Email rejection from earthlink.net users

We have resently changed from Exchange 5.5 in an NT 4.0
enviroment to Exchange 2003 with Server 2003. We are
getting a email rejection when users send email to
earthlink.net users. Message follows:

'finster764@earthlink.net' on 4/7/2004 2:00 PM
            There was a SMTP communication problem with
the recipient's email server.  Please contact your system
administrator.
            <hera01.dewittstern.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-
EarthLink does not recognize your computer (63.239.42.66)
as connecting from an EarthLink connection.  If this is in
error, please contact technical support.>

ftoner (6)

Hi Frank,

If you are using Windows 2003 DNS you will need to use the following article
to make a change on your DNS Server.

828263 DNS query responses do not travel through a firewall in Windows
Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=828263

Hope this helps,
--
Patrick Genova
Pgenova@online.microsoft.com

"Frank" <ftoner@dewittstern.com> wrote in message
> We have resently changed from Exchange 5.5 in an NT 4.0
> enviroment to Exchange 2003 with Server 2003. We are
> getting a email rejection when users send email to
> earthlink.net users. Message follows:
>
> 'finster764@earthlink.net' on 4/7/2004 2:00 PM
>             There was a SMTP communication problem with
> the recipient's email server.  Please contact your system
> administrator.
>             <hera01.dewittstern.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-
> EarthLink does not recognize your computer (63.239.42.66)
> as connecting from an EarthLink connection.  If this is in
> error, please contact technical support.>

pgenova (145)

awkward message when replying email
I'm using windows xp with ms outlook xp as my primary email client. When I replaying an email, the original message goes like this (1) but when I'm replying any email it become the number (2). Is there any setting went wrong? I'm in the need of solving this problem as I'm not the one who is wrinting the original message when I reply to any email. Thanks ---------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------ 1) Original replying email should be as below. -------Original Message-------- From: Lee Cheng Poh [mailto:PC...

vb.net conection string to C# -- problem
Here is the oledb connection string which works fine in VB.Net connOle.ConnectionString = _ & "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" _ & "Data Source=C:\;Extended " _ & "Properties=""text;"HDR=Yes;FMT=TabDelimited""" I am having problems with the doublde quotes inside the string ..."Properties = ""...""" part. Here is what I tried that is not working: connOle.ConnectionString = + "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" + "Data Source=C:\\;" + "Extended Propert...

how to notify the user of a certain event from within a NDIS IM?
is it possible to make an interactive notification to the user from within a NDIS IM? i mean something like a baloon in the notification area ("tray"). and, if possible, start an executable if the user clicks the baloon. if yes - how? On Feb 5, 10:46=A0am, Vitalie Vrabie <vitalie.vra...@gmail.com> wrote: > is it possible... i know i can write my own service to poll/callback on the driver and pop up the baloons. but there are chances that such a service already exists in the system and i just have to teach my driver to interact with it. after all, there&...

view email in html format
i just switched from express to outlook 97 v8.02 and now my email opens in text format. it did open in html if required when i was using express v6.0. how can get my email to open in html format instead of text? ...

Copying attachments to another email gives odd results
Hi, Using Outlook 2003 SP3 using an updated Windows XP SP3 When I copy 5 attachments from one email and paste them into another, it some times pastes the same attachment for all 5 but uses the correct name. I end up with an email with 5 different names, but they're all the same file. Saving them locally then reattaching seems to prevent this and it happens in rare situations. Is this a known issue? ...

Exchange user Administrative Group
Hello, We have 25 sites world wide. We close our office in Turkey and all user's inside this site moved to other site. The DC has been decomissioned. Now, after 3 weeks, we wanted to remove the site OU from AD. But, when I checked the user properties under Exchange Advance Tab in AD console, I found user is under the site OU that need to be remove. We would like to remove that site OU from Active Directory. Does it create problem?, when site OU deleted from AD? if yes, can we change it to the site where all the user's belongs currently? appreciate your advise and help. Yonkey...

Centralising email store
Hi All! I work in an office with three computers, the main one with most of the data on and two others. The three computers are directly networked to each other through a modem/router box.. We currently have OE6 but will shortly move to Outlook. Before I move, I could really do with some help with a question. It used to be one of my jobs to enter new contacts into the Address Book on each computer. Then I would have to run regular checks to make sure no-one else had been entering data and that the address books were all up to date. Eventually I got bored with this and tried to find a bette...

Impossible add user, authentication error!!!
Good morning all, I've just setup microsoft crm 3.0. When I attempt to add a user, I receive an error "Impossible add user through wizard contact support" how I can resolve? Thanks. ...

Free Credit Reporting? Only for new users?
I have been using Money for several years. Used Money 2005 and upgraded to 2006 shortly after it became available. Up until this morning I never tried to access the free credit reporting option available through Money 2006. When I tried this morning, I started by following the "sign up now" link in Money. After filling out the web form I was directed to, I was informed that I already had an account. (That account has expired, so all I have is a login that doesn't actually take me to a credit report.) So, I went back to Money and clicked on the "Already signed up?"...

Importing email accounts from Outlook 2000 into 2003 (via iaf files)
Hello there, Summary: How to import Email accounts from Outlook 2000 iaf files (created when exporting) into Outlook 2003. Full details: I done what I thought was a great idea, after having a problem with my PC decided to upgrade to Office 2003 (from 2000) Pro as it was offered to me free (Or I could have taken a memory upgrade). Reading this newsgroup it would seem that was a mistake! My current problem is that I cannot import that many email accounts I had created in outlook 2000. One work around is to import first into Outlook Express 6 and then import from there, but I still have to do...

How to recover permanently deleted emails from Outlook Express 6.0
In OE6.0 I have my settings so that on exiting the application all items in the Deleted Folder are permanently removed. I occasionally run "Compact all Folders". Sometimes I would like to recover emails deleted since my last compaction and today see that my "Deleted.DBX" file is large. I presume the emails are still present there but marked "not for display". Is there a nil cost way of restoring the deleted emails? I have tried an importing approach with no success. Thanks in advance for helpful comments. -- Geoff Not an Office issue. Outloo...

email addresses in excel
How do I make email addresses in Excel open with Netscape 7 Messenger. I tried to run 'Set Programs and Defaults', selected Netscape 7 Messenger as my default mail client but it still uses Thunderbird (which was default prior to that) when I click on email link. I also restarted my computer to refresh the registry - it didn't work. Is this something I can configure in Excel or is this part of the XP OS settings. Thanks in advance Hi bluepuppet. Take a look at this site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "bluepuppet" wrote: >...

transfering emails
I've purchased a new computer and loaded my same version of Microsoft Office onto it. My question is with Outlook...how do I move all the folders and emails I've created/saved and my inbox (etc) onto the new computer? I'm going to assume you're using either Outlook 2002 or 2003 since you didn't mention your version...that assumption allows me to point you to a particular article :-) Look at the following two articles for help with this -- one is a primer on Outlook files, and the other gives instructions for moving to a new Outlook 2002 or 2003 machine. http://www.sl...

Missing emails in outlook 2007
In the past 1 1/2 month, my Outlook acting strange. Like last night, when I turned on my notebook and I noticed I got total 47 e-mail. Since, I need to rush out to have dinner with someone, so I let the computer keep on running and do the download mail automatically. But, when I came back. I noticed lot of mails are not in my Outlook's Inbox. So, I went on to Gmail and found about 15 mails not shown on "inbox" but at all mails. This means the mail box considered that these 15 mails already download. This problem is not always happen, I have noticed, as long as I keep using ...

Email Piping
Is it possible to do email piping in Exchange. We run a helpdesk ....perldesk that was designed for unix but can run on windows. To get some of the features to work email piping has to be set up on the mail server. Is this possible with Exchange? "Peter Fraser" <p_lfraser@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is it possible to do email piping in Exchange. We run a >helpdesk ....perldesk that was designed for unix but can >run on windows. To get some of the features to work email >piping has to be set up on the mail server. Is this >possible with Exchange? No. At least ...

Getting email from my hard drive
My desktop system recently lost it's power supply and I have not decided if I am going to replace it or not. I purchased an external hard drive enclosure so that I could get the important emails that were in outlook before my loss of power. Now I am unable to figure out how to pull them up. I can get to almost everything else that was on the hard drive except the email and outlook items. Does anyone have any suggestions? Look for files for a .PST file extension. This file will contain your calendar, contacts, tasks, e-mail, .etc. Just have to copy the .PST file to a new m...

Unable to setup email account
I have got a new machine which runs Windows 2000 pro, I installed MS OFfice XP STD. I go to run outlook for the first time so that I can setup the email account etc. I get the following error message "The operation failed due to a registry or installation problem. Restart Outlook and try again. If the problem persists, please reinstall." I am logged in the machine as administrator and I have reinstalled outlook, even run a repair, nothing appear to be working for me. Excel and Word run OK. Any Help would be greatly appreciated. ...

DocBook XSL and .NET XslTransform
Hello *, I'm trying to transform my DocBook document with the FO stylesheet from the DocBook XSL distribution (the transformation with the XHTML stylesheet works). I changed "$years[1] + 1" to "number($years[1]) + 1" two times in common.xsl. But the transformation doesn't work anyway. The funny thing is, that if I use the msxsl command line utility there is no problem. But when I use nxslt (or my own code) then I get the following error. <snip> Error occurred while executing stylesheet 'c:\docbook\xsl\fo\docbook.xsl'. System.Xml.XPath.XPathExcepti...

Forwarding reminders by email
Hi, Is there a server-side script or tool (in Exchange 2003) for sending email notifications for Calendar and Tasks reminders? Thanks... nh ...

User-defined Ph# fields for contacts; is is possible?
In Outlook 2000 or 2003, I can find no way to define my own phone number types for contacts. Under Phone Numbers (in 2003), the default settings are Business, Home, Business Fax, and Mobile. If I click the carat next to each of these, I can choose another type from the list, but the list only includes 19 types and no way to define my own (that I can see). We deal with large companies and often need to keep numbers for many different departments within the company. Outlook Contacts seems to have many features and fields geared toward storing information about individuals, but we nee...

Disable the forward mail function when user is out of the office.
Hi all Have any people know that how to disable the forward mail function in "Tools" > "Out of Office Assistant" > "Add Rule" , even just only allow user type the message on "AutoReply only once to each sender with the following text" and disallow add any rule. Is it possiable ? Thanks you for your help. Thanks Philip Philip Tsang wrote: > Hi all > > Have any people know that how to disable the forward mail function in > "Tools" > "Out of Office Assistant" > "Add Rule" , even just only > all...

httpcontext.current.user.identity.name
Is there any way to get the value from httpcontext.current.user.identity.name when authentication in your web.config is set to "forms"? On Feb 8, 8:38=A0pm, Doogie <dnlwh...@dtgnet.com> wrote: > Is there any way to get the value from > httpcontext.current.user.identity.name when authentication in your > web.config is set to "forms"? Yes, it should return a name. Please follow the article on MSDN on how to implement Forms-Based Authentication in ASP.NET application http://support.microsoft.com/kb/301240 Hope this helps ...

Default email text size?
Outlook & Word 2003. I have Word set as my email editor. When I click for a new email it starts with a default font sized of 10. How do I change to a larger default? Word is set to default to size 12 and does this when it is started independently but when it comes up for emails it is 10. Thanks in advance... Bob Bob, Just open a new e-mail (blank) and click on Tools>Options>General>E-mail Options>Personal Stationery. Under the heading "New E-mail Messages" click Font. Then make your selections as to size, color, font,etc. Then just click OK to back your...

Multiple users of same account and mailbox
Hi! A client has 20 users logging onto the same windows 2003 account and the same exchange 2003 mailbox. Outlook hangs when about 15 of them are logged on at the same time. Can we do anything about this? Is there a limit somewhere that can be tweeked? /Tessa I am not sure of the limits per mailbox but 15 people hitting the same mailbox does seem to be alot. It would also depend on the resources available to your server as well as your network performance. Once suggest I have is to look into using Public Folders as opposed a mailbox which is more geared toward multiple accessing it. -...

Email Stuck in the Queue for Just one domain
Hello Everyone! We have exchange 2003 behind a firewall. All our emails are going thru except for one company. Can you think of any reason why? Could it be that their firewall is blocking us? Also can some one tell me how to get rid of the Bad Mails all together. I have setup to block the SPAM and also unchecked "Allow non delivery reports" to resolve this issue but I am still getting lots of bad emais. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Thanks in advance! It could just be that their mail system is down or some other fluke. Do an NSLookup on the domain and try to...