email adresses public folders

When we create public folders, exchange automaticly associates an email
address to it. for example...
when i create a public folder called "clients" for holding clients
addresses, exchange automaticly associates the email address clients@domain
to it.

I do not want this to happen automaticly. How do i disable this?

It is fine to have some folders associated with an email address, but i just
do not want it to happen automaticly upon creation.
0
MARTIN1 (286)

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 02:50:01 -0700, Martin
<Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When we create public folders, exchange automaticly associates an email
>address to it. for example...
>when i create a public folder called "clients" for holding clients
>addresses, exchange automaticly associates the email address clients@domain
>to it.
>
>I do not want this to happen automaticly. How do i disable this?
>
>It is fine to have some folders associated with an email address, but i just
>do not want it to happen automaticly upon creation.

It shouldnt if you are using Exchang E200x in Exch native mode.
0
adavid (8731)
7/28/2006 1:10:26 PM
Well.... it does... else i was not posting here :-)

So does anybody know how to turn this off?

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> It shouldnt if you are using Exchang E200x in Exch native mode.

0
MARTIN1 (286)
7/28/2006 1:48:02 PM
Read again carefully what Andy said.  If you change your Exchange org mode
to Native (ESM - Organization properties, Mode), then PF's don't
automatically get mail-enabled.

Check and see what mode you are running in.

If you don't have any 5.5 servers in your org, then you can safely switch to
Native mode.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Martin" <Martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Well.... it does... else i was not posting here :-)
>
> So does anybody know how to turn this off?
>
> "Andy David - MVP" wrote:
>>
>> It shouldnt if you are using Exchang E200x in Exch native mode.

0
Ben

Problems with creating a newsletter

Offline folder problems #2

Public Folder link to Excel File

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Sending Email #6

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

OWA Calendar
Hello, Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have some sort of tools to do this? Users could still make changes through Outlook and we would like to be able to display the calendar on our website. Thoughts? TIA, Jason "Jason King" <jasonk@bham.wednet.edu> wrote in message news:%230ps86yIFHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently > make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have so...

Recurring email #2

Inbox Icons not changing when email forwarded or replied to
This may seem like an insignicant issue, but when you have hundreds of emails in your inbox, it is extremely important to know which ones you have forwarded and which ones you have replied to. Unfortunately, my inbox icons do not change when I reply to a message or forward a message. They also remain as the "Read Message" icon. I have searched the Knowledge Base, but I have been unable to find an answer to this seemingly simple issue. I am using Outlook 2000. Appreciate any assistance, James ...

Email signature #4
Using Outlook 2000, whenever I send an email my automatic signature is preceded by "AUTOTEXTLIST \s "E-mail Signature"". How do I get rid of it? It doesn't happen when I insert auto text directly. ...

Exchange problem while emailing from TS
I have a published application via TS and Citrix Metaframe XPe. OCCASSIONALY, when a message is sent from MAPI client configured in the TS environment (Outlook 2003) it will change the SMTP address, by concatinanting the address. For example: user@domain.com is the intended address, when I look at the Message Tracking Center on the Exchange Server it's attempting to send to user@domain.com:USER@DOMAIN.COM. Where is the :USER@DOMAIN.COM, which is being added to the end of the SMTP coming from ? ...

outlook 2007, exchange 2007 in SBS 2008 email attachment extensions changed
Day one after rolling out SBS2008 after migrating from SBS200, A number of users are complaining about Word doc's arriving as .do_ and pdf's arriving as .pd_ which need to be renamed to work as intended. Have googled and binged to no avail. Forefront wasn't installed, and get-attachmentfilterlist commands in the Exchange power shell don't return anything that clarifies the situation. Anyone any ideas where this is coming from? Thanks AC You sure you have no other mail filtering? If you have no forefront.. it doesn't sound to me like it's the SBS ...

Outlook 2007 "Move to folder" default setting
By default, in Outlook 2007, when you right-click on a message and select "Move to Folder", the initial folder selected is the last folder that a message has been moved into. Is there a way to have this option always default to Inbox? Thanks much for the help! No, but you can also directly move the message to your Inbox folder via drag & drop instead of using the Move To dialog for this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.ms...

Transferring the text of an email from notebook to desktop?
I can access files from my notebook on my desktop via my wireless connection. I have Office 2007 on both machines. What would be the best way to access the text of an email on the notebook from my desktop. Would (can) the context of the email in outlook on the notebook be copied or transferred to a file that I can access from my desktop? Any help would be very much appreciated Jerry You could open the Outlook PST on the notebook from Outlook on the Desktop using File | Open ... (ensure you are sharing the folder the Outlook PST is in). Only Outlook on the Notebook could be open at ...

Replying to emails #5
I'm using Outlook 2007. Can someone tell me where is the setting I uncheck to not reply to messages in the same format that they were sent? I can't find it for the life of me. Thanks in advance. Wy "newtechie" <newtechie@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23ehsbToQIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook 2007. Can someone tell me where is the setting I > uncheck to not reply to messages in the same format that they were sent? > I can't find it for the life of me. > > Thanks in advance. > > Wy > AFAIK there IS no...