email Forwarding #12

I have a problem regarding an user that is mailbox enabled but it was
disabled.
I think the user setted up a rule of forwarding in his/her outlook client
because in Exchange System Manager there is no such rule.
Now, that the user is disabled and  left the company, the email rule is
still functioning and the other users are reveiving emails. How can i disable
this rule from Exchange is i don`t have access to the user`s outlook, but
only for this user only?

Thx
0
Razvan (1)

Something else is going on. In order for Outlook to forward using a rule it
has to be open. So unless someone has Outlook open and has access to this
mailbox it can't be happening.

Are you certain that forwarding has not been set on the AD user object?

Nue
"Dragomir Razvan" <Dragomir Razvan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4718CBED-6C95-44EF-BA20-C5B0F0624264@microsoft.com...
>I have a problem regarding an user that is mailbox enabled but it was
> disabled.
> I think the user setted up a rule of forwarding in his/her outlook client
> because in Exchange System Manager there is no such rule.
> Now, that the user is disabled and  left the company, the email rule is
> still functioning and the other users are reveiving emails. How can i
> disable
> this rule from Exchange is i don`t have access to the user`s outlook, but
> only for this user only?
>
> Thx

0
imaneophyte (3004)
1/24/2006 2:10:05 PM
On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:10:05 -0500, "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Something else is going on. In order for Outlook to forward using a rule it
>has to be open. So unless someone has Outlook open and has access to this
>mailbox it can't be happening.

Forwarding and redirect rules in Outlook are server-side rules, so
Outlook does not need to be open for them to fire.

>Are you certain that forwarding has not been set on the AD user object?
>
>Nue
>"Dragomir Razvan" <Dragomir Razvan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>message news:4718CBED-6C95-44EF-BA20-C5B0F0624264@microsoft.com...
>>I have a problem regarding an user that is mailbox enabled but it was
>> disabled.
>> I think the user setted up a rule of forwarding in his/her outlook client
>> because in Exchange System Manager there is no such rule.
>> Now, that the user is disabled and  left the company, the email rule is
>> still functioning and the other users are reveiving emails. How can i
>> disable
>> this rule from Exchange is i don`t have access to the user`s outlook, but
>> only for this user only?
>>
>> Thx

0
adavid (8731)
1/24/2006 2:26:10 PM
Yes, I`m sure it is not setted on the AD user object?
Is there any other way to make forwardings without outlook let`s say?

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:10:05 -0500, "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Something else is going on. In order for Outlook to forward using a rule it
> >has to be open. So unless someone has Outlook open and has access to this
> >mailbox it can't be happening.
> >
> Forwarding and redirect rules in Outlook are server-side rules, so
> Outlook does not need to be open for them to fire.
>

> >Are you certain that forwarding has not been set on the AD user object?
> >
> >Nue
> >"Dragomir Razvan" <Dragomir Razvan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >message news:4718CBED-6C95-44EF-BA20-C5B0F0624264@microsoft.com...
> >>I have a problem regarding an user that is mailbox enabled but it was
> >> disabled.
> >> I think the user setted up a rule of forwarding in his/her outlook client
> >> because in Exchange System Manager there is no such rule.
> >> Now, that the user is disabled and  left the company, the email rule is
> >> still functioning and the other users are reveiving emails. How can i
> >> disable
> >> this rule from Exchange is i don`t have access to the user`s outlook, but
> >> only for this user only?
> >>
> >> Thx

Good to know. Are these server side rules stored as an attribute of the
mailbox? Are they visible via ADSIEdit? That might a solution for Dragomir.

Nue

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:10:05 -0500, "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Something else is going on. In order for Outlook to forward using a rule
>>it
>>has to be open. So unless someone has Outlook open and has access to this
>>mailbox it can't be happening.
>>
> Forwarding and redirect rules in Outlook are server-side rules, so
> Outlook does not need to be open for them to fire.
>

>>Are you certain that forwarding has not been set on the AD user object?
>>
>>Nue
>>"Dragomir Razvan" <Dragomir Razvan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>message news:4718CBED-6C95-44EF-BA20-C5B0F0624264@microsoft.com...
>>>I have a problem regarding an user that is mailbox enabled but it was
>>> disabled.
>>> I think the user setted up a rule of forwarding in his/her outlook
>>> client
>>> because in Exchange System Manager there is no such rule.
>>> Now, that the user is disabled and  left the company, the email rule is
>>> still functioning and the other users are reveiving emails. How can i
>>> disable
>>> this rule from Exchange is i don`t have access to the user`s outlook,
>>> but
>>> only for this user only?
>>>
>>> Thx

0
imaneophyte (3004)
1/24/2006 3:12:00 PM
On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:12:00 -0500, "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Good to know. Are these server side rules stored as an attribute of the
>mailbox? Are they visible via ADSIEdit? That might a solution for Dragomir.

Yes, in the inbox. Viewable with something like mfcmapi or mdbvue32.

Starting Outlook 2003 with the cleanrules switch will whack all the
rules ( exporting them first of course however just incase) :)

>Nue
>
>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:10:05 -0500, "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Something else is going on. In order for Outlook to forward using a rule
>>>it
>>>has to be open. So unless someone has Outlook open and has access to this
>>>mailbox it can't be happening.
>>>
>> Forwarding and redirect rules in Outlook are server-side rules, so
>> Outlook does not need to be open for them to fire.
>>

>>>Are you certain that forwarding has not been set on the AD user object?
>>>
>>>Nue
>>>"Dragomir Razvan" <Dragomir Razvan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>>message news:4718CBED-6C95-44EF-BA20-C5B0F0624264@microsoft.com...

0
adavid (8731)
1/24/2006 4:19:05 PM
Ok, thx for the info. I didn`t find the solution yet, but as the user was
disabled i deleted his mailbox.but it was good to know why a disabled user
without forwarding option on the user object was still forwarding mails...thx
for suggestions.

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:12:00 -0500, "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Good to know. Are these server side rules stored as an attribute of the
> >mailbox? Are they visible via ADSIEdit? That might a solution for Dragomir.
> >

> Yes, in the inbox. Viewable with something like mfcmapi or mdbvue32.
>
> Starting Outlook 2003 with the cleanrules switch will whack all the
> rules ( exporting them first of course however just incase) :)
>

> >Nue
> >
> >"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message

> >> Forwarding and redirect rules in Outlook are server-side rules, so
> >> Outlook does not need to be open for them to fire.

email goin to wrong addess
i have two different verizon email accounts at different locations and different phone accounts.but but all my sent and received emails go got my business acct. is this something i did or is this a verizon problem. Do all the messages "go to" the same webmail page inbox, too, or just to Windows Mail's Inbox folder? john wrote: > i have two different verizon email accounts at different locations and > different phone accounts.but but all my sent and received emails go got > my business acct. is this something i did or is this a verizon problem. ...

email signatures in outlook #2
In outlook 2000 when I create a signature it looks fine but when I open a new mail message the signature is double spaced as opposed to single spaced like I created. What is happening? Thanks Bill Are you using Shift+Enter or Enter when you create the signature? See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/dblspace_html.htm for an explanation. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter ...

CRM Mobile and sending Emails
When you're out on the road connecting by GPRS how do they send emails to clients that will be recorded in CRM? -- Regards Helen I don't believe this is possible. Your users will need to send the email via Outlook Mobile on their SmartPhone and then "Track in CRM" when they return to their computer. "Helen Smith" wrote: > When you're out on the road connecting by GPRS how do they send emails to > clients that will be recorded in CRM? > > -- > Regards > Helen ...

Daily Email Digest
I'm using CRM 3. I'd like to automate a single email each day that gives me a list of the support cases created that day. I'm trying to do this using Workflow Manager, and not writing a custom assembly. Any thoughts? Best, Steve Hi Steve, There are few options. The best one will be scheduling a report for an email. http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2006/01/crm_30_report_s.html http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/04/12/scheduling-report-inside-crm.aspx Another way will be using some programming; http://gustafwesterlund.blogspot.com/2007/01/how-to-create-crm-email-with-repor...

Email Spreadsheet
How do I email the entire active workbook? I want it to go to a specific person with a specific subject. In other words, to: john.doe@abc.com, Subject: "This confirms your order". Thanks in advance. Hi jhicsupt Use one of the examples from my site http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jhicsupt" <jhicsupt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B615C22-5D1F-41DD-B6BA-1967CA877E4F@microsoft.com... > How do I email the entire active workbook? > > I want it to go to a specific person with a sp...

Exporting email from Outlook to Excel 2003
I have a task of creating a monthly report which shows the following data from an outlook I need to create a column for: a.) The senders address b.) Date & time email was received c.) Message body part 1 d.) Message body part 2 The message body is currently delimited by lines but I could change that to anything. I would prefer to drag and drop the email into excel but I have tried and I don't get the message body. Can anyone guide me here? See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customexport.htm for code samples to = help you get started with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Au...

Change background color of inbound email
In Outlook 2007, I have from left to right, Mail - shows all inbound, sent, and mail folders, the next is my inbox, and the third is the actual email being show that is highlighted in my inbox. My problem is that some email when it is displayed can not be seen due to colors. 90 percent of my email is fine, but some email I can not read because of the font color, or the background color. I want to know how do I change the background color, or font color of a displayed email? A quick trick is to click somewhere in that message and then press CTRL+A. The message will then be shown...

Changing the "reply to" on emails
I have several support reps who monitor a queue for customer support requests and then reply to the customer using a CRM email activity. We want any customer reply to our email to be sent to the email address asssociated with the queue. Currently, the emails we send via the CRM use the support rep's email address for the "sent from" and "reply to" addresses. The problem is that when the customer replies to that email, the reply is sent to the support rep's outlook vs back into the support queue. The support rep could be on vacation, etc. I tried settin...

How to re-download emails from server to outlook 2007
I need to re-download emails that are in the server but got deleted from my inbox some time ago. I tried http://support.microsoft.com/kb/227054 but I cant find those *.rhc files. BTW: I am paying the price of upgrading to Windows 7 and using Outklook 2007. I have ISP and the emails are available using web-email Thanks -- JuanK That kb applies to Outlook2k, not 2007 Configure Outlook with the ISP Mail account. Mail doesnt get deleted unless you delete it, excepting if its an imap account "JuanK" <JuanK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7E...

Emailing directly from Access with Send object
Emailing directly from Access with Send object command is not including default signature on stationary. If I email directly from Outlook 2007, my default siganture appears. If I email through msAccess 2002 with a command button that runs the send object command, the default signature does not appear. I have to manually select a signature. Help! Thank you! slickdock@yahoo.com wrote: >Emailing directly from Access with Send object command is not >including default signature on stationary. If I email directly from >Outlook 2007, my default siganture appears. If I email through &...

Some cells do not recognize email address
Some of the ceels in my worksheet recognize email addresses so I can click on them and send an email. Other cells do not. the format is right. How do a get a cell to recognize an email address? Not knowing exactly what you have in those cells, expect they are complete email addresses, what version of Excel, and your options would suggest the following: If you have Excel 2002 (Excel XL) or higher: you can suppress hyperlink generation under the Auto Correct from the Tools menu. Tools (menu), Autocorrect Options, Autoformat as you type (Tab). so you want to do the opposite. Next...

SENDFILE.EXE
This sendfile.exe has been very helpful to our company. we use it for starting emails automatically from a dos application. however, we now have an application where we not only want the email started....but we want it to be sent automatically without us having to hit the send button. does anyone know of the parameter (if it exists) which will send the email automatically? Any and all feedback would be much appreciated. Derek ...

lost the from column for incoming emails
my incoming emails lost the column from, I don't know who sending me emails right click on the title bar where you would like to see the title FROM. At the bottom of the drop down list should be "customize current view". Click on it and go to Fields. Add it. "manny perez" wrote: > my incoming emails lost the column from, I don't know who sending me emails > ...

how do i set up email accounts such as yahoo, gmail, aol...?
how do i set up my outlook so i can recieve all my emails from all of my acounts, yahoo, gmail, hotmail, aol, and a school email? jake wrote: > how do i set up my outlook so i can recieve all my emails from all of my > acounts, yahoo, gmail, hotmail, aol, and a school email? Follow the instructions provided by the e-mail provider regarding the server names, ports, account info, etc. and where do i find those? i have searched the sites, such as gone on to yahoo and google and could not retrieve th information "VanguardLH" wrote: > jake wrote: > > > how do i...

Email Activity -- who should see it?
I'm having trouble understanding the email activity. I created an email activity and specified another user/employee as the email recipient. I saved the record without sending it. The email activity shows up in my Workplace -> Drafts list (as I expected), but it also shows up as an open activity for the recipient (now what I expected). Once I sent the message, it became a closed activity. ...

Email Address Based On Recipient Policy
Ok. I have this question. I recently upgraded my Exchange 5.5 to 2003 by adding 2003 Exchange to the organization. All mailboxes have been moved over. Now, my 5.5 was setup that email addresses get generated based on First Name and First Initial of Last name. The recipient policy on 2003 is still set to default that email address = user name that you create which is ok by me for now. Here comes the problem. Some users even before migration, we changed their email addresses to something else for all different reasons. So now their email addresses can be just first name or just l...

Emails disappear when no pst file folder defined
O.k. I know that there has been a lot of post about this subject, but my case is somewhat different. Here is the setting: OS: Windows 2000 OL ver.: 2002 Environment: Exchange Server, Roaming profiles What happened: One user signs in to another PC, opens up his outlook, however, by default OL2002 is set to deliver mail to personal folder rather than to his exchange mailbox. Right before his eyes he sees his email disappear one by one. My Action plan: Go to the PC that he signed on where his email disappeared. Look at his profile folder which is C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settin...

Can not send email to Yahoo Account
I host my own domain: office.mydomain.com When I tried to send email to yahoo accounts, I get the following message: ************************************************************************************************************** Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: DAFDFD Sent: 1/15/2007 5:18 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: xyz@YAHOO.COM on 1/15/2007 5:18 PM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct addres...

Create a search folder to look at all emails in one folder and selected criteria in other folders
Hi! Is is possible to create a search folder that shows ALL the email in the Inbox while only showing the unread email is other folders and subfolders? I would like to use this as a modified Inbox. Thanks, PJW I don't think you can do that since a search folder only allows one set of criteria. <phil.whitacre@cox.net> wrote in message news:1144603155.163778.133800@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi! > > Is is possible to create a search folder that shows ALL the email in > the Inbox while only showing the unread email is other folders and > subfolders? I wou...

My Homepage and Emails
On the "My Homepage" I have 53 emails in progress... However these emails have all been either sent or received, and are not "open" as such. Is there anyway to "close" off these emails so it does show in My Email and as In Progress? Select all from the In Progress Queue and Action >> Delete If they are emails, this will clear it from the In Progress Queue, but won't delete the actual record. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm San Francisco, CA "Biyoojok" wrote: > On the "My Homepage" I have 53 email...

missing email messages
I get my incoming emails, open them to read them, and they disappear when I close them. Where are they going? What is set wrong to cause this? Do you have any view set on your in-box, such as unread messages? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding not answer: ls <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I get my incoming emails, open them to read them, and | they disappear when I close them. Where are they going? | What is set wrong to cause this...

sending this information on a form to somewhere secure such as an email account
Hi. I just wanted to make a log book where staff record times that the log in and out of work. I was wondering if anyone knows how to sen off the current time, member of staff (with their own password)t somewhere secure where staff cant get at it...like the managers emai account (if you have any other suggestions, for alternatives to a email account LMK). thanx for your time -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

offline storage of email msg with exchange server
what are the steps to store my email offline and to automatically sync it? thanks Not sure what offline means to you. If you move the outlook.pst file to another computer other than yours, outlook will ask where you moved it to when you first start outlook. You would then have to reconnect to the location that you moved the file to. Automatically sync it? With the file moved and the address of where you moved it to, outlook will always open it at the new address. Thom >what are the steps to store my email offline and to automatically sync it? Assuming you're using a lap...

Attaching Email Notes to a Message
I want to reply to a message and also attach another Email message(s). Does anyone know how to do that? >-----Original Message----- >I want to reply to a message and also attach another >Email message(s). Does anyone know how to do that? >. > There are two ways you can do this. One is to reply to the message and copy paste the other email into your reply email; or two, take the old email that you want to attach, and forward it to the sender and reply that way. ...

pictures in Outlook7 email?
When I am sent a picture in the new Outlook email and they are "embedded" in the white area, I can't get them out. I used to just right-click and save the pic. Can't do that now. I can only copy the clipboard (which seems to be a dead end) or a Word file..... There must be a new way. If I understand your post correctly, please see: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/saveembeddedpictures.htm "mrpc" <mrpc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46A0F363-0CF3-4E66-9921-E111949F53C1@microsoft.com... > When I am sent a picture in ...