Domain Admin access to Mailboxes

Is there a way that members of the Domain/Enterprise
Admins group can be restricted from not only accessing
other users' mailbox folders, but also from being able to
grant themselves access to those folders?

Thanks!

-db
0
anonymous (74722)

No. Admins can do pretty much anything they want. Enable auditing, don't let
anyone have the default domain admin password, give each admin their own
regular user account for everyday use, and an admin-equivalent account for
occasions where it's needed. Force complex passwords and regular password
changes. And, of course, hire only admins you trust.

Dave B. wrote:
> Is there a way that members of the Domain/Enterprise
> Admins group can be restricted from not only accessing
> other users' mailbox folders, but also from being able to
> grant themselves access to those folders?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -db

0
lanwench (7567)
1/29/2004 5:48:50 PM
"Dave B." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there a way that members of the Domain/Enterprise
>Admins group can be restricted from not only accessing
>other users' mailbox folders, but also from being able to
>grant themselves access to those folders?
>
>Thanks!
>
>-db

If you've got that kind of concerns then you really want to be
auditing the mailbox access rather than trying to prevent access to
this level of user in the first place. Your domain and enterprise
admins are supposed to be trustworthy.
"Trust but Verify" as I beleive is attributed to Ronnie Reagan

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5666)

Intermittent fault when using outlook web access
This fault is intermittent and occures when we try and access our e-mails across the internet using the outlook web access. Most of the time there is no problem, then another time we cannot gain access to the exchange server. The most recent happened today. Everything was fine yesterday, we restarted the server where we tried dialing in from this morning and now we cannot access E-mail. All the exchange services are running on both servers. Any ideas? Try posting to an Exchange group as Outlook Web Access is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. microsoft.public.exchange.admin i...

Parameter query in Access 2003 report
I want to create a parameter query that asks the user to select one, many, or all values from a field when opening a report. I would like the selection to be available from a list, radio box, or pull down menu to minimize spelling errors, etc. Unfortunately the list is of names which number about 100. Can this be done? If so, could someone please point me to the help pages that describe this process? My solution seems clunky but it is the only way I can see how to do it. Any suggestions as to how else might I best approach this? Thanks in advance Debbie See my sample database that shows ...

Access Denied 04-22-04
you have to add the Domain User group to ability to access the SQL DB, not only while attached to the domain but when you are not, the Database have to be synchronized... ...

Replacement hard drive problem/ account access
Hi there, This is my first post so please be gentle! My family computer is an old Dell Inspiron and for a while its been very slow, then it stopped booting alltogether. The problem turned out to be the hard drive was degenerating so we bought a new one, installed it and kept the old one as the F drive so that we could access all the old files. My brother then reinstalled windows onto the machine. So far so good. Until I tried to access my old files. My old user account was password protected and Im assuming that this is the problem as when I try to get into it I get F:...

How to create a username and password in Access
I have created a database with all the functionalities in it. I am now interested in creating a username and password to allow administrative staff to access it. On 18 May, 14:41, How to create a username and password in <How to create a username and password i...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created a database with all the functionalities in it. I am now > interested in creating a username and password to allow administrative staff > to access it. What version of Access are you using? www.keithwilby.co.uk On Tue, 18 May 2010 06:41:01 -0700, How t...

Domain Email Hijacked?
Hello All: I have an issue that is bugging the living daylights out of me. I started using 1and1 MS Hosting services for my domain. In the past three weeks I have been getting email that appears to be from my domain. I know for a fact that they are not because none of the email addresses really exist. To add fuel to the fire, these emails contain an attached virus in the form of a ..zip file. Typically the emails look to be from these addresses: service@mydomain.com admin@mydomain.com administrator@mydomain.com webmaster@mydomain.com support@mydomain.com info@mydomain.com mail@mydomain....

Accessing Outlook from the Road
Once I have web access can I get to Outlook to check my e- mail when traveling? Do I need both Outlook and Outlook Express to do this? I've check two manuals and spent way too much time searching Microsoft sites and found no guidance on this matter. Any help you can offer is appreciated. If your Outlook is accessing a corporate Exchange server, and they've configured Outlook Web Access (OWA), then point your browser, not Outlook, to the external address of the corporate web server which is hosting the OWA. We use "http://mail.mycompany.com/exchange". If none of...

Migrating from MS Access
Hi I have this query, which I need to make work in MS SQL Server select job.[CAM File],FIRST([material]), FIRST(job.[description]), FIRST(job.[programmer]) from job where job.[CAM file] <> '' group by job.[cam file] order by 3 The "first" is my problem. I can translate most of into select job.[CAM File] from job where job.[CAM file] <> '' group by job.[cam file]) Now I need to add the first row - for each cam file - how? Next, I need to read something like this: select top 1 job.[CAM File], job.[material], job.[description], job....

Access 2007 ControlSource code in Report causing shut down
The following code worked successfully in Access 2002 & 2003 but for some reason, the lines that contain ControlSource are causing Access 2007 to shut down and error out. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. In short, I’m using a combo box on a form “ReportCenter” to change the GroupLevel and textbox values on a report. If I comment out the lines with ControlSource the code runs successfully, if any one of them are uncommented, Access 2007 shuts down and restarts. 'Group 1 If Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupCheck1 = True And Forms![ReportCenter]!T2GroupDescendC...

URL Access, weird behavior
We are using URL access to a report server and it does work,but here is the issue: On first run, if I use the following URL: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Reportserver?/MyReporting/All+Employees&rs:Command=Render&rs:Format=HTML4.0&rc:Toolbar=false&rc:Parameters=true&dbName=MyDatabase - It works fine. The report renders, but the toolbar isn't viewable. Then if I run the same URL, in the same browser, except change the toolbar=true, it works fine and the toolbar is viewable. However, if I close all my browsers, open a new browser, paste in the original...

Accessing Fidelity mySmart Cash Bank Accounts
I recently opened a new Fidelity MySmart Cash checking account, but when I set Money 2006 up to download transactions, it gets added in the Investments category. I would like to find a way, however, for it to be listed separately, as a checking account under Bank Accounts, separate from my investment account with Fidelity. Is there a way to do this? In microsoft.public.money, Igzabether wrote: >I recently opened a new Fidelity MySmart Cash checking account, but when I >set Money 2006 up to download transactions, it gets added in the Investments >category. I would like to fin...

rpc server not available by re-associating mailbox account
hi i have an exchange 2003 in a windows 2003 child domain. we have a branch office, it had windows NT4 and now it was upgraded from NT to windows 2003 als child domain in our forest (now trust between our domains) Before this,we create account and mailbox for people of this domain in our Domain (no trust betwen us) in order to use Exchange (dual account ,one by us to have an mailbxo with it and one local in their domain) Now i dont need anymore to have this and i want to associate the local AD-account instead of the account we created in our domain with the mailbox. so i thougt follow...

exchange 2003 mailbox can't read new mail
Hi all I have a problame - My Exchange 2003 sp2 hase started to get mail but i can't see the mail , Ihave chacked the mailbox DB' IT IS OK, I did disasterrecovery, but the problam is the same, i can see old mail but not the new mails ? What can it be ? ???? <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all > I have a problame - My Exchange 2003 sp2 hase started to get mail but > i can't see the mail , Ihave chacked the mailbox DB' IT IS OK, I did > disasterrecovery, but the problam is the same, i can see old mail but > not the new mails ? > What can it be...

Masquerade Domain in Exchange 5.5
I need to know how to masquerade a domain in Exchange 5.5 ...

duplicate junk folders in Exchange mailboxes
Hi, Some of the users of our Exchange 2003 (RTM) suddenly startet to find a duplicate Junk Email Folder with a "1" at the end (something like "Junk Email1", though it's a localized version of Exchange so it's not in English). I have read some issues leading to duplicate folders but all seem to be related to the Outlook client, which is not used in our case (all accesses to these accounts with duplicate folders are done through OWA). I tried to connect to these accounts with Outlook 2003 with different command-line switches (like /ResetFolders, etc.) but with...

Microsoft Word Table design in Access 2007
Is there a method for inserting a table (not an access table, but a word table with columns/rows/header, etc...) in a description field in a form or below the description field? I'm creating a database for development business rules and sometimes a business rule needs a table to explain or identify the heirarchy/relationship of items for the rule. I don't want this to link to anything else but the Business Rule ID that I am currently in. Thanks in advance! You could use a memo field but the data will not be separated by grid lines. You would need to add spacing and ...

Change Domain in version 1.2
Are there established steps for changing/moving a CRM 1.2 system from one domain to another? All of the users will have new domain accounts, but otherwise their usernames will remain the same. Yes, use the Redeployment Tool that you can download from the support site. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Lidia" <lidia@op.pl> wrote in message news:4A7738A4-04D3-48CF-802B-C9A08B0745E1@microsoft.com... Are there established steps for changing/moving a CRM 1.2 system from one domain to another? All of the users will have new domain accounts, but otherwise their usernames ...

Recover mailbox store to a standby Exchange 2000 server
Can I recover mailbox stores to a standby (non production) server?? Is there is any article i can follow?? Both sorce and destination servers are Win2K and E2K EE Post SP3. On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 04:10:01 -0800, Feras Mustafa <FerasMustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I recover mailbox stores to a standby (non production) server?? Is there >is any article i can follow?? Both sorce and destination servers are Win2K >and E2K EE Post SP3. https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&familyid=6e55dd49-8a6c-4f30-947e-bde95917f585 ...

modifying field values in an Access 2003 query
Someone please help. Is there a SQL or Visual Basic statement that can be used to set/change the values in a field in an Access 2003 query to a default value? I'm more familiar with the concept of a table's field (or a control on a form) having a "default" value. How is it that you expect a query's field to have a default value? What are the circumstances? If, for example, you want to display something like "n/a" when an underlying field in a table contains a Null, you could use something like: YourQueryField: IIF(IsNull([YourUnderlyingField]),...

cannot receive e-mail from outside domains
We have a lcient who cannot receive e-mail from domains outside his own. He is not behind a pix firewall. Please respond and let me know what you think I should check to try and resolve this issue. Thanks David GOldberg Hi David What is your clients domain name? Do they have an MX record configured on an external DNS server for his domain? -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "David Goldberg" <DavidGoldberg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A70129B4-64D2-4815-AF12-80...

allowing anonymous access in SMTP server
Hello: I think this is a dumb question, so I am mainly looking to find out if there is anyway to make it less dangerous. I installed Exchange 2003 yesterday to let Sharepoint send out alerts using Exchange. It works OK, but it will not send out messages to external addresses (i.e. not in my domain). The doc for Sharepoint says: "you must configure the SMTP server to allow anonymous access and to allow e-mail messages to be relayed". Now, I don't know much about Exchange 2003, but I can guess that this is a security exposure. First question: Is this true? Second question: Is...

Outside Domain
I was wondeing if it is possible to prevent users from sending email outside the domain. I want to turn off the abilty to send email outside of my company while preserving the ability to send internally. I want to do this as employees give notice to prevent any malice of sending out confidential information outside the company. In news:DCC14854-9943-448D-8B16-7CE1166AF9E3@microsoft.com, Rommel Epino <RommelEpino@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I was wondeing if it is possible to prevent users from sending email > outside the domain. I want to turn off the abilty to send...

Conversion of MySQL to Access Through ODBC Not retaining autonumber
Trying to convert a mysql database into access for a client, and some problems arise by selecting get external data -> import from ODBC connection IE: The database structure and data is imported fine, but the columns which should be Autonumber shift to Numeric and Access is unable to change a column to autonumber after data has been put in it Is there any way to 'force' convert a numeric column to an autonumber.. i could repopulate the rest of the data and let the autonumber column fill itself in.. but the problem is that the values in the autonum column are referred to in other...

still problems with Exchange 2010 and sending to certain domains
We have done the following: made sure the PTR records matches the IP address of the send connector created an SPF record we are still having issues sending to certain domains and we are at a loss. I've done plenty of 2007 systems and never had this issue. What are we doing wrong? It simply doesn't make sense. Do you get an error message back from the receiving server? JE. On 1/26/2010 10:14 AM, Gene Whitley wrote: > We have done the following: > > made sure the PTR records matches the IP address of the send connector > > created an...

Remote Access Via Server
We have Access 2K running at three of our locations. Each location is running the same program but with their own data. We want to set up a central server (web based with an ISP) and run a program that will retrive some data (not necessarily all) from each store, compile it and make it available to all stores. There may be occassional instances where others (other than the stores) may want to access the compled data. As a second objective, we want to allow each store to access the other stores data. This second objective is not a major requirement, but would be nice. I am looking for sugg...