E-mail Account - Exchange

I am able to connect to Exchange my exchange 2003 server (on server 2003
standard) using the email account "Microsoft Exchange Server".  To verify
that I am connected I click on "Check name"  and both the server name and
username are underlined.  However once I open Outlook 2003 Outlook is very
slow and doesn't repond very well.  I try to send an e-mail and it sits in
the outbox and messages that are on my exchange server in outlook web access
aren't downloaded.  If I try send/receive Outlook locks up and even sometime
says (not responding).  Outlook eventually in the status bar at the bottom
says send/receive complete but new messages aren't sent or received.  If I
use POP3 I can send/receive just fine but I want to take advantage of the
Exchange server.  When we were using exchange 2003 sp1 it worked and then I
downloaded the most recent security updates and it is now broken.  I still
need to install SP2.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
0
MichaelM (40)

I just looked in the Application Log of Event Viewer and there is an error at
the same time as Outlook was hung.  I am not sure if this is helpful but I am
still trying to track this one down.

source: application Hang
EventID: 1001

Another Error a few seconds earlier shows in the description "Hanging
application OUTLOOK.EXE, version 11.0.6565.0, hang module hungapp, version
0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000."
Category: (101)
Event ID: 1002

"MichaelM" wrote:

> I am able to connect to Exchange my exchange 2003 server (on server 2003
> standard) using the email account "Microsoft Exchange Server".  To verify
> that I am connected I click on "Check name"  and both the server name and
> username are underlined.  However once I open Outlook 2003 Outlook is very
> slow and doesn't repond very well.  I try to send an e-mail and it sits in
> the outbox and messages that are on my exchange server in outlook web access
> aren't downloaded.  If I try send/receive Outlook locks up and even sometime
> says (not responding).  Outlook eventually in the status bar at the bottom
> says send/receive complete but new messages aren't sent or received.  If I
> use POP3 I can send/receive just fine but I want to take advantage of the
> Exchange server.  When we were using exchange 2003 sp1 it worked and then I
> downloaded the most recent security updates and it is now broken.  I still
> need to install SP2.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
0
MichaelM (40)

OWA and Exchange Licence
I've got an Exchange Server Enterprise Edition 2003 in LAN, I want to publish OWA on Exchange Server in DMZ (no mailbox will be there only OWA) is it possible to use the standard 2003 version or I need Enterprise one? You can use the Standard edition as a front-end server. Will http://www.exchange-forums.com "Luigi" <nimh73@online.nospam> wrote in message news:%23ahpurpaFHA.3808@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I've got an Exchange Server Enterprise Edition 2003 in LAN, I want to > publish OWA on Exchange Server in DMZ (no mailbox will be there only > OWA) is i...

Exchange 2000 box freezes and needs reboot DAILY!
Hello, I'm having a problem with my mail server. The box freezes (Move mouse NOTHING hit keyboad NOTHING) and seems to shut it's self down (At the time it hung). Fun Eh? My first thoughts were screen saver settings. The next thing was the video card drivers, changed them and same thing. So tried new vid card to no avail. Changed to PCI vid card still the same effect. Now starting to think it's the motherboard or some combination of settings. Does anyone have any idea of what may be causing my problem? Looking into the event viewer there is nothing extraordinary about the...

Option to Include/Exclude Account in Budget is Inactive
I want to exclude the income in my retirement accounts from being included in the budget planning and being shown as income in monthly reports. However, tn the account details for both accounts, the option to include in the budget planner is "checked" but is grayed out and in-active; thus I can't uncheck it. How to make active to enable to uncheck? ...

I have an all in one . I have scanned successfully but how do I E.
I need to edit a scanned document. What do please? Depending on the software installed on your system, you may be able to use OCR software to edit the text. I personally don't know of any software that will allow you to scan in a document and have a file that is easily "tweakable". Most require a bit of editing afterward. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4197495-6557-4C50-B679-40FB43DB446C@microsoft.com... >I need to edit a scanned document. What do please? --- Outgoing mail i...

Mail Merge with Attachements
Hello, I am currently trying to utilize the attached process to create a mail merge out of MS word with attachments. http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm I was able to finally get past the Outlook Object Library problem discussed here and the macro asks me for the table with e-mails and attachments, however, I do not receive an email warning message and after a few seconds the screens comes up with a text box that states: Microsfot Word 0 Messages have been sent. On the Directory (titled dir1) I have a table with three rows and two columns Column one:...

Updating Bank of America account.
Good morning! I have two BoA accounts (WA) that I synch with MS Money. The synch is failing this morning, and when I hit the BoA site, they have completed updated/changed logon proceedure now with sitekeys, new user ID, etc etc. How do I update MS Money to reflect this change? I *REALLY* hope that it isnt remove the existing BoA account and add it back.. assuming Money will understand or deal with the new logon proceedures. Anyone else seeing this or know how to update the logon proceedures? I've run into this, among other things, since the prolonged 'maintenance' downti...

No e-mail entry under MY Work
No e-mail entry under MY Work Solved the problem. For some reason some of my Sales users were set for Service. Changed from Service to Sales in the Workspace Options. "Yoram" wrote: > No e-mail entry under MY Work ...

Fixed Asset Account Distributions
Hello: When you first save an asset without having the Auto Add Book Info box checked, you have to click "Save" in the asset's book window in order to see the account distributions. Does that mean that you have to do hit the Save button not just to see the account distributions but to have those accounts posted to as well? What I'm getting at concerns the importing of new assets through the Import/Export Tool. You have to have the Auto Add Book info box unchecked before importing. So, does this Save button in the Book window have to be clicked subsequently after im...

Attaching photos to e-mail
Trying to attach photos to a new message but after hitting "attach" the photos don't seem to be anywhere on any drive - though if I open the Digital camer software Camedia (I think) the photos display?? The properties of the photo give the path My Albums/####/####.jpg Ta ...

exchange 5.5 enterprise edition reports 16 gig limit!
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - we installed the enterprise edition, have several x400 connectors, a lotus notes connector and an IMS. Recently the store has been stopping, saying out of disk space, could not copy to a file, and a few other errors that did not make sense. So, I started digging around and found the entry that the information store had a 16 gig limit! This is only on the standard edition, and I can't find out why it's reporting that. This was a brand new install, on a brand new server, so I know nothing wacky was done - but why am I getting this event in the event log! If it was...

Undeleting the mails from outlook express
What are the ways to undelete a message from Outlook express if it has deleted from delete folder also. Reply same here or thomas_jiji@rediffmail.com Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -S...

one key adding email account to Blocked sender list
Hi, Can any one tell me how to set an email account to the "Blocked Senders List" with a hot key rather then the right mouse-junk mail-add sender to blocked process? I don't want to do a lot of 'mousing-around', just set the msg sender onto the block sender list quickly and move on. Thanks, Hal ...

E-mail ID generation issue
"I created a few new mailboxes, but when I look at the users properties in Active Directory Users and Computers, nothing is listed on the Email Address Tab. I also manually updated the RUS in the Exchange Suystem manager. It is more than 6 hours since the IDs are created, but still the e-mail field in the AD property is empty. The environment is Exchange 2003 in AD 2000 native mode. Can someone help me pls? Anything in your app event logs, such as msexchangeal 8331 errors? See KB 837444 if so. SP1 fixes this but there's also a hotfix you can get (free) if you call MS. VS wrot...

EXCHANGE 2007 MESSAGE SIZE LIMIT
Hello. I am running an environment with Exchange 2003 and 2007. Our message size limits are 50MB and have worked fine until 2007 was installed. Now, any users on the 2003 box have only a 10MB limit, even though it says 50MB in System Manager. I have also set the parameter on the command line on the Exchange 2007 server, but no dice. Users on the 2007 server work fine. I'm stuck ... any ideas? Have you checked message size limits on the Connector? Are you using an Edge server as well? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---...

Exchange SMTP Relay Export list ipsec.vbs
Is there a way for me to export the results of the echo to a text file? I am running the following command which works to show us who is allowed to send email through our Exchange Server. ipsec.vbs -s NAMEOFSERVER -o e -r relay -d DCNAME I tried to use this: ipsec.vbs -s NAMEOFSERVER -o e -r relay -d DCNAME >RelayList.txt and the file is created but it is empty. Any help is greatly appreciated. Kevin Have you tried running cscript /nologo ipsec.vbs -s NAMEOFSERVER -o e -r relay -d DCNAME Otherwise you will have to look at the VBSCRIPT and add some code to output the results to tex...

collapse a specific mail folder from a macro in Outlook 2007
Hi, My Outlook 2007 archives emails to a "archivel" folder tree structure that is parallel to my mailbox folders. I've written a macro that switches between a folder and its archive (see below) As a safety measure, I want the "archivel" folder collapsed altogether when I switch back to the non-archive folder, so that I don't confuse its folders with the normal ones - any Idea how I do this? Thanx in advance. ---------------------------------- Sub SwitchBetweenCurrentFolderAndItsArchive() Dim names As Collection Set names = New Collection Dim cf As Folder Set cf =...

Installing Exchange Connector on Clustered Exchange server??
Is installing the connector on a clustered exchange server supported? The specific installation instructions for the connector will not work on a cluster because the SMTP service is a clustered service. Has anyone done this? Do we need to install another (non-clustered) Exchange box just for the connector? (Note: we really only need CRM outgoing mail. I don't believe we will be filtering all incoming or internal messages into CRM) Thanks! Not getting much response, so let me ask slightly differently... Has anyone ever TRIED installing the Exchange Connector on an Exchange Cluste...

Windows 7 mail
I recently loaded Windows 7. Basically I like it. However, the email program sucks. I read in a blog that "Windows Live Mail" was implemented with the advertising because "the servers most go to had advertising also". I disagree!!!! The servers may have advertising but Outlook/outlook Express did not, thus the reason I used OE. I have a computer training service and I have always installed Outlook Express on my clients machines when setting up their email, due to the fact they didn't want the ads all over the screen. NOW THIS IS NOT EVEN A OPTION. ...

Set outlook the same with both accounts
I have an admin account and a guest account, but I want them to use the same mail account. I set up the admin account by setting the form name, address, pop3 server and smtp, name p-word. So when I log in with the admin account, it gets my mail for me. But I tried this exact thing with the guest account and it dosn't work, nothing happens. I want it so you start outlook for both, and it gets the mail. Why is the guest account not working? Does any one know? >-----Original Message----- >I have an admin account and a guest account, but I want >them to use the same mail acc...

Not receiving e-mails
I have just started having problems with my e-mail. It will connect, receives and shows number of e-mails, but there is nothing in inbox. Need help to fix if possible. Do you have a filtered view set on your Inbox? Check View | Current View -- what does it show? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:290d01c4281c$330fb800$a301280a@phx.gbl, Taylor wrote: > I have just started having problems with my e-mail. It > will connect, receives and show...

check external email accounts
How do I check external email accounts with Outlook on sbs2003? You will need a POP client such as Outlook Express or Outlook 2002 and above can provide this function for additional accounts. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Diana" <diana@ezstore.com> wrote in message news:017101c3d6ed$2a5ce4b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I check external email accounts with Outlook on > sbs2003? ...

MS Money Mortgage Account
I currently running MSM03. I have a mortgage account set up for the monthly payments. I set the account up based upon the amount of loan, monthly payment, rate and escrow details. When I pay the mortgage from my checking account, it automatically calculates the principal and interest per the orignal set up. Recently the calculated values are incorrect. For instance this month, an 1,800.00 payment should have calculated the payment to be ~801 (P) and ~789 (I), plus fixed excrow. It instead calculates tne principal as ~1,500.00 splits the fixed escrow and then calculates the interest as wh...

Exchange upgrade and site consolidation GAL.
We are currently migrating to Exchange 2003 from 5.5 and consolidatin sites as well. We have successfully consolidated one of our sites int the new 2003 environment and we have all of the ADC's set up for th remainder of the sites. Replication is happening and mail is flowin fine. The problem is that the people still on 5.5 can not see the people wh have moved to 2003 in the GAL. Any one have an Idea? - CDShrev - CDShrev ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co -------------------------------------------------...

IMAP address on exchange sever

Exchange 2k3/OWA html Wierdness
I just upgraded to Exchange 2k3, now when I generate messages in OWA all of the html code is displayed. This only seems to happen when I originate messages outside of the domain. Any ideas? TIA Ken Sadler <ksadler_no@spam_dstincorporated.com> wrote: >I just upgraded to Exchange 2k3, now when I generate messages in OWA >all of the html code is displayed. This only seems to happen when I >originate messages outside of the domain. Any ideas? have you configured outlook to display html messages a 'plain text'? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange ...