email inbox searching

Looking for a better tool to do email legal searches
against Exchange 2000 and 2003 inboxes.
The Outlook search tool is too cumbersome to use when a
large number of search terms are required.
I have not used exmerge for 2k3 yet but the version for
2000 is also limted and seems to export numbers of email
that do not contain the targeted terms. Sifting through
the false positives is too time consuming.

Is there a utility or other product that will do this?
thx
0
anonymous (74722)

Employees & their family / friends in collusion to bypass email fi
Currently, we have a barracuda that has about 40 manually typed extensions in the barracuda interface to filter movie formats by extension. However, it seems individuals are getting their friends on the outside to rename : blah.mpeg to blah.qrx - meaning it is a fake extension. This bypasses the filters. I asked barracuda networks if its possible to do any kind of mime filtering, that analyzes the data, and not just the extension, through header/footer analysis of the attachment(s), and they said it is not possible. can any 3rd party mail clients take this task, and deliver with an a...

Outlook CRM CLient cant set regarding inside email
Hello, When I open an email and hit track in CRM it does track I then want to set the regarding but the button does nothing. If I hit the down arrow/pick list it displays one empty box below. It used to show my recent tracking and regarding items. Has anyone seen this before? how can I fix it? Outlook 2007 CRM 4.0 Rollup 7 Windows XP CRM Server running on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 Email router also on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 Thanks in advance Ian ...

Open 'new email' in outlook (using word as editor, as per normal)
I have a field in each record of a continuous form that contains an email address. There is a command button next to it which, when clicked, should open outlook to email that address. Like what happens in a normal email hyperlinks I can see two ways of doing this: 1) Turn the field to a hyperlink. This works perfectly, however it makes it a pain to edit the link. 2) Use the sendobject command in VBA / a macro. Again: This works, however unlike the above it opens the new message directly in outlook instead of using word as the email editor as per outlook settings?? Can anyone shed any ligh...

How do I send a photo in email at a particular resolution?
I have been requested to send a photo at a "resolution" of 300. How do I determine resolution when attaching a photo to Outlook? From: "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> | I have been requested to send a photo at a "resolution" of 300. | How do I determine resolution when attaching a photo to Outlook? Use your preferred graphics program and open the graphic. Then save a copy at the requested resolution and subsequently attach the modified graphic to the email. -- Dave http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html Multi-AV - http://www.p...

meeting invites now show up as emails only
As of very recently, Outlook invites sent from my work calendar to my home calendar (both Outlook, although work Outlook is 2003 I think) now only show up as emails, not as calendar invites. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening - it used to work just fine. Fixes? ...

Email Queue Clients receiving failure email
I have set up queues in CRM and wehen emailing to them from the outside, the queues receive the emails and we can work with them. However, every time you email to them form the outside, the outside email will receive and error that the message could not be delivered. How can I stop the delivery error message from going out? Also, when the messages come in, they have warning on them that sender doesn't exits in CRM nor does the recipient. I totally understand the need for this in a CRM system. What I don't know is how and where do I add my Queue Email Addresses into my system so...

Duplicate email #5
I have several users who on occasion receive duplicate emails. Some as many as four duplicates. I have checked all settings and they seem to be correct. My email provider doesn't seem to have an answer either. If you are using POP3 accounts, then it is on the providers side, unless a person in the mailing group has a setting to auto frward to that person. I had that happen a few times for people who were on the main mailing list and their supervisor also was forwarding them the email. Email providers NEVER claim it is on their end I have found. "Aaron" <anonymous@discu...

Host Unreachable when sending email.
When I do an 'nslookup' on the domain I get the message "Non-authoritative answer" and then it lists the domain and the I/P address. What is "Non-authoritative answer" and would that prevent me from sending email to someone on that domain? No, it will not. Non-authoritative means that the name server (DNS) is not the "owner" of that domain. In other words, it is not authoritative. It can still, however, resolve the names necessary for sending mail. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;153001 for a pretty good discussion of how th...

Inbox #3
This is a problem that is random and ive checked all settings and i dont know how to fix it. At random when I go to my inbox it will redirect me to a search engine. In the address bar it has outlook:inbox it shows the messages real fast and then it takes me to this page: http://www.jraun.com/search.php?search=outlook:Inbox. I can hardly access my inbox because it does it at random and there may be days it will go to the search engine. If someone could help me correct this problem that would be great. Thanks, Joe See the AdAware and Spybot section below.... *** Good security hous...

Is there a way to have 2 Outlook email accounts open at the same .
Currently I have to close one email account before checking my second email account, which I do all day long and is a bit of a nuisance. Please help! There's got to be a way that I can keep both open and just click on the bar on the bottom of the page to go from one to the other with ease ... please tell me how to do that! Thank you!!! -- Diane It's so easy to do, I'm sure that's why you missed it. Tools > Email Accounts... > Add the other accounts. Each will show in the same Outlook window, but in different PSTs. bondg "Diane" <Diane@discuss...

export email account #2
was incredibly easy in express. Like som many other things this feature is missing or not at all obvious in outlook. Anyone know how to do it? Getho You can try using the Microsoft Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard. "Getho" <gethinc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42bbb2d5$0$27710$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au... > was incredibly easy in express. Like som many other things this feature > is missing or not at all obvious in outlook. Anyone know how to do it? ...

Setting up flags in MS Outlook Inbox
I have gotten as far as getting the flags into a separate tool bar, but can't figure out how to name and use them for the purpose I'd like them to (ie.. red flag for urgent, blue for meetings or whatever. Right click on the toolbar area and select Customize. Then, right click on your flag button, again, select customize. In the name field, give it the name that you want. Do this for each of the flags you want to customize. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail...

Re: Inbox subfolder deleted with its contence, can it be recovered?
I have a user at work who has deleted his inbox subfolder, with all it content. Believing he had a e-mail highlighted that he wanted t delete, he deleted by using shift delete, so it perminately deleted th contents but instead he had the subfolder highlighted, did not look a the warning message saying you are going to delete "hunter folder an its contents" *sigh* is there any way this contents be recovered? usin a thirdparty recovery tool? Thanks in advance - danie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------...

Windows 7 search doesn't work
Hi, Windows Search doesn't work on my Windows 7 Professional x64. It will find files on the Start menu fine, but when I try to get it to find anything in the folders I have configured it to search, nothing. I have to search the computer to find them. This shouldn't be thought. The folders I have set for the computer to search are also included in my libraries - at least, most of them are. So, when I search a file I know to be in one of my libraries, it should be included in the libraries search - but it isn't. Only 3,655 files are indexed altogether. I actuall...

Email messages in project center not showing in Entourage inbox
I am using Entourage 2004 version 11.4.0 on a Macbook with OSX version 10.5.8. I have several projects set up in the Project Center and email from some contacts are automatically made part of the different projects. Up until last week, all of my emails were showing up in the regular Mail Inbox, with the project marked by the colored dot in the Projects column. Now, however, some emails show up in the Project Center mail window, but not in the regular Inbox view. It has caused me to miss a few emails and is getting frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this? Or does anyone know what ...

Cell with email address
I have a cell where I just want to record an email address. However, whenever I enter it tries to connect to Outlook, thinking I want to send an email. How can I stop this? -- Les Les It shouldn't try to connect unless you click on it but you can precede the entry with a single apostrophe or press Ctrl+Z after entry (undo) and a second entry should stop it -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Les" <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B53EE8A-A0A8-4AFD-A09F-116DDE063747@microsoft.co...

email #72
How do I direct my email from my SBC Yahoo account into Outlook 2003? Chambord wrote: > How do I direct my email from my SBC Yahoo account into Outlook 2003? You can't without using a third-party application AFAIK unless you have a paid-for Yahoo account, or live in the UK! ...

search folder Outlook 2003 giving incomplete results
I created a search folder in Outlook 2003 with the criteria being show me message from or sent to a specific person. I also used the browse buton to make sure I selected all the folders including the deleted items folder. When I click the folder it accurately shows me the items I have sent to this person, but does not display mail sent to me from them as recent as today. It does display message sent from him a couple months ago. The email address for him has not changed. I'm puzzled, but it makes me nervous that I may not be getting all the mails i'm looking for Unless I manua...

Exchange Only accepting replied emails
I am working with exchange server 2003, it relays all local mail fine and all outbound mail fine, but it is only accepting replies to messages that have been sent from the domain so if someone creates a new message to send to a domain recipient they get NDR you do not have permission to send to this recipient. If anyone can lead me in the right direction on this matter it would be greatly appreciated thanks.. In news:1172526956.402418.21930@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com, AdonisL81@gmail.com <AdonisL81@gmail.com> typed: > I am working with exchange server 2003, it relays all local m...

Outlook Group incoming email assignment via rotation
I need to define a group such that: - Emails coming into the group email address (I don't know if this should be a distribution list or something else) can be forwarded to a single member of the group. - Assignment of the email to a group member will be via round-robin rotation through the group. - Round-robin mechanism must be able to recognize when a group member is marked as out of office and assign the incoming email to the next group member. I have no idea if this is possible, though I'm assuming that it would need to be servers-side (Exchange) rath...

Forcing a search on opening a workbook.
Using Excel 2002. Have created an excel workbook, which enables 12 user to select a 'new' account number from an alphabetical listing, there i a spreadsheet for each letter of the alphabet. Macros ensure eas navigation from one page to another. One of the requirements, is that a user must search, (Edit > Find) b name, to ensure that they are not adding a duplicate. At present this is done on trust. I would like to 'force/push' thi process when the workbook is opened up by a user. I tried to set up macro to do this, but it will not work. Does anyone have any othe ideas ...

Text formatted email
I am trying to email a long hyperlink path to some one that can only receive text formatted emails. When they receive the email it, the hyperlink gets converted in to 2 lines, top line is a hyperlink (path incomplete) the second line is "text" with the balance of the hyperlink path. I placed < > around the hyperlink and it still splits in to 2 lines. Is there any way to keep the full link path intact? Thanks! jvs Tiny URL to the rescue! :-) http://tinyurl.com/ -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Cr...

unable to send email #4
I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred while trying send data to the server. (Error number 0x800ccc13). Can anyone provide any assistance to resolve this issue/ Thank you so much! Hi, Could you be more specific about the account type and the version ofOutlook etc ...??? Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Moises" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:537701c3ffd4$8fac4fd0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am receiving error message, "A TCP/IP error occurred > while trying send data to the server. (Error number...

Outlook shared contacts/emails
Can someone provide advice? Computer #1 -- WinXP Home, Outlook SBE 2003 Computer #2 -- WinXP Home, Outlook SBE 2002 (note the year) My contacts and email accounts are on Computer #1. I wish for Computer #2 to have access to contacts for email sending, while storage remains ONLY on Computer #1, but view/response capabilities for Computer #2. I can find no way to share files and my research has only totally confused me. I have been an Outlook Express user and have just setup Outlook for its better features. Computer #2 is an occasional user, so this won't justify much in time ...

Account for Incoming email only?
Will Outlook allow a second email account with Incoming mail settings only? For a variety of reasons I cannot set up a second account that includes outgoing server settings and I'd like to be able to check an account with forwarding email all over the galaxy. I was hoping that just setting up my "two-way" email account as the default would solve the problem but it doesn't. Thanks for the help. JanDG <jandg@cableone.net> wrote: > Will Outlook allow a second email account with Incoming mail settings > only? Yes. > For a variety of reasons I cannot set...