Does exchange 2003 supports SMPP

hi
i want to send SMS messagers through exchange server 2003 mail server. so i
contact my mobile provider asking whether exchange supports SMPP protocol.
and i need to know does anyone knows how to do this and do i have to get new
hardware and software for this
0
chatura (1)

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 01:49:03 -0700, "chatura"
<chatura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hi
>i want to send SMS messagers through exchange server 2003 mail server. so i
>contact my mobile provider asking whether exchange supports SMPP protocol.
>and i need to know does anyone knows how to do this and do i have to get new
>hardware and software for this

Lots of people these days use an Internet provider and you send SMS
messages as emails so the Exchange doesn't get involved.

For others you will need 3rd party software. When I do large scale fax
designs I specify www.syssol.com.au whose Message Manager product also
has an SMS add on (extra cost, natch) where there is a USB or Serial
cable out to a little box and antenna where the SIM is stored. There
are a chunk of other ways of providing it, but Exchange won't give it
to you right out of the box.

0
mark7219 (5666)

Publisher 2003 file not updated on save
Hi, I have a client using Publisher 2003 under XP. The file she is working on, March.pub, is stored on a Windows 2003 server which she accesses via a mapped P: drive. Yesterday, she worked on a file most of the day and swears she did a Save very often. About 4pm, she saved, printed her work, exited from Publisher, logged off Windows, and went home. Today when she came in she opened the file, only to find that it was missing much of her work. I checked and in fact the latest version on the server is from about 1pm. I had no luck finding a temporary version on the XP machine's C: dr...

mail-enabled group in Exchange 2003 (long)
Some users are having problems with a mail-enabled group (or distribution list) in Outlook 2003 on an Exchange 2003 server. First of all, some background info. We were running Exchange 5.5 SP3 and a new server with Win2003 Server and Exchange Server 2003 was built. All mailboxes were moved to the new server and everything was fine. However, one of the few things that wouldn't work was the public folder permissions because for some strange reason, in a mixed mode domain, Microsoft insists that only "Security Group - Global" type of groups can have access to Public Folder...

Exchange E-mail Redirect ... Without Attachments
For about a dozen Exchange users who want to receive copies of their e-mails on Pocket PC smartphones, I am trying to find a way to re-direct e-mail to another e-mail address... These users are engineers and they may receive 20 MB (or larger) AutoCAD files attached to an e-mail! So, in order to reduce air-time costs, prior to re-directing the e-mails, we want to strip off attachments that may have been sent by the original sender as they can handle those when they are back in the office. Is there some way to do this in Exchange Server? If not, are there any external utilities that c...

front end 2003, back end 97
can i create a database using access 97 as the back end and 2003 as the front end so users of both 97 and 2003 can use it and update records? Bill Bedal "billb" <bill80003@comcast.net> wrote in message news:doOdnfBFKpsuvNjbnZ2dnUVZ_vumnZ2d@comcast.com... > can i create a database using access 97 as the back end and 2003 as the front > end so users of both 97 and 2003 can use it and update records? Yep. A relatively common scenario in fact. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com "billb" &...

Outlook 2003 Startup Problem
I just installed Office 2003 and having some problems with Outlook. First I did an upgrade, but since I ran into problems, I tried uninstalling everything and starting from scratch. Still having problems. When I try to start Outlook, it just hangs at the splash screen and says not responding. I only connected to IMAP accounts, no POP. I have tried removing my PST file, and all of the IMAP pst files. I create new ones, but it still hangs. Where does Outlook store my e-mail accounts? I have removed all PST files that I know of, but when I start up it still wants to create new ones for all...

Lotus Connector for Outlook 2003 and Entourage
Does anyone know when MS will come out with the Lotus Connector for Outlook 2003 and Entourage on the Mac. Any information on the above is appreciated. Thanks! -- Have you checked their website lately? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8EBBBA59-5F17-4E52-8980-C4F0DFA92D65&displaylang=en --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,...

Publisher 2003: How Do I "Flow" (rework) a CURRENT [saved] document?
Page Setup/Layout/Booklet/Landscape/Print two pages per sheet. With both Automatic and Manual "Two Sided Printing" the center page (both sides) is--- blank. At the bottom right, of each page in the document, is a "Text in Overflow" Icon. Right click does not present an option to--- flow, condense or correct. Thanks Johann Since you know the terminology, I'm a bit curious why you didn't look up "overflow" in the Help file. The very first link will tell you how to deal with this. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Johann B�cker&qu...

Where has the data map tool gone to in Excel 2003?
Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. It's gone as of Exel 2002. Here is MS's statement and a link to another program for map making. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010346591033.aspx tj "macray" wrote: > Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. If it still resides on the hard drive, you can use it from later Excel versions, through the Insert Object dialog. But I think uninstallation is pretty good at wiping it out. In my case, I have multiple versions of Excel installed on one machine, so Excel 2003...

Migration SBS 2003 -> SBS 2008
In the microsoft guide 'Migrate to Windows Small Business Server 2008 from Windows Small Business Server 2003' it says on page 10 that the router has to have a IP address 1 or 254 in the range 192.168.x.254. Our domain has IP addresses in the range 172.16.100.x Is this range a problem? So do i have to change the range 172.16.100.x of our current domain to have a succesfull migration? Kind regards Mattie During migration I think I have not teted on my own you can specify any class C network (after migration or installation SBS can work with other subnets than class C) but...

Exchange Password Issue
I will explain this problem as best I can. I have a Windows based network, with a windows server 2003 domain controller and an exchange server 2003, which is also a back up domain controller. Every 30 days users are required to change their windows logon password, this is set up through group policy. When users change their Windows logon passwords it does not replicate to the exchange server, so when they try to open their email it prompts them for a password, then when they enter their new password it does not work and they end up getting locked out of their accounts. Then what I do is...

outlook 2003 and hotmail #3
I use outlook 2003 to access my hotmail. The other day I tried to send an e-mail with a 1M attachment to a friend of mine, who also uses hotmail. The message did not get through due to it's size. The problem I now have is that the message is still in my outbox and I can't remove it. I can't even open it. If I try to open it I get a meesage "cannot open, transfer of message has already started". My mail message to my friend seems to be permanently stationed in the outbox. Does anyone have any idea of what I can do to get rid of it, any solution which does not inv...

Supporting Multiple screen resolution
Hi How i can support multiple screen resolution with MFC? Thanks, Ritu What does this mean? Are you asking about dual monitor support? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ritu chawla" <rituc@momentum-tech.com> wrote in message news:u$xGo0GbDHA.2404@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi > How i can support multiple screen resolution with MFC? > Thanks, > Ritu > > Hi i am working on an application whose GUI becomes completely visible in 1024 x 800 size only. i need to give support or 800 x 600 also. how can i do this. rgds, ritu "Ajay Kalra"...

IMS que is filling with tons of e-mail in Exchange 5.5
Hi When ever I tried to select the Hosts and Clients that successfully authenticate option in routing restrictions. I see tons of mail que in IMS. Actually I tried to check for 2010 event and I see some junk user account which says "\temp" which is not at all in my domain or in local users. Can anyone tell is it some virus or some one is creating the account test remotely to spam. Please advis ...

Ex 2003 IS backup, using NTBackup 5.0
On Win2K SP4, I've upgraded from Ex 2000 ==> Ex 2003. I use NTBackup to back up the IS. The NTBackup is version 5.0. Backup proceeds normally; on differentials I can see NTBackup counting log files, etc. However, I tested a restore, and when I catalogued the *.bkf file, NTBackup says "No files were found". So I have an error-free backup, from which (apparently) I cannot restore. Is the Ex 2000 ==> Ex 2003 upgrade supposed to upgrade NTBackup as well, to a version that can handle restoring Ex 2003 IS? Does anyone have an insight into why NTBackup doesn't want to ...

SBS 2003, XP vs. Win7, and Roaming Profiles
I have a client with SBS 2003 to which I am introducing Windows 7 clients on a gradual basis, to mix with their existing XP client base. The client's staff operate a hot-desking policy that is supported by roaming profiles, and I made it abundantly clear to management, in advance of this, about the importance of users sticking to either XP or Win7 workstations. Of course, while the cat's away the mice will play... ....with management away and a Win7 client user on vacation today, one (XP) user decided to make use of a Win7 workstation. Now, I can deal with the issue and will ...

Migrating from Exch 2000 to 2003
We're in the middle of migrating thousands of users from Exchange 2000 to 2003. Our 2000 users are experiencing a problem where anytime they are sent an e-mail from a 2003 user, they receive the e-mail as an attachment rather than a regular readable e-mail. They have to open the attachment to read it. We also are going through a Trend Viruswall server for virus cleaning, and have a Netscape mail server in the mix as well. Has anyone seen this? ...

2003 OL with contact manager
Hi I would like to in-port Quick Books data , namely customers and vendors, and other names into OL contact manager.... can anyone tell me what QB files they are and what each is? Thanks David Have you tried Intuit support? Outlook would have no way of knowing what export types QuickBooks uses. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, RDavid asked: | Hi ...

Exchange VSS Writer Error
Hi, Our Exchange Server ( running on Win2003, Exch2003-SP1 ) is having backup issues since the active backup job was interrupted by a network failure. Network switch's power was interrupted during an active backup job. After the incident, I am having error when I try to start the exchange backup. I am using Veritas Backup veritas 10 to do the backup job. I have tried to use the windows native backup but is facing the similar problem also. The following is the event details when i try to activate a backup job Event Type: Information Event Source: NTBackup Event Category: None ...

Folder-Link Icon in Outlook 2003
In the past (Outlook XP and before) I could distinguish between a regular Folder and a Folder-Link (.xnk file). Their icons were different. In Outlook 2003 a Folder-Link icon looks exactly the same as a Folder icon. Is they any way I can influence the look of Folder Link icons ? You can change the xnk-file icon association by going to Control Panel-> Folder Options -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Arie Blonk" <Arie Blonk@discussio...

Outlook 2003 Adding several Emails to Block Sender list at One Tim
I just upgraded to Windows 2003 SP 2. In the older version of Outlook, I could highlight several emails and add them to the junk senders list by selecting: Action/Junk Email/Ad to junk senders list With 2003, the option to “Add Sender to blocked senders list” is grayed out and I am not able to select it. What can I do to be able to use this? It is available when I select an individual email. ...

Outlook 2003 Send & Receive Button
I've lost the Send & Receive Button from my toolbar and I can't seem to find a way to get it back. Any ideas? Verify tht you still have account configured int Tools-> E-mail Accounts-> Next If they are still there reset the Standard Toolbar through View-> Toolbars-> Customize -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "Vic Mc" <Vic Mc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5983862-5F51-4141...

Subtotal Lines in the wrong place Excel 2003
When nesting subtotals in Excel 2003, the subtotal lines are not in the correct position. Is there a fix or a work around for this problem? Example: Craft Code Crew Count BA Elec 1 BA Elec 1 BA Total 2 Elec Total 2 Hi AFAIK you should start with the subtotal for the right-most column and then add the other columns step by step -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "k2quayle" <k2quayle@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FF252538...

MS Exchange Server
I do not have Outlook installed on my home computer, which has WinXP installed, but I do at work so I am somewhat familiar with it. Recently whenever I try to click on a "Contact Us" link in a web page, a window opens for MS Exchange Server. I am pretty sure that has something to do with Outlook, but I do not think it has anything to do with Outlook Express. Why has this started happening and how do I remove it. I cannot use the "contact us" function on Any webpage. Thanks mmobilman In IE go to Tools - Internet Options - Program Tab and make sure your desired email p...

Monitoring Exchange 2003 #2
Hello, We are planning to implement MOM 2005. However, we are also concerned about implementing auditing for changes made within ESM. Will there be a tool that will allow management to know a change was completed by a specific UserID? When a mailbox store is dismounted - who dismounted it/date/time? When a change is made to the RUS - who made the change? Thank you, Exchange2003 MOM does not have the ability to monitor this in the shipped Management Pack. You can enable AD auditing on the domain controllers: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314955&sd=tech. ...

need Help for Migration Exchange 5.5
Hello NG, we`ve the following Configuration : - Exchange 5.5 with SP4 - single Winwos 2000 DC - configured both side ADC a new Hardware should be used for an Exchange 2003 and second DC. next steps i would do as following : - Update ADC Version with Exchange 2003 ADC - running Exchange 2003 forestprep, then domainprep, an after all running setup to install Exchange 2003 in the same organization, site - replicate system Folders and public Folders - moving all Mailboxes to the Exchange 2003 Store - configure the Exchange 2003 virtual SMTP Server to send outgoing Mail - reconfigure the F...