Edit Microsoft Exchange System Object with ADSI

When I applied a new recipient policy to add a 2nd domain name to our
users, I applied it to all rather than using a filter to only pick the
users in the Users OU. Everything was still fine but we have one
conflict. A public folder had the same name as a user and thus had the
same email address.

We are getting the event:Event ID: 9514
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Two objects in the Directory have the same proxy -
/DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName1]/CN=[Object1] and
/DC=COM/DC=[DomainName]/CN=[ContainerName2]/CN=[Object2]

I deleted the public folder but it left an Exchange System Object in
active directory which still has the mail value that includes the
duplicate email address.  If you choose to delete the system object
you get the message "the exchange folder will still exist but it will
not be able to receive mail" I have read on the newsgroups that
deleting the system object will cause a problem and the sender would
get the message "the recipient is temporarily unavailable"

How should I go about editing this system object in ADSI?

It's an E2k server, SP3 on W2K SP4

Thanks,
Josh

0
joshfsr (15)

staggarlee <joshfsr@hotmail.com> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>I deleted the public folder but it left an Exchange System Object in
>active directory which still has the mail value that includes the
>duplicate email address.  If you choose to delete the system object
>you get the message "the exchange folder will still exist but it will
>not be able to receive mail" I have read on the newsgroups that
>deleting the system object will cause a problem and the sender would
>get the message "the recipient is temporarily unavailable"
>
>How should I go about editing this system object in ADSI?

You're in Exchange native-mode, right?

1. In the ESM, right-click the folder, select "All Tasks>" and then
"Mail Disable".
2. Wait a minute. Then verify that the AD object is gone. If it isn't,
delete it.
3. In the ESM, right-click the folder, select "All Tasks>" and then
"Mail Enable" (if you want the folder to be mail-enabled)

If the PF isn't mail-enabled then just start at step 2.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Exchange 2003/ 12 Architecture and Functionality Questions
1. Can we configure intelligent message filter in Exchange 2003/ Ex12 to also act on outgoing mails? Our customer would also like to make sure no unsolicited mails originate from their organization. 2. Does the facility to configure the users’ voice messages (which automatically answer other people’s calls) fall under the PABX, or will it have to be done in Exchange 12? 3. Is it possible for two organizations to make use two Exchange 12 Edge servers, while having Exchange Mail Box servers so they can take advantage of the native encryption and signing of mails to and from the two...

How do I edit the raw HTML of an email in Outlook 2003?
Hi How do I edit the raw HTML of an email in Outlook 2003? I tried right-clicking and then view source, and saving but it didnt change the email. thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe ship <shiphen@gmail.com> wrote: > How do I edit the raw HTML of an email in Outlook 2003? I've never seen any way to do that, but perhaps something here will help: http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/html.htm -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] I use Frontpage 2003 to edit the HTML source of Outlook messages; at the end I copy and paste the Frontpage preview into the Outlook editor. ship wrote: > Hi...

Office 2004 Upgrade from Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade
I am looking into purchasing the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade - and would like some clarification on my eligibility (along with the installation procedure)... 1. Could you confirm whether I am eligible for the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Standard Edition Upgrade as a registered user of Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition Upgrade (as the literature on the Microsoft website does not specifically mention the Office 98 Upgrade version)? 2. I am intending to install Microsoft Office 2004 on Mac OS x 10.4 Tiger. However I do not have Mac OS 9.2 [Classic] installed - m...

fx-edit
I am a new user of excel and I have a spreadsheet I need help with. I have a spreadsheet that has tickets made for an event and I am trying to change the date on them. I was able to reset the standard toolbar to allow the fx line to appear on the toolbar. The problem is the sentence that has the date to be change appears to be type across 7 cells. I have chosen edit directly in cells, however if I click inside a cell the text does not appear in the fx area. How can I make the content in the sentence or cell appear in the fx toolbar field? This would help me make quick changes to each ti...

Exchange server chages email addresse
I have a couple of users and when they send an email to another user exchange for some reason changes the email addresse when sending or when composing it changes the email addresse. We are using Outlook 2003. It seems like exchange is controlling the email addresse . Has anyone else had this problem ? It is like i put in the TO: field in Outlook Thomas.Smith57@atc.army.mil. But when i input a message in the message text in outlook or click send it changes my addresse to Thomas.Smith57@us.army.mil. You don't say whether the "new" address is correct or not. Have you chec...

Date last edited
I would like to enter a field into the footer of an Excel document that automatically displays the date and time the document was last edited. This is possible in Word and Visio, but I can't find a way to do it in Excel. Is it possible? Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cacel As Boolean) With ActiveWorkbook .ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftHFooter = "Last saved on: " & _ Format(.BuiltinDocumentPropert�ies("Last Save Time"), _ "dd mmm yyyy") End With End Sub goes in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH Bob P...

E-mail delay on Exchange
I'm not sure if the issue is with exchange or outlook but when I send an e-mail from a workstation through exchange to another in the same office it takes about 15 -30 seconds to appear in the other mailbox. Any guesses - I running Office 2003 on Windows XP SP1 through Exchange 2003 enterprise on Windows 2003. The clients are in the same exchange server in the same database. Thank you This is because you are running Cached Exchange mode. Cached Exchange mode polls the Exchange server on an interval basis to check it for new e-mail. While it's true that you get this type of dela...

Excel sheet (OLE object) sometimes open on the form sometimes in E
Hello there, I have an Excel sheet (OLE object in the table) on a form , I have setup the Property in "Auto Activate" as Double-Click , so when I double click the object the sheet open. But sometime the object appears on the form as an Excel Icon - then when I double click it open in Excel - that is what I want. But sometime it appears as a table of data and when I double click it open on the form - I want to avoid that and instead always have the sheet open in excel. Any idea? Many many thanks, Dan Hi Dan, By default, you can directly double click the OLE Ob...

Exchange Server slowness
We use MS Exchange 2002 server for email and use the program Outlook 2003. Lately it has been extremely slow and a message pops up stating it is retrieving file from MS Exchange Server. Any suggestions? If the message appears on your workstation it may not be a server related issue. The issue maybe related to the amount of traffic on the network. To know if the server is slow more information such as disk, memory and cpu utilization needs to be known. Also check if there are any relevant messages in the event logs of your worksatation and server. "Carlos Pisquem" <ccccpi...

Upgrade to exchange enterprise #2
Hello I have just moved to exchange enterprise from exchange standard(with the mailbox move method). Everything has gone well but i'm noticing that i'm still getting event 1221 messages stating that there is x amount of space in the public and private message stores. Just wondering if i should still be getting these messages. I'm aware though that exchange space is white space based and that when you exceed the amount of white space the database will grow again. But just wondering if i should still be getting those 1221's. Thanks On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 09:17:03 -070...

How? Default is current date, but user can edit if needed?
I want Start Date field to default to the current date, but allow the user to change it if needed. Start Date field has a format of Short Date with a mask __/__/__. The boss wants the field to default to the current date to eliminate keystrokes for the user. Scenario: User forgot to input data yesterday that must reflect yesterday's date. How can the field be formatted to allow the user to change the Start Date field if the field defaults to current date? When a field has a default value, it can be changed as you want. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele...

Can't compile at VC++ Express Edition 2008
Hi I just switched to window programming. I have a code which I can compile and run under Unix, but I cant compile it at Window VC++ Express Edition 2008. Here is some part of my code cpp-trick.h #if !defined(PACKET) || !defined(INTEGER) || !defined(STRING) #error Not all necessary macros were defined. #endif PACKET(Auth, STRING(username) STRING(password) ) PACKET(Ack, INTEGER(status) STRING(error_text) ) #undef PACKET #undef INTEGER #undef STRING typedef enum { #define INTEGER(name) #define STRING(name) #define PACKET(name, fields...

Unable to Install Microsoft Office 2004 Updates
I tried both the auto-update from within an individual office product (Excel) as well as the download from the Microsoft website. In both cases I am able to download the update, but once it starts it gives me an error message that says: Software could not locate the correct version of the software reqruired to install this update. Upon checking Component Plugin it shows that I have installed 11.2.5 (060523). I have tried to install Office 2004 Update 11.2.6 as well as 11.3.0 and neither one works - both give me the same error as above. Office 2004 works fine and I have no problems running...

PM edit list exception report
Is there a way to print a PM Edit list showing only transactions with errors that will not post? Or a full list with the error transactions at the top or something like this? -- JayStar ...

An Object could not be found??!? Please Help!
I have seen this question asked a few times on Web Forums as well as newsgroups, however it seems that none of the solutions seem to work for me. Here is my scenario. I recently purchased a brand new Dell Server and workstations. The Dell Server is configured as a PDC running Windows Server 2003. The workstations are running Windows XP with Office 2003 installed. The only other software installed on both server and workstations are Symantec Corporate Edition Virus v.7.6, and Exchange Server 2003 on the server. I ran the Exchange Server setup and all seemed to go well. I created a mailbo...

Error sending email and editing email's body
I have the following function Private Sub SendEmail_Click() Dim strSubject As String Dim strEmailList As String Dim strMessage As String Dim strMessage2 As String On Error GoTo Err_SendEmail_Click strSubject = "Please investigate" & " " & [Ticket #] strEmailList = "JohnDoe@emailaddess.com " strMessage = Me.Text_Description strMessage2 = "Assign to:" DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , acFormatRTF, strEmailList, , , strSubject, strMessage, strMessage2 Exit_SendEmail_Click: Exit Sub Err_SendEmail_Click: ...

Services Exchange Server
When using the Microsoft Exchange Server service how do you get Outlook 2000 to recognize the service over a broadband, VPN connection? Outlook should be using your default network connection - if you've established a VPN connection and can ping the Exchange server by name, you should just be able to open Outlook. SWT wrote: > When using the Microsoft Exchange Server service how do > you get Outlook 2000 to recognize the service over a > broadband, VPN connection? ...

Using Outlook/Exchange Server as a central dispatch manager?
I'll try to be detailed, but brief. Running Exchange 2K with mixed Outlook clients throughout office. We're a service company and we have a mailbox called "dispatch". When a service call comes in, we create a new task in the Dispatch mailbox, add the detail and then "assign" it to someone. They accept and update until the call is complete (every time a change is made it synchs with dispatch's task). When the call is complete/closed, the task in central dispatch is closed and then processed We want to enhance some of this -- are there any features in Exchan...

Replicating SQL dB with Exchange
How kan i, Replicating e-mail addresses, fax numbers and Distribution Groups from sql database to Ms Exchange 2003? Kind regards "HY" <HY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Replicating e-mail addresses, fax numbers and >Distribution Groups from sql database to Ms Exchange 2003? Export the information from SQL in LDIF format (or into some other format and then convert it to LDIF), then import into the Active Directory using LDIFDE.exe. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this add...

Porblem microsoft office scanning
i have a copier machine - Canon -and it works as scanner every time i click the big scan button error message appear telling me (Send - Don't send) I want to resolve this .... ...

Adding second domain to Exchange server
I have Exchange 5.5SP4 on NT4.0 server SP6a. I have it set up for my company everything works fine... My question is is it possible to add a second company to single exchange server? For example messages sent to domainname1.com will go to the proper people and domainname2.com will go to the proper people. 2 domains running on the same server routing mail to the proper domain. Is this possible? If so can someone point me in the right direction to find the info I need to complete this? THank You This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C45F45.3F0FD1C0 Conte...

How to get item object while getting right click event in the list control ??
Hi, I am using list control in MFC.. I have added following handler for right click notification through class wizard.. void CMyDlg::OnRclickList1(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here *pResult = 0; } Now, i want to get the currently right clicked item object.. so, how to get that ?? I saw in MSDN, NMHDR doesnt have any data about that.. Thx.. ===== Regards, Jigar Meht The Item that was right clicked will become the selected item. But if you are not happy with that then you can do this CPoint Point; GetCursorPos(&Point...

Visual Basic System Error-Userform
When attempting the use a userForm I receive the following error: System Error &H80070057(-2147024809). The Parameter is incorrect I also receive this error when I attempt to insert a new user Form. The code of the Form should be correct as I have used it in the past. The only programs that I have installed recently are the normal window updates including the new version of Windows Media player. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Problem solved by using the office install/repair. "GENEF" wrote: > When attempting the use a userForm I receive the following ...

MICROSOFT MONEY 2005
I use MSN Bill Pay with Microsoft Money. I own a copy of Microsoft Money 2004. 1. Things were fine until I downloaded a "trial version of Money 2005" 2. In loading Money 2005, I made the mistake of doing the "recommended" load over Money 2004, which wipes out Money 2004 (incidentally, that was a download too - but more to come about that). 3. Microsoft Money 2005 completely wiped out my MSN bill pay file. YEARS OF DATA with no way of retrieving the data, according to MSN Bill Pay support people. 4. After three hours with 6 different support people from MSN Bill P...

Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 Review
Scroll down this page for the review: http://www.activewin.com/awin/default.asp Here is a direct link for when the review has left the main page: http://www.activewin.com/reviews/software/apps/ms/pub2k3/index.shtml -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. To much popup spam and viruses at that website. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from ���MS�Publisher��� <donotknock@nobodyhome.com>... &g...