Email resent mysteriously to our All.Company DL

Help!

A user in our company sent an email on the 29th Dec, 2006 to our All.Company
DL. This email was delivered to all users including myself.

Today when I came to work, our email server was down. I could not log on and
the server was completely unresponsive. Therefore, I reboot the server.

Literally 2 mins later, that same email dated 29th Dec, 2006 was sitting in
everyones inbox.

I looked at message tracking and I can see the message was submitted on the
29th Dec and delivered locally to all users AND was submitted 2 mins after
the reboot and delivered to all users locally.

I am 100% certain the sender did not resend it for 2 reasons. One, they are
not present today and do not have remote accesss. Two, the message header is
the same and if it was resent by the user it would not be dated 29th Dec,
2006 but 4th Jan, 2007.

I have checked what logs we have available and can find nothing out of the
ordinary. Where on earth do you start to look?

BTW, Exchange 2003 SP2.

Any help would be appreciated. I have people on my back for a quick answer
on this one...

0
DonPedro (12)

Email & Calenday Not Syncing
We have CRM 3.0 installed on a Win2K3 box, and recently changed the port from 5555 to 80. We had to disable the default web site in IIS on this box first. When using Outlook with the CRM add-on, or thru the browser alone, we can access CRM fine, but e-mails/appointments sent from CRM are not going thru to Exchange. We have reinstalled the Exchange Router on the Exchange box (also Win2K3), and changed any registry references to MSCRM on both servers from port 5555 to the default HTTP port. Still we aren't seeing anything. Any ideas why? Thanks ...

Deleted DL
Hi, I have a distribution list that was deleted from AD but still showing under OAB. We are running exchange 2003 under windows 2000 SP4 server. The strange thing is, when we view the Global Address book from EMS, the deleted DL does not show. We have no replication problems. None of the clients is using cache mode and we did rebuild OAL. Also, we tried downloading the OAB manually. Your help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance. I'm confused. If none of the clients are using Outlook in cached mode, then none of them will be using the Offline Address Book. Does thi...

How do I show Attachments List in the Body of an Email?
We want to have the attachment List at the bottom of the email below the signature for data recording processes. This saves us time rather than typing the names of files in. Can anyone HELP??? IT friends cant even help me out... We are stuck! Carm87 wrote: > We want to have the attachment List at the bottom of the email below the > signature for data recording processes. This saves us time rather than typing > the names of files in. > > Can anyone HELP??? IT friends cant even help me out... We are stuck! Since you never mentioned WHICH version of Outlook th...

Single email delivered 10 times
Does anyone know of a reason why an email sent a single time would be delivered to the recipient 10 times? This is only happening to one account. No one else has complained about a similar issue. This user sent a single email to a customer and they received it 10 times. I asked the user to email me at an external address and I received it twice. Does the user have any Outlook Rules setup? Have you tried recreating the users Outlook Profile? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

how do you start up the bulk email processor in 3.0
how do you start up the bulk email processor in 3.0. Would appreciate any help you could give CRM Server >> Administrative Tools >> Services >> Microsoft CRM Bulk E-mail Service >> Enable this service [by default it is disabled] Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "Brand" wrote: > how do you start up the bulk email processor in 3.0. Would appreciate any > help you could give Frank Thanks for your help. There is no enable setting should the setting be automatic or manual. Does the server need to be restarted or does the service start ...

Incorrect time for incoming email
This past Sunday, I went from Daylight savings time to standard time. The problem I have is that email and meeting requests are showing the wrong time. For example if I send a meeting request for 2:00 it is showing up on the recipients calander as 1:00. The time on the DC (2000), Exchange servers (2003) and clients are correct. There must be a setting I'm missing. Any ideas? I have recently learned there is a calendar setting in Outlook in Tools/Options/calendar options/time zone. If the check in Daylight savings is not in there then times will not correspond with Windows tim...

Sent emails appearing in inbox
Hello: How can I stop this? I recently installed Windows Mail with my Gmail account. Every email I send appears in my inbox. Does anyone know how to change settings so that I only see my new emails in the inbox with the correct number in parenthesis next to the Inbox folder? Currently the number of emails in the inbox reflects new emails plus those I send. Thank you in advance, Mary WYSIWYG when using IMAP to access the account. You want to switch to POP3 access. Mary Montanez wrote: > Hello: > > How can I stop this? > > I recently installed W...

Outlook will not let me delete email messages
I am trying to delete incoming emails and outlook is giving me the response that "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I have restarted outlook... I have removed software and and reinstalled software... and i am still recieving this message. I can pull up fine, but when I tried to send an email it is just sitting in the outbox. I have several email messages that I don't want to loose filed in my inbox. Helpppp! I am using XP Pro. Outlook 2003. -- Thank in advance for your help and support. Storm Storm <...

Is there a way to automatically send follow up email messages?
I want to que messages to be sent at a pre-determined time. Is there a way to set up an autoresponder in Outlook? Set the "do not deliver before" option via the Options button when composing a new message. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Nicky" <Nicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AC7385B-678E-4BE8-BD45-448E648F6F32@microsoft...

link video and sound in document to email without losing sound
In the past I have created word docs with some sound & video and they played good, as far as they were played on the same computer which saved the video and sound; However, I tested it by sending a copy to my self and couldnt play neither the video nor sound. I havent been able to bind all files together to send thru e-mail nor to burn a DVD, How do I do it, step-by step?? ...

My virus software won't let me email my spreadsheet... #2
I have a spreadsheet that I need to be to email, but Symantec's anti-virus software won't let it go through. I looked in the VB Editor and there was a module but it didn't have any code, just a header and footer so I deleted it, but it still wont go... Is there anything else I can do to this spreadsheet to make it go through or is this a Symantec issue? Thanks! Kelvin Change the file type to .abc (or any other extension that the blocker won't recognize). tell the person who is receivving the documentt to change it back. "Kelvin Beaton" wrote: > I have ...

Automatically having all incoming emails as CRM activity is not wo
I have just installed EMAIL Router on exchange, while it was working earlier, now it is not working. My incoming emails into the CRM box, is not getting converted into an activity automatically. Can someone pls. help. Sumit Hello, Could you please give some more details ? Incoming emails appears in MS CRM, but the corresponding activities don't appear ? Is that your problem ? Have you watch in the 'Closed Activity' view ? -- Michael MARTIN BrainSoft (France) "Sumit" wrote: > I have just installed EMAIL Router on exchange, while it was working earlier, >...

Cascading style sheets in CRM 3.0's email creator
When I cut/paste from design view in an html editor like Frontpage 2003 into CRM 3.0's email interface CRM picks up the text, pictures just fine, BUT it doesn't pick up the CSS....instead it just applies the default CRM 3.0 email font type/size. Is this just a limitation of CRM 3.0 since it does not actually have an integrated raw html editor? ...

Can emails be sent on behalf of a distribution group?
Hello, Our company needs to set up an email notification mechanism for informing our customers of upcoming events. The emails must originate from events@mycompany.com. Customers must RSVP to events@mycompany.com. Any email that is received on events@mycompany.com must be redirected to a few selected users. I created "events" as an email-enabled global distribution group. I also went ahead and added "Full Control" security for some of the users (including myself) so that "send as" can work for these users. Now, when an email is sent to events@mycompany.com, all ...

Check email in outbound queue
I have a suspect message waiting delivery. Luckily my Exchange server cant resolve the destination. I froze it in the queue, and I'd like to view the message. It was sent from postmaster(my account I assume). Anyone know how to view it, it's not listed in anyones Outbox or Sent Items Thanks. If you are using Exchange 5.5 then open file in IMCDATA\OUT with notepad. Jim wrote: > I have a suspect message waiting delivery. Luckily my Exchange server cant resolve the destination. I froze it in the queue, and I'd like to view the message. It was sent from postmaster(my account I a...

Outlook keeps getting email after it's closed
When I get the emails at home, it deletes the files from the server, so, I turn it off in the morning, so I can see it during the day, when I'm at work. However, something has recently happened, so that, it keeps getting my emails at home, even after I've closed it. I've looked all through the options, but I can't find out where to turn this feature off. any ideas here? "Elmo Watson" wrote in message news:%230FPdBuBIHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > When I get the emails at home, it deletes the files from the server, > so, I turn it off in the mornin...

Retrieve Deleted Emails
The deleted emails that I am desperatly trying to retrieve were in Outlook 2000. Anyone. Can they be retrieved? Please help. If you deleted them and then emptied the deleted items folder, no. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Sam asked: | The deleted emails that I am desperatly trying to retrieve | were in Outlook 2000. | | Anyone. Can they be retrieved? | | Please help. M...

Submit button to email for request form to be approved/denied
Hello everyone, I sent a message earlier about the submit button in access. What I have designed is a form that a user can go into and enter information then once they hit the submit button it will go to the specified email address but I don't particularly know how to code it. The way it is designed I think I would have to have different forms so that the user can submit it then it will go to another form. The approving parties will approve or deny the request then submit the information back, then that email will shoot back to the user who requested approval. Can anyone help me on...

Email into a Calendar Invite
Is it possible in Outlook 2007 to invite all of the recipients in an email into a Calendar invite where the subject matter will automatically populate as well? ...

Can't Send Emails
Hi I'm having problems sendin emails, they just sit in the outbox abd the following error message appears:- "An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Re: Your enquiry, reference number RM0124-9733', Account: 'pop.freeserve.net (1)', Server: 'smtp.freeserve.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0B" There is no problem receiving emails. This may have started about the time I upgraded to Outlook Express 6 although I'm not sure now if that was a coincidence. Any help gratefully received. Gareth Are you dialling up...

email colored background
Plz step by step colored background for Office Outlook and XP. I need it for an Afrocan AIDS Relief Charity. www.ahcip.org That's an Outlook question and best answered in that forum. But for a head start on it, open Outloook and search for "stationary" within Outlook's Help feature. "Colored background" wrote: > Plz step by step colored background for Office Outlook and XP. I need it for > an > Afrocan AIDS Relief Charity. www.ahcip.org Cullen thanks you I have printed your answer out and will go to oit tommorow. With kind regards and much a...

email list
I am attemptng to create a list of email addresses within an email program (SBC Yahoo!). each cell in the column contains a unique address and all of the addresses will be sent together as a mass mailing. Please help! Thank you! ...

How to stop inbox emails opening
The first incoming e-mail to my empty Inbox opens automatically. Forwarding unread emails causes them to open automatically when sent. Sometimes transferring e-mails from Inbox to Junkmail makes them open automatically. This happens even though I don't Left Click on them. How can I stop all of these? To define when a message gets marked as read use; Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Reading Pane... When printing, replying or forwarding as message, they will always be marked as read; you cannot change this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Co...

Email created with Publisher is distorted when previewed and sent
Used email template for announcing speaker/event. Both preview screen and recipient's email show same distortion. Break in text lines that coincide with vertical margin of template boxes for Date and Time. ...

Need a Word Count in Email using Outlook 2002
I go to the box where it says check for Word as your email editor. But the little box never gets hightlighted, so I can't check it. What gives? How can I get a word count in my e-mail? Are you using the same version of Outlook and Word? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, miscellaneousmedia@yahoo.com asked: | I go to the box where it says check for Word as your email editor. B...