e-mail name vs. account name???

I just set up a new Exchange Server2003 SP2 on an existing Windows 2000
Server AD domain.  Two of the users are using generic account names (i.e.
associate and notebook902).  These are real people named Jessica and
Kathleen.  E-mail addresses have been created on their accounts using their
real names (i.e. jessica@domain.com and Kathleen@domain.com).  Their e-mail
is working fine. They receive e-mail that is sent to jessica@domain.com but
when they send e-mail it shows as from associate@domain.com.  How do I fix it
so sent e-mail shows coming from e-mailaddress@domain.com rather than
accountname@domain.com???

In news:0DDF9F26-D56E-4ADA-A391-93C2AF3AA85C@microsoft.com,
Barry Oxford <BarryOxford@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I just set up a new Exchange Server2003 SP2 on an existing Windows
> 2000 Server AD domain.  Two of the users are using generic account
> names (i.e. associate and notebook902).  These are real people named
> Jessica and Kathleen.  E-mail addresses have been created on their
> accounts using their real names (i.e. jessica@domain.com and
> Kathleen@domain.com).  Their e-mail is working fine. They receive
> e-mail that is sent to jessica@domain.com but when they send e-mail
> it shows as from associate@domain.com.  How do I fix it so sent
> e-mail shows coming from e-mailaddress@domain.com rather than
> accountname@domain.com???

In their account properties in ADUC, set the default SMTP address as you
wish (and you can also uncheck the option to update via recipient policy).

0
lanwench (7567)
3/16/2006 1:37:20 AM
In AD, go to the user's properties.  Go to the E-mail Addresses, select the
address you want to be the default "from" address, click the Set As Primary
button, click OK.

Good luck :-)

dh

"Barry Oxford" wrote:

> I just set up a new Exchange Server2003 SP2 on an existing Windows 2000
> Server AD domain.  Two of the users are using generic account names (i.e.
> associate and notebook902).  These are real people named Jessica and
> Kathleen.  E-mail addresses have been created on their accounts using their
> real names (i.e. jessica@domain.com and Kathleen@domain.com).  Their e-mail
> is working fine. They receive e-mail that is sent to jessica@domain.com but
> when they send e-mail it shows as from associate@domain.com.  How do I fix it
> so sent e-mail shows coming from e-mailaddress@domain.com rather than
> accountname@domain.com???
0
Dan4650 (795)
3/16/2006 1:46:22 AM
Set jessica@domain.com as the primary address.

Nue
"Barry Oxford" <BarryOxford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just set up a new Exchange Server2003 SP2 on an existing Windows 2000
> Server AD domain.  Two of the users are using generic account names (i.e.
> associate and notebook902).  These are real people named Jessica and
> Kathleen.  E-mail addresses have been created on their accounts using
> their
> real names (i.e. jessica@domain.com and Kathleen@domain.com).  Their
> e-mail
> is working fine. They receive e-mail that is sent to jessica@domain.com
> but
> when they send e-mail it shows as from associate@domain.com.  How do I fix
> it
> so sent e-mail shows coming from e-mailaddress@domain.com rather than
> accountname@domain.com???

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/16/2006 1:59:27 AM
The only addresses listed are the SMTP address and the X400 address.  The Set
as default button is "greyed out".  I did uncheck the box to update via
recipient policy.  I think this fixed the problem.  it is working correctly
now.

> The only addresses listed are the SMTP address and the X400 address.  The
> Set
> as default button is "greyed out".  I did uncheck the box to update via
> recipient policy.  I think this fixed the problem.  it is working
> correctly
> now.

If you have

SMTP joebloggs@domain.com
and
smtp jbloggs@domain.com

.....then "joebloggs" is the default/primary. If you then select/highlight
jbloggs, the button should be 'ungrayed'. The default/primary is what
determines the sending address.

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>

>> In news:0DDF9F26-D56E-4ADA-A391-93C2AF3AA85C@microsoft.com,
>> Barry Oxford <BarryOxford@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>> > I just set up a new Exchange Server2003 SP2 on an existing Windows
>> > 2000 Server AD domain.  Two of the users are using generic account
>> > names (i.e. associate and notebook902).  These are real people named
>> > Jessica and Kathleen.  E-mail addresses have been created on their
>> > accounts using their real names (i.e. jessica@domain.com and
>> > Kathleen@domain.com).  Their e-mail is working fine. They receive
>> > e-mail that is sent to jessica@domain.com but when they send e-mail
>> > it shows as from associate@domain.com.  How do I fix it so sent
>> > e-mail shows coming from e-mailaddress@domain.com rather than
>> > accountname@domain.com???
>>
>> In their account properties in ADUC, set the default SMTP address as you
>> wish (and you can also uncheck the option to update via recipient
>> policy).

0
lanwench (7567)

Outlook 2003
When I type in a name to address an email, unless I have mailed them already and they appear on the recently used list, I then get a Check Names dialogue box and have to then search for additional names, even though the name is in the Address Book. Not sure why this is happening - I do have the Option to Suggest Names checked? Any ideas? Thanks State the steps you are using more clearly. You are talking about two completely different features here, the first is autocompletion, the second autoresolution. The latter will not prompt you for a search unless you have entered an invali...

Display Name of Field from 1 form in an unbound box on another for
I have 2 forms, 1 that is used to enter data and 1 that is a giant number pad. If a person double clicks in one of the fields on the data entry form it will open the number pad form and they can use the number pad to enter the data. This process works great. However, I want to have an unbound box at the top of the number pad form that shows which field has the focus on the data entry form. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Easy. Get the name of the field when the user clicks the control. If the control name is the same as the field name, that's easy. Otherwise you can s...

Change Account Setup
How do I change an account from "Online" to "Manual" for updates? I did this recently by going to Tools - Internet Updates - Customize Updates, and removing the password (i.e. just blanking it out) for the account in question. The first time it tries to update after you do this, Money gets irritated that there's no password, and then you get the opportunity to tell Money you don't want online updates for this account anymore. (I use M05 btw). -- Joaneee "SEABEE" wrote: > How do I change an account from "Online" to "Manual&quo...

ENU vs ENG server and client updates
When I go to obtain client and server updates for CRM 1.2, the downloads always list an update that ends with ....Client-ENU.exe, ...Client-ENG.exe (OR) ....Server-ENU.exe, ...Server-ENG.exe Is the difference between ENU and ENG for language where ENG signifies English (or) is ENG for Windows 2000 Server while ENU is for Windows 2003 Server? Can someone shed light on this? I wish Microsoft would give a small note by the download files what they stand for. Thanks in advance. Chad ENU=English for USA ENG=English for UK/Canada, etc. "Chad Sriram" <csriram@leafpartner.co...

Attaching an e-mail into an e-mail
Our boss likes for us to draft her e-mails to be sent out. We type and attach the e-mail she wants, send it to her and all she has to do is open it up, make her changes and hit send. This used to work w/ 2000 but w/ 2003 it does not. Any suggestions? can you be a bit more specific, what is it that isnt working now ?? Regards Davidt "Hope" wrote: > Our boss likes for us to draft her e-mails to be sent out. We type and > attach the e-mail she wants, send it to her and all she has to do is open it > up, make her changes and hit send. This used to work w/ 2000 b...

Internet Mail Service Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C49F0B.EE172F50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Team, For quite sometime my Internet Mail Service for Exchange 5.5 get stopped = of its own. My present environment setup is:-=20 1. I have 5 Exchange administrative console located at 3 three = different building.=20 2. My OS is Windows 2000 Server with SP4 3. Exchange 5.5 with SP4=20 4.Running NAV for Exchange built 2.18=20 After going through application logs, I found following E...

Administrator email account sending external msgs???
My Server Usage Report indicates that the Administrator account has sent 1820 External emails (only 16 internal ones). I'm perplexed since I have NOT used this account to send any external emails. I verified I don't have an open relay, so how is this possible? Paul wrote: > My Server Usage Report indicates that the Administrator > account has sent 1820 External emails (only 16 internal > ones). I'm perplexed since I have NOT used this account to > send any external emails. I verified I don't have an open > relay, so how is this possible? Probably bou...

Mail Queues
Hello In Mail Queues I found some strange mail witch no content Message ID, Sender Subject, and Recipients its all blank! How to delete mail in Queues wich no Message ID, Sender Subject, and Recipients, satus its olways retry. When I right click on mail its show only properties. How to delete it??? Thanks Armarn O.R. Hi Armarn, If you right click on the queue itself in the left hand pane and choose to delete all mail(no ndr). Hope this helps, -- Patrick Genova Pgenova@online.microsoft.com Please do not send mail directly to this alias. This alias is for Newsgroup purposes only. Th...

outlook mail merge from category
How do I separate out a particular category from my contacts to do a mail merge? Doesn't the "By Category" View of the Contacts Folder work for you? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "vedaggett" <vedaggett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CAD3829-DB46-4F94-9A79-9716640842DF@microsoft.com... > How do I separate out a particular category from my contacts to do a mail > merge? ...

Net Worth Report: Investment Account cash compenent as a separate line item
Is there a way to get MS Money to combine the cash account associated with an Investment account with the investment account. For investment accounts, 2 lines are unnecessarily reported in the Networth report such as below. I want only one amount reported. Account Name X $x Account Name X (cash) $Y Using Money 2004. Thx Probably not. Money really does think these are two accounts. You could always copy the report to Excel where you could make it say anything you want. "Bill Toupee" <billtupea@domain.com> wrote in message news:hmnXf.210000$H%4.1...

Internal Mail Problem
Hi all, I want to restrict some users to send & receive mail from internal user only, so I try to remove their smtp address and leave the x.400 address in the properties. This works well in Exchange 5.5 environment. But, how can I do this in Exchange 2003 environment, I cannot removed the smtp address in Exchange 2003, Please help, thanks. On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 00:46:12 +0800, <a> wrote: >Hi all, I want to restrict some users to send & receive mail from internal >user only, so I try to remove their smtp address and leave the x.400 address >in the properties. ...

Can't receive e-mails on windows mail
I have been trying to access e-mails and getting this message.? Any Help would be great. Thanks. I have re-done all the settings as per their website severall times but with no luck. Running Vista. Account: 'pop3.virginmedia.com', Server: 'pop3.virginmedia.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR not supported 3pf7420781ewy.51', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Follow the instructions in "How to use POP in Virgin Media Mail" at: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?...

problems with windows live mail
when windows live mail starts to download from my gmail pop account I always a box pop up saying "Internet Security Warning" dialog box "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. "The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value." "Do you want to continue using this server?" I click yes and it works, connects and downloads messages. Until the email client is close and restarted that is. Then once again on the first access the security certificate message is displayed. How do I get this to w...

Installed Exch2007 into existing 2003 site, cant send mail
I installed an Exchange 2007 server into our domain. This server is meant to be a test server. It created a different routing group for itself. It seemed to propogate all the correct settings for the connectors and our DMZ smart hosts, yet, on the test account I created, I cannot send email to either internal users on Exchange 2003 or to the Internet. -- "Technology also allows us to get very angry and abusive with people who can't punch us in the nose at that very minute." Scott Adams ...

DVD+R vs DVD+RW
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA91F8.D0BDD860 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a difference between DVD+R and DVD+RW? Seems when I burn to a DVD+R I'm unable to erase the disc. I am told = that it is Write-Protected by Vista Basic when I try to re-format it. But I'm able to erase and re-format the DVD+RW. James ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CA91F8.D0BDD860 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-p...

Help; how do i change the waiting circle (in IE tab) to anything e
I am making a website and i have a lot of wait time for my server-side pages to do their work. The waiting circle icon gives me a headache so I would like to change that to something else please. I remember IE6 had a great Microsoft Flag logo that would wave while a page would load. Could I get IE8 to use this logo? Sorry Trozza, you can't. "Trozza Mited" <Trozza Mited@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C401644-2391-4317-92BD-D7F3DFD2B06C@microsoft.com... > I am making a website and i have a lot of wait time for my server-side > p...

Import Account and Contacts
Hello everyone, is it possible to import Accounts and Commercial Contacts from Outllok BCM into CRM 3.0? How? Thank you -- Rino Bertolotto Sales Manager & Solution Architect STESA SRL Dear, you can import if you create excel or .csv file. http://blogs.msdn.com/usisvde/archive/2006/12/28/sync-microsoft-crm-3-0-with-outlook-2007.aspx about direct synchronization there is one in CRM 4.0 outlook client. and data manager for more see this -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@...

Sent Mail Error Outlook Express
IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS WHEN I SEND E-MAIL I GET AN OUTLOOK EXPRESS MESSAGE BOX THAT SAYS Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details. BUT THERE ARE NO DETAILS. THE EMAILS ARE NOT GOING TO THE SENT MAIL FOLDER. THE EMAILS ARE BEING DELIVERED AND RECEIVED BUT ON MY END THEY REMAIN IN THE OUTBOX AND ARE NOT GOING TO THE SENT MAIL FOLDER. I MUST CLEAR THE OUTLOOK EXPRESS ERROR BOX THEN DRAG THE SENT? MESSAGE OUT OF THE OUTBOX SO IT WON'T BE SENT AGAIN. ALSO YESTERDAY ALL PREVIOUS EMAIL IN THE SENT MAIL FOLDER DI...

How do I monitor e-mails
Windows NT 4 running Exchange 5.5 My boss asked me if there is some way we can monitor employee e-mails. Any help is appreciated. you want to look into "journaling"... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;261173 "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ez7BAFm1EHA.304@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Windows NT 4 running Exchange 5.5 > > My boss asked me if there is some way we can monitor employee e-mails. Any > help is appreciated. > > ...

OUTLOOK FIELD NAME
Hi at all!!!I have this problem....I want export my mail from Lotus Notes into Microsoft Outlook 2000. I have the script already available but I don't know the field name of Outlook document. Something can help me??? Bye.... how in the heck did you get that far, i can't figure any of it out ----- giuliano wrote: ----- Hi at all!!!I have this problem....I want export my mail from Lotus Notes into Microsoft Outlook 2000. I have the script already available but I don't know the field name of Outlook document. Something can help me???...

problem sending mail to yahoo
Hi everyone, I posted a message regarding the same issue a few days ago. Running SBS2003. I can send mail to everyone apart from YAHOO. Gmail, Hotmail (any of the main freemail providers) with no problems. I've just disabled my SPAM filtering software to see if this helps. Has anyone else experienced similar problems??? HELP :-) Dave what specific error are you getting? "Dave Crozier" <mdcrozier@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ukNSYoveFHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi everyone, > > I posted a message regarding the same issue a few days ago. > &...

Some accounts will not sync automatically
I have just changed to a different computer still using Win XP I have moved all my email accounts to WLM on the new computer BUT 2 of the accounts do not sync automatically. Yes they do have a tick in the box to include when sending or receiving. If I select these accounts individually from the sync menu they will sync perfectly but not automatically. I am baffled. I have compared all settings with those on the old computer and they are identical. Pleas can someone help me. What type of accounts are they (POP3, IMAP, HTTP)? How many accounts do you have? You might be runnin...

Cash-Basis Reporting using GP Analytical Accounting
We are a new GP 8 customer, still in the process of implementation, migrating from QuickBooks Pro. We are a non-profit and have unique reporting needs for our board and donors. We switched from cash-basis to accrual accounting about 2 years ago. However, a lot of our reports are still run on a cash-basis level, we need to be able to report on a cash basis as well as accrual basis. I know ther eis a cash-basis tool add-on for GP from AIM technologies. But I was wondering if the GP Analytical Accouning or multidimensional module would give us the same functionality and flexibility in g...

Corporate Renaissance's Account Changer capabilities
We have a customer who wants to add an account segment to an existing Chart of Accounts in GP. Will Corp. Renaissance's Account changer product allow the use of a file form import from Excel to add the extra Account Segment and account numbers? Thanks in advance to those more knowledgeable than me on this subject. Adam On Sep 29, 3:05 pm, Adam Eckroth <AdamEckr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We have a customer who wants to add an account segment to an existing Chart > of Accounts in GP. Will Corp. Renaissance's Account changer product allow > the use of a...