Emailing contacts - problem

Hey!

When attaching a contact to an email, anyone within the company can open the
contact fine. But if sent outside the company the contacts get messed up
somehow. They open up as a message, more or less, and not as a "contact".
Maybe Exchange 2003 server converts outgoing emails or something?

Anyone knows why this happens, and if there is a solution?

TIA!!

 / Per

0
poh1 (89)

Hi Per

Are you sure that the user you are sending to is an Outlook/Exchange user as
well?

Regards
Martin

"Per Hagstrom" <poh@charter.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message
> Hey!
>
> When attaching a contact to an email, anyone within the company can open
> the contact fine. But if sent outside the company the contacts get messed
> up somehow. They open up as a message, more or less, and not as a
> "contact".
> Maybe Exchange 2003 server converts outgoing emails or something?
>
> Anyone knows why this happens, and if there is a solution?
>
> TIA!!
>
> / Per

0
martin5117 (55)
7/24/2006 3:35:18 PM
Yes, I'm actually sending to myself.. hehe! :) To our Exchange test server.
Plus I'm sending to my wife, and at her company they use Exchange/Outlook as
well.

Thanks though!

 / Per

"Martin Therkelsen" <martin@racket.dk> wrote in message
> Hi Per
>
> Are you sure that the user you are sending to is an Outlook/Exchange user
> as well?
>
> Regards
> Martin
>

> "Per Hagstrom" <poh@charter.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message
>> Hey!
>>
>> When attaching a contact to an email, anyone within the company can open
>> the contact fine. But if sent outside the company the contacts get messed
>> up somehow. They open up as a message, more or less, and not as a
>> "contact".
>> Maybe Exchange 2003 server converts outgoing emails or something?
>>
>> Anyone knows why this happens, and if there is a solution?
>>
>> TIA!!
>>
>> / Per

0
poh1 (89)
7/24/2006 4:15:26 PM
Np,

What type of file do you receive then?
I have been using it on our system without any problem.

> Yes, I'm actually sending to myself.. hehe! :) To our Exchange test
> server.
> Plus I'm sending to my wife, and at her company they use Exchange/Outlook
> as well.
>
> Thanks though!
>
> / Per
>

> "Martin Therkelsen" <martin@racket.dk> wrote in message
>> Hi Per
>>
>> Are you sure that the user you are sending to is an Outlook/Exchange user
>> as well?
>>
>> Regards
>> Martin
>>

>> "Per Hagstrom" <poh@charter.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message
>>> Hey!
>>>
>>> When attaching a contact to an email, anyone within the company can open
>>> the contact fine. But if sent outside the company the contacts get
>>> messed up somehow. They open up as a message, more or less, and not as a
>>> "contact".
>>> Maybe Exchange 2003 server converts outgoing emails or something?
>>>
>>> Anyone knows why this happens, and if there is a solution?
>>>
>>> TIA!!
>>>
>>> / Per

0
martin5117 (55)
7/24/2006 4:20:50 PM
If you go to your Outlook Contacts, right-click and forward.
Works fine when we send internal emails, but not external emails...
They seem to become some kind of HTML page attachments instead or
something...?
Same problem if my wife sends an email from her work too, so I don't think
it is an isolated problem, probably more of a default setting or something
on the Exchange server that needs to be changed... if it actually works for
you?

> Np,
>
> What type of file do you receive then?
> I have been using it on our system without any problem.
>
> Regards
> Martin
>
> "Per Hagstrom" <poh@charter.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message
>> Yes, I'm actually sending to myself.. hehe! :) To our Exchange test
>> server.
>> Plus I'm sending to my wife, and at her company they use Exchange/Outlook
>> as well.
>>
>> Thanks though!
>>
>> / Per
>>

>> "Martin Therkelsen" <martin@racket.dk> wrote in message
>>> Hi Per
>>>
>>> Are you sure that the user you are sending to is an Outlook/Exchange
>>> user as well?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Martin
>>>

>>> "Per Hagstrom" <poh@charter.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message

0
poh1 (89)
7/24/2006 6:05:39 PM
It has worked for me before, but let me check tomorrow when I get to work,
then I can give you an up to date answer.

> If you go to your Outlook Contacts, right-click and forward.
> Works fine when we send internal emails, but not external emails...
> They seem to become some kind of HTML page attachments instead or
> something...?
> Same problem if my wife sends an email from her work too, so I don't think
> it is an isolated problem, probably more of a default setting or something
> on the Exchange server that needs to be changed... if it actually works
> for you?
>
> / Per
>

> "Martin Therkelsen" <martin@racket.dk> wrote in message
>> Np,
>>
>> What type of file do you receive then?
>> I have been using it on our system without any problem.
>>
>> Regards
>> Martin
>>
>> "Per Hagstrom" <poh@charter.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message
>>> Yes, I'm actually sending to myself.. hehe! :) To our Exchange test
>>> server.
>>> Plus I'm sending to my wife, and at her company they use
>>> Exchange/Outlook as well.
>>>
>>> Thanks though!
>>>
>>> / Per
>>>

>>> "Martin Therkelsen" <martin@racket.dk> wrote in message

0
martin5117 (55)
7/24/2006 6:30:21 PM
Hi,

As promised I tried it out. It works fine here. When I send it I receive a
VCF file in the mailbox and that seems to work just fine.

Regards
Martin

"Per Hagstrom" <poh@charter.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message
> If you go to your Outlook Contacts, right-click and forward.
> Works fine when we send internal emails, but not external emails...
> They seem to become some kind of HTML page attachments instead or
> something...?
> Same problem if my wife sends an email from her work too, so I don't think
> it is an isolated problem, probably more of a default setting or something
> on the Exchange server that needs to be changed... if it actually works
> for you?
>
> / Per
>

> "Martin Therkelsen" <martin@racket.dk> wrote in message
>> Np,
>>
>> What type of file do you receive then?
>> I have been using it on our system without any problem.
>>
>> Regards
>> Martin
>>
>> "Per Hagstrom" <poh@charter.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message
>>> Yes, I'm actually sending to myself.. hehe! :) To our Exchange test
>>> server.
>>> Plus I'm sending to my wife, and at her company they use
>>> Exchange/Outlook as well.
>>>
>>> Thanks though!
>>>
>>> / Per
>>>

>>> "Martin Therkelsen" <martin@racket.dk> wrote in message

0
martin5117 (55)
7/25/2006 7:02:20 AM
Hi again,

I just looked a bit more into it and found a problem with it. When you send
from Outlook 2003 to an outside client, you need to send it using "send as
Vcard". The send as Vcard is done by opening the contact and under actions
you can choose how to send it. I was using Outlook 2007 and they seem to
have done it easiere there, you have the option right away with send
business card.

Regards
Martin

"Per Hagstrom" <poh@charter.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message
> If you go to your Outlook Contacts, right-click and forward.
> Works fine when we send internal emails, but not external emails...
> They seem to become some kind of HTML page attachments instead or
> something...?
> Same problem if my wife sends an email from her work too, so I don't think
> it is an isolated problem, probably more of a default setting or something
> on the Exchange server that needs to be changed... if it actually works
> for you?
>
> / Per
>

> "Martin Therkelsen" <martin@racket.dk> wrote in message
>> Np,
>>
>> What type of file do you receive then?
>> I have been using it on our system without any problem.
>>
>> Regards
>> Martin
>>
>> "Per Hagstrom" <poh@charter.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message
>>> Yes, I'm actually sending to myself.. hehe! :) To our Exchange test
>>> server.
>>> Plus I'm sending to my wife, and at her company they use
>>> Exchange/Outlook as well.
>>>
>>> Thanks though!
>>>
>>> / Per
>>>

>>> "Martin Therkelsen" <martin@racket.dk> wrote in message

0
martin5117 (55)
7/25/2006 7:29:42 AM
Yeah, OK, vcard works for me too. So you do have the same problem if you
don't pick vcard?

I wonder why that is? It works fine for internal emails, but not external,
unless you zip them up.
Would have liked to figure out a solution for the non-vcards, since that is
the default format of sending contacts...

Thanks!

> Hi again,
>
> I just looked a bit more into it and found a problem with it. When you
> send from Outlook 2003 to an outside client, you need to send it using
> "send as Vcard". The send as Vcard is done by opening the contact and
> under actions you can choose how to send it. I was using Outlook 2007 and
> they seem to have done it easiere there, you have the option right away
> with send business card.
>
> Regards
> Martin
>
> "Per Hagstrom" <poh@charter.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message
>> If you go to your Outlook Contacts, right-click and forward.
>> Works fine when we send internal emails, but not external emails...
>> They seem to become some kind of HTML page attachments instead or
>> something...?
>> Same problem if my wife sends an email from her work too, so I don't
>> think it is an isolated problem, probably more of a default setting or
>> something on the Exchange server that needs to be changed... if it
>> actually works for you?
>>
>> / Per
>>

>> "Martin Therkelsen" <martin@racket.dk> wrote in message
>>> Np,
>>>
>>> What type of file do you receive then?
>>> I have been using it on our system without any problem.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Martin
>>>
>>> "Per Hagstrom" <poh@charter.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message

0
poh1 (89)
7/25/2006 12:16:02 PM
I have the problem on a Outlook 2003 but not on 2007, so I guess it has been
a "bug" from Microsoft that they have fixed.

> Yeah, OK, vcard works for me too. So you do have the same problem if you
> don't pick vcard?
>
> I wonder why that is? It works fine for internal emails, but not external,
> unless you zip them up.
> Would have liked to figure out a solution for the non-vcards, since that
> is the default format of sending contacts...
>
> Thanks!
>
> / Per
>

> "Martin Therkelsen" <martin@racket.dk> wrote in message
>> Hi again,
>>
>> I just looked a bit more into it and found a problem with it. When you
>> send from Outlook 2003 to an outside client, you need to send it using
>> "send as Vcard". The send as Vcard is done by opening the contact and
>> under actions you can choose how to send it. I was using Outlook 2007 and
>> they seem to have done it easiere there, you have the option right away
>> with send business card.
>>
>> Regards
>> Martin
>>
>> "Per Hagstrom" <poh@charter.NOSPAMnet> wrote in message
>>> If you go to your Outlook Contacts, right-click and forward.
>>> Works fine when we send internal emails, but not external emails...
>>> They seem to become some kind of HTML page attachments instead or
>>> something...?
>>> Same problem if my wife sends an email from her work too, so I don't
>>> think it is an isolated problem, probably more of a default setting or
>>> something on the Exchange server that needs to be changed... if it
>>> actually works for you?
>>>
>>> / Per
>>>

>>> "Martin Therkelsen" <martin@racket.dk> wrote in message

0
martin5117 (55)

email or phonecall in a calander?
Hi, I am new to CRM and wonder if email or phone call activity is updated into the calander as well as appointment. Thank you, Sunny The only way to do this is to use one of our ADD-Ons. The GroupCalendar for MSCRM 1.2 is an Add-On that allows you to see all activities in the GroupCalendar. Also you can look into the Calendar of other users if you have the security privileges. If you want to see all further functionallity go to www.mscrm-addons.com and download a trial version. -- -- Christian support@mscrm-addons.com www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! GroupCa...

Sending a Publisher 2003 Newsletter in an email.
I'd like to send a newsletter I created using publisher in an email. I've tried a few different ways to do it but I'm not satisfied. I've tried to save it as a picture and insert it into Word and then put it in my email but it looses quality. I've tried to save it as a web publication but it won't keep the pictures I have in my newsletter. Any help or suggestions would be great. K.V.O. wrote: > I'd like to send a newsletter I created using publisher in an email. > I've tried a few different ways to do it but I'm not satisfied. I've > ...

Public folder Shared Contacts in Outlook Contact Favourites
Hi All, We have a Shared Contacts Public Folder which works fine and is flagged as an Outlook address book. Only thing is one of our users has now asked how to include this in Outlooks Contacts Favourites Tab, any ideas? Thanks, Nick In Outlook, Right Click on the Shared Contacts PF and select Add to Favorites. -- Regards, Boon "Nick" <NoOne@NotHere.com> wrote in message news:#QJ7dC91KHA.224@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > We have a Shared Contacts Public Folder which works fine and is flagged as > an Outlook address ...

Is there a way I can only print the reply instead of the entire email message
I wonder if there is a way I can only print the reply to an email message, instead of printing the entire message? My choice for selection only seem to be gone with Outlook 2003 printing options. Any help is appreciated.............Peter ...

Dialog Focus problem
Hello everyone, I am implementing a Popup window (like Outlook's new message or messenger's someone-signed-in window) based on a CDialog derived window. In order not to interfere with the user's experience, I don't want my dialog window to capture the focus when it shows, so I return FALSE in OnInitDialog. This is working well, until I click a button on the popup window that, in turn, closes the window. The next time the popup window appears after this, it is capturing the focus. I already tried to send a window message to another window when the user clicks the button, an...

Money 2002 problems
Last week, I was editing an entry, and the program crashed. Since that time, I can not open the program. I have tried everyway I can think of, but nothing happens. My operating system is Windows 98. I could reload the progam, but if I do, will I lose my current data. If that is the case, I do have a relatively current backup. Thanks for you help. Dennis H What error do you see? Reinstalling shouldn't affect your data, but I would take a backup copy of your MNY file for safety anyway. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?sci...

Not sending emails to groups
Hi, I am having a problem with my new laptop. I have several groups with several diff. emails for different people in diff. cities around the world. Whenever I want to send a email message to -- let's say -- people in NYC, if it is under a certain number of people the message is sent ok, but if it is let's say 40 people, it will be hanging in my outbox and it's NOT sent. I think Microsoft might have added some type of security feature that would unable viruses to send the same email message to my whole list. I might be wrong, but that's the only conclusion I could come u...

Big problem with OAL
Hi After I have installed SP1 on my Exchange server 2003 I get an error when it trays to generate the Offline address list I get at event error 9333 and 9335 I have tried to rebuild of the offline address books, and the problem persisted Can any one help me how to solve my problem? -Anders The 9333 OALGen encountered error 80004005 while opening the base offline address list public folder. Please make sure that a public folder replica exists. - /o=XXX/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List And The 9335 OALGen encountered error 8004010f while cleaning the offline addre...

outlook email #16
I have been using hotmail as my default email at home and using others for work. I would lide to receive all my emails at Outlood to reduce time wasted looking for the emails. darius On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 23:17:52 -0800, darius <darius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been using hotmail as my default email at home and using others for >work. I would lide to receive all my emails at Outlood to reduce time wasted >looking for the emails. > Get a paid Hotmail account and Outlook can be used to access the account. -- Rich Cervenka Chicago, Illinois, USA ...

Email addresses in a comma-delimited (CSV) file
I am trying to create a csv from another application to be imported into Excel. One of the columns will contain email addresses. Is there a way that I can format the data in the column to have the addresses be 'links' when brought into Excel. First, hyperlinks are not just formatting. The Insert|hyperlink style of hyperlinks are objects in excel. Second, CSV files are plain old text. They don't hold these kinds of objects. (And they also don't contain any formatting properties, either.) But third, you may be able to cheat a bit. Can you go back to the othe...

Exch 5.5 SP4
Hi One of my user sent an email to the client yesterday, Since then this user has been receiving return receipt every two minutes. Client has been also receiving the email in every 3 minutes. I have rebooted my server, Recreated the email address. Rest the IMS queue. Following is the email which my user are receving. Can any one please help. Thanks in advance -----Original Message----- From: Mail Delivery Subsystem [mailto:MAILER-DAEMON@nl.sbc.com] Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 11:01 AM To: Valerie@.com Subject: Return receipt The original message was received at Sat, 3 Feb 2007 ...

Outlook replication changes valid email to lastname firstname
CRM 4.0, Outlook 2007, CRM Outlook Online Client with latest Rollup. When some users are sync contact information between Outlook and CRM, sync changes email address firstname.lastname@company.com in CRM to format lastname firstname. Not happen to all users. One reason can be there are also mobile sync between Outlook (Exchange) and mobile phone. But this is also used by many users and only some have problems. It is look like email is populated with Outlook display value, not the real email. Any ideas what setting (and where) is not right? Jukka Majander ...

Problems with calendar in 2003
Until a few days ago, when I chose the Calendar button at the bottom of my navigation pane, my calendar used to appear. Now I only get a list of all the appointments etc I have put in my calendar with headings such as Subject, Location, Start, End, Recurrence Pattern. what have I done wrong and how do I get my calendar to again appear when I click on the Calendar button? TIA Liz J <thejordanschangethistoanatsignclara.net> wrote: > Until a few days ago, when I chose the Calendar button at the bottom > of my navigation pane, my calendar used to appear. Now I only get a &g...

Exchange 2003 / Outlook XP How to lock down email format / colour and disable signatures
My boss wants a uniform email look for everyone throughout the organisation, as users are using bizarre colours for email backgrounds, unusual fonts, and their own personal signatures. To create a standard signature for users using information from AD, I believe there are 2 ways: either create an event sink using a VB script (I dont know how to do do this, so I won't be trying); or use a third party application like Exclaimer (BTW is there a good alternative to this - I have a quote for this but it is pretty damn expensive for what it does). To prevent users from using their own signatur...

Weird scrolling problem with folders
I am having a really weird problem with my storage folders and scrolling to the bottom folder in the list. At the bottom of my email account list ( I have 15 email accounts, mostly imap), I have Outbox and underneath it Storage folders. I have a dozen or so folders in storage folders. When I expand storage folders and try to scroll down to the last item and click on it, the list will jump up , it will frequently jump back up a couple of items, and I can't see the bottom of the list. Does anyone have a bunch of folders in Storage folders, and does this happen to you? YOu have ...

External smtp email to public folder shown as post, not shown as email
Hi there, Exch2003 FE & BE servers, both running on w2k3 server, BE server also a DC & GC server. Now config public folder at BE, mail enabled it. For internal users, if sent email to public folder, it shown up as email. For external parties, if sent email to public folder, it shown up as post. Wondering how to tweak public folder so that external emails will shown as email instead of post? Many thanks! Try looking at the following KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817809 Martin Moustgaard "Zac" <zacfang@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:Og20iL...

Problems saving excel file from outlook
I have an EU that whenever he saves an excel file from outlook, it will rename the file (by adding the number "2" at the end of the file "file2.xls") and it also changes all the embedding links in the document. (The embedding link of F:\users\file.xls changes to c:\documents and settings\file.xls) Are you setting a Hyperlink base for your links? See Menu > File > Property > Summary tab. Put the original folder location there and when you move or save the file the links will not be renamed. Also assigning a letter to the drive can cause problems (not ...

Need to backup Contacts
I am running Outlook 2000 behind Windows ME. I want to make a backup of Contacts but cannot find the location of the file. When I search on *.pab, it returns "not found". I have over 850 entries in Contacts, so I know the file exists somewhere. Any suggestions on where to find or how to back-up? Thanks. Export your contacts folder to a .pst file. The .pab is old and obsolete and has not been used for a number of releases. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all ...

I want to open archived email attachments
I don't want to save to disk first. There is no danger from viruses as these are emails I know the source for. Please help. "Scott" <bobbb.bbbbb@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185979486.758557.219240@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com... >I don't want to save to disk first. There is no danger from viruses > as these are emails I know the source for. > Please help. > > And that attitude is EXACTLY how viruses get spread. How do you know 110% that the scource is NOT infected? "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message n...

Transferring contacts from OAB file
Hello, I am trying to transfer the entire GAL from a work PC to a home PC. I copied the oab, ost, and pst files to an external harddrive but have not been able to open the offline address book in Outlook at home. The pst opens fine. Any assistance or ideas appreciated. Thanks Love your attempt in regards to the oab/ost, but take a peek at http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm <dextrorama@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148816290.691150.313800@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I am trying to transfer the entire GAL from a work PC to a home PC. > > ...

Am I able to manage multiple email accounts
I have several email accounts including Gmail, HOtmail and corporate. I can't make Entourage mail (2004) list individual accounts or find how to manage profiles. Apple mail works but doesn't allow me to insert a tiff company logo without making it an attachment. Outlook allows for all of the above.<br> Appreciate help > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3285235088_9822952 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 2/7/08 1...

Area graph problem.
Hello, I have two columns of data, one for Chainage, and one for Elevation. Basically, it's the data of a track; the chainage is the total distance of a particular track point from the starting, and the elevation is the elevation of that particular track point. Anyhow, when I plot an Area graph with the elevation being the Y-axis, and the Chainage being the X-axis, the Chainage doesn't seem to maintain a constant interval. For example, the total chainage is from 0 to 115 km, and total elevation difference is from 2000m to 4000m. In the Y-axis, the elevation has an interval of 25 m...

Problem With Front End Server Exchange 2003
i m running exchange 2003 Stan on server 2003. i got Error message on my screen There is no RPC-HTTP Front-end in your exchange Organization. There Must be at Lease on RPC-HTTP Front-end Server in the organization before the RPC-HTTp back and serve. so how can i configuration RPCHTTP Front End www.microsoft.com/exchange On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 08:11:04 -0800, dua <dua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i m running exchange 2003 Stan on server 2003. >i got Error message on my screen >There is no RPC-HTTP Front-end in your exchange Organization. There Must be >at Lease on R...

i have problem with password to email server
i just got on the sight. How do i go about finding out the password to outlook express to the email server. I have to set up a internal email system. and everytime i get to log on outlook express it pops up with a window to enter a user and password. but i dont know it. How do i get my password back. can i get in touch with isp and get it. ...

Problem after e-mail server re-start
Hi, I have the prblem for OWA users to access the Exchange server every times re-started the server, and Outlook users using IMAP connection also experience delays or hangs. The following is found in the event log Source: W3SVC Event ID: 101 The server was unable to add the virtual root '/Exchange' for the directory 'M:\speedsourcing.com\MBX' due to the following error: The system cannot find the path specified. The data is the error code. From the Internet Services Manager, paths for Exchange, ExchWeb & Exadmin are all unavailable. The first two can be manually r...