Duplicate Emails from one user to another

Hey,

Ive got a weird one on my hands and can't figure out whats going on... We
had a new employee start the other week, so I set him up a login, and an
email address, setup the same as everyone else in the company, and everything
seemed all hunky dory.  Then one of our original employees starts telling me
that he is recieveing duplicate emails from the new user.  No one else
recieves duplicates, and the only messages that do duplicate are from the new
user (like, none of our emails duplicate to him).  Ive checked his message
rules (in case he's done something dumb like copy the message twice on
receive), double-checked the setup of the new user and checked the event logs
on the Exchange server - nada.  All mint.

Any ideas?  It's not massively urgent, but it'd be nice to sort :-)

Cheers,
Jeff

Are the message ids the same? See if message tracking shows anything.

James Chong (MVP)

On Apr 16, 6:08 pm, thatotherguy
<thatother...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Ive got a weird one on my hands and can't figure out whats going on... We
> had a new employee start the other week, so I set him up a login, and an
> email address, setup the same as everyone else in the company, and everything
> seemed all hunky dory.  Then one of our original employees starts telling me
> that he is recieveing duplicate emails from the new user.  No one else
> recieves duplicates, and the only messages that do duplicate are from the new
> user (like, none of our emails duplicate to him).  Ive checked his message
> rules (in case he's done something dumb like copy the message twice on
> receive), double-checked the setup of the new user and checked the event logs
> on the Exchange server - nada.  All mint.
>
> Any ideas?  It's not massively urgent, but it'd be nice to sort :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Jeff

0
jamestechman (1266)
4/16/2007 11:33:16 PM
Yeah, the Message ID's are exactly the same as well - I checked that thinking
it might have been a conenection issue, and the server retrying to send the
message, but nah, the ID's are identical (as are the date/time stamps, but I
guess that goes without saying)....

"Jamestechman" wrote:

> Are the message ids the same? See if message tracking shows anything.
>

> James Chong (MVP)
>
> On Apr 16, 6:08 pm, thatotherguy
> <thatother...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > Ive got a weird one on my hands and can't figure out whats going on... We
> > had a new employee start the other week, so I set him up a login, and an
> > email address, setup the same as everyone else in the company, and everything
> > seemed all hunky dory.  Then one of our original employees starts telling me
> > that he is recieveing duplicate emails from the new user.  No one else
> > recieves duplicates, and the only messages that do duplicate are from the new
> > user (like, none of our emails duplicate to him).  Ive checked his message
> > rules (in case he's done something dumb like copy the message twice on
> > receive), double-checked the setup of the new user and checked the event logs
> > on the Exchange server - nada.  All mint.
> >
> > Any ideas?  It's not massively urgent, but it'd be nice to sort :-)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jeff

How do i stop an email being marked as read when i click 'Print'?
Hi There, Whenever i click on an new email (not double click) and click the print icon, it prints a copy of the email but it also marks that email as read, which is what i dont want. I know about the Reading Pane options but the option there is not option for this there. Is there a way for emails not to be marked as read once you print them? Kind regards Liz No, that is not possible with the built-in printing function of Outlook. A printing add-in might show different behavior though. You might want to try their trial first. See; http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/printi...

users have access to all mailboxes
After recently updating server current patches, no Exchange updates, users access to all mailboxes. The restriction is still in place for admins, (if you are a member if both the Exchange Domain serves and one of the Admin groups, you will not have access to the other mailboxes) Operating system, Win2K SP4, Exchange 2K Enterprise SP3. "Don" wrote: > After recently updating server current patches, no Exchange updates, users > access to all mailboxes. The restriction is still in place for admins, (if > you are a member if both the Exchange Domain serves and one of the ...

Recurring Appointments Set by Deleted Users
Hello.. I'm terribly new to Exchange. *red flag!* *red flag!* We have a recurring appointment that we need to add users to, however, we cannot change the appointment because the user that organized it was deleted long ago. How can we go about changing these appointments? Thanks in advance! Re-create it. On 30 Dec 2004 10:35:48 -0800, "Basic" <cbromley@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello.. > >I'm terribly new to Exchange. *red flag!* *red flag!* We have a >recurring appointment that we need to add users to, however, we cannot >change the appointment becau...

Activity report
I'm trying to write a report showing completed activities for users and another for accounts (clients). Boy, is it ugly! In version 1.2, with Crystal Reports, the HTML emails looked just fine -- it would format the HTML with no problem. How do I get the same result with SSRS? (version 2000) Thanks, Karla you mean you are trying to report on the contents of an email activity? If so this cannot be done without some custom solution, its also logged as a bug. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP Web - http://www.crowecrm.com Blog - http://www.crowe...

CRM Email Router #3
Hello, I configured a Workflow in CRM. The workflow is simply a rule where it sends an email everytime a new CRM order is created. I created this work flow from the CRM server using a CRM administrator profile. It does work, but the email notification is not consistent. I realized that it works whenever I have my Outlook client open on the CRM server. If the Outlook client is off, the email notification does not work. How can I get my email notification to work if my Outlook client is closed or if the server is logged off? I do have the email router installed, but not sure how to conf...

End-User License agreement 02-23-10
I had the same question about how to block the pop-up each time I use an office program, but see that there is no way to fix it. Is this problem just with reinstalling office 2003 on a new computer, or is this a "new feature" Microsoft has added to all Office programs? If this is true on Office 2007 and 2010, it seems like another good reason to switch to Apple. -- Husker Bob You don't "block the pop-up", you simply Agree to the EULA with administror permissions. BTW this has been in effect since about 2001. Husker Bob wrote: > I had t...

Administrator email account sending external msgs???
My Server Usage Report indicates that the Administrator account has sent 1820 External emails (only 16 internal ones). I'm perplexed since I have NOT used this account to send any external emails. I verified I don't have an open relay, so how is this possible? Paul wrote: > My Server Usage Report indicates that the Administrator > account has sent 1820 External emails (only 16 internal > ones). I'm perplexed since I have NOT used this account to > send any external emails. I verified I don't have an open > relay, so how is this possible? Probably bou...

Exposing Creating User's team membership
Hi, Can anyone demonstrate (or point me in the right direction) the following:- We have a number of sites, and a number of teams which map directly to the sites and have the same name as the site (eg siteA has a corresponding team called siteA). When in an opportunity, I would like to obtain the value of the creating user's team, and use this to set a value in another picklist. I am having trouble retrieving the team membership of the user that created the opportunity. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I am not even sure where to start looking at this. Thanks Fentp Hi Fen...

How to set Recipient Limits option under Message Delivery for certain users
Dear All, Quick Question: under Global Settings --> Message Delivery , under the properites of Message Delivery there is an option called "Recipient Limits" which will limit the number of recipients per single email, the defaul number is 5000 recipient per single email. now, if i applied this settings and i mentioned 30 recipients, these settings will be applied to all the users under my exchange server, becasue it is under the Global Settings of Exchange. Now, how can i exclude some VIP users from such settings ? i don't want this Global Settings for recipient limits...

Email restriction
A few days ago I asked if Icould restrict certain people from sending to our everyone email account and I was advised how to do this in the Exchange General tab. My question today is: Is there a way to allow our authenticated users and those authenticated users of another domain in our forest, ONLY? Kathy If you allow only authenticated users to send/receive mail between domains .... will this not stop emails coming in from the internet???????? Normally setting to receive mail from authenticated users only is a best practise for Distribution Lists. "Kathy" wrote: ...

Sending emailes from Access
Once i week i would like an easy way from access to send out a a email to some customer that query will find. Whats the eaasyest wasy to send a email to about 20- 30 people, the email will be the same to every one, I know i could go throught outlook and do a mail merge but is there a way i can just have a button on a access form that will automatical send out an email to lots of people Thanks very much Any help would be great Best Regards Simon Dickson Poke around the Access EMail FAQ that Tony Toews has at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm. There's likely something there...

How can I Enable a Check Box based on another fields value?
Hi There, I have a form with a disabled check box. I need to enable it when a certain value ("approved") is selected from a combo box. When I am in Form Design View and I have the Check Box selected the Conditional Formatting menu item on the Format menu is greyed out. I am using Access 2003. Can you tell me what I need to do to make this work? Many thanks, David As you've discovered, Conditional Formatting isn't availabe to checkboxes. Try this: Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.YourComboBox = "Approved" Then YourCheckBox.Enabled = True Else YourChe...

Email to Quote not working...
Here are the steps we have taken to make email - to - queue work, yet is has not: 1) created a new user in AD which will be the public email for our users, namely: AALSupport@CRM.local 2) Ensured an email box was created for this new acct. 3) Created a 3rd Acct which will be the forwarded to acct: CRMMBX@CRM.local 4) Configured properties to include the mailbox rights for SELF were a) Read b) Full Mailbox Access c) Associated Ext. Acct. 5) Added the two new users to the CRM. 6) Ran the Rule Deployment Wizard and typed in "CRMMBX@CRM.local" in the box. ...

Ol 2000 email settings
If I configured my outlook 2000 using co-operate or workgroup mail service, with 1 exchange mail account and 2 pop email account from external email service ( like attglobal email etc ). Am I allow to select from which email account I can send from? how to if is yes? Thanks for advice. OL2000 ...

How can I forward an email as attachment in 2003
Hi Could anybody please tell me how to send emails as attachments in Outlook 2003? Thank you, Paul -- Paulobrien29 Make a new email and then use Insert Item to insert the email you want to send. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Paulobrien29" <Paulobrien29.4b477ff@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:Paulobrien29.4b477ff@outlookbanter.com... > > Hi > > Could anybody please tell m...

Entourage Email replies appearing at bottom of recipients email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When I reply to someone they only see my signature at the top, the content of my email is at the bottom of their original email and have to scroll down to read my message. I would prefer that they could see my message and signature together at the top of the email when they open it. (is that decipherable) On 3/9/10 5:58 PM, natstar@officeformac.com wrote: > When I reply to someone they only see my signature at the top, the > content of my email is at the bottom of their original emai...

one page in booklet format
How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? duff wrote: > How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then > pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? File > Print > Pages 1 to 1 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. Flip pages. File > Print > Pages 2 to 2 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

emailing spreadsheet within excel
I have a user that has sent her spreadsheet as an attachment using the Send To Function. We use Outlook. Now, it seems as if the Send To option has lost its settings and is now trying to set up an Internet account instead of using the Microsoft Exchange Settings. Anyone know how to reset the Send To settings in Excel? Thanks! ...

MS02-011: Authentication Flaw Could Allow Unauthorized Users To Authenticate To SMTP Service
Hello All ! I have problem - when I scan port 25 on our Exchange 5.5 with special XSpider 7.0 port scanner, this program recommend me visit following URL: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-011.mspx for delete potential SMTP open relay. After patch downloading and succsessful installing I scan port 25 again and... scanner show me this recommendation again... What wrong?.. How I can eliminate this problem on Exchange 5.5 Help please! Our Exchange 5.5 (with IMC) run on Windows NT 4.0 SP6. Regards, Benjamin. ...

Passing Values from One Form to Another Including a Combo Box
Hi, hope someone can help with passing two values from one form to another by way of a command button. I have spent a week on various code taken from this site, but still no luck. Please ... someone help!! The form I am passing values from is called PATIENT HISTORY-Form. On this form, I need to pass a date from a field called DateSFESigned and I also need to pass information collected from a Combo box, Combo91. The command button is called Command119. The form that the values are being passed to is called Personal Habits- Form. Thank you in advance for any help on this matter. Maurita ...

time/date stamp on email
i used microsoft outlook for email. i sent an email to another outlook user and i wanted to find out if he's read it or not. is there any way to view the time/date that the person reads the email ? if you requested a read receipt and if the recipient uses a program that is capable of replying, yes. otherwise, no. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchang...

Copy Distribution List from One Computer to Another
Hi Folks - I have seen various methods for accomplishing this, but none seem to help me. Our company uses Outlook 2003 in a NON Exchange Server environment. I have seen a method for copying distribution lists within a Exchange server environment, but it does not work in our environment. Any ideas? Thanks. Michael Michael <info@homekeyinc.com> wrote: > Hi Folks - I have seen various methods for accomplishing this, but > none seem to help me. Our company uses Outlook 2003 in a NON Exchange > Server environment. I have seen a method for copying distribution > lists with...

Permisisonon one mailuse since Recovery of MAilserver
My Server Chrashed, Rebuild the server and now one user gets the folowing message. "You don't have appropiate permission to perform this operation." This happens when Send & receive is used. The other problemis that I keep ongetting the message that The Excnhage server is in Recovery mode when clients connect. Not all of them just a few users. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank Japie ...

How do I check my email on another computer?
"LalaBobo" <LalaBobo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EADEB55F-1548-4A75-92FF-5D119532C946@microsoft.com... Go to it? <g> -- John Blessing http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software priced to suit all businesses http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment bookings for your meeting/class over the web. http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace, send newsletters Is it ISP mail (your ISP will have details) or a web based service like Yahoo or Hotmail? -- Mike Hall MS-MVP Windows ...

Extracting data from one sheet to another
I have a speadsheet with 390 rows and 80 columns. For each column, I wish to copy a range of cells and place them in rows so I can create a separate table for each item represented by the column. For instance, I would like to take the data from the range B10:B15 and place that into a range A1:E1, and then data from range C10:C15 and place into a range G1:K1, D10:D15 into I1:M1 and then B16:B21 into A2:E2, C16:C21 into G2:K2, etc, etc, etc I could do this manually, but it could take a while. I was wondering if there was an easier way to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...