Easier way to replicate 1,000 Public folders?? HELP

Just finished setting up a new Exchange 2000 Server on our domain.  Now what
I need to do is replicate hundreds of public folders from our other mail
server.

There are hundreds of folders, and sub folders in the 'Public' store. So
far, I've been adding the replica to each folder, one by one.   I really
don't want to spend the day adding a replica to a few hundred folders.  Is
there a tool I can use, that will automaticaly add 'NewServerMail' to each
public folder replica?  If not, this will take hours!!

Thanks
0
CourtneyR (16)

you should be able to select each "top level" folder, configure the replica,
then tell it to propagate settings (replicas)...or use pfdavadmin which also
gives you this option...

"Courtney R" <CourtneyR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just finished setting up a new Exchange 2000 Server on our domain.  Now
what
> I need to do is replicate hundreds of public folders from our other mail
> server.
>
> There are hundreds of folders, and sub folders in the 'Public' store. So
> far, I've been adding the replica to each folder, one by one.   I really
> don't want to spend the day adding a replica to a few hundred folders.  Is
> there a tool I can use, that will automaticaly add 'NewServerMail' to each
> public folder replica?  If not, this will take hours!!
>
> Thanks

0
sconkey (3059)

Is there a way to select all text boxes in a document?
I want to change the size of my document from a booklet on 11 x 14 paper to one page each on 8 1/2" x 11" paper. I can get the document to change to the 81/2 x 11 paper but the text boxes are still the smaller size (from the booklet). Is there a way to select all the text boxes at once so I can reformat their size? I want to make a large-print version of this booklet. Thank you for any help you can offer. Try the Painter tool. Quickly copy formatting with the Format Painter http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA010548921033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.mi...

way to subquery for next record in query?
I've got a query (qryMaingroup) that looks at a table (tblMain) and displays all the records in tblMain with a seat number less than a particular value. I'd like to query that query to find the first record that has a seat number which adding 1 would mean that the next record in the original query is not equal. In other words if the first query returns all those in tblMain with tblMain.Seat less than 13, the second query returns the lowest Seat value from the first query where tblMain.Seat + 1 < tblMain.Seat from the next lowest value in that first query. I think ultimately...

Help...to many birthdays
I currently use Outlook 2000 as my contact manager. I have over 7000 contacts, most with birthdays in the birthday heading. My problem is that , when I pull up my calendar, all of the birthdays show on the calendar. There are some days when I'll get 30 birthdays showing up. Is there any way to configure the system so that the birthdays will not show up on the calendar view? Thanks for the help. Barry "Barry" <barryasman@verizon.net> wrote in message news:NKj5f.2794$fC3.1066@trndny01... >I currently use Outlook 2000 as my contact manager. I have over 7000 > ...

HELP: Excel changed all my hyperlinks A:
Help For some reason Excel went and changed all my hyperlinks to point to my floppy drive a:\ -WHY? Is there any way I can automatically remove the a:\ hyperlink references, manually renaming is going to take ages. Excel's replace function doesn't seem to work with hyperlinks :-( -Arska Hello Arska, Have you tried find and replace? Press ctrl+h Find what: A:\ Replace with: C:\My Documents (assuming this is where the file you want to link) Then hit Replace All or if your using xl 2002 you can go to EDIT|links then hit change source Hope this could help Jon-jon "Ars...

How to select more than one folders in folder list?
Hi, I am using Outlook2000. Everybody who know how to select more than one folder in folder list for copying or moving to other folder? Thanks a lot outlook only allows you to select one folder at a time. -- "Raymond" <rayctifw@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OwbKvO5ZDHA.1620@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am using Outlook2000. > > Everybody who know how to select more than one folder in folder list for > copying or moving to other folder? > > Thanks a lot > > ...

GHOST Item within RMS 1.3
Hi All, I am new to this newsgroup. Your insights will be appreciated. We currently have 3 registers and one server runing RMS 1.3. we also export the database to external machine which has a 3rd party application which is the middleware. The middleware acts as the interface to the webserver and uploads the data to the web server. When I pull the inventory from the RMS into Middleware application, i see items that are NOT even in the RMS. Within RMS, i have checked the inactive items as well and the item is just no where to be found. The item being shown is really a duplicate item with...

Cannot access shared folders
Hi, We had a problem with the raid controller after a power failure. Swapped the controller and managed to start the server again. However I needed to reinstall SBS2003 and now I cannot access any shared foler except the users shared folder. Another ' funny' thing is that when i try to run the internet connection wizzard i get the message that this wizzard can only be run on a sbs machine. Users can login and acces there mailbox without anyproblem Any idea what went wrong? Thanks Johan Stuurman Okay shares are now working but still the internet wizzard is a pro...

Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the spec
I have Outlook 2003 with SP1 and a fully patched install point. Any machines that have this current install gets a message when trying to view public folders from the folder views. "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The operation failed." Any suggestions? ...

How to go back from 350 worksheet to the first worksheet in 1 file
Hi.. i hv 1 question to ask. Assume that i have more than 200 worksheet into 1 excel file, so imaging that i need to go back to the first worksheet from 350 page. So how should i do? Can i add the button like 'GO BACK TO FIRST PAGE' inside the 350 page, so when i click that button, it will go back to the first page, or any better suggesstion? Thanks in advanced. Regards, Wilmos Lee Hi try right-clicking with your mosue on the sheet navigation buttons in the lower left corner of your workbook. This should open a list of all your worksheets -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ...

Eudora 6.1 to Outlook Express 6 #2
I have having trouble importing my messages from Eudora 6.1 to Outlook Express 6. When I try to do import I get a long message that says "No messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open. Please select another folder or try closing applications that may have the files open." Anybody have any ideas? ...

Blank Screen without Summary in Outlook Today Help Please
When I open my outlook today I see my summary flash just for a milisecond and then the screen is blank except for the words for the messages, tasks and calendar. Help if you can. What can I do to correct this? Thanks Steve ...

Excel using =RC[-1] format and I don't want it
On this machine only, Excel will use the format =RC[-1] when I am entering a formula on the command line by hand and click on a cell to reference it in the formula. I don't know how this got on but I would like it to go off. On my other machines, it does the old familiar A1:B2 style of cell reference. I can't even search for how to fix it since I can't determine what this is called so I can turn it off. The only reference I have seen is a button that is only effective for macro creating and I am not creating a macro, just a formula, interactively, in the cell. How ...

Excel graph 3 sets of data. 2 sets as lines 1 as column?
I have data a bit like below, I am trying to do a graph, which shows the AFR as columns for A-D, but I want 'water' and 'whole' as seperate lines to show current scores across the graph. When I do the graph, I get two columns and 1 line. Does anyone know how to get to get the two lines? A B C D AFR 0.8 0.6 0.4 0.3 Water 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 Whole 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 Hi AndyN, On the chart, select the second column, right-click, select Chart Type from the context menu, select line chart. Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com Ed Thanks for that worked a treat, I'll remember that ...

Re: Shared calendar not showing popup reminders; way to do this?
Oops, forgot again. Version = O2K. "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunkMail.com> wrote in message news:... >A colleague and I have access to our respective boss' calendars. We have >them open yet minimized. What we're finding is that the 15min reminder >pops up for our bosses but not for us. > > Is there a way to get our shared copies to also remind us of an upcoming > meeting for our respective bosses. This would be of enormous help! > > Thanks. :oD > > There's an add-in written by an MVP, Ken Slovak: http://www.slovaktec...

Chart help
I have a chart that shows sales data for each company that has done work for us by month for the past year. Problem is that if there were no sales for that company for a given month, that month dosn't show in the graph. What I need to show is a graph by company for every month with a 0 sales total for that month if there were no sales. I know I could just go through and put in a zero sale for each company for any month that they did not have a sale, but... I seem to remember that there is a setting that will do this for me. Can someone tell me if I am corect and where this setting is? ...

general questions.. please help
can i know normally do people convert text files to xml format? how can we do to convert data from text files to xml? is it possible? to generate xml from jsp is it done automatically or manually? thanks in advance! appreciate if there are any links helpful... thanks all of u! jeremy *-----------------------* Posted at: www.GroupSrv.com *-----------------------* Hello Jeremy, > can i know normally do people convert text files to xml format? not normally by hand, but it can be done. Doing it with a program is better. > how can we do to convert data from text files to x...

Sent Items Folder..
Any idea if there is a way I can make an email to be put into my sent items folder? I usually keep a record of things in my sent item box. I want to make an email look like I put it there on 8/31. "shawn" <yuppicide138@optonline.net> wrote in message news:OlsOXU78HHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Any idea if there is a way I can make an email to be put into my sent > items folder? I usually keep a record of things in my sent item box. I > want to make an email look like I put it there on 8/31. > <sharp intake of breath> are you trying to cover up s...

Help! COUNTIF and SUMPRODUCT are eating my brain!
This *should* be easy, I guess, but I keep getting errors where I canno see a problem with my formula (Tho' admittedly I'm by no means an Exce expert). Here's my task: I have column G labeled "Tasks" and the cell values are either "Open" "Closed", "Cancelled", or blank. Then I have column L labeled "Name and the cell values are, of course, names. I'm simply trying to come u with a formula that will tally the tasks that are "Open" and of those how many are assigned to "Smith". After fruitless attempts using COUN...

A better way to look for 'A' thru 'M'?
Hello, I have the following query: SO CA: IIf([All Programs Quoted crosstab].[State]="CA" And [All Programs Quoted crosstab].[Zip_Code]<"94000" And ([All Programs Quoted crosstab].[Broker_Name] Like "a*" Or [All Programs Quoted crosstab].[Broker_Name] Like "b*" Or [All Programs Quoted crosstab].[Broker_Name] Like "c*" Or [All Programs Quoted crosstab].[Broker_Name] Like "d*" Or [All Programs Quoted crosstab].[Broker_Name] Like "e*" Or [All Programs Quoted crosstab].[Broker_Name] Like "f*" Or [All Progra...

IM 10 Help
Hi, Need some help with IM 10 that came with GP 10 BE. I have tried following examples and manuel. Trying get vendor file in. 1. I have created a new intergration. 2. Added a new defined source. It is a comma delimited file. I give source a name. Browse and select file. Tell it is comma delimited and first row holds field names. Goto next tab "Columns". See all my source field names. 3. Add the Dynamics Vendor Destination. 4. go to mapping. the fields look ok. Two rules have source and rest have default. It will not let me change the rule drop down. So only those two rows can s...

Can I call FireEvent From Qsrules (Public Function Process)
Can Call FireEvent From Qsruels (Public Function Process) , Please sample code for me , I need to someone help me Please, Thanks you for your help ...

Quick question on sorting folders in Outlook
I am using Outlook 2003. Can I sort the order of my folder list? Not the contents (emails), but the folders themselves. It appears to be sorting alphabetically and no way of reorganizing them. Thanks! Keith You cannot change the order of the system folders--Inbox, Sent, Deleted etc, but you can name your personal folders accordingly. I have a folder I want at the bottom called XSaved, for instance. And you can put subfolders in the system folders. "Keith" wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003. Can I sort the order of my folder list? Not the > contents (emails), but...

total VC newbie: a simple dialog box
*I only need a single word from user*, and my program hasn't main window. Well, I'm surrounded with books and tutorials, API, SDK, MSDN&KB, from VC++ for dummies to Petzold & lotsa stuff, but I still can't do such a simple thing!!! I'm with VC 6.0, Windows XP. I'll try to format my questions: 1) Is it complicated/unnessesary to do this manually? If not, what should I write? 2) Automated resourse production - what do I do with all those add/insert instruments? 0) I'd like to do it without use of MFC, does it make the "goal" (yes, laugh at me) more/les...

When im half way through receiving a list of emails I loose my internet connection, as I have a dodgy phone line. I then have to press send and receive again because obviously I get an error on outlook express and when I click send and receive it starts from the begining of the list again. This has been going on for months now and ive got a list of about 11000 emails waiting to come through. Any ideas on what I should do? Is there any way of each time you click send and receive it starts from where it got upto last time e.g 30 0f 11000? Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheers Steve ...

Selecting default folders
I want my default contacts folder to be a public folder. It should be the folder I search by default, the one that opens when I open Contacts, and any new contacts I create should go there unless I specify otherwise. I don't see any way to set that. Am I outa luck? Actually, in terms of searching, I'd like to set up a predefined contacts search list like I can with email, so it searches both private and public folders by default. Any way that can be done? /kenw Ken Wallewein K&M Systems Integration Phone (403)274-7848 Fax (403)275-4535 kenw@kmsi.net www.kmsi.net Ken Wallew...