Email auto-forwarding doesn't work

Hi,

My company have two domain: abc.com and xyz.com. There are no direct
connection between these two domains. That means email must go thru' internet.

Recently, we want to auto-forward email@abc.com to email@xyz.com. But here
come the problem. It's fine for sender outside xyz.com but any email from
xyz.com cannot be forwarded back to xyz.com. The sender will receive a NDR.

Is it possible to solve it?

Many Thanks
Raymond Chan
0
Raymond1 (40)

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:59:08 -0800, "Raymond"
<Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My company have two domain: abc.com and xyz.com. There are no direct
>connection between these two domains. That means email must go thru' internet.
>
>Recently, we want to auto-forward email@abc.com to email@xyz.com. But here
>come the problem. It's fine for sender outside xyz.com but any email from
>xyz.com cannot be forwarded back to xyz.com. The sender will receive a NDR.
>
>Is it possible to solve it?

Why does xyz sender want the message forwarded back to his own domain?
What does the NDR say?

>Many Thanks
>Raymond Chan

0
adavid (8731)
1/21/2005 3:22:55 AM
Hi Andy,

The sender and receiver are different person, say user1@xyz.com want to send
a message to user2@abc.com. This mail will be forwarded to user2@xyz.com.

The NDR state 'access denied'

Thanks & Regards,
Raymond Chan

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:59:08 -0800, "Raymond"
> <Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >My company have two domain: abc.com and xyz.com. There are no direct
> >connection between these two domains. That means email must go thru' internet.
> >
> >Recently, we want to auto-forward email@abc.com to email@xyz.com. But here
> >come the problem. It's fine for sender outside xyz.com but any email from
> >xyz.com cannot be forwarded back to xyz.com. The sender will receive a NDR.
> >
> >Is it possible to solve it?
>
> Why does xyz sender want the message forwarded back to his own domain?
> What does the NDR say?
>

> >Many Thanks
> >Raymond Chan

0
Raymond1 (40)
1/21/2005 3:51:01 AM
sounds like you are trying your best to create a mail loop.
What is the exact NDR? Access denied is all it says?

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 19:51:01 -0800, "Raymond"
<Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Andy,
>
>The sender and receiver are different person, say user1@xyz.com want to send
>a message to user2@abc.com. This mail will be forwarded to user2@xyz.com.
>
>The NDR state 'access denied'
>
>Thanks & Regards,
>Raymond Chan
>
>"Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:59:08 -0800, "Raymond"
>> <Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >My company have two domain: abc.com and xyz.com. There are no direct
>> >connection between these two domains. That means email must go thru' internet.
>> >
>> >Recently, we want to auto-forward email@abc.com to email@xyz.com. But here
>> >come the problem. It's fine for sender outside xyz.com but any email from
>> >xyz.com cannot be forwarded back to xyz.com. The sender will receive a NDR.
>> >
>> >Is it possible to solve it?
>>
>> Why does xyz sender want the message forwarded back to his own domain?
>> What does the NDR say?
>>

>> >Many Thanks
>> >Raymond Chan

0
adavid (8731)

Problems with creating a newsletter

auto sort?
Is there any way to make a dated entry insert itself in the worksheet in the correct order without doing a sort operation, or inserting a new row? would be a big help for my reservations workbook thanks D You could try the worksheet change event: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) <<Sort Code>> End Sub This should re-sort your selection everytime the worksheet changes. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar "Dave" <post@site.com> wrote in message news:%23czt38POFHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there any way to make a dated entry insert ...

forward to: field
Hi Everyone, im looking for the AD attribute in which the 'forward to:' field of the delivery options is stored. Thank you in advance kind regards marc -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Its in the altRecipient attribute. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Marc Wenger" <haga(at).iesg--nspm-noa9h.gmx.ch> wrote in message news:opr64hs7z6fyi4rt@news.microsoft.com... > Hi Everyone, > > im looking for the AD attribute in which the 'forward to:' field of ...

Auto-Forward of Meeting Responses
We are running Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2003. After staff realignment, we have an assistant who no longer reports to a manager. The manager has removed the assistant from her calendar shared list. Now when the manager sends a meeting request to various attendees, the assistant is not notified in any way. However when anyone invited to the meeting responds with an acceptance or rejection to attend the meeting, the assistant receives a copy of that response. I've looked in the manager's and assistant's rules and alerts and calendar settings, however I cannot find any setting ...

Sending Email #6

Ctrl+D not working on outlook messages

Forwarded messages are not being sent

Outlook Rule to Forward with Secure Delivery
I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure delivery. Can you please tell me how to do this? Thank you Chris ChrisH <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with > secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but > I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure > delivery. Can you please tell me...

why does my spell check not work?
My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? In what program / version "karen" <karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA8883BD-0958-4AB0-93FF-F43E4FB9D176@microsoft.com... > My spell check has never worked. What can I do to set it up? ...

Date function quit working

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

Auto calc YTD Numbers
Cells A1:L1 equal "Jan" thru "Dec". M1 equals "YTD". Cells A2:L2 equal numeric values. If you haven't guessed it already, I would like M2 to sum all the values A2:L2 for those months previous and including the current month (but not future months). What is the best way for going about this Here are 2 ways =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MATCH(TEXT(TODAY(),"mmm"),$A$1:$L$1,0))) or =SUM(OFFSET($A$2,,,,MONTH(TODAY()))) hopefully your computer's clock is accurate -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjo...

Recurring email #2