Do we need to install active sync?

Hi all,

We have Exchange 2003 Sp2 frontend and backedn servers.  I enabled the
mobile function in the global seetings.  BTW, do we still need to install
active sync in the server ot workstaions?

Thanks.
0
Sally (53)

In news:CD56A612-B0ED-47F0-9428-0B2584DE3AB4@microsoft.com,
Sally <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Hi all,
>
> We have Exchange 2003 Sp2 frontend and backedn servers.  I enabled the
> mobile function in the global seetings.  BTW, do we still need to
> install active sync in the server ot workstaions?
>
> Thanks.

You don't install ActiveSync desktop software on the server....but you'll
need to install it on a client to set up the initial relationship with the
handheld to sync anything that won't work wirelessly (such as Notes, and
files you want to transfer) as well as to install handheld software.

0
lanwench (7567)
7/25/2006 2:25:03 PM
No. It can function over the air if your devices have the functionality and
connectivity.
If you're using Windows Mobile 5.0 devices with MSFP/AKU2.0, you can use
DirectPush to have Exchange push mail to your device.
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Sally" <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> We have Exchange 2003 Sp2 frontend and backedn servers.  I enabled the
> mobile function in the global seetings.  BTW, do we still need to install
> active sync in the server ot workstaions?
>
> Thanks.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
7/25/2006 2:26:41 PM
Thank you, all.

Since we do not have it setup yet, we can not compare them with Blackberry
device?  How do we manage all these devices?

Thanks!

"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" wrote:

> No. It can function over the air if your devices have the functionality and
> connectivity.
> If you're using Windows Mobile 5.0 devices with MSFP/AKU2.0, you can use
> DirectPush to have Exchange push mail to your device.
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> "Sally" <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > We have Exchange 2003 Sp2 frontend and backedn servers.  I enabled the
> > mobile function in the global seetings.  BTW, do we still need to install
> > active sync in the server ot workstaions?
> >
> > Thanks.

0
Sally (53)

Install Excel XP and 2003 on same Computer
I have an Excel spreadsheet that was done in 2003 with data list, XP does not see the drop down arrows that was created in 2003. I have 2003 at my office and XP at home, how can I install 2003 on my home computer to finish the sheet with out uninstalling XP. You can install both versions on the same machine. There's information in the following MSKB article: How to run multiple versions of Excel on the same computer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214388 Without installing Excel 2003 on your home computer, you can see the dropdown arrows if you apply an AutoFilter to the list. ...

Timing of payroll year end tax update installation
I am trying ot find out if the 2007 year end tax update for GP v9 can be applied prior to running the final payroll for the year. If this is just a form update can it be done early to avoid so much stress at the end of the year? Has anyone tried this? (I do not mean the new tax table update for 2008) -- Diane Burbank Dynamics GP Consultant Yes, it can be applied at any time. However, it is not just a form update. It includes service pack 3. The installation will require all users be out of GP during the procedure. All workstations must be updated. Make backups of the databases and the...

Error on default installation
Hi there. First of all let me explain that working with MS CRM is new for me and my first time. I've just installed the default MS CRM database and created the 6 users, etc. I am now trying to create a new email/lead/topic/etc. When doing that I get an error ======================================================= Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (crmFormSubmitXml="<emailactivity><acti..."). Description: Req...

Side-by-side installation of Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise
Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came with VS 1.0 Enterprise on the same machine is officially supported. I can't speak for M$, but they respond that it does work (although a pain in the butt to reboot when you need to move from one to the other, also since the VEA version is really v2002 understand the VEA version may not read the v2003 files). Al "TomTom" <no_spam@nospamfordiscussion.com> wrote in message news:OZTSpD2ZEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Please let me know if installation of both Visio 2003 and VEA that came >...

After installation , cannot start Money2004
Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Error signature: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName : mnyob99.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 000dc6e5 How to i solve the problem? thanks ...

Wireless internet sync oulook and mobile device and Laptop
Why is it so difficult to find someone offering the ability to sync Outlook over the internet with a Desk top, Laptop and windows mobile device. I am using Verizons wireless sync which is phenomenal but only syncs with one device. Plus they are going to stop supporting it in the near future so I need an alternative. I cant be the only one who desires this, I have to believe that this would be extremely useful to a large audience. The best method depends on your mail account type(s) and what exactly (which folders) you are trying to sync. A Windows Mobile device can sync with Out...

0xD0000005 Error during XP/SP2 Installation
During the clean up phase I got this error mesage 0xD0000005. It was during the cleanup phase and it stated that my XP system is unusable. As of this minute I am able to start my IE, get my outlook express emails. System LOOKS OK to me! Was unable to find out what the message means. Some websites SEEM to indicate its registry errors and offers cures for the problem. I am leery about using any of those! Since it also said that the system is unusable I am not too sure I want to shut it down until I get a clear resolution. Any help is appreciated...... I did no SP2 or ...

Error opening excel!!...help needed.
A colleague is having a problem opening a particular excel file. She gets the following error message: Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. It is only happening with this file and she is able to open all other excel files successfully. Any ides as to why this is happening and more importantly is there a way that we can recover the file? Chip Pearson has some notes to help diagnose startup problems at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/StartupErrors.htm A couple of guesses. 1. Clean up the win...

An Exchange 5.5 Mailbox won't disappear when servers sync
We have 2 Exch 5.5 servers, one in UK and one in Kenya - they are happily synching address lists (we have tested this over the past 24 hours) A few days ago one of our mailboxes here had to be moved to the Kenya server (this is a common thing that we have to do when staff from UK go to work in Africa - due to bandwidth etc!!!) and I deleted the mailbox here. After several syncs the Kenya server still "sees" the mailbox and so the mailbox cannot be added locally. We have tried rebooting, requesting full directory syncs, but nothing seems to shift it. We've created and deleted ma...

Some users cannot have replied E-Mail activity? Why?
Hi, It is really strange, in our company, some users's replied e-mail activity will not be put into CRM system by that router. I tested everybody by my internet mailbox. But meanwhile, some other users without problem. Anybody know that? Thank you very much. Raymond From what I understand... if you reply using outlook - it will not go through the CRM router and be placed in CRM... you must reply outside of outlook.... (i.e. hotmail, external account)... I think there is a TK on this... "Raymond" <xin421@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:015d01c3dc66$e19ca420$a401...

Show ALL Activities in Oulook Client
I suggest that a user in front of Outlook today be able to see ALL activities - not just tasks (phone calls, faxs, letters, etc) from the "Outlook Today" main page. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssol...

Help Needed
Good morning: This is an example what I am trying to achieve Col-A Col-C Row 1: Name Address Col-A Col-C Row 4: Name Search Address Search Note: The names & address will be hidden below the respective search Col's. I need to search by name (R-4 / C-A) or by address (R-4 / C-C) and have the corresponding name & address populate R-1 respectively AND THEN CLEAR THE SEARCH CELLS LEAVING THE RESULTS IN R-1. Please keep in mind I am not a programmer. Thank you in adv...

Need help formatting a cell.
Can such a request be done using Excel? I need to enter a time in Cell B18 of 2325 or 11:25pm from that time i need it to calculate that cell B17 is 15 minutes prior to B18 (2310 or 11:10pm) B16 is 20 minutes prior to B18 (2305 or 11:05pm) B15 is 45 minutes prior to B18 (2240 or 10:40pm) B14 is 1 hour prior to B18 (2225 or 10:25pm) B13 is 1 hour 10 minutes prior to B18 (2215 or 10:15pm) and so one...... When i will need to change cell b18 to another time.... I need all my cells to still have the same minutes prior to be calculated and deducted. Sorry if questions is compliacted and conf...

i need to sin in bak again
i have tried to sign into my other hotmail account in wrong password ,,and i have been trying for many days,so how can i log in again and when?? ...

Can't install Excell 2007
I successfully installed Excel 2007 on my desktop computer, but am unable to install it on my laptop. I get an error message stating that set-up can not find the following file: office-en-us/officeMUIset.xml I tried locating the file in all the directories on the CD, but can't find it. Can anyone help? ...

Identifying Leads / Opportunites with no open activities
Hi all - can anyone think of a way that we could identify what leads and / or opportunities don't have an open acitivity associated to them? We want to always have a 'next step' for every lead and opportunity that is logged, whether it be an email by the end of the week or a phone call in 6 months time, so that nothing gets lost or forgotten about, but I can't work out how to make sure this is the case. Anyone any ideas? Many thanks in advance Piers On Jul 1, 9:20=A0pm, piersonal <piers.but...@silverbug.com> wrote: > Hi all - can anyone think of a way that we could ...

CRM installation stoped with error msi cannot be installed
Hi I was trying to install CRM server on 2003 mechine . MSMQ,Indexing service, IIS, SQL2000 with SP3 are all installed. all the above services are running. But when i install crm stops reporting msi cannot install error 80004005 . i checked the event log and there it says APS server cannot be started or contacted odbc error. i belive Cristal report services are getting installed but cannot be accessed. Did any one come across such a problum. Is it authentacation problem. i dont have a password on my windows admin account but i have a passoword for sa account in sql server . please ...

Pivot Table help needed
HI, I tried to the example given in this site... http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html For Show/Hide Items -- Visible property is not working. Visible Property is working if the data source is EXcel itself. If the data source is analysis Manager, Visible property is always true...Is there any work around. I have done the macro recording. That is giving a long code which can not be implemented. also I will not able to add a calculated member in the pivot table because the olap datasource is analaysis amanager.. Thanks in advance for any help regarding this. Thanks and regards. ...

I need to synchronize my palm contacts into Outlook
How do I synchronize Palm with Outlook. I have downloaded programs from Palm and Microsoft. When I use the import/export mode Outlooik says I hae to run setup. Can't figure how to do that. You need to provide a whole lot more detail than what you have provided. 1. Version of Outlook? 2. Palm OS version? 3. Have you installed Chapura PocketMirror for synching with Outlook? 4. Setup for what? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be...

why right outer join is needed?
hello, i am having one query regarding joins if in left join i reverse order of table it behaves like right join then why we need to seperate joins? thanks in advance. "Archana" <trialproduct2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7ce01b82-18b9-4b21-98ad-b83fdda6548a@i19g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > hello, > > i am having one query regarding joins > > if in left join i reverse order of table it behaves like right join > then why we need to seperate joins? > > thanks in advance. For ease of writing queries - sometimes it's ea...

I need Create a National Account and Child Account
Hi. I need Create a National Account and Child Account, too. I am Using a Econnet Schemas, i can create a ParentId, but can't create a childparenteId, i don't konw that schema will use to create this childparent, i read the SDK but i don´t understand how to apply this schema in VB.NET. How i can to create this ChildParentid in VB.NET?? I need only one example to Understand how to create this!!!!! I need create this account from CRM and i'm using a webservices whit VB to create this account!! thanks!!!!!! ...

Just installed MS Outlook '07. Unable to send messages.
Hit send/reply button; Received message undeliverable with following error message: 550 please configure mail client to use authentication. Don't know what this means and/or what to do. Please help. You have to set up your mail account to submit a password to both your POP3 and SMTP servers. -- Kathleen Orland Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon http://ontariospca.akaraisin.com/p/kathleenorland.aspx "Louie" <Louie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91BC5A00-C021-4CFD-89CA-C5BF4B1E83F1@microsoft.com......

New article: How to install BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express on a SBS 2008
Hello all, We have a free article for you. There is no registration needed to view the article or to download the pdf. How to install BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express on a SBS 2008 http://www.smallbizserver.net/Articles/tabid/266/Id/343/How-to-install-BlackBerry-Enterprise-Server-Express-on-a-SBS-2008.aspx Special thanks to Jason Miller, Les Connor and Michael B. Smith for helping on this article. All are Microsoft MVP's. If you have questions logon to our site and go to the forums at: http://www.smallbizserver.net/Default.aspx?tabid=53 You need to register an acco...

Customize Activities Views?
Hi all, Just wondering if it's possible to customize Activities views like adding a new one or adding more columns in an existing one. (actually like you can do in most of the CRM objects like Accounts, Cases etc...) I'd like to add the Creation Date column in all activities views so that I can sort them on creation date... Thanks Eric Unsupported customization: http://[server]/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001902} Guids (id) can be found in the SavedQueryBase table. I hope this helps, Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Eric"...

In need of a formula
Hello, This is probably very simple, but I just can't seem to figure it out. I have an amount field on a form which is based on a table with a date field (ChequeDate) for the amount field (ChequeAmount). What I need is to have the amount appear in the control only if the date is later than 31/12/2006 Your help is greatly appreciated Jeannie On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 08:51:00 -0800, Jeannie wrote: > Hello, > This is probably very simple, but I just can't seem to figure it out. I > have an amount field on a form which is based on a table with a date field > (ChequeDate) fo...