Edit Microsoft Exchange System Object with ADSI

When I applied a new recipient policy to add a 2nd domain name to our
users, I applied it to all rather than using a filter to only pick the
users in the Users OU. Everything was still fine but we have one
conflict. A public folder had the same name as a user and thus had the
same email address.

We are getting the event:Event ID: 9514
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Two objects in the Directory have the same proxy -
/DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName1]/CN=[Object1] and
/DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName2]/CN=[Object2]

I deleted the public folder but it left an Exchange System Object in
active directory which still has the mail value that includes the
duplicate email address.  If you choose to delete the system object
you get the message "the exchange folder will still exist but it will
not be able to receive mail" I have read on the newsgroups that
deleting the system object will cause a problem and the sender would
get the message "the recipient is temporarily unavailable"

How should I go about editing this system object in ADSI?

It's an E2k server, SP3 on W2K SP4

Thanks,
Josh

0
joshfsr (15)

staggarlee <joshfsr@hotmail.com> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>I deleted the public folder but it left an Exchange System Object in
>active directory which still has the mail value that includes the
>duplicate email address.  If you choose to delete the system object
>you get the message "the exchange folder will still exist but it will
>not be able to receive mail" I have read on the newsgroups that
>deleting the system object will cause a problem and the sender would
>get the message "the recipient is temporarily unavailable"
>
>How should I go about editing this system object in ADSI?

You're in Exchange native-mode, right?

1. In the ESM, right-click the folder, select "All Tasks>" and then
"Mail Disable".
2. Wait a minute. Then verify that the AD object is gone. If it isn't,
delete it.
3. In the ESM, right-click the folder, select "All Tasks>" and then
"Mail Enable" (if you want the folder to be mail-enabled)

If the PF isn't mail-enabled then just start at step 2.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Mailbox on Exchange Front-End Server
Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 2003 Front-End Server? When you make Exchange a FE server, it then assumes all internet protocols are to be proxied to the BE servers. It can't proxy to itself. If you put mailboxes on it, only MAPI connections could reach them. Depending on your deployment, there may be security implications of allowing that. Can you? I think so. Should you? Probably not. William "John Blake" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19f8501c44d87$e00c6950$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 20...

Exchange Extension Error
I'm trying update an email address and an error pops up. Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension A Local Error has occured. Facility: Win32 ID no:8007203b Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension Everything else seems to be working ok. Any ideas? Thanks, Q does this apply? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329642 "Quan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a2001c4abc4$e8f2ea30$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying update an email address and an error pops up. > > Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange...

File Edit toolbar is missing
The File Edit toolbar in Excel is missing First thing to check: Tools|customize|toolbars tab|make sure worksheet menubar is selected. Well, maybe the first thing to check is to verify that you can see all of excel--it's not just off the display window??? stellarmellor wrote: > > The File Edit toolbar in Excel is missing -- Dave Peterson ...

FWD: See this corrective update which comes from the Microsoft
--aolkeahgr Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wbqnfbpivy"; type="multipart/alternative" --wbqnfbpivy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lzvglunuqmeli" --lzvglunuqmeli Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the se...

VB: using a string to set a range object?
I'm a bit new to the excel "range" object type. I was suprised to see that while I can do: dim chunk as Range chunk = .Range(A5:B6) I apparently cannot do: dim chunk as Range dim stuff as string string = "A5:B6" chunk= .Range(string) How can I concatenate up a string describing a range, and then use it to define a range object's target cells? - Ross. Oops, I meant chunk = .Range("A5:B6") in the first example - I forgot the quotes. R. "RGK" <nothanks@nospam.go> wrote in message news:RqydnSWzbu_OEZbeRVn-2A@...

are scripts allowed in exchange 2003?
I used to run a few scripts in exchange 5.5, and now that I'm upgrading to 2003 I can't find how to implement these scripts. How do I keep using my scripts from exchange 5.5 in exchange 2003? Can you give us a bit more information regarding your scripts? Are they VBS accessing WMI information, batch files utilizing resource kit (reskit) utilities, etc. Scripting works with Exchange 2003 and Active Directory...I tinker with VBScripts. I have also used batch scripts to manage Exchange 2000 with the reskit utils. Bob "gigi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Rich edit control and having a hypertext control to send the messages to windows
Hi Here is the code to detect that if a click is made on word "START". But I have many "START" word Is there any way to detect which "START" word has been clicked? Please Let me know if any Thanks Anup void CRichEditGSDlg::OnLinkRicheditStatic(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { ENLINK *pLink = reinterpret_cast<ENLINK *>(pNMHDR); FINDTEXTEX findText; *pResult = 0; if( pLink->msg == WM_LBUTTONDOWN ) { long lStart = pLink->chrg.cpMin; long lEnde = pLink->chrg.cpMin; m_Ctrl_RichEditStatic.SetSel(pLink->chrg); CString strLi...

Range object does not support paste method
Greetings! Does anyone know why Range("AJ8").Select ActiveSheet.Paste works, but Range("AJ8").Paste gives the error message: "Run-time error '438': Object Doesn't support this property or method! and is there anyway of accomplishing this with one instruction rather than 2 instructions. Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions. -- May you have a most blessed day! Sincerely, Michael Fitzpatrick Hi Michael Either of these in one line gets it done. Range("AJ8").value = Range("AJ8").value ...

Exchange 2003 Enterprise and several mailbox stores
Is there any limitation on how many mailbox stores in a administrative group you can create? For now we have 4 mailbox groups and 1 public folder, when trying to create one more Mailbox-group i get this errormsg: This storage group alreday contains maximum number of stores allowed. ID no: c1034a7a I thought that Enterprise edition had no limit. Kind Regards Peter Kulinski You can create up to 4 storage groups, each containing a maximum of 5 stores. Enterprise Edition has a limit of 20 stores. The 'no limit' you've heard about probably applies to the sizes of each of t...

Exchange rules
Hi Our company uses Exchange5.5 and Outlook 2000 email clients. Does anyone know if it is possible to 'deploy' a standard set of rules to all mailboxes, which will be in addition to those already set up by the users using their rules wizard. eg. create a rule for everyone where when a mail with a certain subject is received, it is flagged up on their mail client Thanks for any help R ...

Exchange server recovery
I am running 2 exchange servers in a Windows 2000 AD domain. My 2nd Exchange server has failed and Dell is sending a replacement server. I know that I can run setup and use the /disasterrecovery switch to reinstall Exchange on this new box. My question is: how do I install the replacement server into the domain with the domain already having a server by that name? In other words Poly_ethylene has failed and when I get its replacement I will be loading server onto this box and putting it back into the domain using the same name. How can I do this? I have a full bakup of C: and sys...

excel 2000 message
excel 2000 message - 'cannot use object linking and embedding' Were they hit by the MSBlast worm? One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. I haven't seen any confirmation/denial, but you may want to read his post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com Post back with your results. I'm curious if that was the problem. (It's come up quite a few times since MSBlast hit.) bill bootle wrote: > > excel 2000 message - 'cannot use object linking and > embedding' -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.c...

Use a wildcard within edit/replace
Hello Is there a method of using a wildcard function within edit/replace (in Excel 2003) so that I can tweak the way a formula works? The example I have is the following formula =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A8,DataImport!$A:$J,5,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP($A8,DataImport!$A:$J,5,FALSE)) which I would like to change to =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(TEXT($C8,"0000),DataImport!$D:$E,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(TEXT($C8,"0000"),DataImport!$D:$E,2,FALSE)) The issue is (I think) that this formula is repeated many times over in one column over a number of worksheets - therefo...

Editable Excel Spreadsheet Online?
Hi, I tried to recent find information on this, but could find very little. How difficult would it be to host an excel spreadsheet online where visitors to the site can directly view and edit it? Right now, I can upload the spreadsheet to our web site and visitors can view it, but if they edit it, they can only save it to their local drive. I would like the users to be able to save the copy on the server. What would be involved in something like this? I assume for starters (if it's do-able) we'd need Windows hosting (we're not hosting ourselves) and some ASP support. Any de...

Cannot edit customer data in additional tab at HQ
I have created global customer with addtional data in additional tab at shop then send to HQ. At HQ, Why cant I edit customer data in additional tab? Or even I create new global customer at HQ, I cannot add data in addtional tab too, it is gray out. Is there any setting that I need to do? Thank you for any help. -- Jeed I believe, just like when editing items in HQ, you have to be in Maintenance Mode. Ed -- RMS 2.0 / HQ 2.0 Server 2003 / XP "Jeed" wrote: > I have created global customer with addtional data in additional tab at shop > then send to HQ. At HQ, Why ca...

Exchange 2003 OWA #5
I accidentally killed my default website that contained the exchange virtual directories. Can someone tell me how to recreate them? Thanks ...

File in use .... is locked for editing
Please help. In Microsoft Excel 2000, we seem to be getting the above error message frequently. No other users are in the file, and there aren't any temporary files relating to the file in question. Any ideas on what is causing this? We are running a mixture of Windows 2000 & XP machines on to a Small Business Server 2000. Hope to hear from someone soon Regards Simon I think you killed the usual answer of cleaning the temp folder. But have you rebooted? Maybe there's a hidden instance of excel running that "owns" the file. And if the file/workbook is on a net...

GAB replication between Exchange 2003 and 5.5
Hello We have exchange 5.5 server in our organization. address book is replicating with Exchange 5.5 of another organization. We want to migrate to Exch2003. How can I remain replication? Thank You! Keep the existing of Exchange SRS Server which is the first Exchange Server 2003 installed under Exchange 5.5 Organization. and keep the Exchange 5.5 Server which has the GAB. do not remove any exchange 5.5 server. Alaa Al-Ankar "Shurick" <Shurick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF178F7C-F241-4E75-9F07-95AA8BC04E98@microsoft.com... > Hello > > We...

OWA
I need to be able to edit a DL using OWA is this possible? If so, I am unable to find it with the new version. E2k7, Win2003Server "Penny Miller" <Penny.Miller@CO.CHELAN.WA.US> wrote in message news:4A15ED8C-3E60-44EB-B743-024DCF4096DD@microsoft.com... >I need to be able to edit a DL using OWA is this possible? If so, I am >unable to find it with the new version. > > E2k7, Win2003Server Personal DL? Have your Exchange Admin install SP1, which should return Contact based DL functionality. Server based DL? Nope. For future reference, OWA is not part of...

one for you Exchange super geniuses
Assume I have a Small Business Server 2003 network with an Exchange orginization called @abc.com We use the Exchange POP connector to retrieve email on an external POP3 server. This external domain is also called @abc.com We have an address called user1@abc.com which copies all its email to a second email account called user2@abc.com The reason for the copying is that the user2@abc.com address ends up at a PDA device. The Exchange server in the office doesn't check the user2 account. This all works fine. The problem is when a user on the network in the abc.com domain tries to send...

EXchange Active sync users limit
We have been using the Treo 650 smart phones with some amount of success with the Exchange ACtive Sync. We have Approx. ten users who use this functionality right now. We tried adding another person to allow him to use this functionality but for some reason he gets this error when he tries to sync. "There was a problem syncing messages (Sys 05E5) Server returned error for last command. Status:5 None of our other users get this error. And if they did, all Treo users got the error, which was remedied by adjusting the properties to the Exchange Mobile virtual directory. Now no on...

backup of exchange 2003
hi, i have a question about exchange 2003 which is a member server in an AD domain, and not a domain controller. this is for a small size company, where in the event of the mail server failure there will be time to build a new server from scratch and restore databases. My question is, when building a new exchange server, should I restore the system state data after installing the OS and patches? Starting the exchange 2003 installation in disaster recovery mode will automatically get the exchange specific settings from AD. This suggests I can rebuild a new exchange server and restore t...

exchange tools listed twice in ADUC right click
We installed exchange but forgot to install the tools option so we did it after. When that happened it locked up with errors part of the way thru. When I restarted after a system reboot and installed them again it now listed in the active directory users and computers extensions twice when you right click on an object. I removed the tools, it removes both entries. I reinstalled and now both entries are back. Where can I find these entries in AD and remove the duplicate. Thanks Comments inline below. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutio...

Plae Help urgent! Recover exchange in a new active directory insta
Hi friends, i nedd your help, i lost my forest and i am trying to recover from backup, but i dont know if this works to active directory knows the exchange, i have to follow some procedure to do that, And if i cant recover my forest y should install a new active directory, and install exchang again, wich is the best way to recover the data from exchange, copy the db's to the exhang database path or what i should do to do that? Thanks a lot for your help Felipx start here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;867704 "Felipex" <Felipex@discussions.micr...

Code number for Microsoft Office 2001
My iMac crashed about two months ago. In the process of rebuilding it, I removed Microsoft Office 2001 to free space for the rebuild process. Unfortunately I have lost the sleeve with the product code on it. What can I do? Please reply to wnlewis@southwind.net Wm. Neal Lewis In article <d61c01c3f00a$2f7c7290$a101280a@phx.gbl>, "Wm. Neal Lewis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My iMac crashed about two months ago. In the process of > rebuilding it, I removed Microsoft Office 2001 to free > space for the rebuild process. Unfortunately I have lost...