DL's from "Personal Folders" empty after moving them to Exchange "Contacts"

Hey everyone,

We were running a Linux (PostFix) mail server where everyone was using POP3
and a .pst file to view their email.  They were using Outlook 2000 as the
client.  We are moving to Windows 2003, Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003.  Our
DCs are Windows 2003 too.

Here's the problem:

After we convert a user we move all of their data from their .pst file up to
the server.  After we do that, we see that their DLs on the server side are
now empty!  Anyone know what is going on?  Any white papers?  Thanks for any
and all help.

Clayton

0
none89 (807)

Clayton Sutton wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> We were running a Linux (PostFix) mail server where everyone was
> using POP3 and a .pst file to view their email.  They were using
> Outlook 2000 as the client.  We are moving to Windows 2003, Exchange
> 2003 and Outlook 2003.  Our DCs are Windows 2003 too.
>
> Here's the problem:
>
> After we convert a user we move all of their data from their .pst
> file up to the server.  After we do that, we see that their DLs on
> the server side are now empty!  Anyone know what is going on?  Any
> white papers?  Thanks for any and all help.
>

> Clayton

See if this helps:
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/pabimport.htm

0
lanwench (7567)

Lost Contacts after switch to Personal Folders File.. any suggestions?
I recently switched my Outlook 2k3 data file from the old 97-2002 format to the updated larger capacity Personal Folders File. I created a new new data file in the PFF format then imported the old 97-2002 file back into the new data file. Here is where the problems start, all the email messages seem to have imported correctly but none of the contacts made it over. In addition if i have the mail button highlited in the lower left corner i do not have an icon for my contacts listed under All Mail Folders in the middle left pane of outlook. Can i re-import only contacts and why is "conta...

3 issues
I have 3 issues: 1. I want to change the location of the data file. I tried moving the data file to where I want it and then openned Outlook and it said it couldn't find the file but did not give me the option to browse to its new location.How do I change the location of the PST data file? 2. Two identical "Personal Folders - Bill" show up at the ;eft side of the screen under All Mail folders - How can I delete one? 3. When I open the address book when sending an email it opens to a contacts folder which has nothing in it - I keep going and under Personal Address book...

Multiple Personal Folders and Contacts
I transferred my friends settings from his old computer to his new one for him and Outlook seems to have gone wonky. There are 2 copies of his Personal Folders which seem to mirror each other...as in if you delete a message from one it's gone from both. I can't figure out how to get rid of one of them. The second problem is that there are 3 Contacts lists. Two of them are empty and one (which I have selected) has his contacts in it. Does anyone know how to get ride of the extra Pers. Folders and Contacts entries? I couldn't find anything under help about it. This is Outlook 2003 ...

DL's from "Personal Folders" empty after moving them to Exchange "Contacts"
Hey everyone, We were running a Linux (PostFix) mail server where everyone was using POP3 and a .pst file to view their email. They were using Outlook 2000 as the client. We are moving to Windows 2003, Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Our DCs are Windows 2003 too. Here's the problem: After we convert a user we move all of their data from their .pst file up to the server. After we do that, we see that their DLs on the server side are now empty! Anyone know what is going on? Any white papers? Thanks for any and all help. Clayton Clayton Sutton wrote: > Hey everyone, &...

Update my Outlook Contacts (all personal folders) desktop to my la
I have Microsft Office Pro in both of my computer: my desktop and laptop. However, all my Contacts folders in my laptop are several months old. I need to update them with Outlook folders from my desktop computer. I have USB that I can copy from my desktop computer to laptop but I don't know how to do it Please tell me step by step how to do it. Which files to copy and location, and the procedure, etc. I have very sensitive data ( patients records) that I don't want to damage and/or loose. Thank you in advance for your help "EdgardM" <EdgardM@discuss...