Does anyone use ArcServe 11.5 for Restoring

We have a problem when restoring a the exchange database with Arcserve 11.5.
This works the first time 26 hours after the backup.

Any idea?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Restoring exchange database"
<Restoringexchangedatabase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a problem when restoring a the exchange database with Arcserve
> 11.5.
> This works the first time 26 hours after the backup.
>
> Any idea?

0
curspice6401 (3487)

explorer 8 11-14-09
i still have windows m.e. can i install explorer 8? -- fadlos fella No. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est fadlos fella wrote: > i still have windows m.e. can i install explorer 8? On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 09:42:01 -0800, fadlos fella <fadlosfella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i still have windows m.e. can i install explorer 8? See here for system requirements http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/support/system-requirements.aspx -- ---------------- Stubbo of Oz ---------------- ...

How to add multiple members in DL for Exchange 5.5
Hi, Is there any way to add multiple members in Exchange 5.5 distribution list, instead of selecting one at a time. Thanks! Directory import, available in Exchange administrator tool. Baris. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "San" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:f4a001c43de9$9cabde00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is there any way to add multiple members in Exchange 5.5 > distribution list, instead of selecting one at a time. > > Thanks! ...

5.5 Recovery
Ok, so I've got a situation coming up were I have to recover a Exchange 5.5 server and a Exchange 2000 server (from scratch). I haven't been given the full details yet of the whole deal so in the mean time I'm looking for a good set of docs to read over. I have to restore both these servers from scratch, totally new boxes and the restore the emails using Veritas. Do any of you guys/girls have any good docs that I could check out.... Thanks... The Microsoft disaster recovery white papers is a good start. The 2000 recovery will be a pita as you will need to build a reco...

Symantec Antivirus Corp Edition 9.0 & SMSE 4.5
I'm running Symantec Corp Edition 9.0 for file level protection and SMSE 4.5 for exchange. I know I have to exclude the Exchange folders under Symantec Corp Edition 9.0. Do I have to Enable or Disable Microsoft Exchange Auto Protect in 9.0? (Under Configure, Microsoft Exchange Auto-protect)? You would want to enable this so that Symantec will scan any message that comes through your Exchange client (Outlook). If someone sets up internet mail through Outlook you will be protected. Look at the Help that comes with the client and it will explain when you might not want to set this. &q...

Installation of Office 2004 on OS X 10.5 Leopard
I installed Office 2004 (and EndNote) after upgrading to Leopard 10.5 and something is amiss. Three (probably related) symptoms I observed: 1. After the install, when opening Word, I'm greeted with the prompt: "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library." 2. When trying to update Office 2004 via Microsoft AutoUpdate, the application recognizes any out-of-date versions, but then hangs and doesn't download anything (requires a force quit). Also hangs if running updates that were manually downloaded from Microsoft's website. (even o...

Exchange Server 5.5 unable to receive SMTP mails
Hi Guys, Our Exchange Server currently cannot receive SMTP mail from mail clients including outlook express.What can we do to make it work.Pls help. Platform: Exchange 5.5 Service pack 3 on Windows NT 4.0 -- Buchi Hi; Did you check that if your exchange have an open relay and may be blacklisted? http://www.rbl.jp/ckdb/ you can check from here... Bora Güler "Buchi" wrote: > Hi Guys, > Our Exchange Server currently cannot receive SMTP mail from mail clients > including outlook express.What can we do to make it work.Pls help. > > Platform: Exchange 5.5 ...

test #5
test ...

MSComm use in VC 6.0
Hello. I am using MSComm in my VC 6.0 application, for using the COM1, and COM2, etc... ports. (It has a telephone glyph - the activeX name is : Microsoft communication control). By class wizard I have added a member variable of the name : m_com_port for that control. I need a sample for VC 6.0 for reading and writing to com port (may be com1, i.e), and some explanation on this component, please. Thanks :) Check out the VCTERM sample in the MSDN documentation. The wrapper classes in the sample were originally created with VC5, and the control has been modified since then to support diff...

Outlook 2003 Not Responding #5
Whenever I leave my computer for any length of time I come back to find Outlook 2003 frozen and not responding. I have run Detect & Repair many times and have run the repair utillity from the installation disk, but the problem still persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated Liz have you tried to uninstall outlook and then reinstall? Is that an option that you can try out? "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: > Whenever I leave my computer for any length of time I come > back to find Outlook 2003 frozen and not responding. > > I have run D...

does anyone track where and how MS uses FUD?
does anyone track where and how MS uses FUD? has anyone wrote a book on it? Frequently Used Data is maintained in a memory cache, and is cleared at logoff. IRS Intern wrote: > does anyone track where and how MS uses FUD? > > has anyone wrote a book on it? > Ah - I was thinking "Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt". In article <u09Rek3hHHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, Bob I <birelan@yahoo.com> wrote: > Frequently Used Data is maintained in a memory cache, and is cleared at > logoff. > > IRS Intern wrote: > > > does anyone track where...

using ebabled and locked on controls
Hello there I have master form and subform which is continues form. On each subform there are two buttons that appear on each record. According to the data on the form and acccording the entering data to the form the buttons should be enabeld or not. Is there a way to do that for each record? Roy Goldhammer wrote: >I have master form and subform which is continues form. > >On each subform there are two buttons that appear on each record. >According to the data on the form and acccording the entering data to the >form the buttons should be enabeld or not. > >Is the...

HELP!! Notes won't restore
Hi Everyone: I use Notes alot in Outlook. The other day I maximized a note and now I can't restore it to its original size. I went into Tools- Options - Note Options and changed the size to all thrr options but still every time I open a new note it take up my entire screen!! Can anyone help me out? Thanks for your time, Bill Double click the title bar. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Bill asked: | Hi E...

using excel to change filenames
i have several hundred files on my HD for a certain program i use and i would like to change all of their filenames, is it possible to import them into a spreadsheet, manipulate the file names with some formulas ans use the manipulated names to rename the files? spence It's fairly easy to do it in DOS, but it would mean doing it one directory at a time. Is that any use? Andy. "spence" <spence524@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message news:1a2d01c352b0$9ca90470$a001280a@phx.gbl... > i have several hundred files on my HD for a certain > program i use and i would like ...

Can anyone get the front and rear pages of a booklet to display?
I can merrily paste a pic onto facing INTERNAL pages of a booklet. But I can't display "facing pages" for the covers (I can print preview)... I can't get a picture to go onto the front and rear covers, the picture gets cropped to the spine. I want one picture that wraps around the covers of the booklet (4" x 8 1/2") to fit into a #10 envelope. This is kind of tricky. The best way to achieve this would be doing the procedure on an inside facing page so you can readily see what you are doing. Insert the picture, copy/paste the picture, stack the two images b...

Force From field to use different name
Hi, is it possible to force the from field of a message to use a different name? I have a user who receives resumes - she would like to send a notification that a resume has been received but not show her own name in the From field, just a generic "Resume Receiver" or something but only for that message only. All other messages from her should show her real name. Your help appreciated!-- Thanks, GillianHG You sure you meant to post in an excel newsgroup??? GillianHG wrote: > > Hi, is it possible to force the from field of a message to use a different > name? &g...

Mailbox Store #5
Hi All, I just configure the exchange server on our DC and today found that there is not enough space in C drive. Can I use the move mailbox function in exchange task to move to another server?? if so, currently i hav another exchange server but the mailbox store is on C drive, can I move it to another partition? how to do it? -- Regards, Venedict Hi Here is a link that explains how you can move the Exchange Stores and Storage Groups: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257184 -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no ...

How to use PowerPoint template in my application
Hi all: I want to read some data from database then use PowerPoint template to create ppt file . How can I use this ? Thanks in advance ! Best regards . ...

Need help merging two Worksheet_Change modules #5
Hi Dave, further to the last entry I have discovered where the module is tripping up. It works on three of my cells but any one of a further three cells that I have data validation in renders the code not to work - what it does is, on any change to any cell with validation it throws up the message box in the code (MsgBox "Your last operation was canceled. " & _ "It would have deleted data validation rules.") and doesn't allow you to do anything else in those cells. What is it about these particular three cells that causes this? They are pretty normal validated c...

Groupwise 5.5 to Exchange 2003
Hi all, I'm upgrading an old Novell network to SBS 2003 Prem this weekend and was wondering whether there are any decent tools to migrate users mailboxes from Groupwise 5.5 or whether anyone can shed some light on posible gotcha's? I am hoping to simply export .pst's but I guess there may be easier ways to achieve my objective. Any advice greatly appreciated. Mike Try ts link and refer the Groupwise links http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/migrate.mspx "Mike K" <MikeK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B89CC0A-0C45-46B...

using Sumproduct with named ranges
Hi, Hope someone can help. I have named ranges in tab 1, Column E=B is for Branch, Column F=G is for Game, & Column G=P is for points. Named ranges are all from row 6 - row 501. Data is input into tab 1, summary in tab 2. In Tab 2 I have the branches from A3:A9, Games from C2:L2 In C3 I am wanting to add all the points for the branch A3 for the game in C2 that appear in the named range P. I have tried the equation below with "P" which does not work, and also tried G6:G501. =SUMPRODUCT((B=$A3)*(G=C$2)*(G6:G501)) gives me no values, won't add up the ...

Disable Recently Used Menu Options
How do I disable the option that only shows the most recently used men options. I want Windows to to show all menu options whither I hav used it before or not. It is a setting in the control panel but can't seem to find it. I have Windows XP. Thanks in advance. M -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Right click on menu bar. Select Customize. Uncheck the "Menus show recently used commands first" option. Stephani -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Configuring Exchange 2000 to use SPF records...
Does anyone have any information on how to configure Exchange 2000 to use SPF records? Our ISP has configured SPF records at their end, and now I want our Exchange server to use them... However, we are using a smart host to relay our email through. I have read where this could be a problem with using SPF - however that article I read was referring to installing the GFI MailEssentials product to use SPF on your Exchange 2000 server - so maybe does not apply to all mail relaying in general if you are NOT using that product.. Does anyone know if SPF checking will work if you are using a s...

What Event To Use
I have a form that may contain multiple records (part numbers) in it. In the form I have a boleen that identifies if the record is exists else where (IE another manufactured location). I want to change the property of a lbl to be visible (Not visable by default) if the boleen is true. The boleen is already set in the underlying data so that is not the problem, I just simply need to know the event that will test a statement after a record is changed. thanks! Robert_DubYa wrote: > I have a form that may contain multiple records (part numbers) in it. In the > form I ha...

What formula can one use to Count dates?
Here's the Question: I want to know what I will get paid TODAY, THISWEEK(Monday-Friday) or by the MONTH. I know how to get what I will get paid today: In cell C2 =IF(A2=TODAY(),B2,). I don't know how to get the Week (D2) and Month.(E2) Please help. Digital2k A B C D E F 1 Dates Amount Today This This Week Month 2 6/27/06 $500 0 $700 $700 3 6/28/06 $200 $200 $700 $700 4 7/1/06 $600 0 0 $700 __________________________...

Exchange 5.5 mailboxes
In looking at some users exchange mailboxes in their Outlook 2000 client, it only shows the Deleted Items, Inbox, Outbox, and Sent Items folders. While some other users are showing the full list of folders, i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Journal. Why don't the other users see those other folders in their folder list in outlook? Try this From the Run dialog type in Outlook /ResetFolders See below for more info: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;197180 -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resourc...