Hi,

Was wondering if someone can explain this:

added external domainA to accepted domains
added domainA mail address to users mailbox
(mx was not changed)
sent email from mailbox/account/domainB (hosted on exchange server) to
domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected

removed domainA from accepted domains
removed domainA email address from users mailbox
to domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected, arrived in
users mailbox, this was not expected.

When using Outlook (domainB exchange accounts) and entering the email
address user@domainA.com, sending the email, check sent items in outlook and
it shoud the email was sent to user@domainB.com.

How is this possible if :
domainA was removed from exchange
domainA was removed from users mailbox email address tab
all exchange services were restarted
outlook was restarted
global address list does not show domainA
local contacts also doesnt hold teh address.

How else does outlook / exchange know to route domainA to an internal
mailbox ?

Thanks
Scott

0
Scott

Did you wait for Active Directory replication to complete?
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Scott" <nospam123@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Was wondering if someone can explain this:
>
> added external domainA to accepted domains
> added domainA mail address to users mailbox
> (mx was not changed)
> sent email from mailbox/account/domainB (hosted on exchange server) to
> domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected
>
> removed domainA from accepted domains
> removed domainA email address from users mailbox
> to domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected, arrived in
> users mailbox, this was not expected.
>
> When using Outlook (domainB exchange accounts) and entering the email
> address user@domainA.com, sending the email, check sent items in outlook
> and it shoud the email was sent to user@domainB.com.
>
> How is this possible if :
> domainA was removed from exchange
> domainA was removed from users mailbox email address tab
> all exchange services were restarted
> outlook was restarted
> global address list does not show domainA
> local contacts also doesnt hold teh address.
>
> How else does outlook / exchange know to route domainA to an internal
> mailbox ?
>
> Thanks
> Scott

0
Ed
1/21/2010 4:34:31 PM
If it's not a replication problem, I would reboot the server. I've
heard of instances where adding\removing accepted domains did not take
affect until the system was rebooted though this should not be the
case.

James Chong (MVP)
MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+
Security+, Project+, ITIL
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

On Jan 21, 11:34=A0am, "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...@nospam.net> wrote:
> Did you wait for Active Directory replication to complete?
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "Scott" <nospam...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> > Hi,
>
> > Was wondering if someone can explain this:
>
> > added external domainA to accepted domains
> > added domainA mail address to users mailbox
> > (mx was not changed)
> > sent email from mailbox/account/domainB (hosted on exchange server) to
> > domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected
>
> > removed domainA from accepted domains
> > removed domainA email address from users mailbox
> > to domainA , arrived in users mailbox on exchange as expected, arrived =
in
> > users mailbox, this was not expected.
>
> > When using Outlook (domainB exchange accounts) and entering the email
> > address u...@domainA.com, sending the email, check sent items in outloo=
> > and it shoud the email was sent to u...@domainB.com.
>
> > How is this possible if :
> > domainA was removed from exchange
> > domainA was removed from users mailbox email address tab
> > all exchange services were restarted
> > outlook was restarted
> > global address list does not show domainA
> > local contacts also doesnt hold teh address.
>
> > How else does outlook / exchange know to route domainA to an internal
> > mailbox ?
>
> > Thanks
> > Scott- Hide quoted text -

Jamestechman

How to remove a master category
How do you delete a master category once it's been created and no longer needed for a contact or calendar entry? ...

Problems with creating a newsletter

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Removing multiple users from Outlook

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Microsoft Exchange Server

Sending Email #6

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Adding a Macro to a VLookup Function
In Excel 2000 -- I would like to create a summary spreadsheet (sheet2). For each time that "Name" appears in sheet 1, row *, take information from the same row, but columns 2 and 6 and bring it over to sheet 2 in the designated area. I know that you need to do a "VLookup" function and I got that to work. I know that you also need a "Loop" statement, so that it will continue to perform the Vlookup and bring over the information for each time that the name appears. I don't know how to write the formula so that the VLookup and the Loop are combined. Examp...

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server