Domain Controller Security Policy - Failed to open

Hello

I was trying to open both "Domain Controller Security
Policy" and "Domain Security Policy", I have the error:

"Failed to open the group policy object, you may not have
appropriate rights" and in detail section "the parameter
is incorrect"

I log on as administrator so don't think if it has
anything to do with permission and right

Thanks everyone
TT

0
anonymous (74722)

Opening additional mailbox
I have an Exchange 2003 server, and my clients are all running Outlook 2003. A supervisor has requested access to a suboordinates e-mail box, so I added her (supervisor) with rights to that mailbox, and now inside of Outlook I can specify it to open the additional mailbox. The thing is, it is diplayed as so "Mailbox - User Name", and because these people work in an open workgroup type environment this box may be visible to people that look at her desktop. Can that be renamed? Named to display something else, or am I going about this all wrong. You cannot do that through Outlook...

Opening File using default viewer
Hello, how would I go about opening a file using the default viewer, so for example, if the file is a txt file, then notepad would open it. Or if it is an XML file, then maybe firefox woulld open it. I was hoping to use a CButton and if the user clicks on it, then it would grab the path specified and open the file with the corresponding viewer. thanks. Jon wrote: > Hello, how would I go about opening a file using the default viewer, so > for example, if the file is a txt file, then notepad would open it. Or > if it is an XML file, then maybe firefox woulld open it. > > ...

failure of Open XML 1.1.4 to work
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Previous versions of this worked fine. This version comes up with comment "not enough memory". As I have 2mg Ram this seems strange. Any help appreciated. I'm afraid you haven't provided sufficient information for anyone to go on, especially since that message quite often has nothing to do with memory. For any questions of a technical or performance nature it's important that you specify your current update level of OS X as well as for Office. Exactly when does this messag...

Control "Reply to all" for dl's.
We have a global distribution list that only one user will have access to. How do we stop someone from replying to all when they receive a message from that dl? thanks On Thu, 12 May 2005 12:36:06 -0700, "MJKQB" <MJKQB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a global distribution list that only one user will have access to. >How do we stop someone from replying to all when they receive a message from >that dl? > >thanks Exchange General tab/ Message Restrictions and add the users who can send to that DL. ...

UAC prompt when opening Windows Live Mail
Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to tell it that it is ok for WLM to open so that I don't have to keep clicking on it? Have you toggled on the option for the WLM shortcut(properties/advanced tab) to 'Run as Administrator' in Vista or Windows 7 ? If so, uncheck it. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "myschnucki" <myschnucki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1499C644-21AF-4231-A50E-1C0D885A676E@microsoft.com... > Why does this pop up each time I open Windows Live Mail? Is there someway to >...

Can see form in design view but not in open or layout view
I have set up the tables, relationships and forms. When I first created the form I was able to view when clicking open. I made a couple of changes and now when I click on open a box pops up to enter perimeter value. Also, I can no longer see the form in opne or layout but if I click for design view, I can see my form and all the tabs. There is either something missing or somthing is named incorrectly. Had a similar problem recently where a new version was installed in the front end, but the table in the back end had not been updated properly (a new field) and the new version of the...

Multiple Domain e-mail addresses
We are running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise addition and I am having a bit of a "brain-freeze" at the moment... Where in the Exchange Admin do I configure the server to accept e-mail from more than one domain. For example, we currently accept e-mail from mycurrentdomain.ca and would also like to accept email from mycurrentdomain.com. Please note that I have updated all of our DNS MX records as required, just need to make the changes on the Exchange server. Thanks in advance... Recipient polices-email address policy. "Raymond Spitzingle" <ray(nospam)@stuff...

Select Securities in Portfolio View
In the Portfolio View options (Customize Current View), there is a tab to select Security Type. Then there is a list of security types to choose from. For some reason, I only have two options: I can choose "Select All", or I can pick only one security type. There doesn't seem to be a way to do multiple-select. Is that right...it's either all or one? i'm trying to select everything except for cash. ...

RE: Use that security update
--dedtgpho Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yzkfzsfqtv"; type="multipart/alternative" --yzkfzsfqtv Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qeviqcxczwaquy" --qeviqcxczwaquy Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to hel...

Failed CRM for Outlook Install
I am trying to install CRM for Outlook on a computer but it kleeps failing with the following error: "Setup has failed because of an error. Setup was unable to install the .msi file for Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook" The user has Administative rights to the system, she has an account in CRM and a license. This is very frustrating since I have to clean up the registry every time I reinstall since it crashes before putting anything in the add remove control panel. Any ideas? -- Francois Try to uninstall MSDE and make sure you have all the databases removed. The default in...

Outlook/Access 2003
I've been doing a lot of research and purchased (but haven't completely read) Sue Mosher's book. However, before I spend much more time I'd like to find out if my idea is even feasible. The basic idea is to create an appointment system for multiple therapists that can be used by a receptionist and other staff. Using Outlook and Exchange is very nice but the appointment data needs to end up in an Access table immediately. We can purchase SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 or we can buy a third party tool for calendar sharing whichever would be the easiest to use. I currently...

GP 6.0 Security
Hi! I am setting User Classes in GP 6.0 and am interested if there's any document showing relations between windows, reports, files. Information in Tools/Resource Decriptions doesn't look usefull. For example if I need to enable Trial Balance Report option for the user, which Windows, Reports and Files have to be included in order for the report to print correctly without 'not privileged' errors. What should be better approach: disable everything and add wanted options or enable everything than disable just screens that I don't want users to see. Latter looks easi...

Exchange fails to send CRM emails
When I try to send emails using the CRM 3.0 web interface "most" of them fail to be sent. If I copy that exact same and email and send it to the same address using outlook 2003 it sends with no problem. Exchange 2003 will send me an email, a day later that is is delayed and then finally another day later that it failed. I have turned off the email tracking in CRM and this did not help. I thought the numbers CRM puts in the subject may have been causing it to be blocked. What could be causing the emails to fail when sent using CRM and the exact same email to work with Outlook...

dmLog: IsCRMSysAdmin: WhoAmI failed
We are having severe problems with CRM. We did some unrelated maintenance work this past weekend, and when we brought the CRM server up, it was not working. As near as I can tell, CRM is completely unable to launch when the server reboots. In the error log, I keep seeing the following error every time we reboot the machine: dmLog: IsCRMSysAdmin: WhoAmI failed When someone tries to access CRM, the following error appears in the log: MSCRM Platform Error Report: There is no such object on this server. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Paul McBride Hi, There could be many reaso...

active X control
I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. Does anyone know how to link/sync it to a bound control; i.e., when a user chooses a date control, the calandar appears, and when a date is selected it populates into the requisite field. alex Try this: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/XCalendar2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1182963470.109302.283780@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. > Does anyo...

increment through controls on form
I have a form that I've name the controls on it in such a way that I could determine through open args if it should be locked or not. Example any text box that begins with txtd would be unlocked with open args of 1. I was hoping there was a way I could just move through the controls in a loop and set that property with one function.....I'm not for sure how to accomplish this though. Does anyone have some sample code on how to "loop" through all the controls on a form and set the locked property? I can write the criteria portion if I could get a sample of how to ...

IE8 'View Source' opens minimised
Suddenly, after no previous problems, when I open 'Page / View Source' in IE8 it flashes on screen then minimises immediately to the Taskbar. It can be viewed when maximised ok. It can be resized and I have then tried closing whilst holding down Ctrl. It only happens to 'View Source' not any other window. I am perplexed? Hi Bob, It is probably hidden from view behind the IE Window. Just move the IE Window down your screen to see the View Source window behind it. I have noticed the same issue since the last IE security update (last night my time)... It is a...

Security tasks necessary to post from Sales >Receivables Batch scr
I created a new role and assigned task trx-sales-022, enter/edit receipts batches. Description of task says it doesn't include posting. When I click on post on the Receivables Batch screen I get message that I don't have security to the window that is trying to open. I assume it is one of the posting journals. What tasks do I have to assign to the new role so that I can post receivables batches? This could be a really tricky question to answer depending on whether you wish to use the default tasks that are set up, or if you need to modify to make your security more specific...

recently opened files in the Open section of the Task Pane
Hi, In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open section of the Task Pane? -- Thanks, Jeffrey On Feb 28, 12:42 am, "Jeff Hopkins" <atomic58"NOSPAM"@sc.rr.com> wrote: > Hi, > > In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open > section of the Task Pane? > This is a same list as Recently used files list under File menu. Go to Tools -> Options, and under General tab remove checkmark at Recently used file list. You must restat excel after this to change take effect. -- Regard...

Unable to delete the Dead Domain controller
Dear, Iam working on windows server 2008 Ent Ed I have two doman controllers in the domain both are GC but only one domain controller has all the fsmo roles but iam having replicattion problems with the dead DC (i.e mppkw-database) and Iam unable to delete or remove the dead domain controller from the domain and iam having follwing problems using the ntdsutil :- matadata cleanup select operation target: list domains Found 1 domain(s) 0 - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com select operation target: select domain 0 No current site Domain - DC=mediaphoneplus,DC=com No current server N...

Exchange error
Hello, for one week now, my exchange 2000 server crashes nearly every night at random time, the only solution to have it all restart is to restart the entire server. In the application log, multiple error events are reported like these : Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 26/07/2005 Time: 01:27:39 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: BELLINI Description: Windows cannot establish a connection to *domain name* with (1364). Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 26/07/2005 Time: 01:37:41 User: ...

More control over taxation
I would like to be able to exempt items for different levels of taxation while still using "tax by customer." Rather than taxable or non-taxable, I need to be able to exempt from federal and state separately. Thanks, dan@endurosport.com ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree...

IDN/ACE domains
Hello, Does anyone know if it's possible to have ACE/IDN domains in Exchange 2003 ? I want to have a domainname with norwegian characters in exchange but I doesn't allow me to type norwegian characters in the email-tab in active directory users and computers. Any ideas anyone ? Third party plugin ? Kindest regards, Rikard Strand ...

out side domains
I can not send emails to persons that do not use the same domain ISP. I recieve this message when i try to our message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 18/04/2004 8:43 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: someone@somewhere.com.au on 18/04/2004 8:44 PM 550 5.7.1 <someone@somewhere.com.au>... Relaying denied. IP name possibly forged [203.134.100.118] Has anyone got any ideas Thanks Brad .. Have you set your server settings to authenticate before sending? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post...

open Outlook 2000 .ost file in outlook 2000
Does anyone know how to open a .ost file that was created and saved from a different account? Yes - see www.exchangerecovery.com paddy wrote: > Does anyone know how to open a .ost file that was created > and saved from a different account? ...