does \exchsrvr\address need to be shared?

Hi All,

we are running exchange 2k3. THis came up as a potential risk during a
security assessment. Does this folder need to be shared? I could not find
anything on the subject.

Thanks!

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 09:04:01 -0700, lenny
<lenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>we are running exchange 2k3. THis came up as a potential risk during a
>security assessment. Does this folder need to be shared?

Do you have more than one Exchange server? If the anser is yes, the
the answer to your question is also yes.

>I could not find
>anything on the subject.

What's the risk? Did the audit examine the permissions on that share
or just that it was present?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich

i need your help
i am providing you with my problem with an excel attachment file please reply me asap. Attachment filename: help me.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=463626 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi I would suggest using Data / Filter / AutoFilter. This is a very simple yet effective way of doing what you want. If you need to create separate 'tables' you can use the Advanced Filter Andy. "mangesh >" <<mangesh.12lfkr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mangesh.12lfkr@e...

Display names in Global address book do not update
I made a change to one of my users so that their display name shows as last name, first name. This change has not been applied to the global address book, but you can see the change has been made in active directory users and computers. Any idea how I update this change for the global address book? Thanks, Mike YOu need to wait for the global catalogs to refresh.....depends on your AD topology. "Mike Fefferman" <mike@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23v%23sxI5PFHA.3156@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I made a change to one of my users so that their display name show...

Resolve Case, Resolution Type Field (Need more options)
I need to add more options to the Resolution Type Field (There is only the PROBLEM SOLVED option) and i can't find where , It seems to be a Pickup list but the form Resolve Case and its fields do not appear anywhere, Please let me know how can i do this if somebody knows it.... -- cB - Thanks in advance I'm having the same issue! "cB" wrote: > I need to add more options to the Resolution Type Field (There is only the > PROBLEM SOLVED option) and i can't find where , It seems to be a Pickup list > but the form Resolve Case and its fields do not appear...

Multple calendars in one user
I am trying to get multiple calendars set up under one user and some of the events would be shared between different ones. I can not find how to essentially invite myself to an event between the different calendars. You are allowed to create the different calendars but you are not allowed to share events between them. Anyone done this before? Create a meeting request in the non-default calendar and invite yourself. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by ...

How do I share an Excell file (.xls) with someone with only Acces.
I have MS Office Small Buisness Edition 2003, and I just realized it doesn't have Access. I share files with a friend who has an older version of MS Office, and she can't open the .xls files I'm sending her. We used to share ..mdb files. Now what? Thanks. Use Save As (instead of Save) to save your XLS file in the format of a previous version. You can go all the way back to Excel version 2.1. On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 21:01:02 -0700, "faisan10" <faisan10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have MS Office Small Buisness Edition 2003, and I just realized it doe...

auto-completion of addresses in Outlook 2002-SP2
Recently had to make new profiles for one of my satellite offices due to a server crash. Now in Outlook 2002, they have lost the auto-complete history in Outlook. Is there a place where this is located and can be moved over to the new profile rather than having them re-create as they go? The AutoComplete cache is stored in a file with a .NK2 extension. If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, you'll need to search in hidden and system folders to find the .NK2 file. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please rep...

Need message box to be at front of screen
Greetings all. I have set a timer on a form which has a message box that pops up at defined intervals telling the user they are still being timed. The problem is that if they are using another application with access minimized, the message box is not visible until they minimize all other applications that are on top of it. Is there a way to make the message box show on top of all other open applications? I am using Access 2003 with XP Pro. Thank you. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you are using the Access application to pop up an Access messagebox, I ...

Shared Files using Pre-compiled headers
Hello, I have a file shared by multiple projects/solutions that uses pre-compiled headers. The plan was use something like this in the shared .cpp file: #ifdef _PROJECT1_ #include "..\Project1\stdafx.h" #else #include "..\Project2\stdafx.h" #endif This idea could be extend for more projects. The problem is that the compiler reports "unexpected '#else'" (or #elif or #endif depending on what preprocessor directive follows the "include "stdafx"". I have tried searches on the problem, but it isn't easy to boil down into a ...

Public Folder Email Address
I need to extract a list of the email addresses that are used for mail enabled public folders, there are many folders that have built up over the last few years and some of the folders have several address's associated with them. We run exhange 2000. Does anyone know of any tools i could use or reports i could generate from exchange? Many thanks, Charlie. you should be able to run a query in ADUC looking for all PFs that have smtp addresses... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E20828C-5908-4948-B845-9BEF19...

two tables with same field names
I create an order status table for my division each week by running queries on corporate's systems. The field names are always the same, and there lies my problem. I need to measure the change in promise dates weekly to the order line level. For example, I need to pull last monday's promise date minus this monday's promise date to get the change in number of days. Post your table structure so a query can be assembled. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "deb" wrote: > I create an order status table for my division each week by running queries > o...

DOS program needing to use net use for network printer
can't use DOS program because Windows XP Pro SP2 and Active Directory issue. Get system error 5. i have been told that i need to make a setting in my Windows 2003 server to allow the client cmd.exe or UNC to work. if i give the local user on the Windows XP computer administrator level access the net use commad works. i currently have the user setup as a power user. ...

Need a little Macro ...
I need a little Macro that will race thru my Tab Sheets regardless of Tab Sheet Name ... Active sheet ... perform a function ... next sheet ... until all functions complete ... all sheets ... Thanks ... Kha Ken, Try something like Dim WS As Worksheet For Each WS In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets ' do something with WS Next WS -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017001c394da$72b82d00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I need a l...

Need Help #9
Hi This =IF(H2,MIN(10,H2),0) returns the numbers from column H with a maximum of 10. The formula is returning 10 if the cell is 10 or over, is something wrong. Question: I need it to return 0 if 10 or over. Microsoft Excel 2002 Thanks in advance Dave On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:43:49 -0000, "Dave 2005" <dave@zillion.karoo.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >This =IF(H2,MIN(10,H2),0) returns the numbers from column H with a maximum >of 10. > >The formula is returning 10 if the cell is 10 or over, is something wrong. > >Question: I need it to return 0 if 10 or ...

Need to set up ID on Outlook Express
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=56dc2f64-f688-4919-a5ea-23b1a55eb054&dg=microsoft.public.outlook Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook i...

How do I change reply to or senders address
How do I change the Reply to: email address or the sender’s address? My infrastructure consists of: 1 – Windows 2003 AD box 1 – Exchange 2003 box Many – Outlook 2003 email clients. Is there a way to change the senders email address, example; An email note that’s generated by joe in the domain test.foo.com (joe@test.foo.com) can this address be changed in some setting in either Exchange or Outlook, so that the recipient of the note sees the senders address as joe@foo.com? The Outlook clients are configured for an Exchange connection. On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:03:46 -0800, HMR <HMR@discu...

Removing view of Global Address List
Is there a way to not allow access to the global address list yet still be able to find the mailbox? thanx do you mean removing the Global Addy List from a user's Address Book? "Ryan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1daba01c45496$b7b24e00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to not allow access to the global address > list yet still be able to find the mailbox? > thanx ...

Need smart guy advice! VIRUS !?
"Hi. I recently installed SP3 on my computer, and now I get an odd message when I open emails. A box pops up that says, "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'." My virus scan turned up nothing, and the "detect & repair" function of Outlook did not change this." "After 'Yes' or 'No' outlook stops responding." Thanks, Max. Assuming you are describing Outlook 2002 (part of Office XP), ...

How can I filter on a list of 500+ email addresses in Outlook(2003) using rules
Hi What is the best way to filter out emails for a large list email addresses when using the rules in Outlook(2003) with msExchance (2008)? I have about 45 rules, and I am trying to filter out emails from about 500 friends/acquaintances. The problem is that now that we have just installed ms Exchange, it wont accept my rules. It now calls my rules "Client only" and it keeps deactivating them. The error message Outlook gives is: "...This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all your rules". I tried putting all ...

entering current time in shared work book
Hi, i am maintaing a excel tracker in shared drive where i am manually entering the time when a person came into the office. Is it possible that when a person comes he himself open the shared file and click the cell corresponding to his name so that the time of that moment can be stored and that can not be further updated with new value (time)... below is the format Name of Person Date Name A Name B Name C 21-Apr-10 6:44 PM 6:48 PM 6:40 PM 22-Apr-10 6:30 PM 6:34 PM 6:31 PM 23-Apr-10 6:35 PM 6:39 PM 6:40 PM I would try first to setup a list on another she...

sharing folders using Exchange and Outlook
I have a client working with Outlook 2000 and the boss has his contacts, tasks and calendar shared, so that his secretary can access to those folders and to write new events, meetings for his boss to read. They share the folder using the Microsoft Mail component on a NT 4 Server and Outlook 2000 on the clients. But now they have bought a W2003 Server with Exchange Server and Outlook 2003. What I need is to get the secretary can access to the calendar, contacts and tasks as they have been doing until now. But I don't know how to do it. I have seen they have the option of sharing folders...

Exchange and non existant addresses
I've setup a new exchange 2003 server. The client would like to have the ability to receive mail at a specific email address. He also wants any mail directed to the domain to be sent to a specific email address. So, an example would be username: jdoe@xyz.com an email address that doesn't exist in the domain: 123@xyz.com or info@xyz.com, etc. all this mail should be forwarded to jdoe@xyz.com Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks. The feature you're looking for isn't built into Exchange. Please take a look at our product MailBasketMD at http://turbogeeks.com - it does w...

Cannot synchronize Contact emails addresses when associated with CRM
I have a user that is using a pocket pc to synchronize his contact (both CRM and personal contacts in Outlook). He noticed that the email addresses of CRM contacts are not synchronizing with his pocket pc. All the other contact details syncs but not the email address. Normal contacts, that are not tracked in crm, the email address is synced to his pocket pc. Any thoughts or suggestions would be grealty appreciated. r/ Anthony ...

Print A Report to an IP Address
Is there a way to print a report to a specific IP Address? I am using Access 2003. Thanks. -- M. Shipp Hello M. M. Shipp wrote: > Is there a way to print a report to a specific IP Address? > I am using Access 2003. Thanks. I don't think so. Althouh a printing device can be attached to the network and be accessed using an ip address, for printing, you will need a printer (a piece of software on your computer) that enables your applications to send documents to the printing device using an appropriate printer driver. -- Regards, Wolfgang ...

need script to add LDAP server
I need a way to automate adding an LDAP server to the directories list. I can't find anything on a web search about it though. I'd prefer to do it in vbscript, but at this point I'm not that picky. Anyone know how I can get started? Jordan Microsoft uses text files with a .prf extension and a highly structured = format to provide information to OUtlook that enables Outlook to create = or modify a mail profile, which is what you're actually talking about = doing. You can create such .prf files with the Custom Installation = Wizard or Custom Maintenance Wizard tools in...

Am confused about a simple data layout- need help asap!
This is really silly, because I am good at charts, but for some reason, I cannot formulate in my head the proper layout of this chart. Here is what I have/need: THESE ARE MY DATA HEADERS: A B C D E F PERSON JOB 1 JOB 2 JOB 3 TOTAL ARBITRARY 1-3 NUMBER THE DATA LOOKS LIKE THIS: A B C D E F NAME1 3 2 8 ...