Email not delivered - Messages awaiting directory lookup

We have 3 domains - One Forest
Domain: USA (root), Exchange 2000, Site USA, Routing Group to the
Netherlands Exchange server
Domain: Netherlands, Exchange 2000, Site Netherlands, Routing Group to the
USA Exchange server
Domain: EU, Exchange 2003, Site EU, Routing Group to the USA Exchange server
and Netherlands Exchange server.

All sites are placed in Administrative Group.
Mail flow:
- Between EU and USA Exchange server: Doesn't work
The mail stays in the “Messages awaiting directory lookup” queue.
- Internet: Ok
- Between Netherlands and USA Exchange server and back: Ok
- Between Netherlands and EU Exchange server and back: Ok

Mcrosoft says that this is a Global Catalog Issue. If we test with
DCDIAG.exe and Netdiag.exe everything is ok.

Set logging off Exchange to maximum but no errors?

Thanks,
-Eddy
0
EddyKaram (2)

It could be a GC issue: more specifically a communications issue with the
GC. If DCDIAG and Especially NETDIAG came out clean all that means is all
services are responding normally.
If you have multiple GC's go into the Server object in ESM and manually
pick the DC and GC. If the situation improves try the other GC DC etc. You
may find something there.
That still leaves a lot of room for error. How about the network
configuration? Are you using Teaming NIC's on the Exchange server? if so do
you have the very latest drivers for them? Are they set to AUTO or are they
manually configured (preferable).
If the Exchange server or the DC/GCs are multi homed, are both NIC's
operational? If one is disconnected make sure to disable it. As a test,
shut down one of the NIC's and make sure the working one is on the top of
the BINDING order.
Make sure the subnet(s) for your domain are defined in ADSS.

In the RUS make sure the DC listed is a valid DC for your domain.

I hope that helps,

0
roberba (123)

How to filter to show only one message from a specific sender/subject
I would like to filter out all but one email with the same subject line from a specific sender. I subscribe to a message board that sends an email every time a posting is made to a thread, instead of just the first posting after I have read the thread. Is there a way for filter out the duplicate messages and just keep the oldest email? Thanks, Brian ...

Change SMTP Server name in Message-ID
Dear all, I just have migrated Exchange Server 2003 from Exchange Server 5.5 for customer. Then customer ask me to change Exchange Server SMTP name (because cannot change NETBIOS name without re-installed.) So, I change through Exchange System Manager > SMTP Virtual Server > Delivery Tab > Advance > FQDN name from "thoresex1.thoresen.com" to "mail.thoresen.com" It seem OK except "message-ID" still appear like; "Message-ID: <2130B2528CD4B4408AEF7B50583E58800F8560@thoresex1.thoresen ...com>" Please see all message headers below:...

can i find out what machine sent a message?
Hi. I believe I have a mass worm virus on one of my user machines. the address postmaster@atmycompanyaddress.com is sending huge amounts of email. When the NDR is recorded it is spoofing legit email address. These then clog up my users email box's, they then give me hell. I need to find which user has been affected pretty quickly. the subject of the emails are Warning Message: Your services near to be closed. Account Alert Your Account is Suspended For Security Reasons and random char. Any advice gladly accepted. exchange 2003. I think you are a victim of spoofing, we recei...

How to forward email in Exchange2003
Shortly we have windows server 2003 instead of windows NT, now the problem is that I don't know how to forward mail from a user to a second email-adres within Exchange2003. ...

Removing Message Handler
I am using Microsoft Visual C++ on Windows XP and am developing Windows graphics code using the MFC AppWizard. I have a class, CImageView, which is derived from CScrollView. I would like to add a message handler for WM_LBUTTONDOWN but, when I got go "Add Windows Message Handler", this is already in the list of added handlers. When I highlight it and click "Edit Existing" I am taken to OnMouseMove(). There does not appear to be a way to remove this handler so that I can add it properly. It is possible that I added it at some point and then rmoved it by deleting every re...

Tracking "Outbound messages awaiting delivery"
Currently running Exchange 5.5 (in an NT 4.0 domain). In Exchange Admin, under Internet Mail Service, Queues: Under the Outbound messages awaiting delivery -- this queue is constantly being populated by what I would consider junk mail. The destination addresses seem to be very bogus. The orginator is almost always <> (it looks like the origin is unknown). How can I track these messages down and make sure that they do not appear in my outbound queue?? Thank you in advance, TR "Timothy Ross" <ross_timothy@hotmail.com> wrote in news:e7iousL8DHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP09.ph...

Emailing Routing in Mixed Environment
We are setting up CRM 1.2 in a mixed NT4 (Exchange 5.5) and AD (Exchange 2003) environment. I need a little help setting up the email routing. I set it up according to scenario 2 (page 72 of the Implementation Guide) which involves a separate subdomain for the CRM Exchange server. Here is the behavior as indicated on page 75: In each of these scenarios, Microsoft CRM users and queues send messages from the Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003 server by using the Microsoft CRM subdomain (user@crm.adventure-works.com). Replies to these messages are handled in one of two ways: * If the reply ...

email addressbook name order (last, first)
I'm using stand alone Outlook 2007. When I create a new email then hit "To" and my address book come up all the names are arranged first, last. How do I order them last, first? Thank you Change the sort here: Tools menu > Account Settings > Address Book tab > Highlight Outlook Address Book > Click Change "Dave R" <rezin8@threshold-studio.com> wrote in message news:D14B3FCF-D6F2-453D-8BEC-B398C687ED1F@microsoft.com... > I'm using stand alone Outlook 2007. When I create a new email then hit > "To" and my address book come up...

Incoming And Outgoing Message Forward
Hi Fellows i know many peoples around here to help me can u please give me solution on my problem thanks in advance 1. i have a exchange server installed now i want to set on server side that if some one on my domain want to send email on any internet email domain or local domain. then server just put one copy on my backup account that resides on my server i want to take all records of email of incoming and outgoing messsages i know how to forward a copy of email to another account when new message arrives now i just want to take the copy of sent mails of my users in exchange can s...

System.IO.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
Also posted in general ASP.NET forum. System.IO.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. I have hit a problem for which I can find no solutions. Has anyone any ideas? I am writing XML into a Memory STream and using a Transform to make HTML. This works fine normally, but I have now the above stated error. I did get some odd chars in the HTML name which caused a problem, which I corrected. The current error seems to random. I am wondering if memory is the problem, or disk space. Last Trace - html 2-->../Grohe/Grohe-Sundries-Handles-Handles-Automati...

Outlook Import of Eudora email
Outlook 2003 doesn't seem able to import email from Eudora version 6. I get this message that the folder could not be opened. Is there a workaround to this? Use Outlook Express as an intermediary. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Michael <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Outlook 2003 doesn't seem able to import email from Eudora | version 6. I get this message that the folder could not be | opened. Is there a workaround to this? In article...

no message in email
I have about 120 clients. Email from one particular client sent to only three particular clients arrives blank. OK for everyone else. If anyone else forwards the email is arrives OK. All are running Win98SE and Outlook 2000 SP1. SP3 is not installed because of trouble with attachments. Outlook repair has been run, Outlook has been removed and re-installed all with improvement. Any ideas. -- dmtech =?Utf-8?B?ZG10ZWNo?= <dmtech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:BB699AF3-3987-45D0-B01C-0433F9C6321B@microsoft.com: > I have about 120 clients. Email from one particular clie...

Hyperlinks don't work in emails!!!!!
When I click on a hyperlink in an email it opens up an empty explorer window. The page or image never loads. How can I fix this problem? ...

How do I display Older email
My current view only shows emails that are 2 weeks old. How do I display older emails that are previous than that? VG <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My current view only shows emails that are 2 weeks old. > How do I display older emails that are previous than that? View>Current View>Messages or View>Arrange By>Current View>Messages (depending on the version of Outlook which you thought we could use mind-reading to determine). -- Brian Tillman ...

Delay receiving email from Exchange
Env: Small Business Server 2000; Outlook 2002 SP3 I have one user who does not automatically receive email from the Exchange server. As soon as you click any item in her inbox, new mail is received. Everyone else in the same office with the same setup (as far as I can tell) is working fine. Any ideas would be appreciated. > I have one user who does not automatically receive email > from the Exchange server. As soon as you click any item > in her inbox, new mail is received. Everyone else in the > same office with the same setup (as far as I can tell) is > working fine...

Search result messages stop responding
I have searched through Microsoft's site looking for information on the following issue with no success. After doing a search on Inbox, Sent the resulting messages seem to show up and can be opened, printed etc, but if the user does not work with the results for even just a few seconds, Outlook stops responding. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks. ...

Messages stuck in Outbox after mail merge
After mail merge utilizing ACT database messages remain stuck in Outlook outbox. Each time I click "send" it freezes up and I get a message that the messages in question are in the process of being sent. I cannot delete or move the messages to another folder for the same aforementioned reason. Can anyone help me please?? ...

prevent outgoing emails single mailbox
Is it possible to hold a user's emails in a holding area and give the end user the impression that emails have been delivered. When emails have been examined they will be released. We need to monitor a user for security reasons. Any assistance or ideas greatly appreciated. On Mon, 30 May 2005 05:55:01 -0700, Eilish <Eilish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to hold a user's emails in a holding area and give the end >user the impression that emails have been delivered. When emails have been >examined they will be released. > >We need to mon...

Send from "role" email
So, we just transitioned from an ISP hosted email to Exchange 2003 SP2. The office manager always used "info@company.com" for sending and receiving emails. Now we have her set up with her own name for login and emails/Mailbox... and also have her receiving the inbound emails that are addressed to "info@company.com". Seems to be working inbound just fine... except if we try to send emails changing the "From" herID to "info@company.com" -- it will not send emails. I think she'll want to continue using this "role" email for most corresp...

"FileDialogOpen"
xl03 I'm using "Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogOpen)" to present a list of files to the user so he/she can select a wb to load. My question is, can I somehow force the dialog to open with a specific directory? -- Regards Rob (Most of this was stolen from the help for .filedialog) Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim lngCount As Long Dim curFolder As String Dim newFolder As String curFolder = CurDir newFolder = "C:\test" ChDrive newFolder ChDir newFolder ' Open the file dialog With Application.FileDialog(msoFileD...

Extender Lookup 02-04-10
Hello, I created an Extender Lookup; but not sure where I can use this Lookup? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks May ...

Deliver malformed messages to recipient instead to the badmail directory
Hello, I was wondering if it is possible to deliver malformed message(s) to a recipient instead of deliver it to the bad mail queue. A customer get's e-mail from a company where the UTF7 encoding is not correct, so the e-mail from that company is not delivered to the recipient but to the badmail directory. Is this possible in Exchange 2003 SP2? TIA, Fred "fred" <fred@wppd.info.invalid> wrote: >I was wondering if it is possible to deliver malformed message(s) to a >recipient instead of deliver it to the bad mail queue. A customer get's >e-mail from...

when opening excel I receive a message that says file can't be fo.
When I try to open excel, I receive a message that says Files\microsoft.xls could not be found. Check spelling of the file name and verify that it is correct. I click ok and then get a message saying Office\office11\excel.exe could not be found ... with same message. I'm clicking on the desktop shortcut but this happens even when I go to programs. This started happening not too long ago and I thought XP might have had problems with my office 97 so I just upgraded to Office Small Business 2003 and have the same problem. Ken Try the usual fix(es) for this problem. Tools>Optio...

Cannot find delivered emails
Hi, I have some Kyocera copiers that have a scan to email functionality. On a few of them, I am not able to receive the scans. I have the machines set up to use my Exchange 2003 box as its SMTP server. Both the from and to addresses belong to my domain. I believe the Kyocera is authenticating correctly. The copier believes that it has sent the message successfully. I have even tried to use my ISP's SMTP server and I know it is successfully handing off the email to the bellsouth smtp server. However when the bellsouth server tries to deliver the message the same thing happens, it ...