EDB Data recover

One of our client had a very bad HDD crash. A specialized
society had only recover the EDB file from our client's
5.5 server.

After many try, we still could'nt access the data. Our
client want to recover the data of the different
mailboxes.

We've installed a server with the same data but the server
refuse to start. edbutil say that the database is safe.

How could we recover or extract the data from the edb ?

If you only have the EDB file left, you could always consider PowerControls:

http://www.ontrack.co.uk/powercontrols/

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchange.co.uk

"Jean-Fran�ois Marseaut" <jf.marseaut@xantor.com> wrote in message
> One of our client had a very bad HDD crash. A specialized
> society had only recover the EDB file from our client's
> 5.5 server.
>
> After many try, we still could'nt access the data. Our
> client want to recover the data of the different
> mailboxes.
>
> We've installed a server with the same data but the server
> refuse to start. edbutil say that the database is safe.
>
> How could we recover or extract the data from the edb ?

0
neil.hobson (1158)
11/27/2003 11:38:58 AM
Thanks. Does it exists a free software doing the same=20
thing ?

No. Do you have good backups?

Jean-Fran�ois Marseaut wrote:
> Thanks. Does it exists a free software doing the same
> thing ?

0
lanwench (7567)
11/27/2003 3:07:42 PM
No. It is our problem. The client had no backup :-(

wrote in message
specialized
client's

server
safe.

edb ?

>>> .
>

>.

I think it's gonna have  to be PowerControls, then....and then implement a
good backup system for moving forward....

Jean-Fran�ois Marseaut wrote:
> No. It is our problem. The client had no backup :-(

0
lanwench (7567)
11/29/2003 3:02:17 AM
Have a look athe software located at the link below

http://nkibben.excelrecovery.com/exchange/index.htm

"Jean-Fran�ois Marseaut" <jf.marseaut@xantor.com> wrote in message
> One of our client had a very bad HDD crash. A specialized
> society had only recover the EDB file from our client's
> 5.5 server.
>
> After many try, we still could'nt access the data. Our
> client want to recover the data of the different
> mailboxes.
>
> We've installed a server with the same data but the server
> refuse to start. edbutil say that the database is safe.
>
> How could we recover or extract the data from the edb ?

0
exchange.mvp (559)
11/29/2003 11:34:30 AM
Ah - didn't know they did edb file recovery as well. All I can say is that
PowerControls definitely works! :-)

Andrew Sword [MVP] wrote:
> Have a look athe software located at the link below
>
> http://nkibben.excelrecovery.com/exchange/index.htm
>

> "Jean-Fran�ois Marseaut" <jf.marseaut@xantor.com> wrote in message
>> One of our client had a very bad HDD crash. A specialized
>> society had only recover the EDB file from our client's
>> 5.5 server.
>>
>> After many try, we still could'nt access the data. Our
>> client want to recover the data of the different
>> mailboxes.
>>
>> We've installed a server with the same data but the server
>> refuse to start. edbutil say that the database is safe.
>>
>> How could we recover or extract the data from the edb ?

0
lanwench (7567)
11/29/2003 5:46:42 PM
When I compared ExchangeServerRecovery against PowerControls ..
PowerControls won out by a mile.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> Ah - didn't know they did edb file recovery as well. All I can say is that
> PowerControls definitely works! :-)
>
> Andrew Sword [MVP] wrote:
> > Have a look athe software located at the link below
> >
> > http://nkibben.excelrecovery.com/exchange/index.htm
> >

> > "Jean-Fran�ois Marseaut" <jf.marseaut@xantor.com> wrote in message
> >> One of our client had a very bad HDD crash. A specialized
> >> society had only recover the EDB file from our client's
> >> 5.5 server.
> >>
> >> After many try, we still could'nt access the data. Our
> >> client want to recover the data of the different
> >> mailboxes.
> >>
> >> We've installed a server with the same data but the server
> >> refuse to start. edbutil say that the database is safe.
> >>
> >> How could we recover or extract the data from the edb ?

0
dave974 (7)

Do a calculation in cells with text data format
I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for further calculation? Your guidance to accomplish it is appreciated. Thanks, Ray Example? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ray" <NoSpam-ZQLi@GMail.com> wrote in message news:ei$Jbmy$FHA.216@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a few columns of cells having a mixed data format of number and text. > Is it possible to convert the first row of numbers in text data format for > further calculation? Your guidance to accomplis...

Where has the data map tool gone to in Excel 2003?
Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. It's gone as of Exel 2002. Here is MS's statement and a link to another program for map making. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010346591033.aspx tj "macray" wrote: > Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. If it still resides on the hard drive, you can use it from later Excel versions, through the Insert Object dialog. But I think uninstallation is pretty good at wiping it out. In my case, I have multiple versions of Excel installed on one machine, so Excel 2003...

Clearing data from one worksheet to another
I am looking to build a sheet that will act as a "front page". It wil request some information from the user, numbers and text only. I want this data to be transferred to a particular row address (i.e A5, A8 and A10) in another sheet, where all the calculations an formulae are all set up. The data on the "front page needs to be cleared ready for the nex entries, and the other sheet must have an additional row inserted wit all the existing formulae to perform the calculations while al existing entries are kept for historical purposes. Ohhh, Is this in any way possible? Any i...

How do I require a form field have data entered before next field
I have a word document with form fields and I would like to make some of the fields to require an answer befoe the next field is filled in. Marsha K wrote: > I have a word document with form fields and I would like to make some > of the fields to require an answer befoe the next field is filled in. See http://www.gmayor.com/formfieldmacros.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

Importing data from several sheets, to one chart
I need data from many sheet into one chart (In its own sheet). I know how to do it when its from from sheet (In this example, sheet named Pernille) : =Pernille!$AS$10 I tried this : =Pernille!$AS$10;Aase!$AS$10 But the reference was not valid. Please help, I havent been able to find anything, not even in my E-learning. Martin, Probably the easiest way to chart data from multiple sheets is to create a summary range in a single sheet that references the other sheets with formulas. If you use this technique then all you have to do is generate the chart using the summary range as your sourc...

Finding data in grouped sheets
When using the 'find' option whilst workbook pages are grouped together I am getting data from the last page first, then the last but one etc. Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to change this so that it finds the data in the first possible page, ie it looks at page 3 before page 4 etc? What I am trying to do is set up a spreadsheet which finds the first 'vacancy' in a childrens nursery. As I have set it up at the moment it is finding the last vacancy first! All help greatly received! Thanks in advance. Susie Vaughan This may not quite fit, but you may find it very us...

Excel Incorrectly Plotting Non-sequential Data Points
I am plotting a chart in Excel 2003 using non-sequential data points as shown below. Time Value 0 0.07 2 0.09 4 0.14 6 0.10 9 0.08 10 0.09 Excel, however, plots them in order as if they were: Time Value 1 0.07 2 0.09 3 0.14 4 0.10 5 0.08 6 0.09 When I look at the Source Data, it highlights the right data, but just seems to plot it incorrectly. Could this be a formatting error? Any help is VERY appreciated. Aaron, Select both columns (not j...

Import of Money 98 Data
Does anyone know if its possible to import Money 98 (US Version) to the latest Money International version? The easiest way would be to try it out. There is a trial version of the international version. Some of the earlier (pre-2000) versions directly convert even though they are different regional versions, so you may be lucky. Trial can be obtained via http://money.mvps.org/downloads/default.aspx -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Mone...

Version 2002 - Org Chart - Creating using wizard with xls Data Source
Hi Guys, I'm creating an org chart using xls spreadsheet as the data source. Is there a way to sort the branches alphabetically automatically? Cheers Unfortunately, the Org Chart solution generates the diagram using a random order. -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "u828576" <bitofpacedropshoulder@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OxaL%23dwvHHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi Guys, > > I'm creating an org chart using xls spreadsheet as...

Validating data in a User Form
I have created a User Form to enter data into an Excel Database using text boxes. For one field (textbox) I would like to limit the user input to three names, say AA, BB or CC. I know how to do it on the worksheet and it works just fine. I can't figure out how to do for the textbox for that field in the form. Will someone give me a gentle shove in the right direction? Thank you very much. If you're going to limit it to three names, why use a TextBox? I'd use a listbox or combobox loaded with the names instead. In article <11bb45co1m5nmbd@corp.supernews.com>, &q...

change font color of first cell in data table attached to chart
When I change the color of my font in a data table that I attached to my column chart, the first cell or what appears to be the name for my first column along the x-axis will not change color. WHY? Hi Momo, >When I change the color of my font in a data table that I attached to my >column chart, the first cell or what appears to be the name for my first >column along the x-axis will not change color. WHY? Because Excel does not work with the data cell formatting for its graphs but only with the data cells volumes... BTW: Afaik you can not use different colors within the x...

MSCRMEmail: Unable to read data from the transport connection
Here is the error log #61042 - An error occurred while processing the outgoing e-mail message with subject "[CRM|New Lead] Supply Chain Event Leads from MS Dynamics CRM:0001482" for SMTP: http://justkeyindev/BSG for delivery through smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com. System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host at System.Net.Sock...

Migrating CRM Data
We're customizing CRM on a test machine (using the adventure-works cycle license) and intend to implement it on another server (using our own license). Is it possible to use the CRM Redeployment Tools to migrate the data under a different OU name Any help would be appreciated. If you only have contact and lead data to move from database to the other, you could export the data to a csv file (via Excel) and re-import it. However, if you have more data, (as is probable) you are looking at a data migration using the data migration framework. If you are only looking to export and imp...

Looking for an excel function which can mirror opposite the data
Dear sir, There are 2 data sets is assumed running in A1 down, viz.: From A1 down to A10, are showing a set of number: from 1 to 10 In the cell from B1 to B10, are showing from 10 to 1, which is decreasing from 10 to 1. My question: I want to know is there any excel formula which I can place in B1 and pick A10's number; B2 pick A9's number and etc. I know there is an easy way to do it, just type "=A10" in the cell of B1, but it is quite difficult to do it when I have more than 200 number, e.g. A1 to A200. Thanks for your advice, Wilchong -- Message posted via OfficeKB...

Shifting Data Points
I have a graph with two lines. I want to shift one of the lines to the right, while mainitaing the origianl two lines. How do I do this. I have data points listed in the spreadhsheet , but I want to pick up one line graph and shift it to the right by 2 spaces, but keping the original graph. Can anyone offer me some assistance? You have to add the same small amount to each X value in the series source data range. The easiest way to do this is by putting the small amount in another cell, then use a formula in each cell in the X value range that adds this cell's value to whatever ...

Filling in data to the selected field
Hi everyone, Initially I can work with the code below... But I want some modifications. Below is the output I want...J0001(OLD) WHILE J0002 (NEW) Before :- Bil (pk) JobNumber PartNumber RequiredQty KittedQty 1 J0001 A1 1 1 2. J0001 B1 8 6 3. J0002 B1 8 After:- Bil (pk) JobNumber PartNumber RequiredQty KittedQty 1 J0001 A1 1 1 2. ...

Averaging weekly data into Months
Ive got a string of weekly data ranging from 1993-2010, which i need to convert from weekly to monthly. Id like to do this so that in the future new weekly data can be automatically converted to its monthly average. Whats the best way to do this? Maybe this will be useful to you... Step1: (If your weekly-date is in column B) Make a new column near your data, with formula in each line as "=eomonth(b1,0)" This will bring month value of each data-line, so later you can summarise/condense your data through this column value. Step2: In your monthly summary, use refe...

Drop line on only one data point in series
Is it possible to add a drop line to only one data point in a series? If so, how? I believe attaching an autoshape line to a single data point would also meet my needs. I would like to be able to have a single data point marked with a line that doesn't require repositioning every time I add new points to the end of the series, which is daily. Any ideas? An autoshape would move anytime a heavy truck drove by. You could add custom negative error bars to the series, where the range containing the values contained zero for each point except for the one you want the drop line for. Easie...

Change "FALSE" to "NO DATA"
Right now I have the following function in a cell column: =IF(P18="PMR",E$26) But when the referenced cell does not equal "PMR" it turns up as "FALSE". Can I change this so it turns up as "NO DATA"? Thanks in advance. The below will do what you're looking for. Rgs, Rob =IF(P18="PMR",E$26,"No Data") "AAA1986" <AAA1986@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5960938B-F8A9-4F80-A865-3E5FEDF9CEFC@microsoft.com... > Right now I have the following function in a cell column: > >...

how do I merge 2 cells in excel without loosing data
how to merge two colums? one contains text rows the other contains numeric data without loosing any of the data this means merging the data also thanks for your help Try Debra's nice coverage at her: http://www.contextures.com/xlCombine01.html She also provides some examples of how to format the numeric data part when it's combined with text under the "Formatting Examples" section - scroll down towards the end of the page -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "wimmat" <wimmat@discussions.micro...

Pulling data for a report from a form
Hi, I have a product report list that want to show the on hand qty. so i have this formula in a report field: =onHand([pkProductID],Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty) but when i preview the report it shows #name? instead. Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 To refer to a textbox on another (open) form, use: =Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "josros60 via AccessMonster.com" <u56159@uw...

Getting error "selection is too large" when copying data
I was copying multiple cells to other rows in my spreadsheet and I received an error "Selection is too large". I have never received this before and I have had some huge spreadsheets... ...

System recover in XP
Hello-- Never have tried using one of these before, but here goes...A few days ago I installed new virus software (2010 version of BitDefender)-I don;t think that is causing the problem, though. I then installed the XP patch(?) 3 from microsoft since Bitdefender had it rated as a critical update. My system bogged down terribly. I tried to use system restore..tried 6 different points fianlly going back several weeks and the restore will NOT work. I appears that it is working, shuts down the computer, then I get message that it did not work. Any ideas?? I probably only know en...

how do you send excel data from office to the treo phone?

Recovering emails from .ost files
A network server has broken but there is a file "outlook.ost" on my local computer. Does this file hold copies of my emails? How can I read them, please? -- Kevin Yes, it does. Log on to Outlook in offline mode (on the General tab of Control Panel > Mail. set "When starting" to "Manually control connection state" and check "choose the connection type when starting. Then you will see the mails if offline access was enabled before the server went down. (you could check date stamp and file size to figure out, whether the .ost file was actually in use...