E-mail domain black listed...help!

Our domain name has been blacklisted because Exchange had the
unauthenticated relay feature turned on by default so our server was being
used to relay spam.

Does anyone here know how we can un-blacklist ourselves?  We'd hate to have
to change our domain name.  We've tried changing IP addresses, but it's
blacklisted at the name level.

Thanks.

0
jgirard1 (20)

Hello Jerry

At the bottom of the following article is some information that will help
you.

300580 XCON: Cannot Send E-Mail Messages to a Growing List of Domains
  http://kb/article.asp?id=Q300580

--
Michael Barta [MSFT]
Microsoft Exchange Support

newsgroup purposes only.

"Jerry Girard" <jgirard1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Our domain name has been blacklisted because Exchange had the
> unauthenticated relay feature turned on by default so our server was being
> used to relay spam.
>
> Does anyone here know how we can un-blacklist ourselves?  We'd hate to
have
> to change our domain name.  We've tried changing IP addresses, but it's
> blacklisted at the name level.
>
> Thanks.

0
mbarta (202)
11/26/2003 3:29:03 PM
The link you wrote doesn't work.

---

"Michael Barta [MSFT]" <mbarta@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hello Jerry

At the bottom of the following article is some information that will help
you.

300580 XCON: Cannot Send E-Mail Messages to a Growing List of Domains
  http://kb/article.asp?id=Q300580

--
Michael Barta [MSFT]
Microsoft Exchange Support

newsgroup purposes only.

"Jerry Girard" <jgirard1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Our domain name has been blacklisted because Exchange had the
> unauthenticated relay feature turned on by default so our server was being
> used to relay spam.
>
> Does anyone here know how we can un-blacklist ourselves?  We'd hate to
have
> to change our domain name.  We've tried changing IP addresses, but it's
> blacklisted at the name level.
>
> Thanks.

0
jgirard1 (20)
11/26/2003 5:34:08 PM
Sorry about that. This should work for you.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300580

--

> The link you wrote doesn't work.
>
> ---
>
> "Michael Barta [MSFT]" <mbarta@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Jerry
>
> At the bottom of the following article is some information that will help
> you.
>
> 300580 XCON: Cannot Send E-Mail Messages to a Growing List of Domains
>   http://kb/article.asp?id=Q300580
>
> --
> Michael Barta [MSFT]
> Microsoft Exchange Support
>
> Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for
> newsgroup purposes only.
rights.

> "Jerry Girard" <jgirard1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Our domain name has been blacklisted because Exchange had the
> > unauthenticated relay feature turned on by default so our server was
being
> > used to relay spam.
> >
> > Does anyone here know how we can un-blacklist ourselves?  We'd hate to
> have
> > to change our domain name.  We've tried changing IP addresses, but it's
> > blacklisted at the name level.
> >
> > Thanks.

0
mbarta (202)
us;300580

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

wrote in message
>Hello Jerry
>
>At the bottom of the following article is some
information that will help
>you.
>
>300580 XCON: Cannot Send E-Mail Messages to a Growing
List of Domains
>  http://kb/article.asp?id=Q300580
>
>--
>Michael Barta [MSFT]
>Microsoft Exchange Support
>
>Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This
alias is for
>newsgroup purposes only.
confers no rights.

>"Jerry Girard" <jgirard1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Our domain name has been blacklisted because Exchange
had the
>> unauthenticated relay feature turned on by default so
our server was being
>> used to relay spam.
>>
>> Does anyone here know how we can un-blacklist
ourselves?  We'd hate to
>have
>> to change our domain name.  We've tried changing IP
addresses, but it's
>> blacklisted at the name level.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
11/26/2003 6:29:08 PM
Okay, I read all the information and I went though a few sites and submitted
my domain to be removed from the SPAM database.

I also made changes in my Exchange SMTP settings to have all my outgoing
mail forwarded to my ISP's mail server.  I entered their SMTP server's
address in the Smart Host box in the Advanced Delivery options.  I can now
send mail to the domains that were once rejecting me.  Everything seems to
be in order.

Thanks for the link.

0
jgirard1 (20)
11/26/2003 6:38:13 PM
visit www.dnsstuff.com and check which list(s) you are listed on. Fix the
open relay and try to unsubscribe from those lists (might not be easy), the
methods differs for every blacklist.

  Gyula Karakas
  orf support
  www.vamsoft.com/orf

"Jerry Girard" <jgirard1@yahoo.com> wrote
> Our domain name has been blacklisted because Exchange had the
> unauthenticated relay feature turned on by default so our server was being
> used to relay spam.
>
> Does anyone here know how we can un-blacklist ourselves?  We'd hate to
have
> to change our domain name.  We've tried changing IP addresses, but it's
> blacklisted at the name level.

Item Price Lists
I am looking for a little help trying to work out the item price lists to show in a custom SmartList. My set up GP10 with latest patch Items are set up to use a percentage of list price and I have had to use the rounding screens to get the prices to match what we charge our customers. In the Item Price List card I see the correct price, along with the % being used. When trying to build the Smartlist, I have a calculated field that takes the List price from IV00105 and the discount from the UOMPrice field in IV00108, but I cannot work out how to apply the rounding method from IV00107. An...

File, Send to...Mail Recipient and no contacts show
I use Office 2000 Pro (fully patched) on a Windows XP Pro (fully patched)Compaq laptop. I can open up Outlook 2000 on my desktop and see all my contacts. I am logged on to a Windows 2000 domain controller and have Exchange 5.5. I want to send a Word doc to a mail recipient, but when I am in Outlook and click FILE, Send TO... MAIL RECIPIENT AS AN ATTACHMENT and click on the TO...button on my E-mail program, I do not see and of my contacts. Where did my contacts go? Thanks. Have you checked which contacts list/book you are using? Maybe you have multiple lists and outlook is using an ...

undelete or recover a contact or mailing list
It is very easy to unintentionally delete a contact or mailing list in Outlook 2003. Is there any way to recover same? Office 2003 Small Business Ed XP Pro SP1 psa wrote: > It is very easy to unintentionally delete a contact or mailing list in > Outlook > 2003. > > Is there any way to recover same? > > Office 2003 Small Business Ed XP Pro SP1 If you make backups, yes. You should back up all your data, including your PST file(s) regularly anyway. That said, perhaps see http://www.sparnaaij.net/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm Did you look in your D...

need some SQL Update Help
I have a Access 2000 db and I have these 2 tables. ArchInvoices --------------- InvoiceID - Primary Key - Autonumber InvoiceNumber - long SaleType - char(1) TransactionDate - DateTime Discount - Integer WholesaleFlag - Boolean PaymentMethod - Char(6) CustPONumber - Char(30) ShortName - Char(30) MdCountCode - char(2) TaxFreeID - char(30) Paid - Boolean FestInvoiceNumber - long The second Table is: ArchLineItems --------------- TransactionType - char(1) Units - integer UnitCost - Double BottleSize - Double LineItemId - PrimaryKey - Autonumber InvoiceNumber - Long - Foreign Key Field from Arc...

E-mail Filtering
How might I give only a couple of users right to send email to the internet, but allow all to send internal mail? Thanks, Jay http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:283cf01c4643d$9b136a20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How might I give only a couple of users right to send > email to the internet, but allow all to send internal mail? > > Thanks, > Jay ...

Error 80070057
H I just installed a Exchange 2003 box as new server of a Exchange 5.5 site (exdeploy-tools) I didn't received any errors during install and mail flow between servers My issue is when I view the RUS properties it shows only Descriptio properties and when I try to generate a new RUS service I get the erro Exchange System Manager Invalid Argumen Facility: Win3 ID No: 8007005 Exchange System Manage I received the same error message when I try to generate a new Address Lis What is the problem The exchange service account is member of the following groups: local administrators, domain a...

mail enabled Public Folder #5
Hello every one, I hope some could help me with the following: Do I have to do any thing special after mail enabling a public folder? I have Mail enabled a Public Folder which has the email Lab@EX.local. But I get nondelivery notice. I am using Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition. Appreciate any comments. Set the Anonymous role to at least Contributor for this public folder. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Public Folder" <Public Folder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46F812FE-E236...

CDC Help!
One of the common shapes that seems to be missing from the CDC members is the arrow. Is there a good way to do arrows? I need to create arrows around the circumference of a circle pointing toward the center of the circle. Any hints on how this is best done? Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- I'm not sure if CDC has any line caps. In the past I used GDI+ to draw arrows and different kind of line caps. IMHO, the default line caps don't scale very well, so ...

count between dates help (NETWORKDAYS)
Hello big brains I am trying to find the days and hours between 2 dates 2 columns of dates formated in M/D/YYYY hh:mm 4/23/2004 15:53 and 4/27/2004 10:43 I don't want to count weekends so I used NETWORKDAYS which works to a degree.. giving me 3 (which is days) but it's ignoring the time. I need it to be specific and have it show days and hours difference. I am suprised that it is ignoring it. Unfortunately I am kind of stuck with the dat being in this format. Any help would be appreciated. thanks Maybe this can give you some ideas http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.ht...

Copying junk senders list
Hi, In Outlook 2000 and 98, how do you copy a junk senders lists to put on another client account? Thanks ...

Function help needed urgently!!! #2
Hi anyone who can help... I have two sets of figures 1 is sales and 1 is target. Eg: Sales Target Incentive 5 5 In the Incentive column I want a formula that will calculate the Incentive payment for employees who exceed there target. The easy part is the if statement for example 10% of their sales if they exceed target: =if(sales>target,Sales*10%,0) The complicated part comes in to play when only when they hit multiples of 10 are they entitled to an incentive: If the Sales are 5 and the Target is 5 - no incentive. If the Sales are 10 and the Target is 5 - no incenti...

Non3rd Party: Multiple Taxes (i.e. 2 Diff States)
I posted this a few days ago, and had some great response, however, I am looking for a non 3rd party solution to this issue. Does anyone have any ideas? RMS V1.3flat I am trying to establish two different Item tax structures for two different tax authorities, let's say one for MN and one for ND state. Preface: I am giving this as a real HL example. Assigning taxes on a per customer basis will not work as a solution to this issue. Please do not take it literally that I need to assign per customer based on Billing or Shipping State. Example: MN Tax has: MN State, MN City and MN C...

function pointer help!
I have a callback function void __stdcall CallBackFunc(int, int,double); And I need to have a pointer to it. void (*CallBack)(int,int,double); but the assignment doesn't work... CallBack = CallBackFunc; What am I doing wrong? Thanks as usual! Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- Try this instead void (_stdcall *CallBack)(int,int,double); AliR. "Ron H." <rnh@mmm.com> wrote in message news:4739f338$0$7517$8d2e0cab@news.newsgroup-binaries.co...

Combobox Help needed
Hello, I have been trying to populate a Combobox with a filter set to what is being typed in the combo's edit control. If I type in "C" it selects the first 40 "C" then I would like to type in "u" clear the listbox portion and put in the first 40 "Cu" etc.. I would need to clear only the combo's edit box but unfortunately ResetContent()also clears the edit box. It gets the first 40 "C" but then the edit box is cleared. I have also tried using DeleteString. void CCustView::OnEditupdateCombo1() { UpdateData(); if (i>0) { m_CbCust....

Tick boxs on a packing list
I am creating a report that shows products along with a subform showing optional extras for each product. On the subform i have drawn a box so it gives me the options when printed and packing the order to tick them off as boxed. This work fine when i have optional extra but when i have no optional extras in the subform i just end up with a box on the screen which i do not want. How do i set it up so it does not have box when i have no optinal extra So long as there is nothing else in that same horizontal space, you can turn on the CanShrink property and it will disappear when empty. HTH --...

Mail Flow
We are using a smarthost to route our emails through another outing group. The problem is the emails are not routing through the routing group anymore they are going out through to the intended servers. We are on Windows Server 2003 and running exchange 2003 cluster. Any help will help. Not sure what you mean...can you give a clearer picture of your topology, and what you are trying to accomplish? "AJ" <ajohnso9@jcpenney.com> wrote in message news:O5FDFFfOFHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > We are using a smarthost to route our emails through another outing group....

PLEASE HELP!!!!! MAcro Emergency
maybe now someone will help me?? noone has responded to my last 2 post so I am trying to figure it out myself, am trying to build a macro an need to select RELATIVE REFERENCE before I record it, that "sto recording" toolbar was there the first time i tried to record the macr with the button to select relative reference but now every time i try t record the macro that toolbar isnt there anymore and the macro wont wor unless i can first select relative reference, please help before i tak the sledge to this computer PLEASE!! -- RalphS -------------------------------------------------...

Help required on working with date
Hi I have dates in a column in dd-mmm-yy format, like 29-Mar-04 15-Apr-04 13-May-04 I want to put in the column adjecent to this date column the date starting with 1st day of each month like - 01-Mar-04 01-Apr-04 01-May-04 How can this be done by use of formula? I tried but do not get any clue to go futher. -Shanks Hi try =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Shanks wrote: > Hi > > I have dates in a column in dd-mmm-yy format, like > > 29-Mar-04 > 15-Apr-04 > 13-May-04 > > I want to put in the column adjecent to this da...

A simple question..help!!!
Ok, i'm trying to e-mail with Outlook....now can someone please tell me what the heck happened to the SEND button???? I have searched and searched for it. Where is it?? Please anyone help me out here. Thanks. Amy Hi Amy, which Outlook are you using? 2000?2003?XP? Did you create first of all an email account? Without email account outlook won't show a send button, I think. Or perhabs it is hidden on the toolbar? Greetings Steffi "fireeyesamy" <fireeyesamy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09522C66-14EA-4EB1-B3EB-151209810942@microsoft.com... > O...

Excel Crash
Multiple users here have this same problem that whenever they open a particular Excel file, it gives them a "Send Report Error." Weird thing about it is it doesnt happen in all their Excel files, only happens to some of them. Also tried opening the very same file/s they are having problems with on my machine and it worked fine. I have patched Office (SP2), updated Acrobat Reader, updated signatures, uninstalled/reinstalled Office, and done all the possible troubleshooting on these machines but still error occurs. Any help appreciated, thanks! Isolate the problem as best yo...

userS list
How is possible to get the list of all users defined on a PC (win XP) ? Thanks -- Alberto if you want to contact me remove NOSPAM. from email address Take a look at the NetUserEnum() & NetUserGetInfo() API's. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Alberto" <a.forlai@nospam.virgilio.it> wrote in message news:eQoyEHgUDHA.1832@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How is possible to get the list of all users defined on a PC (win XP) ? > > Thanks > > -- > Alberto > > if you want to contact me remove NOSPAM. from ema...

VLOOKUP help again please.
I have also finished my workbook. Now I am stumped on another vlookup function. Since some people dont like to download the file I will explain it in words and attach some screenshots. I need to use VLOOKUP and the discount table on the sheet 3 to calculate the relevant discount rate for the discount rate column in sheet 4. I have attempted it as you see in the screenshot, but it returns #NA. I am not sure if this is because my function is wrong or the discount table is set up wrong (I have entered the values such as "21 to 50", and im not sure if excel recognises this means from 2...

list of 08?
Am trying to find a list of what is different between Money 2006 and 2008? Have searched the web, but only find differences in the various version of Money 2008. Anyone know where I can find them? Also, I use 2006, but not as extensively as I plan to do so with 2008 so I am thinking my upgrade if I go that route should be fine, correct? Is there anything I should be warned about prior to upgrading to 08? Right now, I have both 08 and 06 on my machine although even though I started to open 08, I didn't allow it to do any of the conversion or anything like that as of yet. Thought I s...

Compile error
Hi, My below code has a compile error : Expected: list seperator or ) Pls help solve it. Sub Consolidation() 'Copy to the next line in the target file' Dim i As Integer, wb As Workbook Dim first, last As Long 'Open all files in the folder' With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "N:\Tax\FILE1" .SearchSubFolders = False .Filename = "*.xls" .Execute For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count 'Open each workbook Set wb = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=.FoundFiles(i)) 'Identify 1st row...

How do I extract and save a list of email addresses in Outloook?
How do I extract and save a list of email addresses in certain folders in Outlook? I am in a discussion list for chiropractors and I save all the email messages in a folder in Outlook. I want to extract all the various email addresses from other chiropractors and save the list of email addresses in a word document. Thanks. Grady Add the addresses to your Contacts as you get them. Right click on each address and Add to Contacts. Export to an Excel spreadsheet. "Grady" wrote: > How do I extract and save a list of email addresses in certain folders in > Outlook? I a...