DNS Error on Exchange

I am getting the following error on my Exchange server.  What is my problem?
Thanks.

Event Type:	Warning
Event Source:	smtpsvc
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	2012
Date:		1/28/2005
Time:		12:01:53 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	PUMA
SMTP could not connect to the DNS server '24.220.0.11'. The protocol used
was 'UDP'. It may be down or inaccessible.

Data:
0000: d5 04 00 00               Õ...

0
elang (5)

Is that a DNS server that's configured on your Exchange box? It shouldn't
be - your Exchange boxes should be pointed to your AD DNS which is
forwarding to the Internet.

In any case, try this on the Exchange box:

Open a command prompt
nslookup
server 24.220.0.11
www.microsoft.com

Does the lookup work? If not, there's a firewall issue between you and that
DNS server ... find some new ones. :)

--
--Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP

www.briandesmond.com

"elang" <elang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am getting the following error on my Exchange server.  What is my
>problem?
> Thanks.
>
> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: smtpsvc
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 2012
> Date: 1/28/2005
> Time: 12:01:53 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: PUMA
> SMTP could not connect to the DNS server '24.220.0.11'. The protocol used
> was 'UDP'. It may be down or inaccessible.

> Data:
> 0000: d5 04 00 00               �...

0
desmondb (156)

Retryable VSS error. ID 30112 Details: Unknown error (0x800423f3)(ox800423F3)
I consistently get this error trying to backup a single Virtual Server 2005 R2 VM, while other guests on the same host work fine. The problem started when I shut down the VM, compressed the partitions on each of the two VHD files comprising the machine, and then copied the partitions into new VHD files that replaced the original VHD files. After a good deal of experimentation, I am sure the root of the problem is moving the partitions into new VHD files. VS2K5 runs the VM just fine, but DPM 2007 consistently chokes. I'm thinking DPM is storing some identity information ab...

Outlook 2000 error in pst folder
I received an error on my Outlook 2000 when the Inbox or senf folder is attempting to open.The error is in the Windows .pst folder. I am told by Outlook to use the Detect and repair with the program CD. I have tried that, however the problem still exists. I have set up another user account in XP Home and that is a fix, but not very practical. Any Ideas? It says to run the Inbox repair tool. That is scanpst.exe. By default located in; C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID> -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox...

What is error: 0x8004010F and how do I correct it.
When I try to email with outlook 2003 I get the above error stating that an object could not be found. I have xp What type of environment are you in (POP3, Exchange, etc.?). Do you have any add-ins or use anything like Mobile Manager? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "timlaf" wrote: > When I try to email with outlook 2003 I get the above error stating that an > object could not be found. I have xp I am in POP3 "K. Orland" wrote:...

error -1216
I tried to replay the transaction logs into the edb file using the following: eseutil /r e00 /l"c:\temprest" /d"g:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata" Instead of replaying i got an error message: "Operation terminated with error -1216(JET_errAttachedDatabaseMismatch, An outstanding database attachment has been detected at the start or end of recovery but database is missing or does not match attachment information." Does anyone know how to get around this? I have done a search in google for this error....and have found nothing. "=?Utf-8?B?cGF1bGI=?=&qu...

Auto Accept Agent Errors
Hi Everyone, I am running the Auto Accept Agent on an Exchange 2003 w/SP1. I have about 10 resource mailboxes registered, and it had been working fine for almost a year now. Starting last week, the Agent stopped proccessing any new appointments, and is logging the following error about 8 times a second in the Application Log: -------------- Event Type: Error Event Source: Auto Accept Agent Event Category: None Event ID: 4097 Date: 10/25/2005 Time: 8:44:08 AM User: N/A Computer: ODIN Description: Exception occurred while processing item "". This item will not be processed. T...

#error in text box
I have this code in a text box = dsum("[Amount]", "[July 09 - On Billings and Adjustments Data Query]", "[Customer No] = " & [cboCustomerNumber] & " AND Format([Posting Date Period], ""yyyymm"") = '" & Format([cboPostingDate], "yyyymm") & "'") i keep getting #error in my text box i'm struggling to find they answer to why the query July 09 - On Billings and Adjustments Data Query has fields of customer Number posting periood date Amount Now i have two combo ...

Where to find documentation on IDispatch errors?
Hello again, I am trying to figure out how to look up IDispatch errors. I couldn't find the documentation that explains IDispatch errors by their error ID (ex: #32). Can anyone point me to documentation where I can find a list of IDispatch errors and their descriptions? The error I'm trying to figure out the meaning of is IDispatch error #32. Thank you, Mete You did better post this to a programmer's group... IDispatch is a COM interface. It is documented in MSDN: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/automat/htm/chap5_3alw.asp. Typically IDispatch ...

Error when installing sample data in Project Accounting
When I run the macro to load sample data onto my TWO company in project accounting, after a few minutes, when the employee data is getting loaded, I get an error that window is no longer available and the macro stops running. Anyone has any idea how to load the remainder of the sample data and why this error is happening. I tried to load the data again (a fresh database load) but I got the same error again. Hi, add OLEPath=d:\eentrprs\ in your dex.ini file and run the macro again. Regards Ani "AA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6efa01c...

GetWindowRect errors
Hi, this is a bit tricky to explain, so please be complain if im not making myself clear. code: in form view : <.h> CFontListCtrl c_FontList; // my subclassed control <.cpp> c_FontList.GetCtrlRect(&c_staticBorder); // call a method from formview in subclass: <.cpp> void CFontListControl::GetCtrlRect(CStatic* pS) { CRect rect(0,0,0,0); pS->GetWindowRect(&rect); ScreenToClient(&rect); <<<----------------wrong // use rect... rect is relivent to c_FontList not main window ...... ...... } problem is, the above call S...

Making Exchange 2003 server a DC/GC server?
Is it now a recommended practice to make a primary corporate Exchange 2003 server an AD domain controller/GC server, so that the Exchange server can do local GC lookups faster (as long as the server has the RAM and horsepower)? Robert: I have never seen a recommendation that this is a good practice. While "best practices" for some things change over time, I think this is still a bad idea (IMHO). In an environment with more than a few hundred users, it is just a bad design. Small organizations can't afford this, of course, but larger ones can and should put their D...

Printing Envelopes in word98/OS9 causes error
I have a user which is the only one who recieves this error yet everyone else does not who performs the same task but not as often. When she prints a envelope via the wizard she sometimes receives the error "An error has occured while printing" she hits ok. And then from that day on she and only she cant print envelopes to that document. I have walked her through sitting right next to her, printing an envelope and notice nothing that she isnt doing that i am, or anything extra for that matter, ive removed office98 and the problem leaves sometimes for a month sometimes doesnt effect ...

Exchange 5.5 (VPN/External Access)
Hi All, We currently use exchange 5.5 (win2k server) for our postoffice and im currently looking into giving a small amount of users access to their email from home. How secure or what are the best practices in this situation....? OWA pop3 tunneling VPN Custom Recipient (just forward email to their home account) Lets just leave this one out for the moment as i know all about this.... Each of these scare the hell out of me as the client machines will largly be out of my control. I think the VPN option scares me the most as this will give most access, whereas with the other two i'm...

run time error -2147352567
Help! I keep getting run time error -2147352567 "The data has been changed" on my form. The error is generated when I click on a button the opens up a report for me. Here is the VBA. (Submitting just tells if strRQD is "NotMet") Private Sub Command53_Click() 'Print Preview Call Submitting If strRQD = "NotMet" Then strMessage = strMessage + Chr(13) + strDetails + Chr(13) + "Would you like to print these issues on the report?" Select Case MsgBox(strMessage, vbYesNoCancel) Case 6 'Yes Me.IssuesComments = strDetail...

Exchange server resending message
I have a SBS2003 server that uses a pop connector to pull over messages from an ISP. The server has been resending an incoming message that has over a thousand recipients! One of my users got an email from a Professional organization he is a member of. Every time he gets a copy of the message, the server starts sending out a flurry of these messages. I spoke to the organization and they informed me that there have been thousands of returned mail. I have checked the server for viruses but have found none. I have up to date versions Symantec Antivirus Server and Exchange Antivirus by Syma...

Norton Internet Security 2004 and Outlook Errors
Anyone installed Norton Internet Security Professional 2004 on XP Operating System? Have you seen unusual errors when closing Outlook like: The instruction at "0x311e2355" referenced memory at "0x027842c0". The memory could not be "read". Any ideas? NIS2004 Pro also has a component called ccApp.exe, which likes to fully throttle up the processor, and it won't let go until reboot. NIS2004 Pro also causes some web pages to not display, regardless of configuration settings. So far, I've tried uninstall, reinstall, clean boot, and even reformatting t...

Exchange 2003 Public Records Requests
Hello all -- I am the Exchange 2003 administrator of a large (500+ users) library. We have a public records requirement that says we have to keep email for a period of three years. However, our top 10 emails users have information stores of anywhere between 1.5G to 2.3 gigs! I would like a way to clean up their deleted items folder of all emails that are older than three years. Is that possible? And if so, then how? thanks, Blake Hi - Check out the functionality of the Mailbox Mananger in combination with recipient policies. You'll probably need to do some reading (the M...

Exchange 55 mailbox issue
Hi , We have deleted mailboxes still appearing in the IS database. Some mailbox's still appear in the Mailbox resources under Private Information store of the server object. We have a single exchange 55 server in our site which communicates with our head office running in a different site. What can be done to remove these deleted mailboxes from the IS database. xor Have you done the knowledge consistence check ? If it do not help make a eseutil /d and "isinteg -test alltests - fix -detailed". I had the same problemes with some servers after migration the mailboxes to Ex...

How do I open port 389 (LDAP) on exchange server
I have an application that we want are using to download from LDAP our exchange active directory users. When I scan the exchange server on port 389 the state is closed. How do I change the state to open. Can anyone also brief me on the security risk of opening that port. Thanks in advance. On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 09:58:02 -0700, Brillmike <brillmike@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have an application that we want are using to download from LDAP our >exchange active directory users. When I scan the exchange server on port 389 >the state is closed. How do I change the state to open. Can...

LCR question in Exchange 2007
With LCR are all the transaction log files copied from the production storage group to LCR copy? if a transaction log file is created on the production storage group is this log file also copied to the LCR copy? Thanks On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:07:01 -0700, skip <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >With LCR are all the transaction log files copied from the production storage >group to LCR copy? if a transaction log file is created on the production >storage group is this log file also copied to the LCR copy? > >Thanks Yes. But remember there can only be one sto...

VC++ .NET 2002: MFC Errors C2761 & C2447
Hi all I started the Template of MFC and typed in the necessary some lines of source code of Ex05b of Programming With Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Core Reference (6th Edition) by G. Shepherd with D. Kruglinski. The Eg05bView.cpp and Eg05bView.h files I edited/changed are listed below. I did not change anythings in the other files When I did "build" on this Eg05b project, I got the following two errors c:\Documents and Settings\Scott H. Chang\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\Eg05b\Eg05bView.cpp(96): error C2761: 'void CEg05bView::OnLButtonDown(UINT,CPoint)' : member function ...

Error Error my framework is not loading
Help, just installed Office / Mac 2004 for word...... every time I open it I = get an=20 error of "problem loading the framework library?" HELP ! Any thoughts Thanks in advance Larry Hi Larry: See here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321386 Regards On 28/9/04 2:54 AM, in article 21fe01c4a4b2$b967d460$a501280a@phx.gbl, "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Help, > just installed Office / Mac 2004 for word...... every time I open it I get an > error of "problem loading the fr...

Error during Archiving
Error while archiving folder inbox in store <mailboxname> some items could not be moved, because they have already been moved or deleted I am getting this error while archiving is there any way to get around this issue ...

Backup Failed with VSS Writer Error following Reboot
Back up using Backup Exec 10.d failed on Windows Server 2003 SP1, Exchange 2003 SP2. Error occurred after a maintenance reboot. Event Log - Application ************************* Source: ESE Category: Logging/Recovery Type: Error Event ID: 206 Information Store (3616) First Storage Group: Database D:\Program Files \Exchsrvr\mdbdata\pub1.edb cannot be incrementally backed-up. You must first perform a full backup before performing an incremental backup. Source: MSExchangeIS Category: Exchange VSS Writer Type: Error Event ID: 9611 - Error code 0xfffffdd0 when freezing the Storage groups. Sour...

add microsoft exchange sever
I need to add exchange sever to Outlook 2003, but when I add as new e-mail I get an error has to be added fron mail icon in control pannel. which is not present. What OS are you using? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, bb asked: | I need to add exchange sever to Outlook 2003, but when I add as new | e-mail I get an error has to be added fron mail icon in control | pannel. which is not present. ...

Exchange 2007 #8
Hello- If anyone here can help with two problems I would be forever grateful! Details: 2000 & 2007 co-existence 1) I can no longer send email to any of the 2000 mailboxes. I can receive from 2000 or external, I can send to 2007 or external, however, I cannot send to 2000 internal mailboxes. Examining the Queue Viewer I see that the mail is getting stuck and that the last error states: 451 4.4.0 Primary target IP address responded with: "535 5.7.3 Anonymous authentication is not allowed." Attempted failover to alternate host, etc...etc. 2) OWA no longer works via SSL. I t...