emails being lost - help please!

Hi we run an SBS2003 server with exchange.  We also have GFI Mail essentials

One student is sending us an email with an attachments.  I can see that GFI
are receiving the email and processing it OK

if I then look at Exchange Tools > Message Tracking Centre, I can see the
email.  there are 5 entries:
SMTP: Message submitted to advanced queue
SMTP: Started message submission  to advanced queue
SMTP: Message submitted to catagorizer
SMTP: Message catagorized and queued for routing
SMTP: Non-delivery report generated.

Can some tell me what is happening please?  This student can send messages
with other attachments without any problems.  Other students are sending
messages with attachments are are all arriving at the right box Ok.

Thanks

Alex

0
ah (20)

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:31:53 -0000, "Al"
<ah@moustraining-nospam-.uk.com> wrote:

>Hi we run an SBS2003 server with exchange.  We also have GFI Mail essentials
>
>One student is sending us an email with an attachments.  I can see that GFI
>are receiving the email and processing it OK
>
>if I then look at Exchange Tools > Message Tracking Centre, I can see the
>email.  there are 5 entries:
>SMTP: Message submitted to advanced queue
>SMTP: Started message submission  to advanced queue
>SMTP: Message submitted to catagorizer
>SMTP: Message catagorized and queued for routing
>SMTP: Non-delivery report generated.
>
>Can some tell me what is happening please?  This student can send messages
>with other attachments without any problems.  Other students are sending
>messages with attachments are are all arriving at the right box Ok.
>
>Thanks
>
>Alex

So what does the non-delivery report back to the sender say?

0
adavid (8731)
2/16/2006 9:36:32 PM
Andy :
Reporting-MTA: dns;modburygroup.co.uk

Received-From-MTA: dns;smtp2.freeserve.com

Arrival-Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:10:14 +0000

Final-Recipient: rfc822;bois@moustraining.uk.com

Action: failed

Alex

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:31:53 -0000, "Al"
> <ah@moustraining-nospam-.uk.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi we run an SBS2003 server with exchange.  We also have GFI Mail
>>essentials
>>
>>One student is sending us an email with an attachments.  I can see that
>>GFI
>>are receiving the email and processing it OK
>>
>>if I then look at Exchange Tools > Message Tracking Centre, I can see the
>>email.  there are 5 entries:
>>SMTP: Message submitted to advanced queue
>>SMTP: Started message submission  to advanced queue
>>SMTP: Message submitted to catagorizer
>>SMTP: Message catagorized and queued for routing
>>SMTP: Non-delivery report generated.
>>
>>Can some tell me what is happening please?  This student can send messages
>>with other attachments without any problems.  Other students are sending
>>messages with attachments are are all arriving at the right box Ok.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Alex
>>

> So what does the non-delivery report back to the sender say?

0
ah (20)
2/16/2006 10:01:57 PM
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 22:01:57 -0000, "Al"
<ah@moustraining-nospam-.uk.com> wrote:

>Andy :
>Reporting-MTA: dns;modburygroup.co.uk
>
>Received-From-MTA: dns;smtp2.freeserve.com
>
>Arrival-Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:10:14 +0000
>
>Final-Recipient: rfc822;bois@moustraining.uk.com
>
>Action: failed

Well 5.2.3 is mailbox over quota. Does that tell you anything?
If not, you may want to crank up diagnostic logging on the Transport
areas in ESM.

>Alex
>

>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:31:53 -0000, "Al"
>> <ah@moustraining-nospam-.uk.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi we run an SBS2003 server with exchange.  We also have GFI Mail
>>>essentials
>>>
>>>One student is sending us an email with an attachments.  I can see that
>>>GFI
>>>are receiving the email and processing it OK
>>>
>>>if I then look at Exchange Tools > Message Tracking Centre, I can see the
>>>email.  there are 5 entries:
>>>SMTP: Message submitted to advanced queue
>>>SMTP: Started message submission  to advanced queue
>>>SMTP: Message submitted to catagorizer
>>>SMTP: Message catagorized and queued for routing
>>>SMTP: Non-delivery report generated.
>>>
>>>Can some tell me what is happening please?  This student can send messages
>>>with other attachments without any problems.  Other students are sending
>>>messages with attachments are are all arriving at the right box Ok.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>
>>>Alex
>>>

>> So what does the non-delivery report back to the sender say?

0
adavid (8731)
2/16/2006 11:59:31 PM
Hi Andy

No not really, our system is set to no limit on incoming size and in fact
this email had a 10Mb attachment on it.

This morning in my Server Performance Report, the was a Microsoft Exchange
Transport error, which relates to the missing email: Event 7515
An error occurred while Microsoft Exchange Intelligent Message Filter
attempted to filter a message with ID
<001701c633aa$5285b8b0$c44a4554@CrosbiePC>, P1 From
smtp:lyn@acrosbie.freeserve.co.uk and Subject CROSBIE Lynda. This message
will not be filtered. The error code is 0x800710f0. For more information,
click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

However Microsoft says that its probably a coirrupted or malformed message.
Would it be a size issue

message news:ad4av1lne4c4447qaeqh96tovobm5ajt07@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 22:01:57 -0000, "Al"
> <ah@moustraining-nospam-.uk.com> wrote:
>
>>Andy :
>>Reporting-MTA: dns;modburygroup.co.uk
>>
>>Received-From-MTA: dns;smtp2.freeserve.com
>>
>>Arrival-Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:10:14 +0000
>>
>>Final-Recipient: rfc822;bois@moustraining.uk.com
>>
>>Action: failed

> Well 5.2.3 is mailbox over quota. Does that tell you anything?
> If not, you may want to crank up diagnostic logging on the Transport
> areas in ESM.
>

>>Alex
>>

>>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>message

>>> So what does the non-delivery report back to the sender say?

0
ah (20)
2/17/2006 11:45:30 AM
On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:45:30 -0000, "Al"
<ah@moustraining-nospam-.uk.com> wrote:

>Hi Andy
>
>No not really, our system is set to no limit on incoming size and in fact
>this email had a 10Mb attachment on it.
>
>This morning in my Server Performance Report, the was a Microsoft Exchange
>Transport error, which relates to the missing email: Event 7515
>An error occurred while Microsoft Exchange Intelligent Message Filter
>attempted to filter a message with ID
><001701c633aa$5285b8b0$c44a4554@CrosbiePC>, P1 From
>smtp:lyn@acrosbie.freeserve.co.uk and Subject CROSBIE Lynda. This message
>will not be filtered. The error code is 0x800710f0. For more information,
>click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
>
>However Microsoft says that its probably a coirrupted or malformed message.
>Would it be a size issue

IMF doesnt scan a message larger than 3MB.

>Alex
>

>"Andy David - [MVP]" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>message news:ad4av1lne4c4447qaeqh96tovobm5ajt07@4ax.com...
>> On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 22:01:57 -0000, "Al"
>> <ah@moustraining-nospam-.uk.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Andy :
>>>Reporting-MTA: dns;modburygroup.co.uk
>>>
>>>Received-From-MTA: dns;smtp2.freeserve.com
>>>
>>>Arrival-Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:10:14 +0000
>>>
>>>Final-Recipient: rfc822;bois@moustraining.uk.com
>>>
>>>Action: failed

>> Well 5.2.3 is mailbox over quota. Does that tell you anything?
>> If not, you may want to crank up diagnostic logging on the Transport
>> areas in ESM.
>>

>>>Alex
>>>

>>>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>>message

0
adavid (8731)
2/17/2006 2:11:37 PM
"Al" <ah@moustraining-nospam-.uk.com> wrote:

>No not really, our system is set to no limit on incoming size and in fact
>this email had a 10Mb attachment on it.

*Mailbox* over quota doesn't mean the message was too large for the
system to handle, it's just too big to fit in the mailbox.

Add the "Storage Limits" column to the "Mailboxes" view of the
database holding the intended recipients mailbox. Is the mailbox
"Below Limit", or is it in some other state? If it's "Below Limit" is
the current size of the mailbox plus the size of the inbound message
in excess of the "Prohibit Sent and Recieve" limit on the mailbox?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Macro Help 11-24-09
I have one workbook of data (1 tab) that has data for 20 different Sales Reps (different names). I need to copy all data for "Rep A" into a separate worksheet, and same for "Rep B" and so on. At the end I would have 1 tab for all data and 20 tabs with the data for each rep. Basically, I need to copy and paste each rep data into a new worksheet within the same workbook but didn't want to do it manually. I hope this makes sense. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Also check out his easyfilter add-in. http://www.ro...

Problems with creating a newsletter

Excel 97 VBA Help File

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

Help Required

Sending Email #6

Need HELP! for Linking data

Help with Registration

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)

Spam Filtering HELP
I recently started a new job, and discovered after day one, that I had inharited a spam mess. Now the previous admin ad installed a Symantic Spam Server Prox which in my opinion, was a complete waste of money as it does not allow for blocking IP addresses. Now here is the question; I am running Exchange 2003, and am looking at setting up the Conection Filter under Message Delivery to block messages based on IP address. The problem is that when I save the IPs to be blocked, I get a message stating that the Connection filter "has to be enabled manually through the specific SMTP virtual serv...

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

Help with simple(?) VBA function

If Then Help!!!!
Hi! I'm stuck. I have a working macro but it needs a small tweek. The macro executes a find statement and performs calculations from the find to the end of the column. The problem is when nothing is found. I need an if statement or suggestion on how to tell it to skip the calculations if there is nothing found. This is what I have so far(with no if's): Cells.Find(What:="RIM", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas _ , LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Activate Selection.End(xlToRi...

Need macro help to close excel