Email does not come in while SMTP server authentication uncheck anonymous

I found incoming email send outside domain is block when i uncheck the
anonymous access under access and authentication of SMTPVS.

Is it normal or abnormal?? how to solve if i want not to allow anonymous
access while the email can allow incoming email from sedner outside domain?

Thanks.

0
test8681 (4)

In news:uYfxdJR8FHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
test <test@ok.com> typed:
> I found incoming email send outside domain is block when i uncheck the
> anonymous access under access and authentication of SMTPVS.
>
> Is it normal or abnormal?? how to solve if i want not to allow
> anonymous access while the email can allow incoming email from sedner
> outside domain?
> Thanks.

You have to allow anonymous connections, if you want to receive mail from
the Internet.

If you are trying to control relay (which is an entirely separate thing),
you're in the wrong place. See
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF005.html for a good overview of
relaying and spam. You will probably want to untick the box that permits
authenticated relay as well, unless *absolutely* necessary, or it may be
exploited by spammers if you don't have a very good password policy.

0
lanwench (7567)
11/24/2005 4:22:44 PM
but if i allow anonymous connection, everyone can use my mail server to send
out email, am i right???

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> ���g��l��s�D:OnUwPNR8FHA.500@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

> In news:uYfxdJR8FHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
> test <test@ok.com> typed:
>> I found incoming email send outside domain is block when i uncheck the
>> anonymous access under access and authentication of SMTPVS.
>>
>> Is it normal or abnormal?? how to solve if i want not to allow
>> anonymous access while the email can allow incoming email from sedner
>> outside domain?
>> Thanks.
>
> You have to allow anonymous connections, if you want to receive mail from
> the Internet.
>
> If you are trying to control relay (which is an entirely separate thing),
> you're in the wrong place. See
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF005.html for a good overview of
> relaying and spam. You will probably want to untick the box that permits
> authenticated relay as well, unless *absolutely* necessary, or it may be
> exploited by spammers if you don't have a very good password policy.

0
test8681 (4)
11/24/2005 4:31:59 PM
No, that's called relaying.

Anonymous access is required for internet SMTP hosts to send mail to your
server - they do not have credentials to authenticate to your server nor
will they try to authenticate. If that were the case, you would need to add
login credentials for every single mail server you try to send mail to
before you could exchange a single email with that server.

If you uncheck anonymous access, you will not receive any internet email.

Once the sending server establishes a connection to your server, it can
either send you mail for your SMTP domain - which your server should allow,
or it can send you mail for some other domain that your server is not
responsible for - this is called relaying and this is what you want to
avoid.

Exchange 200x has unauthenticated relaying disabled by default. Check by
going to SMTP virtual server properties | Access tab | Relay Restrictions.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"test" <test@ok.com> wrote in message
> but if i allow anonymous connection, everyone can use my mail server to
> send out email, am i right???
>

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com>
> ���g��l��s�D:OnUwPNR8FHA.500@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>

>> In news:uYfxdJR8FHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
>> test <test@ok.com> typed:
>>> I found incoming email send outside domain is block when i uncheck the
>>> anonymous access under access and authentication of SMTPVS.
>>>
>>> Is it normal or abnormal?? how to solve if i want not to allow
>>> anonymous access while the email can allow incoming email from sedner
>>> outside domain?
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> You have to allow anonymous connections, if you want to receive mail from
>> the Internet.
>>
>> If you are trying to control relay (which is an entirely separate thing),
>> you're in the wrong place. See
>> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF005.html for a good overview of
>> relaying and spam. You will probably want to untick the box that permits
>> authenticated relay as well, unless *absolutely* necessary, or it may be
>> exploited by spammers if you don't have a very good password policy.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

Problems with creating a newsletter

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Relay from unstruted server

Relay Servers?

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Microsoft Exchange Server

Sending Email #6

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

Recurring email #2

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

find instance of IE for server socket in activex component
Hi I have an activex component that has a server socket (using casyncsocket class) ..The problem is that when I have multiple instances of the IE open only the first instance (created first) recieves the messages the rest do not recieve the message. Is there a way to solve this problem .(i want the server send the reply to that instance of ie that sent the message) .Do I need to pass something like a pointer of hte javascript object .If so how Thanks When you say "server socket", that suggests a socket that does a Listen followed by an Accept. Otherwise it is a client socke...