the message size large enough to have the attachments present but hidden? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your favori...

mailbox information wrong in Exchange 2000 system manager
I have one mailbox store with about 600 mailboxes. Displayed the mailbox es and saw that the number of items, size and last logged on by information for several accounts that I researched is wrong. In one case, a recently hired employee's account displays 22,629 total items. Opened the account and there are less than 100. Just scanning the mailbox information I found 15 accounts with the same number of total items and the same size. Very unlikey. Numerous accounts display the same last logged on by information. Another user not a service. Does anyone have any thoughts or insights? T...

Tasks in OWA
I've got Exchange 5.5, SP4 with OWA. When a task is assigned to someone who can only access email through OWA, they cannot accept or reject the task. Is this by design or is this a bug? Thanks, John In article <vthbaotl1demf1@corp.supernews.com>, "AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote: > I've got Exchange 5.5, SP4 with OWA. When a task is assigned to someone who > can only access email through OWA, they cannot accept or reject the task. > Is this by design or is this a bug? This is a design limitation. OWA doesn't support task assignment...

Exchange 2003 Mail Wizard is not working -- Please Help!!
When I go through the wizard I get an error "To send Internet email, the selected Server cannot be a bridgeheade Server then if I deselect send internet email I get "The SMTP virtual server 'Default SMTP virtual server' on the selected server does not have the binding of all unassigned/port 25 What does this mean Will You cant run Internet Mail Wizard twice. If you do that you olways get erorr "To send Internet email, the selected Server cannot be a bridgeheade Server" You must delete Internet Mail Connector and ReRun Internet Mail Wizard I think this help y...

Winmail.dat sent over Exchange mail
I have a persistent issue with some (not all) emails that when they are sent to another recipient on the GAL internal to the organization the attachment and message body is combined into a winmail.dat file. The attachment in this case is a Word document with a RTF extension. I've tried all knowledge base articles I can find but have only come out with a headache. Stats: Exchange Server 2000 Sp3 Outlook 2000 Sp3 Global Address List in place Outlook 2000 settings - configured for Plain Text - Message sent in Plain Text - don't use Word as an Editor Exchange 2000 settings ...

Oultllok 2000 & RTC
Hi, I would like to synchronize two outlook 2000 with a RTC provider connexion. How to do this operation ? Thank for your help. ...

Exchange 5.5 and 2003
I am running exchange 2003 and 5.5 in the same domain. when I try to send mail from exch2003 to a user using exchange 5.5, I get the following error: (the user, using exch2003 can see the users on exch5.5.) The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'bay1@ges.tkk.com' on 13/07/2004 12:26 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <postane.ges.net #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for bay1@ges.tkk.com> Tell us how you installed Exch2003. bayraktar wrote: > I am ru...

DNR Messages from Exchange 2003 Server
We have Exchange setup to forward all DNR messages to a specific address. Is there any way to configure it to include the original sender that sent the message that caused the DNR? Right now, I get the DNR message from anyone in the company, but I never know who it is from, just who they were trying to reach. Thanks. Babakganoosh <Babakganoosh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have Exchange setup to forward all DNR messages to a specific address. Is >there any way to configure it to include the original sender that sent the >message that caused the DNR? Right no...

MS Money 2000 Delux
After upgrading the operating system from Win 97 se to Win 2000 Professional, when ever I attempt to open my MS Money program, throughout the process of going through the pages to get where I can conduct activities, I am given the following message: "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \device\harddisk2\DR4." What in the heck is going on? My default backup is to my C drive and I also supplement on my Zip located on drive F. Help Help please, I would love to stop this feature that is as annoying as pop-ups. Thanks in advance In microsoft.publi...

How to disable OWA by default (Exchange/Windows 2003)
Hey there, we are in a situatie were it's important that only certain users get OWA. Unfortunately it's enabled by default. We could ofcourse make a template in which it is disabled, but you could never be sure that all administrators would use it to create users. So we need another way to disable it by default. Anyone know how to do this? Kind regards protocolSettings is the attribute you want. Its enabled by default. Disable OWA for an account and you'll see what you need to set the value to for new users. On Tue, 10 May 2005 14:33:16 +0200, Freaky <badtomention@innew...

Enable recurrence with activities
Some activities, particularly appointments, should allow for recurrence. The lack of this ability becomes particularly awkward in SFO where CRM appointments integrate show up in the Outlook calendar. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micros...